• Published 12th Feb 2014
  • 17,187 Views, 1,002 Comments

The Princess and the Foals - Autum Breeze



Sunset Shimmer returns to Equestria, but not the Sunset Shimmer we know

  • ...
70
 1,002
 17,187

Chapter 7 - Family

Chapter 7

Family
_____________________________________________________________________

Scootaloo slowly opened her eyes. Her vision was a bit blurry, but for some reason, everything looked blue.

“Hey, honey. Did you sleep swell?” she turned to see Twilight smiling at her.

Scootaloo was in a small bed.

They were in a room fit for a mother and daughter in the nursery wing of Ponyville Hospital. She’d been here a few times with her school on a field trip or two.

The room wasn’t anything grand, just the needed amount to be welcoming.

The walls were a light-blue, like Rainbow Dash, the bigger bed had sheets the same colour and a small fold-out crib was next to it, in which lay a sleeping Sunset.

Scootaloo sat up and looked around, confused. “Whewe am I?”

Twilight chuckled. “You’re at the hospital, honey, remember? I brought you for a check-up to make sure nothing had gone wrong when you turned into a foal. You also had some surgery.”

Scootaloo’s eyes widened in horror and her face went pale. “Surerwy? Wat kiwnd o’ surerwy?”

Scootaloo started imagining the worst. Brain injury from the sudden shift in body mass, her wings were damaged in some way and had to be amputated, her stomach had become infected from something in the tea Discord had given her, the list went on and on, moving too fast for her to focus on one thing for more than a second.

Twilight seemed to realise this and quickly picked up the Pegasus and cooed to calm her.

“It’s nothing to worry about, Scootaloo. The doctor noticed your wings and fixed them, that’s all.”

Scootaloo’s fear was replaced with confusion. “Fix dem? How’d ’e fix dem?”

Twilight smiled. “When you get older, you’ll be able to fly. Look at them.”

Scootaloo did as she was told and her eyes widened when she saw her wings. They were the right size a foal her age should have. Before, her wings had only been twice the size of Pound Cake’s wings. Now they were a little bigger than his, meaning they’d only get bigger as she got older.

“I’ll fwy!” she cried happily, hugging Twilight’s chest. “I’ll fwy! I’ll fwy!”

Twilight hugged the filly back, her embrace the warmest thing Scootaloo had ever felt.

As she loosened the embrace, Scootaloo noticed a small band around her right fore-hoof. On it was some writing.


Name: Scootaloo Sparkle.

Age: 1 year, 3 months and 17 days


Scootaloo frowned. She was over a year and three months old? That meant she was older than Sunset. She was a big sister?!

She turned to her little sister sleeping in her fold-out crib.

Wait.

She looked back at her name. Scootaloo Sparkle?

She glanced up at Twilight, cocking her head, holding up her hoof to indicate what she was asking.

Twilight’s smile only became warmer. “While you were asleep, I adopted you. You’re officially my daughter now, Scootaloo.”

Scootaloo felt her heart explode with joy and she hugged her mother tightly, crying, “Mama! Mama! Mama! Mama!”

Twilight hugged her back, making Scootaloo feel like she was safe, like nothing could ever go wrong again.

At that moment there was a stirring from the crib.

They both turned to see Sunset sit up and rubbed her eyes with a hoof. “Wa’s goin’ on?”

Twilight’s horn glowed. Sunset glowed the same and was levitated until she had joined the embrace.

“My little fillies,” Twilight murmured as she hugged the two of them. “Nopony is as lucky as me.”

Scootaloo could only hug her mother as tightly as she possibly could. She had a family again.

Yesterday she’d had nothing, no home or family. Now She had a mother and a little sister!

“Dis is da bes’ day ewer!” Scootaloo shouted and her sister and mother laughed.


Once all the hugging was done, Twilgith put Scootaloo back in her hospital crib and Sunset in her fold-out crib.

“So,” Twilight said, sitting in her chair and looking at Scootaloo. “You wanna know what’s been happening while you’ve been asleep?”

Scootaloo sat in her crib and nodded ferociously.

