• Published 3rd Feb 2015
  • 5,599 Views, 348 Comments

MLDC: Firestorm Crisis - Michael_Ravencroft



Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, total opposites, the bad girl, and the studious girl. But one fateful night will change everything for them, and quite possiblly the world.

  • ...
20
 348
 5,599

PreviousChapters Next
Entry 22: The Strength of Gaia

???

“Twilight, sugarcube, wake up!”

Twilight groaned, her skull throbbing with a familiar headache, albeit somewhat less painful. The teenage girl realized she was lying on her back, so she slowly sat up, feeling gentle hands guide her upright to a sitting position. Twilight slowly opened her eyes, blinking a few times to adjust them into focus, but once she did, they went as wide as saucers.

The world around them was a starry universe, hued in an emerald green color. Twilight looked down and saw that she was sitting on an invisible surface, it wasn’t too surprising, after all Twilight had been to this place once before, but what was really startling was that Sunset was nowhere around to make this happen. Her heart pounded within her chest, breaths coming in and out in a hyperventilating fashion. Twilight was on the verge of a panic attack, because she knew, she knew that being in this place could only mean one thing.

“We’re inside Hel! No, not again! I don’t want to be here!” Twilight shouted.

“TWI!”

Twilight was briefly snapped out of the attack, hearing a voice that wasn’t Sunset’s. She turned to her right and saw that Sunset was not beside her, but instead it was Applejack. Her body from the neck down was glowing in a soft orange color, with a red apple symbol pulsating on her chest, much in the same way Twilight appeared.

“Applejack…?”

“Ah’m right here Twi, just breathe a moment and calm down. Else Ah’m liable to start panickin’ myself, and it won’t do any good for the both us to start screamin’ and gettin’ scared,” said Applejack, keeping her voice strong and yet gentle, trying to reassure Twilight, and herself.

Twilight closed her eyes and placed her right hand to her chest, she then inhaled, and then extended that same hand forward as she exhaled. It was Cadance’s calming technique, having taught Twilight when she used to get all panicky about the new things she was experiencing.

She never thought such a simple method would actually work to calm her nerves, but time and again the technique had proven itself to be effective one-hundred percent of the time. Twilight did this a couple of more times, feeling her anxiety flow out with each breath, until finally she felt calm enough to think clearly.

“Thank you, Applejack,” said Twilight with a smile.

“Didn’t do nothin’, just makin’ sure ya stay with me.” Applejack rose to her feet and then offered her hand to the purple glowing girl. “Can ya stand? Ah mean, technically Ah don’t even know how the heck we’re even standin’ on anythin’ when there’s nothin’ beneath us, but…”

Twilight nodded and grabbed hold of Applejack’s hand, helping her up. “Believe me I understand, but what I don’t understand is why we’re here. Sunset wasn’t anywhere near me to initiate the fusion process! I mean…I felt something, felt her, but that couldn’t have been the reason why!”

Twilight began looking around, she quickly turned her gaze upwards, prompting AJ to do the same. And just as she suspected, the Firestorm Matrix was floating above them, but like the world around them, there were differences to it. Half of the orb was colored red, while the other half was the same soft orange color like Applejack. The bands that wrapped around the orb were a rosy color, and the orbs were different as well. The color was the same, but the symbols weren’t like the ones that were there when she and Sunset became Hel.

“The Firestorm Matrix, it’s…it’s changed, I don’t understand,” said Twilight aloud, but to no one in particular.

“Twi, Ah’m usually the calm and steady one in most situations, but honestly, if somethin’ doesn’t get explained soon, Ah’m probably goin’ to freak out.”

Twilight shook her head to regain her senses. “Sorry, but there is no real simple answer.” Twilight sighed, knowing that the cat was outta the bag at this point. “Applejack…Sunset Shimmer and I we’re…we’re those two fire girls who you’ve no doubt seen on the news.”

Applejack looked to Twilight with wide eyes. “You and Sunset?! Both of ya’ve been fightin’ those other fire people all this time?!” Twilight nodded. “Well…shoot…Ah…Ah guess it makes sense, in a way. Why you and Sunset seem to be around each other a lot, and boltin’ off like ya do, and…hold on, was this partly the reason why the both of ya became a thing?”

Twilight blushed, rubbing the back of her head in slight embarrassment. “Well…it helped us to bond, and to get closer to each other without really knowing it.” The purple girl’s bashfulness ended there, her face growing serious. “Do you remember the news report, about the battle that took place in the middle of downtown a couple of weeks ago?”

