• Published 12th Feb 2014
  • 17,192 Views, 1,002 Comments

The Princess and the Foals - Autum Breeze



Sunset Shimmer returns to Equestria, but not the Sunset Shimmer we know

  • ...
70
 1,002
 17,192

Chapter 11 - Caught

Chapter 11

Caught

_____________________________________________________________________

Scootaloo was silent under the cushions as she heard steps moving through the house.

She couldn’t be found. If she was, it would all be over and the monster would get her.

She heard it stop, close to where she was hiding.

“Where are those little fillies,” it growled, sniffing the air. “I can smell them and I’m very hungry!”

Scootaloo held back a squeak. It was standing right in front of her. She could just see its shadow through a tiny creak in the cushions.

The cushions were thrown away and she screamed as the creature got her.

_____________________________________________________________________

Sunset gulped.

She’d heard her sister’s scream from the other end of the house.

She shrunk deeper into the clothes she was hiding in. She’d chosen the closet.

Somehow it had not thought to look in here yet, meaning she had picked a good spot.

She stiffened as she heard movement and the sound of hushed voices from outside the closet.

Had she been found out? Had another joined her predator?

The closet door was flung open and her hunter pounced.

_____________________________________________________________________

Sunset screamed with laughter as Twilight blew raspberries into her stomach.

Scootaloo was on the floor next to her, laughing as her sister’s laughter.

“Mmm, num-num-num, tasty filly!” Twilight said, before blowing another raspberry into Sunset’s stomach.

“Otay! You won, Mommy! You won!” Sunset cried out through her laughter, tears streaming down her face.

Twilight and the girls lay down, breathing loud sighs.

Scootaloo chuckled. “Dat was fun, Mama.”

“Can we pway again?” Sunset asked, rolling over onto her mother’s stomach.

Twilight chuckled. “Maybe another time, girls,” she said, slowly getting up and levitating the two foals onto her back. “But, for now, it’s time for bed.”

“Aww, Mama!” Scootaloo whined, pouting.

“Can’t we stay up a widdle wonger?” Sunset asked, her eyes pleading, right before both sister yawned loudly.

Twilight shook her head. “No. We’re going to Canterlot tomorrow to see your grandparents and your aunt and uncle. We all need to be rested and ready.”

“Otay,” they said sleepily, rubbing their eyes with their forehooves.

As Twilight lowered her fillies into their crib they cuddled up next to each other and went to sleep.

Twilight smiled, kissed them both goodnight and went to bed, checking that Spike was already in bed (he’d gone to bed at least two hours ago while they’d been playing), turned out the light and went to sleep

Author's Note:

yeah, this was a short little cute chapter. i wrote it, 1) because of how scary the last chapter was for Scoots and sunset and 2) for the cuteness.

the next chapter will be twilight and her daughters on the way to and then in Canterlot. not sure when it'll be ready, there are several fics i've been putting of reading so i could write the last two chapters, but we'll see.