• Published 10th Feb 2014
  • 2,497 Views, 394 Comments

Applejack Through the Ages - Paradise Oasis



The lifetimes an immortal Applejack has led, as we see the ages of the pony world through her eyes.

  • ...
13
 394
 2,497

PreviousChapters Next
Confrontation

Confrontation

And here, my dear apple blossom, is where everything once again fell apart. I really should have seen the trouble coming, but I was too wrapped up in the moment to see the problem I had crafted with my own two hooves was about to explode in my face...

"Wow, so you're telling me Princess Celestia... and Sombra before he turned evil... were actually... lovers!?" Sunglory said in disbelief. "That-that's incredible! Are you sure you're not just pulling my hoof?"

"I swear it's true!" Apple Pie replied, with a grin on her face. "We had all heard that little yarn in Ponyville when we were foals!"

"APPLE PIE!!"

The two mares were sitting in the old castle's banqueting hall, trading what might have been tall tales back and forth, when the great wooden doors to the hall burst open. Before Apple Pie could even react, an angry teenage filly had galloped right up to her, and was staring the old mare right in the face.

"Honeyberry!?" Apple Pie asked in confusion and shock. "What in the world?!?"

"How could you not tell me you ran my mother's bakery into the ground and not tell me!" The angry young filly demanded, stamping her hoof. "How DARE you hide it from me, and pretend nothing was wrong!"

Apple Pie looked back, and saw the form of Logan standing beside the princess, and she suddenly realized how her little charge had found out the truth.

"N-now Honeyberry, I was only trying to do what was best for you!" Apple Pie replied, getting defensive. "You're mother had died, I was trying to make ends meet, and I-"

"You what, did what was best for me by lying to me!?" The young spitfire howled at the older mare angrily. "That's how you've taken care of me, by lying!?! By selling off what little I had left of my mom's!?"

"Now you listen here, little missy!" Apple Pie snapped back, finally losing her temper. "I did what I had to to make sure you had a roof over your head, and made a lot of choices I didn't want to have to make! I've been alive a lot longer than you have, and if you think-!"

"I don't want to here any more of you're lies! That's all everything you've ever told me has been, a lie!" Honeyberry cried, turning away from the older mayor in tears. "I just want you out of my life, and I never wanna see your face again!"

"Now Honeyberry, wait..." Apple Pie replied, trotting up to the angry teenager. "Listen to your mother-"

And at that moment, the younger pony back-kicked the older mare, and she was airborne. Apple was sent flying back into one of the banquet tables on the far side of the room, breaking it in half and covering herself in the dishes and utensils that had been covering it. The blue pony simply sat there in silence, more shocked by what had happened that actually hurt.

"I will provide the means for which you may return to Coltonville with Logan, under our royal protection." Princess Rosy immediately replied, glaring back at the blue marveling on the broken table. "And I assure you no further interference from this troublemaking mare, as she was be our unwilling guest here on the island for some time."

And as the four of them trotted out of the room, the pony who was once again Applejack could only shed tears over the life pulled out from under her once again....

.....

"Honeyberry went back to the republic with Logan, and Mr. Meadowsweet adopted her." The old orange mare sighed, looking away from the daughter who sat on her lap. "I never did see my precious little baby again, but I heard they let her take over her mother's bakery again when she grew up, and she eventually married Logan and raised a family of her own." Applejack closed her eyes. "I just wish I would have been able to make up with her before she grew old and passed, and let her know how sorry I was for my mistakes."

"B-but that's so sad!" The little filly in her lap had tears welling up in her eyes, and was trying to keep from crying. "How could things have gotten so awful for both of you?"

"Motherhood doesn't come with an instruction manual, my little apple blossom." Her mother replied, sitting back in her rocker, and stroking the little filly in her lap's mane with her hoof. "Sometimes, a parent makes mistakes we are never able to make up for. All we can do is do what we think is right, and hope for the best."

They sat there like that for a few minutes, mother and daughter, as the rain slowly began to fall outside the window into the castle courtyard. Finally, Applejack opened her eyes, and looked out the window at the darkened sky.

"Come now, little one. That's enough of my story for right now." The orange mare replied, looking down at her little daughter with a smile. "Now, why don't we go to the Satin Slipper for some ice cream? I'm sure Fizzy has a chocolate milkshake with your name on it!"

Wiping the tears out of her eyes, the little filly nodded, and followed her mother out the door. As they passed the trophy shelf, Baby Applejack couldn't help but notice a faded photograph of her mother with another little filly, smiling over a cake they had baked together.

"Now, when we get back, I'll tell you about my time I was a saloon and dancing mare, in the rough and tumble Equestrian old west..."

PreviousChapters Next