• Published 12th Feb 2014
  • 17,139 Views, 1,002 Comments

The Princess and the Foals - Autum Breeze



Sunset Shimmer returns to Equestria, but not the Sunset Shimmer we know

  • ...
70
 1,002
 17,139

Chapter 17 - Reconciliation

Chapter 17

Reconciliation

_____________________________________________________________________

Spike and Diamond Tiara were silent as they unpacked her things.

Spike glanced at the Earth Pony as she opened a suitcase that made her tear up a little.

Curious, the baby dragon went close enough to see what was inside without making it obvious he was looking.

The whole thing was full of things for a foal... only bigger.

There were many diapers sized for a filly Diamond’s age and some bottles of foal powder.

Spike felt guilt as he remembered how he’d acted towards Tiara when she’d first arrived and even a little earlier.

Part of him said she was right when he’d heard her telling herself off in the bathroom, telling herself she deserved everything she’d gotten.

But another part of him, the part Twilight had helped raise to be kind towards others, told him she’d been through more than enough.

This was enforced in his mind as he saw the look on her face as she stared down at the offending diapers that marked the rest of her incontinent life.

He sighed. “Tiara?”

A small noise from her was his only response.

He sighed again, scratching behind his next. “Listen... sorry about what I said earlier.”

Tiara slowly looked to him, giving him a sad look that said she wished she could believe him, but didn’t.

Spike lowered his claw and looked firmly at her. “I’m serious, Tiara. If Twilight thinks you’ve been through more than enough, you’ve been through more than enough. Stop tormenting yourself like this.”

Even from what little time they’d been in the room together, thanks to her ealier scolding herself in the bathroom, he knew she was punishing herself, even after the spell had been broken and she’d gotten her Cutie Mark back.

Spike had to stop himself wincing when he realized the cure for the spell was almost as bad, if not worse.

Tiara was silent for a bit, then she looked to the baby dragon, tears in her eyes, “Spike?”

“Yeah?” he asked, bracing himself for whatever might happen next.

“Can I have a hug?”

Spike blinked for a second, the walked over and pulled her into a tight hug.

Diamond Tiara started weeping as she held onto him, her tears wetting him, but he let it pass.

When she’d asked, it had come out as a squeak. He’d been around long enough to know that particular sound in a pony’s voice. It was a sign they were about to breakdown if you didn’t help them.

After a few minutes, they pulled away, Diamond wiping a few stray tears from her eyes, a small smile on her face.

“Thanks. I needed that.”

Spike nodded. “Let’s finish unpacking, huh?”

Ten minutes later, they were done and Spike led Diamond back downstairs into the main room and pulled down a book for Diamond to read.

She thanked him, opened it and sat down on Twilight’s couch and seemed to enjoy the story.

Spike went over to another shelf and took down a Daring Doo book and started reading it.

Just as Daring was about to escape Ahuizotl for the umpteenth time, there was a knock on the door, pulling Spike from his reading.

With a groan, he put the book down, got up and went to answer the door.

He’d been so focused on the story, he didn’t noticed that a certain Earth Pony was still sitting on the couch, engrossed in her own book, unaware that somepony would see her the moment Spike opened the door.

Spike opened the door to find Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Silver Spoon on the other side, the latter of the trio with a book in her saddlebag that they’d borrowed the previous day.

“Let me guess,” Spike said, folding his arms. “Didn’t find anything that could you two get your Cutie Marks, huh?”

Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes. “It’s so frustrating! What we missing? I know we can find our talents, but nothing we do seems to work!”


_____________________________________________________________________



The sound of something thumping to the floor made the three fillies look up over Spike, said dragon turning around, his eyes widening as he remembered a certain somepony he’d forgotten was still in the room.

Diamond Tiara sat on the couch, her hooves still in the position as if she were holding the book now lying on the floor.

Her pupils had shrunk to pinpricks, her lips quivering as the three stared at her, their eyes wide.

“I... I’ll see if Princess Twilight needs any help with the foals,” she stammered and made to run.

In her hast, she stepped on the book she’d dropped and slipped, falling onto her back.

The sound of something clattering on the floor, made Diamond’s heart stop.

Slowly, she looked above her head.

Sitting a few metres away... was her tiara.

Still as slowly as before, she lowered her head and looked down at her waist. Her diaper was clearly visible.

“Um... what... what’s Diamond Tiara doing here?” Sweetie Belle asked, cocking an eyebrow.

“An’... why’s she we’rin’ a diaper?” Apple Bloom asked, looking just as confused.

“Uh...” Spike said, trying to think of something to say, but his mind had suddenly gone blank. Pretty sure this isn’t how Twi or Diamond wanted anypony finding out.

Tiara’s eyes started watering as she stared down at her diapered rear, thinking that, maybe if she stared hard enough, they’d forget it was there, that she was there.

Silver Spoon took a step forward.

Diamond reacted at once. She rolled onto her side and stood up, getting ready to run.

Before she could, however, Silver suddenly lunged at her.