Now that she knew she’d be flying for real and that she had a real family, she was itching to know the news.

“I’ve told Miss Cherilee about how you won’t be coming to school for a long while,” Twilight began.

“She di’n’ see me, did she?” Scootaloo gasped, her eyes wide. What would her teacher think if she saw her like this?

Twilight chuckled. “Yes. She came by when I told her you were having surgery. Arrived shortly after you’d been brought into this room. She thought you were the cutest.”

Scootaloo felt her face heating up in embarrassment.

“She couldn’t help but D’aww as you sucked you hoof in your sleep,” Twilgith chirped on.

Scootaloo felt her dignity go right out the window. She’d been sucking her hoof in her sleep? Oh, come on! Why not just have her have said “Mama” to Twilight in her sleep, why don’t you?

“She even giggled when you called me “Mama” in your sleep.”

That did it. All Scootaloo’s dignity was gone. Washed away, never to be seen again.

She buried her face in her hooves. How could this possibly get any worse?

“Hey, Squirt.”

Scootaloo’s heart stopped beating. No. Oh, please, Celestia no!

She moved her hooves away from her eyes to see Rainbow Dash walking inot the room, a smile on her face.

She fell backwards and stared at the ceiling.

My life is over. Rainbow’s seen me as a foal. No way will she wanna be sisters with something cute.

“You know, as a foal, you’re pretty cute, Squirt.”

Scootaloo shot up.

Rainbow was standing in front of her, a warm smile on her face. The same kind of smile she’d worn ever Scootaloo had asked her to be her big sister.

“You... You mean it?” the filly asked, not sure if she could believe this or not.

Rainbow ruffled her tiny crop of mane. “You bet ya, kid. Can’t believe Twilight lucked out in getting such a cute foal.”

Scootaloo felt herself blushing again, but from modesty. Even though she didn’t like being seen as cute, Rainbow Dash had technically just complimented her.

At that moment a chorus of hissing sounds started and went for about a minute. When it stopped, Scootaloo had buried her face in her hooves again. She’d just peed herself in front of Rainbow Dash.

“Wanna lend a hoof?” Twilight voice asked and Rainbow’s responded in a slightly anxious tone.

“N-nah. I ain’t touching a diaper. No way!”

_____________________________________________________________________

Once she’d changed the girls, Twilight and Rainbow discussed Scootaloo’s eventual flight training. Since her wings were now going to grow properly, Twilight wanted her little Pegasus to have the best flight instructor when she started flying.

“O’ course,” Dash said, grinning smugly. “Who better to teach her than her big sister?”

“I guess that kinda makes you a Sparkle too,” Twilight joked.

Rainbow went bright red, causing Twilight and the foals to burst out laughing, which only made her face turn a deeper shade of red.

After everypony had simmered down, Rainbow left for her weather duties.

“Mama?” Twilight turned at the sound of her eldest daughter’s inquisitive tone. “How wong am I gonna be hewe?”

Twilight nuzzled Scootaloo, saying, “Only a few days, honey. Then we can go home.”

Scootaloo hugged Twilight’s face and she let her. “Home,” the filly whispered, a deep smile on her face. “I have a home.”

Shortly after Scootaloo fell asleep again and Twilight used her magic to gently pull herself from her filly’s grasp.

She knew Scoots would be sleeping a lot over the next few days. It was a side-effect of the surgery, so her body had enough time to gather the energy so her wings would grow at a normal rate.

She looked to Sunset’s crib and saw she’d gone to sleep too, no doubt just following her big sister’s example.

She smiled and decided she’d take a nap as well.

Getting into the bed provided for her, she snuggled into the blankets, closed her eyes and went to sleep alongside her daughters.

Author's Note:

Here's chapter 7. gonna try and get chapter 8 out too, but might not, so we'll just see.

First off, will be going less into scoots pov for most of this fic. it was mostly done in the last couple chapters or else it wouldn't have made sense.

Also, before anypony asks, NO Rainbow's reaction is not concrete that this will become a twidash. she only reacted that way because she didn't want to change a diaper.

anyhoo, that's all for now. enjoy and comment.