• Published 26th Feb 2014
  • 6,352 Views, 300 Comments

The Sword in the Stone: Courage to be King - Flutters Is Shy



King Arthur, recently crowned, isnt quite ready to sit down for his reign, so Merlin decides to take him on an adventure to a land called "Equestria"

  • ...
11
 300
 6,352

10 -An Errant Bit of Nuttery

Hazel looked on as loud noises continuously came from the opening. Purple mean horse that tried to hurt her mate-to-be had started breathing heavily, one of her eyes twitching erratically. Hazel decided it would be best if put some distance between her mate-to-be and the purple mean horse, so she subtly pushed at his side. Managed to get him a full two tails farther from the purple mean horse than he had been.

It would have to be enough.

Purple mean horse and white bird horse were jabbering away at each other, more purple mean horse than white bird horse. Purple mean horse brayed too much.

Why couldn't she be nice and quiet, like her mate-to-be?

Her sweet little mate-to-be was mostly quiet, only braying back in short bursts. It was almost like they were communicating or something. Ha, as if. Like the purple mean horse was actually capable of rational thought.

White bird horse and purple mean horse started walking inside the two legged tree-home-that-wasn't-a-tree.

She hadn't seen any two leggeds since they had gotten here, after they had all turned into small horses. Hazel had thought that odd initially, but the added size was a nice bonus.

The dull claws on the ends of her new paws -were they even paws anymore? It sort of just looked like they ended in leg- were a bit of a disappointment. It had been really hard to climb trees with them, but she had managed.

She'd have to thank the weird old not-squirrel. She just knew he was somehow responsible for all of this. Her mate-to-be had been like her before he had shown up, but he had turned into a two legged like the old weird not-squirrel had been.

It was also the old weird not-squirrel that had made a loud yell before they were all turned into small horses and brought into the scary forest. So he had to have done it.

Hazel would never admit it, but she had been stalking her mate-to-be for a while before that point, ever since she had tearfully watched him walk away as a two legged. Mustering her courage, she had finally just leapt down on him from above. She knew he was a two legged at that point, but she didn't care. Old weird not-squirrel turned her mate-to-be into a two legged, so why couldn't he turn him back? If she couldn't get her point across... she'd just scratch not-squirrel's eyes out.

If her mate-to-be saw that, he'd be sure to stay with her, seeing that she was so strong.

Oh well. Her mate-to-be seemed to like the not-squirrel, so it might actually make him sad if she were to do that now.

Speaking of the not-squirrel, it seems the white bird horse had led them straight to him. He was making all sorts of noises that came together in a admittedly nice sound.

White bird horse and purple mean horse started braying at not-squirrel, making the nice sounds stop. Why couldn't they have just let it continue?

Stupid purple mean horse. Not-squirrel let loose a smell of slight fear, followed by short laughter like huffs. The white bird horse mimicked not-squirrels huffs, making purple mean horse bray rather annoyingly again. She wished purple mean horse would just go away, but it didn't look like that was going to happen any time soon. If only she didn't have the stupid purple sun light stuff. She was certain that if it came down to a fight she could take her, but with her stupid purple sun light that came out of her antler she could very well string her up and take her own shots. Maybe if she bit purple mean horse on her antler? Might work. Might not. Should try throwing a nut at the antler, see if it made the purple sun light go away. Next time.

So involved in her own thoughts, she hadn't noticed them focusing on her. All of them were looking at her. Old not-squirrel, white bird horse, mate-to-be and even the purple mean horse. Old not-squirrel was chittering something back and forth between the white bird horse and the purple mean horse. And then they kept looking back. At her. It was rather worrying, especially seeing as the white bird horse started looking kinda... mad. And pointing at her with its not-paws.

It all culminated with the purple mean horse making her purple sun light, and making it grow brighter. She fidgeted underneath its light, wondering if she should try the whole 'nut+antler' attempt or if she should simply just sit still. Mate-to-be didn't look or feel at all worried, so really, should she? Also she sadly had no nuts with which to try. She knw she shouldn't have eaten them all, but there had been so many... she had wrongly assumed she would simply be able to just get more when she was hungry.

With a loud crack and a flash of purple sun light, she felt a wave of pain arc through her. She shuddered in place, shivering with rage as she prepared to lash out at her aggressor. Her mate-to-be lightly pressed against her side, apparently trying to quell her anger.

"Are you-"

"STUPID PURPLE MEAN HORSE!!!" she screamed in the purple mean horses face, settling for verbal fury. She couldn't risk her mate-to-be's safety if a fight broke out between her and the purple mean horse. In the worser of cases, the purple mean horse might try to hurt her mate-to-be to trip her up, make her mess up and cause the death of them both.

"Well, I dare say we can be sure your... er.. 'translation' spell worked, even if you did skip over twenty steps to make it so you wouldn't hurt the target," not-squirrel admonished the stupid purple mean horse.

...

Wait, what?

Author's Note:

Okay... Hey guys!
*looks around nervously*
Gosh... it sure has been a while since I last updated, huh? Well, heres a short snippet of a chapter to tide you over till the next chapter, which I plan on working on for the next few days. Hopefully I'll finally be able to hand you guys a 5k chapter...

Also, my releasing this chapter as is has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the chapter is exactly 1k. Its not like I've never been able to do that before and wanted to save it for prosperity...
*whistles guiltily*

Okay, so a thing I've been doing with my other stories is I've beseeched the readers (you guys) to leave questions for the main characters to answer. So go ahead, ask Arthur, Merlin or Hazel something!