• Published 10th Feb 2014
  • 2,502 Views, 394 Comments

Applejack Through the Ages - Paradise Oasis



The lifetimes an immortal Applejack has led, as we see the ages of the pony world through her eyes.

  • ...
13
 394
 2,502

PreviousChapters Next
Coming to Coltonville

Coming to Coltonville

You went without really saying goodbye? But-but that's so sad! You had to leave your first love like that!

I know that, Sugar Cube, but we both survived the experience. I even heard that later on, Skater and Ivy had the grandest wedding in the history of Manehatten! I was even tempted to go myself, but I didn't want to be recognized. Nope, it was better to have experienced first love like that, than to have never ever loved at all. And even though Skater, Glittery, and all my other Manehatten friends are long gone, they will always be here in my heart.

So where did you go next? Did you go to Baltimare? Or maybe to Tall Tale? Ohhh, it would've been so cool to go to Los Pegasus!

Well, I kind of went back to my wandering through Equestria, working as a migrant farmer and keeping a low profile, until I heard of the rise of a new pony nation far to the south. The old Equestrian colony of Pioneer Point, had grown up into the Ponyland Republic, and there were lots of down on thier luck Equestrians emigrating to this new land of oppournity. Being that it was a nation made up entirely of earth ponies, I thought I might try my luck there.

Ohhh, neat! Did you become a model there, too? You seemed really good at it in Manehatten!

No, my little Apple Blossom, I had already had quite enought of that profession in my life time as Apple Jewel. I decided since I had lived a life like Rarity for my first outing, so I would try my hoof at something like Pinkie Pie would have done- baking, I mean, not parties. So over a century after my time as Apple Jewel, I took the long airship ride from Canterlot to Coltonville in the republic. I used some of the makeup and mane and coat dye tricks Glittery had taught me when I was a model, and set about finding myself a place to begin my third life...

The sun was rising over another morning in Coltonville and everpony was getting ready for a new day. Business ponies were opening up their stores and shops, and the sounds of cars and trucks moving about the streets with mares and stallions on their daily commute. More technologically advanced then their neighbors to the north in Equestria, life ws a little more fast paced here in the republic, And in a small, yellow baker's shop nestled among the downtown district, one Coltonville mare was feeling just that very time crunch.

Inside that very shop, the baker was going about kneading a pile of dough, when she heard the bell above the door to her shop ring. Looking up from her work, she noticed a blue mare with a green and purple mane come trotting into the bakery.

"Oh, hello! Welcome to the Magic Kitchen bakery!" The lavender mare with a pink mane called out, looking up at the new arrival as she trotted into the shop. "I'm Sweet Berry, the proprietor. What can I help you with today?"

"Oh, hello Miss Sweetberry. It‘s really a pleasure to meet you. " The mare with the green apple cutie mark replied, inclining her head politely to the baker. "But I'm actually not here as a customer. My name is Apple Pie, and I'm here to respond to your ad you put in the paper."

"Oh, you're here for the baker's assistant's job, huh?" The baker with the two red berry cutie mark asked, looking the new arrival over. "Do you have any experience with baking?"

"Well, I did quite a lot of baking cakes back in Equestria." The mare replied, looking around at the yellow kitchen with pink curtains. "And I can honestly say I know my way around a kitchen, if I do say so myself."

"Good, you're hired. You're the only half-competent looking pony who's responded to the ad." The mare said off handedly, looking up at the clock at the wall. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a delivery to make to Coltonville high. Honeyberry and Bon Bon can show you around the bakery. Anyway, see you later! Looking forward to working with you!" The mare quickly bolted out the door, leaving the bewildered mare before she could even say a word.

"That's great!, but..." Apple pie thought to herself, confused. ... who the hay is she talking about?"

It was at that point, that two fillies came tearing down the stairs above, galloping at top speed.

"Darn it Honeyberry, get back here!" The yellow teenage mare yelled, chasing the smaller pony. "We need that flour for the cake mix!"

"Not until ya can catch me!" The little pink mare with the smiley face cutie mark yelled back, running away from the other filly. " Nya nya!"

The two mares were running so fast, they plowed right into the surprise Apple Pie. The poor mare was sent flying, knocked straight back into the kitchen, and crashing into some pots and pans.

"AIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEE!" CRASH!

"Omygosh! Are you ok?" The yellow teen with the wrapped bonbon cutie mark said in shock, standing over the groggy mare lying on the floor. "Ohhh, Honeyberry, wait until your mother hears about this!"

" Me? This is all your fault, Bon Bon! Your days as my momma's apprentice are done!" The little filly with the pink mane looked down at the dizzy mare. "You ok, lady? You really don't look so well..."

And as she lay there trying to pull her wits together, Apple Pie realized that this lifetime was going to be quite an incredible adventure indeed.

And ohhh boy, I had no idea what kind of adventures were ahead of me, sugar cube. My time in Coltonville would turn out to be just as exciting as my time in Manehatten.

Huh? did you get another boyfriend there?

No, my little Sugarcube... but I did find what it's like to have a family again there...

PreviousChapters Next