• Published 25th Dec 2013
  • 7,121 Views, 114 Comments

The Royal Crystal Family - Night--Mist



Twilight and Spike get to take a little trip to the Crystal Empire.

  • ...
17
 114
 7,121

Time for a Crystal Vacation

Twilight was packing up her things after receiving a letter from her BBBFF and Cadence. She had sent word to them about the incident with Rainbow and Lightning and the one with Fluttershy. Both were cases that were causing her a headache so Cadence told her it might be a good idea to take a break from her studies and the worry she was presenting. In all honesty, Twilight felt worn out after trying to find whatever she might have missed on trying to get them back to normal, so a vacation to see her royal relatives sounded nice and seemed to be a great opportunity to catch up on old times. Plus she could show them how cute Spike was now, being now he was a unicorn foal after his incident with a potion or two. At this point he was asleep in a carrier she had bought for him, but now the funny thing was he was calling her sister instead of mama like he did the day before.

After going over her check list for a fourth time to make sure she had packed everything and that she had already sent Owluicious to stay with Kind Heart, she made her way out the door with her luggage being towed by her magic. Thankfully Cadence had already payed for a train ticket to the Crystal Empire for her and sent it to her via magic. She locked the door to the library and left a note hanging on the door that she was to be gone for a while and that the library would be closed until further notice. She already let Mayor Mare know she was on her way out of town and said to have somepony manage the library in case she was gone longer then she had planned. Now all that was left was getting to the train station. Everypony she passed on the way there cooed at the site of Spike sleeping. "*snore* Check, check, check, check, check, check, check. *snore.*" Spike said as he talked in his sleep swining his little hoof.

Twilight giggled. At least some of his personality was still there, but she didn't know how much longer, for he believed he had always been pony and that she is his sister. Thankfully, she didn't need to send letters via fire anymore with the new teleportation spell she could use to transport them and not herself, but that was beside the point. The only pony she didn't see out and about at this time was Rarity. She knew Pinkie would be busy with the sweets shop today, and Applejack with the apple farm, but Rarity was usually on her way to the spa around this time. She guess she must have trotted over there early, so she thought nothing of it. Once she was at the train station, she was met by an unexpected site.

"Well howdy there Twilight, fancy bumpin into you here. Where ya headin with tiny Spike?" Applejack asked.

"Oh, my brother and Princess Cadence asked me to come visit so they could see baby Spike and have me relax my brain a little. I don't see why I need to, but all the same it will be nice to see them. How about you? I thought you would be back at the farm right now, what's going on?" Twilight asked.

"Well who'd a thunk it, Princess Luna asked me to meet her in the Crystal Empire as well, said that she found something inportant and asked me of all ponies to come take a look," Applejack said.

"That's odd, Princess Luna usually never asks anypony to help her with something," Twilight said.

"All aboard last call for the Crystal Empire," the conductor said.

"Oh, we better get on," Twilight said, pulling her's and Applejack's luggage toward the train.

"Tickets please your highness," the conductor requested.

Twilight hoofs him her tickets. "Thank you your majesty," the conductor said before bowing in respect.

She got on board and Applejack joined her soon after. Once they found a good spot to settle in, they began chatting after Spike wakes from his nap as the Luna's newly developed Friendship Express speed train took off. "Well, I don't know why Luna would be so eager to send for you. Maybe it's something important to you in particular. Anyways, getting on the subject of apples, I thought that the 'Apple Tree of Youth' was nothing more than a myth. Look's like Fluttershy proved me cutely wrong this time," Twilight said as she kept Spike between her forlegs and nuzzled him.

"Yeah, it's crazy how Spike, Dash, Dusty, and Fluttershy all turned into foals. What's next, Pinkie Pie endin up in Mrs. Cakes tummy as a foal?" Applejack asked.

The two mares have a laugh, leaving Spike to tilt his head barely understanding the conversation as it was with his foal mind taking over. "I think that's highly unlikely to happen, but then again, anything is possible when it comes to Pinkie Pie. I just hope if it happens, she won't remember anything, matter a fact, if that happened to any of us, I hope our foal minds would not let us remember any of it," Twilight said.

"I agree. Ya think the Crystal Empire might have something, or at least some information to help our foalified friends out?" Applejack asked.

"I don't know, they have a larger library then the one in Ponyville so, it's possible, but I think I'll hold off on that thought for a while. My brother wouldn't let me near that place until I was done with vacation time anyways. How about you, how long are you staying?" Twilight asked.

"I'm just gonna go there, do what's needed of me for however long is and then head back. I got so much to take care of back at Sweet Apple Acres with the 'Feast of Friends' comin up this summer," Applejack replied.

"I see. You and Big Mac really got your work cut out for you. I'll help you however I can when I am done in the empire. Hey just to ask, did you recommend Granny to eat one of the apples off that Apple Tree of Youth at all?" Twilight asked.

"No actually, though I think she'll be a might stubborn. Besides, I don't know if I can handle Granny bein younger then me after what happened ta Flutters," Applejack said.

"You do realize Kind Heart was affected too and she's not a foal," Twilight said.

"Get out. Ol Brave Heart was affected too?" Applejack asked in disbelief.

Twilight nodded. "I thought it was just a family trait of keeping a young look," Applejack said.

"Well, they do have that trait, but my age scan spell shows she is only twenty three now, and it never misses an age," Twilight said.

"Well, I could try and convince Granny to eat one and take a few years off her body to be younger again. It'll keep her from payin ol pony death a visit," Applejack said.

"Crystal Empire Station three miles," called the conductor.

"Well, just let her know, when you get back," Twilight said.

"Yeah, lets do what we need ta and worry later," Applejack said.

Twilight nodded and soon the two mares got off the train with Spike in his foal carrier and the luggage being dragged by the guards. "A carriage is awaiting the two, er three of you to take you to the palace your highness. Princess Cadence's orders," Said a crystal guard.

"Thank you very much," Twilight said.

"Guess being royal or a friend of a royal has it's perks," Applejack said.

"Indeed," Twilight said.

As they exited the station, the light reflecting off the palace was too much for Spike's new baby pony eyes and Twilight covered him with her wing to provide shade. Soon, all the luggage was on the carriage and the crystal guards pull it towards the city to the palace. Upon arrival, Twilight and Applejack were escorted in while the other guards took care of their belongings. As they entered the throne room, they were greeted by Cadence sitting at her throne.

"Cadence!" Twilight burst.

Cadence gasped happily, "There's the mare I've been waiting for."

She soon came galloped over to them as Twilight set little Spike down. "Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake. Clap your hooves and do a little shake," Twilight and Cadence chanted before hugging each other and Spike clapped his little hooves at the entertainment.

"Oh, and hello to you Applejack. I hope Granny Smith is in her better mood back home," Cadence said.

"Hmhm, she has her good and bad days, today she was in a good mood before I took off. Thanks for the concern your highness," Applejack said.

"Well, Luna should be here in a bit. She was pulled away by some fillies who wanted to get to know her. Cute little ones, they were," Cadence said.

"Well, we'll see her in ten years," Applejack joked, getting a laugh from the Princesses in the room.

After a while of chatting, Luna showed up to talk to Applejack about what she found and led her away to go see it. "Anything I should worry about?" Twilight asked.

"No, it's just something that will interest Applejack a lot, I don't think she'll wanna pass it up," Cadence said.

"Is that so?" Twilight asked rhetorically.

"Well, I see our cute little Spike got his hooves, hello there little Spikey," Cadence said as she lifted him out and started tickling him as she held him.

"Hehehehehehehe, Mama," Spike said.

Twilight and Cadence were frozen on the spot by his comment. "Are my ears going, or did he just call you Mama?" Twilight asked.

"I think he just called me Mama," Cadence said.

"Well, I understand Spike calling me his sister, but you his Mama, that's a new one," Twilight said.

"Well, let's just be sure. Spikey, who is that," Cadence pointed to Twilight.

"Sissthy," Spike said.

"And who am I?" Cadence asked as she pointed to herself.

"Mama," Spike said as he hugged her muzzle.

Cadence smiled at his cuteness then heard a door open. Spike turned around to see who it was. They see Shining had walked into the room and then said, "Hey it's little sis and little ponified Spike."

"Dada!" Spike yelled joyfully waving his little baby hooves.

"D-did he just call me Dada?" Shining asked out of shock.

"He did. But I think I know why. After he regressed further, much of his mind start to regress to. some of his memories remain but for how long I don't know. since your the First Stallion that greeted him warmly, he must have classified you as his dad. Now the case of calling me sissy and Cadence his Mama, it must be due to size, I'm guessing after the picture I showed him of you guys, he narrowed it down to that," Twilight said.

"Well, I guess we can play along since his mind is so young I don't wanna confuse the little guy," Shining said as he ruffled Spikes mane.

Spike giggled trying to grab Shining's hoof. "Awww, he wants to play," Cadence said.

Just then a loud rumble came from his belly. "Oh, he's hungry, let me get his..." Twilight was cut off as Cadence took the bag and zipped it shut.

"You haven't been feeding him formula have you Twily?" Cadence asked in a worried tone.

"That yucky unhealthy stuff? No, I was getting his pacifier to keep him occupied till I was ready. I need to take a pill to start nursing him," Twilight said.

"Oh, let me take care of the feeding Twi. He did call me Mama after all right?" Cadence pointed out.

"Well I... are you sure?" Twilight asked.

"Of course I am. Besides I have been thinking about being a mother. This a great way to start letting me experience it," Cadence said.

"Well, okay, but maybe somewhere more private then the throne room," Twilight suggested.

"Not a problem," Cadence said.

Before they even knew what happened, they were in Cadence's and Shining's bedroom."Ok Spike, sweetie time for Mama to give you some nice warm milk," Cadence said. She used her magic and guided him to her breasts after using magic to help her produce milk. She placed a wing over him and soon he started nursing. As he did the three talked about all that had happened since they're last get together.

Author's Note:

End of Chapter One, hope you enjoy. Well, that was a surprise to hear Spike call Cadence and Shining, mama and dada. What will happen next? Stay tuned. Please leave me a positive comment and constructive criticism. I will update when I can. As always you rock. Oh and Merry Christmas one and all. To those who don't celebrate it, Happy Holidays.