She winced, shutting her eyes as she prepared for the worst.

After a second, she noticed she wasn’t in any kind of physical pain.

What was more, something warm was around her, something the size of a filly.

Not only that, there was a new sound.

She recognized this sound. She’d been making it ever since that day she’d been cornered by those cruel young mares, resulting in her current life.

It was... sobbing?

She opened her eyes and realized Silver Spoon had pulled her into a tight hug, tears streaming down her eyes.

“Diamond,” she sobbed, her voice shaking a little. “Wh-where have you been all this time? I know your dad took you with him... but why’d you go for so long?”

Diamond Tiara was stunned. “You...? You missed me?”

Silver nodded, nodding moving as she held her long time friend since they’d been little.

“But... I treated you so badly,” Diamond still wasn’t quite sure what was happening. “I treated you like dirt after you agreed to be friends with Scootaloo’s friends. How...? How can you possible still like me? I’m horrible. I don;t deserve any kindness.”

Now Diamond was sobbing, though she made no move to hold Silver Spoon, not thinking she had the right to.

“Stop!” Silver pulled away, giving Diamond a firm look that made the pink pony gasp. “Did you learn your lesson?”

Diamond nodded. “Yes, but...”

“Then why should I not want to be your friend again?” Silver interrupted. “If you learned it, then that’s all. We both were acted like foals. Let’s leave it at that and move on. Please?”

Diamond gave a shaky smile. “R-really?” Then her face fell. “But... what about them?” she asked, looking at the two ponies still standing in the doorway, then looked down. “Do...? How can they ever forgive me?”

There was the sound off hooves clopping on wood and Diamond was suddenly in a group hug.

“S’long as yer not the same D’amond Tiara from last tahme, we forgive ya,” Apple Bloom said.

Sweetie Belle nodded. “Yeah. We forgive you.”

Diamond couldn’t respond.

She’d expected all three of them to treat her like the dirt she’d treated all of them. She’d been sure they’d want to make her life miserable. Well, more than it already was.

“Thank you,” she whispered, just enoying the warm embrace of the ponies around her.

After a few minutes, they all pulled away and sat down in a circle.

“Why are you here, Diamond?” Sweetie Belle asked, her confused look from before returning. “Why aren’t you with your dad? Didn’t he come back with you?”

Diamond’s ears drooped and she looked down. “No.”

She then explained what she’d known from what her dad had told her. How somepony heartless pony had almost stolen her dad’s company from under him, how he now had to go from city to city to get control back and how Twilight had agreed to take her in until her dad came back.

Apple Bloom frowned, putting a hoof to her chin. “But... why’re ya’ll we’rin’ a diaper?”

Diamond sighed and explained the events that led to her re-earning her Cutie Mark.

After she finished, Sweetie Belle’s horn glowed with its green aura, the same glow encasing Tiara’s discarded tiara and floated it back to its owner, who put it back on her head.

Instantly, her diaper vanished from sight and they all saw her Cutie Mark.

“So... you’re Cutie Mark is the tiara that helps you hide your diaper?” Silver asked, looking upset for her friend’s situation.

Diamond nodded.

“Well, I’m glad to see you all handled this maturely.”

They all turned to the stairs to see Twilight walking down them, Scootaloo and Sunset riding on her back.

“You really mean it?” Sweetie Belle asked, looking shocked.

Twilight nodded. “You certainly handled it more maturely than two small foals I know.” She turned and gave her daughters a look that made them look away, shame clear on their faces.

“Sowwy, Tiawa,” they said together, their voices filled with same guilt that was apparent on their faces. “We shou’na been so mean.”

Diamond smiled. Maybe things wouldn’t be so bad after all.

Not long after, the three fillies had to leave to head home, but each wished Tiara luck and told her they’d back to their homes, each needing to finish the homework they’d been given by Miss Cheerlie.

Diamond Tiara felt a lot better than she had earlier.

Not only had her only known friend forgiven her for what she did, but she’d gained new friends in Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle.

Diamond was about to return to the book she’d been reading before the CMC had arrived, when she noticed Twilight was putting her foal carrier back on and frowned.

“Um, Your Highness?” she said, cocking an eyebrow. “Are you going somewhere?”

Twilight turned to Diamond and nodded. “We’re all going to the hospital.”

Diamond’s confusion grew.

“Um, I don’t mean to sound like the old me, Your Highness,” she replied , indeed, sounding more like her old, rude self, “but... I don’t need to go to the hospital. There’s nothing I can do about my bladder.”

Twilight shook her head. “That’s not why we’re going, Diamond.”

Diamond cocked her head. “Then why?”

“To visit Scootaloo’s old friends from the orphanage.”

Author's Note:

well, i said dt reconciliation with the cmc would be in this chapter and i kept that.

sadly, i only just realized i forgot to put babs into this with the suggestion from a commenter on the privious chapter. to you, i apologize for that.

as you can guess, next cahpter we will see the state of Scootaloo's friends from the orphanage

i will try to get that chapter out tomorrow.

til then, please read, comment and enjoy