• Published 10th Feb 2014
  • 2,499 Views, 394 Comments

Applejack Through the Ages - Paradise Oasis



The lifetimes an immortal Applejack has led, as we see the ages of the pony world through her eyes.

  • ...
13
 394
 2,499

PreviousChapters Next
Spin The Bottle

Spin the Bottle

"A… boy." The dumbfounded mare muttered to herself, watching all the other ponies laugh, joke, and play. "How could she be a boy?"

Applejack just couldn't believe it; all her careful planning, all that desire to somehow recreate the friendships and experience she's had in old Ponyville… oh, she had come around to swallow all of the differences between these ponies and their ancestors. But THIS?! This was a difference she hadn't counted on, and it was a difference that affected the nature their friendship in many, many ways.

"Hey AJ, don't you want to come over and talk to Twilight?" Rarity asked, hoping over to the uncertain mare happily. "You're the one who wanted to invite him, after all!"

Registering the little filly's words, the red mare realized that Rarity was right. It wasn't this Twilight's fault that he wasn't Twilight Sparkle, and it wasn't fair for her to hold that against him. She was just going to have to accept this Twilight for who he was, and make friends with him on those terms! With a sigh, she trotted over to talk to the newest arrival.

"Sooo, Twilight… Rarity tells me you're from Unicornia!" The red picnic mare noted, trying to strike up a conversation. "I thought all earth ponies around here came from Ponyville."

"Yeah, I know it's kind of weird, but that's the way I was born." The stallion replied sadly, this obviously being a sore subject with him. "My mom Cheerilee, didn't even know what kind of pony I was when I was born."

"We hadn't met the unicorns yet by that point, darling." Rainbow Dash explained. "Heck, we didn't even know Pegasus existed, for that matter!"

"Anyway, what exactly do you do, Twi?" Applejack asked quickly, trying to change the subject. "What's your special talent?"

"Oh, I take care of the lights and lamps in Unicornia, keeping the town lit up at night." The stallion gave a soft chuckle. "If it weren't for me, the unicorns would be left totally in the dark!"

Rarity and Pinkie Pie both laughed at the obviously unfunny joke, but the rest of the mares simply rolled their eyes. It was then that Rarity began leaping around excitedly, obviously bored from all the talking.

"Aww, come on, we came here to have fun!" The energetic little unicorn squeaked. "C'mon, let's play a game!"

"Yeah, great idea!" Fluttershy agreed "That sounds like it'd totally be a lot of fun!"

And so, the ponies jumped right back into playing slumber party games. Pin the tail on the pony turned out to be a lot of fun, although it did hurt a bit when the blindfolded Twilight stuck the tail right into Rainbow Dash's flank.

"YEWOUCH!" The mare cried out, rubbing her backside with her hoof. "Now that really hurt, darling!"

Hide and go seek went well, though Rarity kept winning, until AJ declared that unicorn magic couldn't be used in hiding.

"Awww, but that's what makes me so good at it!" The little unicorn pouted.

The little ponies and many friendly games together, but it was very close to midnight when Rainbow Dash suggested they play a very different sort of game...

"I say darling, since we have a stallion here, what would you all say to a rather smashing game of 'spin the bottle'?" The rainbow-maned pony smiled mischievously, staring over at the lone male. "One round, of course... Twilight spins the bottle, of course."

"WHAT?!" Applejack sputtered out, her eyes going wide. "Are you all out of your minds?!"

"Putting me on the spot 'cause I pinned you in the flank, huh?" The stallion groaned. "I really, really don't wanna do this!"

"Aw, com' on!" Fluttershy pleaded, pushing out her bottom lip. "Pleeease?"

"Yes, Twilight!" Rainbow Dash grinned. "It'll be a whole lot of fun, darling!"

"O-ooh boy..." Pinkie Pie mumbled nervously, her face turning a shade of red. "I-I'm really not so sure about this..."

"Oh, all right." The stallion mumbled in defeat, as they all sat in a circle. AJ retrieved an empty bottle, and placed it on the floor. Twilight Twinkle spun the small glass container, sending it around and around, until it finally stopped spinning. The bottleneck ended up pointing at Pinkie Pie, who's eyes suddenly went as wide as dinner plates.

"Oh no, wait!" The mare pleaded. as the other ponies pushed the two of them together. "I really don't think we should-"

"Bottle landed on you, Pinkie Pie!" Rarity said with a giggle, her horn lighting up. "Pucker up, you two!"

The little unicorn shoved them together with her telekeniesis, and this lips met. Every mare at the slumber party except AJ let out a whoop and cheer as the two ponies kissed, and both suddenly pulled back with embarrassed looks on their faces.

"I...uh... eee..." Pinkie stumbled out, too embarrassed to form words. "Waguahhhh!" The pink earth mare quickly took off up the steps, disappearing into Applejack's upstairs rooms.

"Welp, that's another one for the scrap books!" Fluttershy said triumphantly, holding her camera after having just taken a shot of the kissing couple.

"Oh dear, darling... I think we forgot about Pinkie Pie's crush on Twilight!" Rainbow Dash muttered, suddenly repentant for her dirty trick. "I'd better go up, and make sure she's all right!"

"Wait... what?!" AJ sputtered out, her eye twitching at this latest revelation. "Pinkie has a crush on Twilight Twinkle!?"

The red mare thought of her old friends... then she thought of the concept of a pony named Twilight, having a crush on a pony named Pinkie Pie.

Then she promptly ran into the bathroom, and threw up all those undercooked smores they had eaten earlier.

"Applejack?" Rarity asked, trotting towards the bathroom in concern. "Applejack, are you okay?"

It was at this time then, that a strange bunch of flashing light appeared outside the windows, and an odd humming noise was heard. The lights suddenly shot off into the sky, and an oddly-dressed Minty suddenly came bursting through the front door.

"Minty, is that you?!" Twilight Twinkle asked in disbelief, staring at the goofy earth mare. "W-what are you doing here? More importantly, why the flank are you wearing a fluffy feather headdress, and a golden metal bikini?!"

"Wow, Twilight! You wouldn't believe where I've been!" The green mare exclaimed excitedly. "These weirdo alien ponies took me to the planet Bongo, that was ruled by an evil pony called Mane the Merciless! He was gonna enslave me, but then this gorgeous Pegasus stallion named Flash Sentry rescued me- he said he was from our planet hundreds of years ago, and he hasn't aged cause they abducted him and took him out into space- anyway, Flash and I teamed up, and we overthrew Mane the Merciless and his evil armies! Then Flash asked me to marry him, but I told him I had to come back for my sock collection. So they dropped me off here again, and said they'd be back for me in another ten years! Isn't that great? I'm marrying a ponynaut hero!"

"Ohhhh, Minty, Minty Minty!" Fluttershy scolded the other mare, shaking her head. "Sometimes your wild stories are really out of this world!"

PreviousChapters Next