• Published 28th Apr 2014
  • 956 Views, 4 Comments

A Thousand Years Redone - Aqua Shimmer



What if Nightmare Moon wasn't defeated and had succeeded in defeating her sister by banishing her to the sun?

  • ...
1
 4
 956

Goodnight, Sister Mine

Celestia walked through the hallway of the Everfree Palace. She looked out one of the many windows in the hall, up at the sun high in the sky. She smiled and walked to the thrown room. Luna was taking care of the royal duties at the moment and she had to get her sister so they could enjoy lunch together like they used to. They hadn't been able to do so for at least a month and Celestia wanted to spend some more time with Luna before she herself grew to busy for small little things. Celestia looked away from her sun and sighed. Luna seemed to push herself farther away from her on purpose, offering to walk in ponies dreams to rid them of their nightmares and sleeping during the day to safeguard the night. She had good intentions, yes, but Celestia couldn't help but wonder why Luna offered so much. Celestia was more than capable to handle a few nights without sleep but Luna was barely sleeping. Between the royal duties they had to uphold and Luna's watch once night fell, the younger pony slept around once a week, much to her elder sister's discretion. Celestia shook her head and brushed away a piece of pink hair that fell in front of her face. Luna probably slept little out of fear of what terrible things may happen to her subjects. She soon reached the main doors and opened them.

"Luna?" She looked around, surprised to see that her sister wasn't on he throne like she normally would be. She looked around, very much aware of the lack of her younger sister. "Luna? Where are you?" She heard laughter echo around the room. However it wasn't the happy laugh that belonged to Luna when she tried to scare her sister. It was harsh and maniacal. She narrowed her eyes. "Show yourself!" She was met with another laugh before Luna walked out of the shadows behind the thrones. "Luna? What are you doing?" Her younger sister looked at her, but it wasn't her sister's eyes that watched her. The were cat-like and filled with anger but they were the same teal color as Luna's.

"What do you want?" The words cut through Celestia but she shook her head. It wasn't Luna's voice. It was too angry, too distrustful, to be hers. "Can't you see I'm busy?!"

"Busy with what?" Celestia was caught of guard as she was thrown at the wall. Luna walked up the stairs, pausing at the top in front of the window. She glared down at her sister as Celestia noticed her body growing darker and her mane started to float around her, looking like bits of the night sky. Her regalia disappeared, being replaced by light blue armor, a crescent moon stamped on the chest piece.

"Oh, Tia. I thought you would have realized by now. There can only be one princess in Equestria!" Celestia's eyes widened as Luna's body grew larger and darker as she raised her hooves, "And that princess will be ME!!!" Luna brought her hooves down, cracking the wall and shattering the window as she saw the moon begin to raise in the middle of the day. She saw the sky grow dark as the moon began to cover the sun, casting the world into an unnatural night. She looked at her sister, or what used to be her sister. In the blue alicorn's place was a large, black mare in light blue armor and a mane like the night sky. The mare was laughing and Celestia stared at her in horror.

"L-Luna?" She stared, unable to look away from the evil mare.

"No! I am not Luna anymore, I am, Nightmare Moon!!" Celestia's eyes began to water as she looked at the mare.

"Luna, please." The black mare glared.

"I. Am. Not. LUNA!!!!!" Nightmare shot a beam of magic at the ceiling, causing it to crumble and a large section to fall over where Celestia was standing. She jumped out of the way and stared at her sister before closing her eyes which were filling with tears and flying through the hole and into the sky. Luna had betrayed her, forcing the night in the middle of the day. "And where do you think you're going?!" Celestia's eyes widened and she looked behind her, only to see nothing. She looked in forward and saw this Nightmare Moon pony charging towards her. She turned away, flying in another direction. She heard a laugh behind her and then had a sudden pain in her shoulder. She started to fall but was wrapped in a blue magic. Celestia looked upwards, at Nightmare, who was holding her there. She was glaring down at Celestia but then smiled.

"I, Nightmare Moon, hereby banish you to the sun. You shall never return as long as I rule!" Celestia's eyes widened at the words but then she shut them tightly as the magic around her grew brighter.

When she opened her eyes again, she was looking at the night sky but when she looked at the landscape around her she had to shield her eyes, for the surface was shining brightly.

"W-where am I?" She looked around and saw a blue and green sphere a long distance away. She recalled Nightmare's words and began to panic. She ran in place for a few moments, taking in her surroundings. The smooth surface off where she stood was burning but it didn't hurt. She put her hooves through the flame and was surprised at its cool touch. She looked at the sphere in the sky again, at her home. How long would she be stuck here? She lowered her head and sighed. "Why Luna? Why?"

Comments ( 4 )

An interesting concept. I often wonder what would happen if Luna had succeeded in her plan. Keep it up!

You know, for once I would like to see a fic that has Nightmare Moon win and it NOT be a grimdark world. I mean, I know that Nightmare Moon is evil and all, but how evil is she really? Look at the "obstacles" she put in front of the Mane Six. Some scary trees. Cutting off a hydra's mane. Putting a splinter in the paw of a manticore. Trying to convince Rainbow Dash to join her with only dialogue. Yes, pure evil there.

4331436
Well, considering that I rated this for everyone, I'm fairly certain this won't be Grimdark.

Login or register to comment