• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 390 Views, 1 Comments

Supercharged Equestrian Journey - Inactive AF



Petal Flame is a human mage who, along with her cat and horse, stumble upon Equestria.

  • ...
3
 1
 390

Welcome to Equestria

When I came to, we were still in the dark forest next to the portal. The storm was gone. I was lying on the forest floor. I could hear Morpheus- or whatever his name was- and Midnight arguing somewhere near me.
"It was your fault! You told her what you are!" The voice was high pitched and girly; Midnight's.
"What have I done, Midnight?! I'm sick of lying to her. She's my best friend. Besides, who knows what troubles we will face in this place; it's best I have the ability to change shape. Besides, what was I supposed to do? Turn back into a cat in front of her eyes and pretend like I got powers here? I'm done with the lies, Midnight."
I heard a sigh. "I suppose you're right, Morpheus. We'll need her to finally know the truth. Especially now the portal isn't working anymore...."

I sat up in shock. "What do you mean the portal isn't working?!"
"You mean you were listening?" Midnight asked.
Morpheus just shook his head. "No, Pet, the portal is gone. We threw a stone to test and it didn't go anywhere. Midnight went to where the stone was and nothing happened. It doesn't look like a mirror."
"First, don't call me Pet," I snarled. "From now on it's Flame. To everyone." I saw the hurt flash across his face. "Second, maybe it only works for me? Maybe my powers activated it?"
"Go and try it then." Midnight said.

Wearily, I stood up. I should've felt dizzy; using magic to make the storm would usually drain me. But I felt great. Heck, I even felt energized. I chalked that down to adrenaline.
I examined where the mirror was supposed to be. Beyond it was more dark forest. I shakily walked forward, and touched the portal. Nothing. I walked through. And I just ended up in more forest. I swore.

I went over to where they were sitting on a log and sat. "Fine, no portal. How are we supposed to get home?"
"Um..... I don't think we are..." Morpheus said bashfully.
"WHAT?!" I yelled.
"Well... I changed into a bird and did a sweep of the forest. I saw we're in a dark land nothing like our earth. There are beasts roaming around the forest who looked... well, we're lucky we didn't run into them. Anyway, I went over to brighter lands. What I saw was strange. I saw... ponies. They could talk. They looked like similar versions of Midnight, only much smaller. And they had a variety of colors on them. Their coats and manes were.. weird. We're not on our universe, Pe- uh, Flame. And it doesn't look like we'll be going home anytime soon."

I put my head in my hands. I was finding it hard to breathe. "How... did this... happen.." I panted. "Oh my... Aunt will... be.. so worried..." I stood up and started pacing.
"Flame, you're having a panic attack," Morpheus stood and gripped me until he made me stop moving. He looked me in the eyes, his bright green into my gray ones.
I felt my breathing slow as Morpheus had me mesmerized. That was, of course, I remembered he had lied to me my whole life. I started pacing again, panicking.
"Flame, you're gonna have to let me back in. It's me. You know me. You love me."
"That's just it! I DON'T know you, do I?! I don't even know your real name!"
He looked at the ground, shamed. "My name was given to me by my owner. It's Morpheus."

Midnight stood and walked over to us. She nuzzled me, like she was looking for treats off me. "Flame, Morpheus, we don't have time to argue. We can talk about this later. I hear noise of someone approaching." I realized Midnight was trying to comfort me. And that she was right.
My breathing slowed. "That's right, Flame, deep breaths." Midnight encouraged.
"Thanks, Midnight." As I said this, she stopped nuzzling me. I petted her nose affectionately.

"We need to get a story straight if someone is coming..." Morpheus sounded off. I looked over and saw he looked hurt at our exchange. Did he expect I'd jump into his arms, all, thanks for the truth even though it's YEARS too late, Morphie? Chance would be a fine thing.
But Midnight was right, it was not the time or place for truths and lies. So instead of saying what I wanted to say, I said "Why do we need a story?"
"Because this place may be dangerous. We cannot let the.... ponies.. or whatever here know the true extent of your powers. We don't know how they'd react." Morpheus explained.
"Alright then. So, my name is Petal Flame and I am ordinary?"
"Something like that," Morpheus smiled. "We don't even know how they'd react to magic here. The humans didn't even think they had it. It may be the same here. It's best to keep your powers as low key as possible."

I bit my lip back on some questions, as I remembered the flashbacks of my Aunt wiping my mind and fencing a lot of my power off.
"Um, no offence, but Morpheus is a weird name for a human..." Midnight added.
"I like it..." Morpheus sounded hurt. "But... it might be for the best to change it. It may not be wise to let the residents here know of my abilities either..."
"We'll call you Theo then. It's kind of a bit short for Morpheus. Phe-us. The-o. Get it?" I suggested.
Morpheus looked surprised. "Theo it it then..."

"Company will be here soon.." Midnight warned.
Theo cocked his head to the side. "You're right...."
Midnight started to do a countdown. "Five... four... three... two...one."

Enter purple pony. The pony had a light purple coat, and a dark purple mane and tail with a pink streak through it. I saw she had two... what looked like tattoos on her flank. It was of a big star with smaller stars on it. It was the same on either side. Her eyes were also cartoonish, and purple. She also had wings. And a horn. On her head.
"Hi! My name is Twilight Sparkle! Welcome to Equestria!" She said enthusiastically.
I stepped forward. "Hello Twilight Sparkle. My name is Petal Flame. This is Theo," he nodded his head. "And this is Midnight Shimmer." Midnight smiled and said hello.

"Twilight Sparkle, do you happen to know what we're doing in your world?" Asked Theo.
Something flashed in her eyes. It looked like fear. "Um, no. And you all can call me Twilight. I was just... doing some things... and then the earth shook... and then there was a massive storm in the Everfree Forest so I was out investigating. By the way, the Everfree is where we are now. I live in Ponyville. Which is next to the Everfree." At this stage she was just rambling. She seemed to take a deep breath. "So.. what happened to bring you here?"

"Well.. we were on a hike... and we crossed a river... and ended up here. We couldn't get back." I explained.
"Oh! That is strange.. a portal. I'm afraid our world, Equs, has been having a lot of trouble with portals lately. That's what Princess Celestia told me anyway.." Twilight murmured. "Anyway! We'll have to see to it that you're looked after until you can go home. We'll find you a place to stay for the time being."
"That would be nice..." I said apologetically.
"Come on then. Let's get out of the Everfree. Trust me, it's not a place you want to be in..." Twilight led the way out.

I caught up to her. "So... ponies can fly?" I asked, eyeing her wings.
"Yep! There are three types of ponies: pegasi, ponies who can fly,; unicorns, ponies with horns like mine who do magic, and earth ponies. Earth ponies don't have wings or horns. They're really strong though and usually grow crops."
"So, why have you got wings and a horn?" Asked Theo.
"Because I'm an alicorn princess."
"Oh...." he muttered.

"So some ponies have magic?" Asked Midnight.
"Yep!" Replied Twilight chirpily. Too chirpily.
"Do all ponies talk?" I asked.
"Of course!"

The rest of the walk continued in silence. Until we were nearly there.
"So, the ponies here in Ponyville will probably stare. And freak out. So, I'm going to put you all under an invisibility spell, take you to my home in the library, get my friends and then, we'll get it all sorted out, ok?"
"Sure." I said.

Her horn lit up. I didn't feel anything, but no one said anything to us or looked shocked in the town. It must have worked.
They did, however, say lots to Twilight. It was mostly polite hellos. The ponies were of all different colors. They all had tattoos on their flanks, except a few of the smaller ones. Like Twilight said, some had wings, some horns, some nothing. It was weird to see a town with loads of ponies in it.

We reached the library, which was in a tree. Twilight told us to go look around, she was going to find her friends and "Spike", whoever that was. I found a bedroom, with a bed in it. I lay down on the bed just for a minute.... but I was so mentally exhausted, I fell asleep.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment