• Published 10th Feb 2014
  • 2,499 Views, 394 Comments

Applejack Through the Ages - Paradise Oasis



The lifetimes an immortal Applejack has led, as we see the ages of the pony world through her eyes.

  • ...
13
 394
 2,499

PreviousChapters Next
Invasion Frustration

Invasion Frustration

It was a quiet day in Fillydelphia, the ponies going about their business to and fro. Stallion read through their newspapers as they road the train on their daily commute, while mares attended their business meetings, showing power point presentations for their co-workers. Everpony was going about the very important modern pony business of making money, with no time for things like friends or fun. It was into this world of very serious industry and profit-making, that Grogar the cruel descended.

"Troggles, attaaaaack!"

The goblins hordes poured into the city like a swarm of locusts- pillaging, looting, and burning everything in their path. Presiding over the whole macabre scene, was the tall and dark figure of a tyrannical goat, standing on top of a nearby skyscraper as his followers destroyed the landscape. As he snarled at the scorched landscape beneath him, a quivering donkey crawled up behind him, whimpering.

"Master? Is everything okay, master?" Bray, Grogar's pathetic little underling, whimpered. "The troggles were wondering if you wanted to come down and help butcher some of the prisoners."

"I'm depressed, Bray... very, very depressed." The large horned goat replied with a dissatisfied sigh. "My return to Equestria wasn't supposed to be like this."

"Depressed, master?" The servile donkey asked in shock. "You not happy with our attack on the city?"

"It's not just the city, you sniveling equine!" The towering goat snapped, turning and growling at Bray. "I spent five hundred years in that hellish dimensional prison, patently awaiting the day when I could return and destroy the land of pony friendship! Instead, I am left to slaughter descendants of the ponies I hated- these cowering, greedy whelps who only care about themselves, and barely put up a fight! It feels like such a... hollow victory." Grogar replied, his voice almost sounding almost disappointed. "There is no satisfaction in slaying ponies as wicked as I am!"

It was indeed unsatisfying for the tyrant- once, he had been on the verge on conquering all of Equestria with the power he had obtained. Until the day those infernal harmony bearers and their mates sent his city of Tambelon into the dark dimension, trapping him and his armies for centuries. He swore when he returned that the Royal princesses and whatever ponies inhabited Ponyland would suffer dearly for his defeat. But the world he found upon his return had been so very different from the world he had left behind. Princess Celestia was long dead, and the Equestria that the Harmony bearers had so loved had faded away in the ages he had been gone.

There was nothing but a hollow revenge for him... and it made the heartless goat feel even more empty inside.

"Awwww. master sad because there no harmony bearers or Celestia to slay!" Bray snorted, trying to cheer his boss up. "Don't worry master, Luna still there to kill! Oh, and changeling spy told me Applejack pony is still alive! Maybe we hunt her down and kill orange pony, too?"

"What!? Applejack lives!? But how-" The old goat's eyes went wide in shock. But then he remembered the day the harmony bearers had banished him... and a dark smile suddenly spread across his face. "Of course! Do you remember, Bray? She was caught in the phase field when Tambleon was pulled out of this dimension! She must have been partly pulled out of phase with this world along with the rest of us!"

"Crusty old mare probably hasn't aged a day since we disappeared from Equestria, huh master?" Bray giggled fiendishly. "We send out troggle platoon to find her, master?"

"No, I have got a better idea with what to do with that belligerent mare." The goat motioned for a pony slave to come over, and take down a message he was about about to dictate. "I want you to send word to the jewel wizard of the purple mountains- tell that cantankerous old gnome I have a new mare for him to work in his jewel mines. Applejack can suffer down there in the cave of jewels, until she goes blind like the other pony slaves!"

"Ohhhhh, very good, master! Me tell jewel wizard!" Bray replied gleefully, prancing around. "What about the rest of Equestria? Princess Luna has many advanced modern weapons that could hurt us!"

"That will not be a problem, whelp!" The fiend snapped angrily, losing his patience. "My ally Tirek has informed me that Tambelon's return has permeated the entire planet with a powerful surge of magical energy- magic so powerful that it has left most advanced technological devices without the ability to function. The playing field has been leveled, and thanks to an unintended side effect, these ponies and every other race on this miserable will be trapped forever in a medieval society, ripe for the taking!"

"Ohhhh, that very good, Master!" The sniveling donkey agreed. "All of Equestria defenseless before us!"

"I want this city burned to the ground, Bray ... tell the troggles to leave no stone standing on another." Grogar bellowed, as he turned to the cowering slave. "I'm going to send a message to the rest of our allies throughout Equestria, the changelings and diamond dogs and lava demons, and tell them to destroy every written record, every book and scroll and text and tome!" He looked down at the trembling mare who was writing his words. "I want no written record left that any such place as Equestria even existed! When we are done here and the ponies have to rebuild their civilization, it won't be the hated Equestria that rises from the ashes!"

"Ohhh, very good master!" Bray grinned from ear to ear. "What we do next?"

"Next, we finish up our destruction here, and then we march on the capital!" The old goat snarled, walking towards the other side of the building to beginning his descent. "At least I will enjoy the smug satisfaction of ending the life of the Princess of the night!"

PreviousChapters Next