• Published 10th Feb 2014
  • 2,506 Views, 394 Comments

Applejack Through the Ages - Paradise Oasis



The lifetimes an immortal Applejack has led, as we see the ages of the pony world through her eyes.

  • ...
13
 394
 2,506

PreviousChapters Next
The Rescue... wait a minute....!

"Gem-hime, I am sorry to inform you of these unfortunate events." Floater reported grimly, bowing low before her superior's throne. "But this humble mare must put before you the conclusion that my brother and the lady Sugar Apple have been taken by Tirek's forces."

It had been several weeks since that dark night when the five ponies had been taken, and Hoofkaido had finally gotten their defenses back up to par in order to spare time to look for the missing ponies. When extensive and through searches had failed to turn up any sign of the missing ponies, the Hoofkaidians had realized the dark lord had taken them. The disappearance had galvanized the Hoofkaidian forces into action.

"We shall not rest until those Tirac has taken from us are recovered, and the price for the dishonor of their abduction is repaid in full."

"Do as you will, honorable Floater." The princess declared, motioning towards the samurai with her hoof. "And know that you will have all the support from the shogunate that you shall require in order to bring our loyal subjects home."

"As you will, my princess." The Pegasus samurai bowed politely, before flapping out of the room with a grim look her face. Watching the other mare leave, a unicorn hoofmaiden to the princess spoke up;

"Most honorable Gem-hime, I do not mean to be nosy, but the honorable Floater seems like such a grim pony." The hoofmaiden noted, looking after the departed samurai. "It seems so odd that a mare from the house of Pinkie Pie, a clan known for it's laughter and humor, could be in such foul spirits all of the time."

"Floater has her reasons, my loyal servant, for why her demeanor is so melancholy." The princess replied sadly, remembering the upbringing of her old friends at court. "For generations, the house of Pie has tried to eliminate the humor and laughter that runs so pervasively in her lineage. Ever since they first moved to Hoofkaido, these ponies worked hard to fit in with our more serious and somber way of life. While they were growing up, Floater and her brother were chastised every time that acted out of turn."

"Every joke she tired to make silenced? Every prank she tired to play squelched?" The hoofmaiden asked in horror. "No wonder she is unhappy all of the time!"

"Floater always wanted to be a party planner or a comedian when she grew up, but her mother wouldn't have it." Princess Gem recalled sadly. "She and her brother were put into Samurai training at a very early age, and while her sibling took to the discipline and swordplay as if it were second nature, Floater was miserable as she was forced to be a pony she never wished to be." The princess stepped down from her throne. "But she has been a loyal vassal to the crown, serving faithfully as my retainer, despite her unhappiness in doing so."

"Indeed, my royal mistress! Noble ponies such as Floater, who ignore their own cutie mark and happiness for a greater cause, they are the ones truly of praise." The hoofmaiden replied admiringly. "For there is no greater honor earned than the mare who sacrifices her special talent for the greater good."

....

Dark clouds gathered over midnight castle, as the armies of hoofkaido converged upon the dark lord Tirac's stronghold. Row upon row of elite Samurai Pegasus approached the ominous fortress, with the mare Floater at the formidable force's head. Within the structure, Tirac's elite force of dragons stirred, coming forth to do battle with the intruders. Led by the large orange and red dragons that commanded the reptilian hordes, endless waves of stratadons came swarmed the skies menacingly as the army of fierce pony warriors approached.

"For the glory of Hoofkaido, my brothers and sisters!" Floater called out, as the samurai Pegasus formed rank behind her. "Let us free our friends and loved ones, and drive these abominable creatures into the sea!"

"For the glory of dragonkind!" The large orange female called out, leading the stratadons in a v-formation with her claws unsheathed. "Let us give these pathetic ponies a fiery death!"

The two armies lunged forward, dragons charging their fire breath, as the pony warriors raised the katanas in their mouths...

"ENOUGH!" Baby Applejack called out, stamping her hoof, and finally stopping her mother mid-sentence. "STOP! I-I can't take this anymore!"

"What's wrong, apple blossom?" A stunned Applejack asked, drawn out of the tale she had been trying to weave. "I thought you want to hear-"

"Earlier you told me that it had been a couple of months you had been a dragon, and then you said it had been a few weeks. And that wasn't the only time you changed what you said!" Tears began to fill up the little filly's eyes. "What's wrong mom, can't figure out which lie to tell me? Cherries Jubilee was right, you just made all that junk up to try and impress me!"

"Now listen here, you little whippersnapper!" Applejack snapped jumping up and out of her rocking chair. "I've told you everything that's happened to me over the past thousand years! Do you really think I'd lie to my own flesh and blood?!"

"Shut up, just... SHUT UP!" The little filly screamed in her mother's face. "You're nothing but a dumb old apple picker! And now I'm gonna be humiliated in front of Miss Cheerilee and the whole class! I hate you, mom! I hate you and all of your stupid lies!"

"Apple blossom, wait! I didn't-!" But the little filly was already out the door, and down the hallway by the time her mother got there. As the little filly galloped down the hallway sobbing, a smiling pink mare with a cherry cutie mark watched her go, quietly singing a small tune under her breath that Applejack knew very well, and hated;

Who's a silly pony,
You're a silly pony,
Who is, you is, Applejack,
Bumping into gates,
And knocking over fences,
Who is, You is, Applejack.
All day long you trot around,
looking at the apples on the trees,
Dreaming all your pony dreams,
licking lips so greedily.


Who's a silly pony,
You're a silly pony,
Who is, you is, Applejack,
Bumping into gates,
And knocking over fences,
Who is, you is Applejack,
Who's a silly pony,
You're a silly pony,
Who is, you is, Applejack,
Bumping into gates,
And knocking over fences,
Who is, you is Applejack.

PreviousChapters Next