• Published 12th Dec 2013
  • 972 Views, 30 Comments

The Worst of a Bad Situation - NLRscout



This is the story of some poor random sap named Jay who got tossed into the middle of the fray. He has to figure out how to survive against manticores, hydras and ponies oh my!

  • ...
10
 30
 972

Talking to Twilight part 2

The short walk from Fluttershy's house to the main road was met with casual conversation about whatever we had on our minds at the time. I was somewhat nervous, not knowing what to expect from Twilight. Somehow sensing my worry, Fluttershy wrapped a wing around me and gave me an assuring look. I faked a smile back. My nerves still managing to get the best of me, I lost myself in thought when we turned onto the main road.

I was hoping I could have my questions about how I got here, why I'm here, and how do I get back answered, but I didn't let my hopes rule me. I knew that was probably not in the rational range of thinking, but I WAS in a magical land full of flying, talking ponies for Christ sake so I didn't throw anything out of the realm of possibilities. Still the thought of not getting the answers I wanted swirled around my head like a hurricane and made me worry.

As we walked along the path, we came across a group of ponies that looked to be selling flowers. I waved at to white one with a red mane and she promptly passed out. As soon as that happened, all hell broke loose. The other two, one pink with a yellow mane and the other looked like a damn carrot, took off screaming about a monster and how its going to eat them and kill everypony. It took me a minute until it dawned on me that they were talking about me. Needless to say, my self confidence REALLY didn't need that. Fluttershy gave me an apologetic look.

"Sorry about the flower sisters, they do this every time they see something they don't understand." She looked at the ground sullen. I lifted her chin up so her eyes would meet mine.

"You don't have to apologise on the behalf of them, you didn't do anything, and its not that big of a deal. What's the worst that could happen?" If there had ever been a moment in my life where I had regretted the words coming out of my mouth as I said them, it was now. The screaming and panicking stopped as the mares disappeared, but was soon replaced with angry shouts and threats as an angry mob rounded a corner. Pitchforks and all, these som-bitches meant buisness! I turned to Fluttershy with a worried look on my face.

"So um... Twilights place sounds good, yeah?" She nodded and we both took off, me following her.

We sprinted around the last corner before Twilight's house, mob still in tow and bum to the safety that was the tree-brairy. As soon as we entered I held the door shut as Fluttershy went to look for Twilight. The angry towns ponies banging on the door and yelling was cause for Fluttershy to hasten her search. She flew up the stairs and out of my view as I tryed to hold off the entire town with just a door. Needless to say, they were winning. I was about to let the door open and start fighting off the ponies when a sight for sore eyes trotted down the stairs.

"Twilight! Listen, I don't have time to explain but I need your help!" She gave me a funny look and looked past me at the door.

"Sounds like somepony is at the door, and what do you need my help with?" Just then, the door exploded into splinters and shards of wood flew everywhere, some even having enough force to stick into the walls behind Twilight. I went flying as well, straight towards her and not purposefully glomping her into the floor of the library. Good thing to because a chunk of wood the size of my fist flew and stuck into the bookshelf Twilight had been standing in front of.

The chaos over and done with, a unicorn stood at the door with a pitchfork and torch in hand-er-.. magic, and stepped inside. However, the repercussions of being that close to an explosion of that magnitude, is significant temporary hearing loss. Its called tenidis. You know the ringing in your ears after a concert? Yeah, imagine that but times twenty. Anyways, he was shouting all sorts of what I imagine was bullshit but all it sounded like was muffled douchebag. Checking myself for injury, before standing up and getting off Twilight, I helped her up. Looking above me on the stairs, I noticed Fluttershy curled up in a ball. Douchebag still talking shit in the background, I walked around to the stairs, carefully avoiding the sharp shards of wood everywher, I made my way to her.

There was blood. Not just a little either, a lot.

Author's Note:

Well I'm going to try to get started on the next chapter as soon as possible but idk when it will be out. But, I will say this, for every like I get on this story from now on, I'll put out a new chapter. Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments or in a message. Thanks for reading!