Applejack crossed her arms and sighed. “Sure do, gave us all a fright when we saw the sky turnin’ red and the black clouds thunderin’. The news said somethin’ about a demon and a green flamed skeleton fightin’, which they assumed was the cause. Ya shoulda seen Granny Smith, she was prayin’ and holdin’ a cross in her hands like it was the End of Days or somethin’. Not goin’ to lie, it looked like it too.”

“That phenomenon was caused by Sunset and me, we…we fused into a single being called Firestorm Hel. She was…IS…a monster, born from the rage and hate that Sunset and I felt for Atomic Skull for what he did to Lyra!”

“Ya mean…you were there when it happened?!”

“Yes! He beat us into the ground, literally! He was too strong, we couldn’t do anything to stop him! Applejack, he was sent there to kill Sunset and me, and Lyra, and a lot of people were hurt or killed because of us!” Twilight shouted, clenching her fists as the memories resurfaced.

The Firestorm Universe seemed to waver in response to Twilight’s distress, a low groan like a structure giving way could be heard echoing within the expanse, and it made Applejack uneasy.

“Twi, Ah think you should –”

“Hel fought him, she fought against him and was so much more powerful than him! He was a mercenary, a killer, a trained soldier, we had no chance without her power! But even so, she didn’t have to do all that!” Tears ran down her cheeks as Twilight fell to her knees, hugging herself as the memories became more vivid. “She took away his powers, made him helpless and weak! And despite that, she didn’t let up, she just continued to attack him and enjoyed every moment he was in pain! Sunset and I we…we begged her to stop, pleaded with her!”

A low rumble could be felt through the invisible ground, nearly knocking Applejack off her feet. The apple farmer didn’t know what was happening, but it didn’t take a genius to see that Twilight’s emotional state was having an effect on the world around them, and Applejack didn’t know what would happen if this world crumbled around them.

“Twilight, calm down!” Applejack pleaded.

“She killed him! Shot him in the head with a burst of energy, it was a literal execution! Hel did the killing, but we were Hel, and our bodies were one! With my own hands a life was taken! I’m a murderer, he was one too, but that was no excuse for what we – what I –!”

Applejack quickly rushed forward and brought Twilight into a tight embrace. The sudden contact made Twilight gasp, and then she blushed when she realized that they were essentially bare, even though their bodies were made of light.

“Uh…Applejack…?”

“Twi, stop it. You did what ya had to do. Ah won’t pretend that Ah know what you went through when you were like that, but Ah do understand the feelin’ of havin’ blood on yer hands. It’s the same with me, ya don’t think Ah felt the same way when my parents died?!” Applejack broke the hug, putting a little space between them, but still keeping her arms around Twilight. “For the longest time, Ah kept blamin’ myself, thinkin’ Ah was a murderer!”

Twilight shook her head, resting her right hand gently against Applejack’s left cheek. “AJ, no, that’s not the same thing! It was an accident! You had no control over it!”

“The same way you didn’t have control over that Hel demon?” Applejack shot back.

Twilight winced.

“Ya see, there are things that are out of our control sometimes Twi, and sometimes ya can’t always stop bad things from happenin’. But, what matters is that you don’t let it stop you from doin’ all you can to make it right when it’s over. To pick yerself up and keep movin’ forward!”

Applejack smiled gently at Twilight and brought one of her hands to wipe away the tears on her face. “Now, no more of this blamin’ yerself and callin’ yerself a ‘murderer’. Else Ah’ll have to knock some sense into ya.”

Twilight felt her heart swell up, without realizing it, these were the words she needed to hear. The purple girl threw her arms out and brought Applejack into a hug of equal intensity, catching the country girl off guard for a moment before she returned the gesture. The Firestorm Universe around them stopped groaning and settled, the starry universe calmed itself and was solid once again, and even the invisible ground was still once again.

Geez, finally! Thought that was going to drag on forever! And, uh, not that I mind, but how long do you two plan on huggin’ each other? You both are essentially naked.

Twilight and Applejack’s eyes flew open as they were struck with the realization. Both girls parted and stood to their feet, clearing their throats and wearing blushes on their faces. It was then that Twilight noticed that the voice didn’t have the sultry, yet ominous tone that Hel’s did. If anything it sounded gravelly, but had sass and attitude behind it.

“Twi, Ah’m Ah hearin’ things or did someone just talk to us?!” Applejack asked.

Someone did talk to you, ME! Firestorm Gaia, the being you both are currently inside of!

Twilight shook her head in confusion. “Wait, ‘Firestorm Gaia’, not ‘Hel’?!”

Oh please, don’t even compare me to that succubus sadist!

“I don’t understand, how was it that this happened? Applejack doesn’t have a Firestorm Protocol, so there’s no way she should’ve been able to fuse with me!” Twilight retorted.

Look, you can hammer out the whys and hows later, right now, I need you two focused.

Two portals opened before Applejack and Twilight, they appeared in the shape of eyes, granting them a window into the outside world. Before them stood the androids Cobalt and Silver, having entered defense mode as they tried to understand what Gaia was.

Right now they’re kinda locked up, trying to figure out what I am. Which is impossible, because, there’s no way they can comprehend this much awesomeness.

Applejack crossed her arms in front of her and wore a deadpan expression.

“And yer so modest to boot.”

Hey, I’m just bein’ honest, kinda my thing.

“Gaia…?” Twilight asked tentatively.

Look, you don’t have to be afraid of me. So speak up.

Twilight sighed and steeled her nerves. “I need to know, will you do as we say?”

I am what I am, so long as you don’t want to kill I won’t. But I’m not going to let us all die, that fair?

Twilight nodded, and Applejack joined.

Good, and besides, these are robots, no need to hold back! So let’s go!

The earth trembled beneath Gaia’s feet, she stomped her left foot forward, widening her stance. She lowered her upper body, and clenched her fists as she summoned forth her power. An emerald aura of flames raged around her, causing the androids to enter attack mode.

[Statement: New target power levels are rising at a critical rate.] Cobalt spoke.

[Conclusion: Target poses immediate threat. Elimination of threat is required.] Silver added.

Both androids’ eyes went red as they took off for Gaia. Silver lashed out with a fiery left hook, but Gaia’s glowing eyes caught the swift movement, with her left hand she reached across herself and caught the punch in the palm of her left armored hand. Cobalt came at her with a spinning roundhouse kick, channeling his energies into it to double its kinetic force. Gaia smirked in bemusement that the androids thought a two pronged attack would work on her. She quickly reached across herself with the right hand and caught Cobalt’s kick at the angle, causing the built up kinetic force to dissipate on impact.

[Error.] Cobalt and Silver spoke.

My turn!

Gaia pulled back, dragging both androids to the opposite sides and throwing them like rag dolls. The two automatons smashed into one apple tree after the other, cutting a groove in the earth as two dust trails were kicked up in their wake before they came to an explosive stop, kicking up even more dirt and rock into the air.

The astral form of Applejack appeared beside Gaia, she groaned loudly and face palmed herself, dragging it down her face. ‘Ah geez…all our apple trees are goin’ to be destroyed at this rate…!’

Oh don’t whine about that right now! This is combat, stay focused! Gaia snapped.

‘Gaia!’ Twilight scolded.

Well it is!

Suddenly Cobalt and Silver burst out of the dust clouds, flipping in the air and landing a couple of yards away from Gaia, mirroring the other as they landed on one knee while their fist struck the ground. Both androids’ heads shot up and locked onto Gaia, and the giant woman readied herself.

Silver funneled his atomic energy into his hands and released it into a blazing double helix, plasma flame blast. The dual winding beams roared towards Gaia, she quickly stamped the earth with her foot, causing a chunk of it to rise up like a wall. She then struck it with her fist, sending transmutational energy surging through it, transforming it into a titanium wall that took the full force of the blast. Gaia then flattened her hands, taking a stance, she struck the titanium wall before her with a series of high speed spear hand thrusts.

On the other side of the wall, shrapnel shards of metal were launched at rapid speed, like a Gatling gun. Cobalt and Silver rolled to the left and right. Gaia backed up, she then delivered a spinning thrust kick to the top half of the wall, sending it flying towards Cobalt, and with a punt kick from her right foot she set the bottom half hurdling along with the other.

Cobalt saw the chunks of metal flying at him, with quick and decisive action Cobalt used his power to transmute the metal into sand just before it hit him. But what Cobalt didn’t see was that Gaia had sped towards him at the same time as the metal chunks. She blasted through the sand, right fist cocked back in preparation to deliver a killing blow to the machine.

Suddenly, a beam of fiery plasma shot towards them. Gaia pulled back at the last second, narrowly missing the beam as it divided her from Cobalt. Her gaze turned to Silver, emerald flames wrapped around her left fist as she punched in Silver’s direction, lobbing a green fireball at him.

Silver countered by striking with his left fist, engulfed in his plasma fire. The two attacks struck, causing an explosion to burst out, throwing the automation to the ground. His left arm was damaged, most of the forearm was gone, exposing the circuitry and having spurts of nano facilitating fluids pour out like blood. The wound was already repairing itself, but Gaia wasn’t about to let it go that far. She dashed for Silver, bringing both hands together to bring down in a double handed hammer fist.

