• Published 10th Feb 2014
  • 2,501 Views, 394 Comments

Applejack Through the Ages - Paradise Oasis



The lifetimes an immortal Applejack has led, as we see the ages of the pony world through her eyes.

  • ...
13
 394
 2,501

PreviousChapters Next
Pony questions, Alicorn Answers

Pony questions, Alicorn Answers

“Why hello, my good princesses.” Apple Jewel said nervously, bowing two the two alicorns. “It is both a pleasure and an honor to meet two such esteemed personages such as yourselves.”

“No offense, Fair Applejack, but please cease with this insulting charade!” Luna snorted indignantly, looking down at the nervous mare with scorn. “Mine sister and I doth both surmise who thou actually art. Thine false deception doth stand before us, revealed for all to see!”

The three ponies had gone back into a storage room to talk, and it didn't take long for the former apple bucker realized the jig was up. With a sigh, she guiltily raised her eyes to look at the two alicorn princesses.

"All right, your highnesses...yes, it's me." She admitted, bowing to them both. "I'm sorry that I tried to deceive the two of you."

"I will admit, my dear Applejack," Celestia replied, in the quiet yet humorous manner that AJ remembered. "it was a very creative and convincing disguise."

"But my fair Applejack," The Lunar Princess asked in shock, upon hearing the words coming out of the earth pony's mouth. "What hath happened to thine accent most rustic?"

"Oh, my voice? Well, I had to adjust to living in a sophisticated city like Manehatten, and-" The mare stopped, looking back at the two flowing maned princesses wide-eyed. "Wait, aren't you surprised to see me here alive? I mean, it's been over a hundred years since the last time I saw either of you!"

"Didst thou not think we were aware of thine survival?" Luna asked indignantly. "Hast thou forgotten who doth watch over thine dreams each night? Didst thou not think we wouldst notice thee not?"

"Besides, we have other connections throughout the kingdom." The white alicorn added, finishing her sister's thought. "We were more concerned about how you've been doing since the old days."

"But... if you knew where I was, why didn't you come after me?" A bewildered AJ inquired. "Why didn't you try to find me, or take me back to Canterlot?"

"We did believe it best to lettest thou live thy own life, free from our eternal influence." Luna replied knowingly. "It was best to let thine find thine own happiness, in a world that can be so unkind to our little ponies."

"But we were concerned about why you ran away from the event where your very special somepony needed you the most." Celestia added, flexing her graceful wings. "Wasn't Skater always there for you, when you needed his support the most?"

Applejack tried to speak, tried to justify her actions, but the words stuck in her throat. Closing her eyes tightly the little orange earth mare began to sob.

"I-I didn’t mean to hurt him... I did care about him, Celestia, I really did!" The mare fell to her knees. "I just got so caught up in the excitement of my life, a-and I was scared if you found me, it'd all be taken away!"

The mare continued to sob, her tears running down her face, and casing her eye liner and makeup to run. trotting over to her former student's friend, Celestia put a comforting wing around the distraught earth pony.

"Shhh, it's going to be all right, Applejack." The rainbow-maned alicorn said soothingly, holding the mare tightly. "It's going to be all right."

"Ah-ah miss em' so much, princess! Mah friends and family!" The mare wailed sadly, falling back into her old speech pattern. "Ah-ah wish ah haid never stumbled inta thait stupid force field in Tambelon!"

"I know, my child, I know. There is a reason that the gift of mortality is given to the majority of ponykind." Princess Celestia replied, her voice hinting at a personal pain deep within the alicorn that related to this very subject. "The path of the alicorn is not for all ponies... as my faithful student learned, when she used her magic to give up her own eternal youth."

The mare looked up at her princess hopefully. "Does thait mean... could-could y'all make me normal agahin?"

"Would that we could, fair Applejack. But the energies within thou doth resist even our power." Princess Luna shook her head. "It seems a power even beyond we alicorns hath a greater purpose for thee."

So they weren't mad at you for hiding and trying to avoid them?

That right, they were just worried about how I was doing, that's all. The Princesses were wonderful rulers, Sugar Cube, I really wish you had had the chance to get to know them.

Wow! So What's you do next?

Next, they made me realize that it was time to go..."

From a distance, the three mares watched Skater sign autographs and meet and greet his fans. Celestia's spell had made it so that the ponies present could not see the three of them, a fact for which AJ was glad.

"He has a wonderful future ahead of him, Applejack." Celestia assured the mare beside her. "His career will take him places, and he will have a wonderful life and family."

"Yes, I just wish it could've been with me." AJ sighed, as Ivy, the mare who had been a business partner to AJ and Glittery, trotted up and started to talk to the stallion. "And Ahm really, really going to miss him."

"Alas, my fair Applejack, I doth believe your condition hath left you unable to start a family of your own. A price of thine own personal type of immortality, I fear." Princess Luna sighed. "Hast thou made all the arrangement for thine departure?"

"Yeah, my bags are packed, and all my job responsibilities are terminated." AJ sighed, looking at the packed suitcases down by her hooves, and ignoring the painful implications of what the princess of the night had just told her. "I'm ready to move on, and go where ever the winds may take me."

"Are you sure you don't want to return and live at the castle with us, my little pony?" Celestia asked. "You'd be forever amongst friends."

"Thank you, your highness, I really appreciate it." AJ shook her head, "But like you said, I'm a pony who needs to find her own path in the world."

And as the mare saw Ivy nuzzle up to Skater, a single tear rolled down the old mare’s cheek. And then the three ageless ponies vanished in a flash of light, the orange earth mare putting yet another chapter of her long life behind her, forever.

PreviousChapters Next