• Published 12th Dec 2013
  • 972 Views, 30 Comments

The Worst of a Bad Situation - NLRscout



This is the story of some poor random sap named Jay who got tossed into the middle of the fray. He has to figure out how to survive against manticores, hydras and ponies oh my!

  • ...
10
 30
 972

Time to nut up or cry quietly in a corner

When I woke up, it was night, and with a quick glance around, I saw the trio of pain was nowhere in sight. I leaned on my right arm and stood up, and for the first time in the past four days, I felt hungry. It hit me like a double decker bus how hungry I was, so my first thought was to go get some food. The second after that thought, I realised that I didn't know where to get food from. I think Applejack said she worked on an apple farm, so if I found that, I'd be in the gold mine.

Though I had no idea the proper direction to go, I followed a hunch and the smell of apples. While on my walk to find sustenance, I gazed upward at the beautiful night. Filled with stars and wonderment. The gorgeous moon lighting my path just enough to see, but not enough to be over powering. I had always enjoyed the night time better then the day for a reason I don't know. Maybe it was the cool air. Allowing me to think better. Maybe it was the smells. Nothing smelled quite like the night after a rainstorm. Maybe it was the sights. All the beautiful stars, creating constalations and art in the sky, the moons ever present shine upon the ground, showing the softer shades of the world. Whatever it was, I loved it.

I had been walking for a good twenty minutes before I reached something that looked familiar. The lights of a sleeping city were in the distance, and I knew I couldn't be far from my destination. I keep walking on the path until a sign is in front of a turn off in the road. 'Sweet Apple Acres'. This must be what she was talking about. I turned onto the path and started my trek. Soon enough, I saw apple trees in rows along the road. I was tempted to just take them, but didn't feel right stealing them. I kept walking forward to an old looking farm house. There was a barn to my left that was painted fire truck red and corrals next to it with sleeping pigs inside. I walked past the barn and walked up the steps of the porch on the farm house.

The house itself wasn't in bad condition, but the paint was chipping and looked ages old. I took the necessarily steps to reach the door and knocked. I had no idea what time it was here but I assumed it was late and didn't expect a warm welcome. I stood back and waited for a response. After five minutes of waiting, I knocked again. Still no response. They were probably asleep considering its pitch black outside now. Not even the moon is awake. Instead of bothering them by knocking on the door again, I reach for the doorknob and twist. To my surprise, its unlocked, and I let myself in.

I know this seems kind of shady, but I swear it was filled with good intentions. But you know what they say about the road paved with good intentions. I opened the door slowly, as to make as little sound as possible, and closed it the same way. I walked forward into the darkness and saw nothing. Cause you know, darkness is pretty dark. My eyes adjusted, and soon enough, I could see enough to make progress through the house to find what I was looking for. I searched and searched and searched, but couldn't find it. I thought to myself, maybe they didn't have any? But I pushed that thought away, and kept looking. My luck, as shitty as it is, decided to fuck me over yet again. While I was looking for my object of interest, I accidentally bumped into a chair, which immediately fell over and something hit the ground with it. Or I guess it was someone, considering it yelled when it was falling over.

When it hit the ground, an old sounding voice went off like an alarm about how I was an intruder and a their and all this crazy stuff, when in all reality, I was looking for some paper and a pen to write an IOU. Seriously, I was going to write my name and everything, but it had to be spoiled my own idiocy. Well I'm sure Applejack will let me explain why I was rummaging through her house, knocked over what I assumed was her grandma and about how I was going to steal some of her apples... on second thought, that seemed like a horrible idea, and I'm quite certain I'm going to be beat to death by a mini horse.

I was left with two options. One, is run away or hide in the hopes they don't find me and I don't die, or two, I stand up like a man and take my punishment like a man. I took the obvious choice and ran like a little girl. I however, didn't take into account that ponies can run. Fast. I can put up a pace with the best of them, I am Mexican, but horses win.

I ran for all I was worth but it was in vain when I saw the rope extend over my head and close in around my arms. I slammed the ground so hard I'm surprised I didn't give the ground a bruise. I was slowly getting dragged backwards and I was blubbering like a child who got caught stealing the whole time. When I finally stopped being dragged, I looked up and saw the angry face of Applejack. When she saw me though, her face went from rage to confusion.

"What the hay? Jay!?"

"Um... hey there Applejack..."

Author's Note:

I would appreciate some feedback about what you guys and gals think about the story. So if you have some time drop me a comment or something. Thanks for reading!