• Published 12th Dec 2013
  • 972 Views, 30 Comments

The Worst of a Bad Situation - NLRscout



This is the story of some poor random sap named Jay who got tossed into the middle of the fray. He has to figure out how to survive against manticores, hydras and ponies oh my!

  • ...
10
 30
 972

Breakfast with the Apples

After being unbound, and explaining the situation to Applejack, she seemed understanding. I figured she'd give me a couple apples and send me on my way if I was lucky. But she surprised me by actually inviting me into her home for a place to stay for the night and breakfast in the morning. I don't know why I avoided these ponies after I found out I wasn't on my own planet. Oh right, existensial crisis will make you do stupid things. That aside, I accepted her gracious offer, and followed her inside.

For my sleeping arrangements, she had an old cot she pulled out, along with a pillow and a super warm hand-er.. hoof made blanket. "Hey Applejack?"

"What'dya need partner?" She asked as she turned her head to me, before she walked up the stairs to I'm assuming her bedroom.

"Thanks. Its been a long time since anybody has done something nice for me just for the sake of being nice. Its refreshing." I said with a smile on my face. In turn she donned one and said,

"Think nothing of it. You'd have done the same fer me." She turned and walked up the stairs. The clopping of hooves getting fainter and fainter until they stopped. Its been a long while since anything good has come my way so this random act of kindness was much appreciated. I mentally told myself that one day, I would repay her for this. But right now, all I wanted to do was sleep.

I was awoken the next morning by the cock-a-doodle-doo of the rooster and the sun streaming on my face. I rolled over, trying to get a little more sleep in before the day drained me of my energy. But it was in vain, as I rolled right off the cot and onto the ground with a thud. I managed a grumble and stood up. Trying to get back into the cot, my dreams of more dreams were dashed yet again as a certain orange pony appeared. She looked as awake and cheery as ever. I don't understand morning people. I however looked exactly the opposite. Bags under my eyes, bed head like a pair of hedge clippers attacked my dome piece, super deep tired voice and worste of all, morning breath. Now I've been told that I have the worst morning breath ever. And I agree with them, sometimes catching a wiff of my own breath in the morning made me feel like my eyebrows were going to singe off and my nose, run away. However, before Applejack could talk to me, I asked where I could brush my teeth and she pointed me to the bathroom.

After reaching said bathroom, I realised, I didn't have a tooth brush. I said whatevs and borrowed one of the ones inside the little cups they had on the counter. I'm sure they wouldn't mind. I put some tooth paste on the brush, and went to work removing about four days worth of gross. After that was done, I came back down and smelled the delicious scent of baked apples. I walked to the table to see massive amounts of food and my mouth started watering. Apple anything you can name. Apple fritters, apple pie, apple pancakes apple sauce and even just plain apples! I was flabbergasted that they could cook all this food and make it look this good in a relatively small amount of time. I picked a seat next to Applejack, who had Applebloom on the otherwise of her. "This all looks delicious! Thank you again Applejack, without you, I'd probably be stealing from ponies so I could eat, but now I don't need to!" I said as I took a fork and got a couple pancakes, then I reached for the syrup, probably apple flavored, and squeezed some out onto my pancakes. I took a bite and internally laughed a little as my assumption was correct. Applejack just smiled at me and said, 'don't worry about it'. She sure was a thoughtful pony. Maybe living among these guys until I figure out a way to get home will be easier than I thought at first. If Applejack was anything to go by, the ponies here put everyone above themselves. Which was hard to come by in the human world but, that was still my home.

Breakfast was soon over and with a satisfied hunger, I asked Applejack for the thirtyith time if she needed help cleaning, as it was the least I could do for her generosity. But again and again she refused, so I resigned to just stand back and wait for her to get done. When she finished, we sat on her porch talking about life and its mysteries. We talked about me needing a place to stay and how I was always welcome on the farm, as long as I worked my fair share around here. We talked about me wanting to know how to get home and not be stuck here anymore, not that I minded all that much. We talked about all sorts of stuff before she had to start her work for the day. 'Trees don't take care of themselves!' She said. I told her I appreciated everything she did for me and she again said don't mention it. I shook her hoof and went on my merry way. With no plan on how to attack the day, I figured I would stop at the ponies house that saved me from a horrible death. Time to go visit Fluttershy.

Author's Note:

Not to much funny businesses in this one, just some story building. The chapter after fluttershy is going to be about Jay's background. Hope you guys and gals enjoy!