• Published 20th Feb 2014
  • 6,372 Views, 219 Comments

My name's Axel, and these are my friends - Mr Darkstone



You know if you told me that my friends and I would become Organization XIII and would end up in Equestria just to bug alot of ponies... I would have thought that it sounded like fun..

  • ...
34
 219
 6,372

Chapter 4: ... Who needs enemies

Axel's P.O.V, 15 minutes ago

Regret, that's all I feel when I look at my sleeping friends, especially my little brother and sister. The ones that were still asleep were in the same exact pods that Sora, Donald, and Goofy had fallen asleep in Chain of Memories and II, it confuses me to no end as to how the sleep spell that Celestia and Luna used had somehow ended up like that. But that's not why I'm here, I'm here to say something I've been meaning to say since I woke up.

"Drake, Solomon, Hugo, Robert, Theodore, Jackie, Donny... Sam... I'm so sorry... I'm sorry that I couldn't save us before we turned, I'm sorry that you had to spend over a thousand years asleep, and I'm sorry that we went to that stupid god damn convention. If we never went, we could have had our own lives, get married, have kids, and best of all, die. But no, we went because we thought that it would be a fun to go there because of my birthday... ha, with everything that has been going on I forgot that today was my birthday. Well then, happy 1,056th birthday to me."

"Well then for what's its worth, happy birthday Kyle." Saïx said as he was standing right in front of the door. Though we decided to use the names of the characters we were dressed as originally, it wasn't uncommon for us to call each other by our old names every once in awhile either by accident or on purpose.

"... How long" I asked in a neutral tone of voice.

"Not long, you got a good head start on me." He then moved closer to where I was standing, once he did, he then put a hand on my shoulder before continuing. "Axel look, what happen to us was never your fault, you could have never guessed that we would end up in a cartoon show for five year old girls because we took some weapons that were cursed. If it's anyone's fault, it's the guy that sold us these cursed weapons, he must have something to do with these weapons or else why would he have given them to us. Axel, when we find a way back I promise you that we will make him pay for what he did to us." After that, he then began to walk out of the door. However, just before exiting, he turned back to look at me. "Hay Axel, I had planed for you and Luxord to look at the royal sisters old castle for anything we can use, but I think it's better if we wait for a day. Besides I need to talk to Demyx about if he's found a better location for us. So until he gets back you can spend some time here." With that, Saïx left the room, leaving me alone.

Once he left, I began to think about how we got here, over the years its been getting foggier and foggier but I can still remember pieces of it and the names of all my friends. Speaking of friends, I now started to wonder what is keeping Demyx so long.


Demyx's P.O.V, 5 minutes ago

"THIS SUCKS!!!" I yelled out in fear because of the fact that I'm running away from a pack of Timberwolves that are chasing me down this forest now known as the Everfree Forest that was once a valley. Over a thousand years a forest that was once just a few acres of wild trees has grown into a massive forest. The reason that I'm in this place is because the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters is located somewhere in this forest; before I left, Saïx wanted me to do some recon and find a temporary base of operations for us, so I figured that the old castle would be a good place to start... but I didn't think that there would be in a forest with a lot of bloodthirsty dog... tree... things... I still don't know how that's a thing.

Ignoring that, I could see what was lift of the castle in sight, right across a big canyon with only a old rotten bridge that looks like it's about to break if stepped on being the only way across. "Yah screw that." I used the teleporting portal thing to get across to the other side with just enough time to cut the bridge so that the Timberwolves couldn't get to me and proceeded to walk towards the castle.

Once in I could see that the castle is in need of repair, the windows are broken, there are weeds and grass that has grown on the floor, and there are chunks of debris everywhere. It's kind of sad really, a once beautiful castle is now nothing more but a shadow of it's former self, kind of like us. The chances of anyone still here are zero to none, so with a smile, I teleported once again to tell the rest of my friends the good news.


Celestia's P.O.V, 2 days later

Finally, after two days of being in the hospital I was ready to begin explaining just who Axel was. However the Elements, besides Twilight, were not as fast healers as I was. Fluttershy had gotten a broken nose, Rarity had a few broken ribs, somehow Pinkie Pie just had a bump on the head, Applejack had a broken jaw and had to have her mouth wired shut, Rainbow Dash had a bad cut in her back that needed sewing and a few bruises around her body from the fall, and Twilight was lucky enough to not get hurt. Well they may not be in any condition to go find Organization XIII, they were still able to meet me in my throne room.

" Before we begin, I want to apologize for our special day to have ended up as it did, for I have should have taken safety precautions for this in case they were ever somehow become free. The person that came here, Axel, is part of a group that calls themselves Organization XIII. Over one thousand years ago, just thirty eight years before the banishment of Luna, there was a group of people from another universe that had somehow ended up here; they were confused, scared, and wanting to go home, so they asked us if we could help them get home. We agreed and offered them to stay in our old castle, due to feeling sadness and pity for them." I stopped talking so that Luna could speak.

"In the month of their stay, they had grown the ability to control a strange magic unlike any we have seen. But in that same month, their personalities began to change as well; for example, a member that now calls himself Saïx was once a kind and fun person that didn't have a care in the world, had become a cold and... emotionless being." Luna said with sorrow in her voice, knowing the reason why I then began to speak once more.

"During this time, we were trying to find a way for them to go home, however it was fruitless, and they were starting to get scared by the fact that their personalities were changing. One night, all of them went up to me to ask how the process was going, it was then I told them truth, that no matter how hard I tried I couldn't help them." That was a lie, I did find a way but it was far too dangerous. "Because of this, they were enraged because I was their only hope to get them home. Out of rage, they destroyed most of the castle and hurt too many guards and ponies; they figured that if we can't help them, then they would take matters into their own hands. So as a quick and desperate solution to this, Luna and I put a strong but forbidden sleeping spell on all of them that would last 10,000 years, by then I would have found another way." Just when I had cleared my throat to continue, Twilight walked towards me.

"Princess Celestia, I was never the one to question your methods of handling situations, but have you ever thought about the consequences that you could have caused due to such a rash solution?" She has a point, in the time of their slumber I had never truly thought of it, with the banishment of Luna at least she was awake , but with them they were in eternal sleep for 1038 years.

"Well I do agree there are some things that I could have prevented, it doesn't stop the fact that they are a threat to us. So until we fully know what they are capable of, I'm afraid that any human, whether they are part of the Organization or not is or could be a major threat to us." Just when I said that, a human in one of the coats with the hood on had teleported via dark portal that the Organization uses.

"I wouldn't say that ALL humans are part of Organization XIII." The man said loud enough so that every pony can hear, but from his voice I could tell that he wasn't part of them, but this didn't stop a still injured Rainbow Dash from attacking him; luckily, I used a levitation spell to stop her.

I then tuned my attention to the floating Pegasus. "Miss Rainbow Dash, you are in no condition to fight. Besides, I can tell from his voice that he's not a part of them." I then turned my attention to the mysterious stranger. "For the sake of your safety and your life, tell me who you are and what is your name." I said in a demanding tone of voice.

"Before or after?" He simply said.

"Both would be preferable." I said in the same tone of voice, in response he then shook his head slightly and looked back at all of us.

"Well, before all this I was known as Jeremy Buio, but these days..." Before he could continue, he slowly took off the hood to reveal his features. He had pale skin, had shoulder-length silver spiky hair, and blue-green eyes.

"...I go by Riku."

Author's Note:

Extreme special thanks to Blue Spark for giving me the idea to put Riku in the story after thinking that he referenced my story in his and letting me use his character, if you want to know a bit more about Jeremy, go cheek out Blue Sparks' story and make sure you give him a fav!