• Published 3rd Mar 2014
  • 560 Views, 4 Comments

Fluttershy's prince - Gingery



One day Fluttershy meets the stallion of her dreams. She wants to introduce him to her friends, but he insists that he is her secet. Little does she know he has his own little secret. How will she react to this? Will she follow him?

  • ...
4
 4
 560

My hearts and hooves day

After I delivered the card, I went inside and decided to make blueberry pancakes for breakfast.

The pancakes were on the stove and the delicious smell wafted around my home. All of my critters came to the sunlit kitchen instantly. I served the pancakes to everyone and an extra helping to Angel. Everyone was stuffing their faces when I heard a knock at my door.

"It must be the mailpony" I said to myself and opened the door. On my welcome mat there were letters from all of my friends, but nothing else. I was a bit disappointed. I sat down, leaned against the doorframe and read them. They were all basically the same with I love you written on a pink sheet of paper. "Nothing new, but it was still very thoughtful of them to give these wonderful cards".

I walked down the dirt road, stopped, looked to see that no pony was around and went on the secret path, hidden by a rather large rock. I walked around it and followed a path of primroses to a clearing with a waterfall. The clearing was grassy with light-pink roses in a few spots. The waterfall was a sky-blue color on a plain hill, but where the water came out there was sticking out saffires, so beautiful that even Rarity couldn't dream of them. There were a few oak tress around the small hill, enough that you couldn't see it without being extra close. They were obviously planted years ago, you could tell by the specific shadow patterns it tends o make during moonrise. The waterfall's rushing water was like a beautiful melody, especially when the birds sang along. The little hill was actually quite tall, with deep green grass and buttercups. It was like this place wasn't meant to be found, but to just be a critter's haven. I can't imagine this place crowded and open for public. I was lucky enough to discover when I was looking for Angel. It was my place, my special place....'maybe one day I'll share with some pony special, but until then this place is staying my secret.

I passed the oaks and pink roses and sat down by the river. I sang to the music of the rushing water and the tunes of the birds all around me. I love to sing.....I was flying up in the clouds practically in heaven! Until I heard a rustle and then a groan of pain. My eyes widen slightly and I fly as fast as I can. Which sadly isn't very much. I get to the ground and search for source of the groan. I saw a little light. I start to gallop in full speed. 'Oh no it could've been a hurt, lost and hungry critter. I must find it'. I turned out to be in the hallow of a oak. I peered inside and gasped in horror, There was a baby nightingale with a twisted wing, giving out a painful squeak. 'Poor little thing, I have to take him with me until he gets better. I'll have to locate it's home later on, but didn't I hear a groan from here before? Oh well..' I carefully picked him up with my wings and put him in a nest of leaves in my saddlebag, but left it open so he could get some fresh air.

I decided to go to Twilight's house and see if she had a book on nightingales in her library. Ponyville had been decorated with so many things, just as Pinky promised. There were streamers, balloons, a chocolate fountains on every corner, the BIGGEST EVER strawberry cake with delicious looking red icing, Pinkie even invited Discord for an order on cotton candy clouds that rained chocolate milk!

"Hey Fluttershy! Do you like my party!? Do ya? Do ya? Do ya?" Pinkie looked at with big hopeful eyes and one of her extra huge smiles. I simply nodded with a smile.

"Oh Pinkie it's wonderful, but I have to get to Twilight. I hope she has a book on Nightingales, because I found one and it's really hurt. But I promise I'll come later".

"Okie-dokie-lokie. Just make sure you get a piece of the cake!" and with that she bounced off. I went to lo for Twilight in the party, after all nopony ever misses a Pinky party!

I checked at the cake stands, games section, the cotton candy clouds and even in the frosting ski slope. I was getting worried, until I spotted her under a near by tree quietly reading a book. I trotted over to her.

"Umm.. hello Twilight. I was just wondering if you had a Nightingale book" I asked. She looked up and smiled.

"Of course I do, come on I'll show you" and she lead me into her library and using her magic, she lifted off a few books." You can always ask me your question, I've read those books a few times myself"' and she put them back.

" Ok, umm.. I was just wondering how to cure a Nightingale with a twisted wing. You see, I was minding my own business and I heard a groan, I thought it was a pony or a deep-voiced critter, but it was a Nightingale in a hallow of tree, squeaking in pain from the twisted wing," I replayed the memory in my head. A bird can't make a groan, it probably was somepony else that I didn't see. Or maybe I just imagined it as a groan. I looked at Twilight who was in deep thought.

"Did you happen to see a glow after the groan?"

"Yes... I thought that was a trick of the sun though". I was getting confused, is Twilight on to something or is she trying to find a cure? She looked a bit worried. It can't be that bad, can it? I must have looked like I was going panic, because her next words were:

"Calm down, I just think we should see princesses tomorrow, ok?"

"The princesses, why?"

"Back to the point, can I see your bird?"

Author's Note:

I am so sorry for taking so long to update. It's been two weeks, not one week. Any way I'll update next week. I Pinkie promise.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment