• Published 16th Mar 2012
  • 3,418 Views, 58 Comments

Recalling the Nightmare - Juu50x



Sort of sequel to Nightmare's lullaby.

  • ...
4
 58
 3,418

Chapter 2 - Cleaning Up

I don’t own MLP: FiM or it's characters. They belong to Lauren Faust and Hasbro.

AN: Sorry if this chapter is bit short! Next one will be bit longer. Hopefully longer than first one.

Recalling the Nightmare

Chapter 2
Cleaning Up

After Twilight and her friends had a good laugh, they turned their gaze at the library which was just one big mess. If they could just see anything at all since the smoke was still inside and obscured whatever mess the library was in.

“Damn Twilight.” Applejack said. “Just what sort of spell did ya try to make? I don't think any spell you've done so far have been like this.” she said. And Twilight herself looked bit embarrassed.

“Well, I was trying to test out this sort of new “Aura” spell.” she explained. “It was said to be bit complicate, but the book never said anything about that the “missteps” would be so... messy.” Twilight said, although her last sentence sounded more like a question.

“That still didn't answer my question.” Applejack said.

“Excuse me Applejack!” Rarity interrupted before Twilight could say anything. “Might I suggest that we first deal with this awful mess before we go to the full details.” she said.

“Yeah... I guess Rarity is right.” Twilight said. Looking back at her home. The smoke was almost completely gone, so she could see somewhat what had happened, and it didn't look nice. Most of the books were all around the floor, all of them colored in dark purple dust. And the kitchen had it's own disaster, but not so bad like living room. Just like other rooms, the windows were blown open, but the table and chairs were pretty much scattered around the kitchen.

“Well, I guess we better start working then.” Twilight said, as she started channeling her magic through her horn trying to make the rest of the smoke disappear. But just like couple moments before, she felt the familiar pain going through her. It was strange, it almost felt like her magic was the one that was causing her the pain. Like it was... draining or something.

But this time the painful feeling wasn't thankfully that bad that she would collapse, but it was enough to make one heck of a headache. And still made her to held her head on her hoof. “Hey Twilight are you okay?” Rainbow Dash asked, hovering bit over Twilight looking concerned.

“I... I don't know.” Twilight wasn't completely sure either. Was this just some kind of side effect from failed attempt to use the spell? “But there wasn't any kinds of mentioning about side effects!” she thought. “It already happened before you guys came.”

“Well, if you allow me dear.” Rarity cut in, her horn glowing it's snow white color.

Soon the library was clear from the smoke and as everybody suspected, the library surely had seen it's finer days. And the mess was really big. “Well...” was all Rarity could say as her eyes had become quite large from the shock.

“Oh this is going to be some much fun!” Pinkie seemed to jump out of nowhere in front of them, while dressed in some kind of house cleaner outfit. “We could like totally have a some kind of cleaning up party! I could get us some hmph!” Pinkie Pie muttered since Applejack's hoof was on her mouth.

“I don't think we need something like that.” Applejack said, then gave quick glance on Pinkie's outfit. “And how in the hay did ya... Ya know what never mind!” Applejack then said, remembering that this was Pinkie Pie they were talking about. She then took her hoof off of Pinkie's mouth, who looked bit disappointed.

“Oh alright then.” she said, sounding bit sad. “But later we'll sure need to have some kind of after cleaning up party!” Pinkie said, while she started randomly bouncing around. Twilight and others simply gave themselves and Pinkie a strange expression. “What?” nopony didn't give any answer.

“So what if we start cleaning up now?” Spike asked, breaking the silence.


Moment before the accident...

It could feel as the... host was channeling her magics again. A familiar feeling started coursing through the host. It could feed again. But all this wait had become... inexcusable! The more magic it draw, the more conscious and stronger it became. But now after, the Void knows how long... the wait was enough! Enough of being careful! It was time to make the return that it had waited for! Time to make this world witness rebirth of new kind Darkness!

Time to show the false ones what true strength and power was!

Yes!

The spell she was using... so much magic! Suddenly the return seemed to be even more possible! It would be possible and finest!

Must have...!

The feeling of raw magic. The power of Element of Magic! It was delicious. I WANT MORE!!! the drain continued. And the host still didn't notice anything. But the amounts of magic that the creature was leaching, was still small compared to the magic its host wielded. She wouldn't notice. Not if it continued feeding hungrier.

But temptation was overwhelming! It started feeding even more. The magic that was able to escape from its hunger, preparing for the spell to be cast. It could feel as drawing, growing larger and stronger! Little bit more...!

*KABOOM!*

The failed spell couldn't hold itself, and so it imploded as the entity, unknown to its host, fully awakened from its long “slumber”. The entity started chuckling quietly, until it turned into full evil laughter.

At last!



Back to the present.

“Wow.” Twilight said, sounding surprised. “I thought it would take a whole day.” she said, while looking at newly clean library. It had taken them about four hours to clean the entire library. And now it looked all the same like before. Although, Twilight could have sworn that the library looked bit, brighter (if that was even possible) than before.

Possibly because of Rarity.” she thought.

She once again tried to use her magic and much to her surprise, she was able to use her magic without any kinds of headaches. Why this all of sudden? Couple hours ago she couldn't even cast a simple spell that might had helped her. “I really need to check that book again.”

“Well probably if you had done that completely yourself darling.” Rarity said. “And probably longer since you can't use your magic.” she then added.

“Actually...” Twilight let her magic flow through her horn as she brought the book she had been reading this morning. The same book that had led her to this spell of hers.

“Hey! When you could do that?” Rainbow asked. “I thought you said that using magic would cause you bad headaches!”

Twilight wasn't sure either. Maybe it was just temporary effect. “To tell the truth, I'm not sure. Maybe just some side-effect from the spell.” she said.

“Well, could you tell us what sort of spell you were trying?” Fluttershy asked. Like her other friends, she wanted to know what had Twilight was doing here. As she was bit worried that it might be also really dangerous for Ponyville.

“Oh yes. You see it was meant to improve my Aura spells.” Twilight started explaining. “From what I read, if I could concentrate enough, I could manipulate my magic into many different kinds of forms.”

”Huh? What exactly are you getting at?” Applejack asked.

”Well...” Twilight decided to show them instead of telling them since they would be only confused even more. She started focusing her magics, she could feel as it flowed through her horn, the violet mist of magic started forming from her horn.

Twilight's friends watched with bit shocked expressions as the mist started working on Twilight's mane and soon the mane reminded them somewhat of Princess Luna. Only they could clearly see Twilight's original mane beneath the magical aura.

“That's what you were trying to do?” Rainbow Dash asked. Sounding bit disappointed. “Sorry Twilight but, that's pretty lame. The way you made it sound...”

“Well this is not the only thing I could do.” Twilight said, she then closed her eyes as she concentrated even harder. The magical mane then turned into a form of what looked like some kind of... hand. It then suddenly disappeared and Twilight's mane was back.

“I can also, well when I have enough experience, I can also make kind of copies of me or other objects.” she said.

“Now that sounds way cooler!” Rainbow Dash said, now sounding bit more interested.

“Right.” was all Twilight could say.

“Are you sure that kind of spell is save?” Fluttershy asked. “I... I mean, look what happened this morning.” she said. “What if something might go even more wrong than last time?”

Twilight gave Fluttershy a understanding look. “I know, but I really doubt anything that worse could happen.” she put a reassuring hoof on Fluttershy's shoulder. “And besides, you know that I don't do anything that could endanger Ponyville.” she said.

“You know she is right Fluttershy.” Rarity agreed.

“Okay.” Fluttershy said. Sighing.

“We so need to party for this!!” Pinkie suddenly yelled. “You have no idea how cool party ideas I have for that spell of your Twilight!” Pinkie said, now controlling her voice bit better. “There are so many...!”



Meanwhile...

She could feel herself getting stronger. But still not strong enough. But it didn't matter. Now the easier part would began. All she would need would be little patience. Oh yes, her revenge would be so perfect. First Twilight and her “friends”, they would be the first. And she would make sure they would suffer before she would completely rise to power!

And after that... the whole Equestria would feel the undeniable wrath of Nightmare Moon!



Well here. And again sorry about the shortness and if it sucked. I've been bit down lately since I finished Mass Effect 3 yesterday and well.. you can guess the rest.

What is Nightmare's exact plan? What horrible fate has she stored for Twilight and her friends?

Find out in future chapters!

Well anyway, don't forget to comment and constructive criticism is always welcome! But no flames, please.

Till next time, THANK YOU AND GOOD NIGHT!!!