Just as she was about to deliver the fatal blow, Cobalt stepped in and caught Gaia’s hammer fist as she brought it down. Using his atomic energy, Cobalt redirected the kinetic force of the blow be thrown off to sides, resulting in dirt and trees being blown away by the sheer force of the attack. Cobalt held onto the hammer fist tightly, using it to swing back and strike Gaia in the stomach with a double thrust kick.

The blow sent Gaia skidding backwards, grunting from the blow and causing her to narrow her glowing eyes in anger. But the attack wasn’t over, Silver had reformed his arm and now both androids were on the attack. A flurry of punches and kicks were thrown at Gaia, with the giant woman throwing some back as well. The whole area echoed with thunderous, concussive “BOOMS” with each blocked strike and full on blows.

Gaia managed to hit Silver with a knee strike to the stomach, an elbow strike to the neck, and three solid punches to the head. Cobalt was dealt three kicks, two palm-heel strikes, and one knife-hand to the collarbone or where a person’s collarbone would be. Unfortunately, this was two on one, and despite Gaia’s strength and speed, she was only one being. Cobalt and Silver were quickly demonstrating how their superior demi-quantum computer brains could quickly outthink Gaia, and how their strength was not held back by the pitiful limitations of the human mind.

Cobalt and Silver struck Gaia in the ribs, simultaneously with a roundhouse kick from the right and left. Gaia paused from the sudden pain of the impact. Cobalt and Silver moved forward and struck her with a palm-heel to the chest, sending a blazing kinetic impact force straight through her and sent the green warrior flying. In perfect mirror synchronicity, the androids flew out to the sides, reappearing where Gaia was heading. Both of them hit Gaia in the center of her back with a full on knee strike.

Gaia coughed as she felt her body go numb for a brief moment, but a moment was all the androids needed. Both androids grabbed hold of Gaia’s arms and pulled, dragging her until she slammed, back first, into the ground. Cobalt and Silver quickly pressed their right and left foot onto her throat, pinning the giant woman there and constricting her airway.

[Statement: You are an anomaly, too dangerous to allow to live.] said Cobalt.

[Conclusion: Elimination is authorized.] said Silver.

‘There has to be a way for us to stop them!’

‘How?! They’re AIs are too advanced, they’ll think three moves ahead of us!’

You’re right, they can think three moves ahead of us, but can they keep up with three different conscience at once”

The astral forms of Twilight and Applejack understood what Gaia was getting at, and it caused them to grin. Gaia’s body began to glow with emerald flames, Cobalt and Silver quickly jumped off of the giant woman and landed a yard away, ready to fight.

Gaia got to her feet, atomic rings hovered over the damaged areas and quickly healed them. The corona crown formed around Gaia’s forehead, her short wavy flame hair began to rise up as the amalgamation widened her stance. The flames erupted into an inferno, her wavy hair taking on a more spiky appearance. Atomic energy concentrated at Gaia’s back, until, four flame jets erupted from her back. Within ten seconds the flames died out, showing that Gaia had added four new arms to herself. The orange energy that flowed through the grooves of the metal arms resembled molten magma, bubbling beneath the earth’s crust as Gaia flexed all six of her arms.

Cobalt and Silver’s computer brains tried to analyze Gaia’s power, but for some reason their processors couldn’t figure out the energy signature. Their nanomachine bodies tried to copy the power and form of their opponent, but it was as if the energy being put out by the six-armed giant woman was not computing.

[Error. Energy source unknown.] Silver spoke.

[Unable to analyze.] Cobalt said.

Gaia crossed her middle arms in front of her chest, while the lower arms clenched into fists. Her upper left arm pointed at the androids as she gave them a cocky smirk. Now I’m going to show you what a real badass can do! You two are so screwed right now you don’t even realize it, yet!

The green warrior dashed forth, with even greater speed than before. Her middle right arm cocked back in preparation for a punch. But Silver worked his way around Gaia, and appeared right in her blind spot. The android readied to launch a fire blast, but Gaia’s upper right arm turned in his direction, her open palm generated an emerald fireball that she fired right at Silver’s face. The surprise attack worked, hitting the android in the face and exploded, sending the machine flying backwards.

Gaia continued forward and punched Cobalt in the jaw. An audible crunching of metal could be heard as she continued to drive her fist into his face, at last something gave, and Cobalt was shot forward. The automation bounced on the ground for a league before he was able to stop himself. Once he stepped foot on the ground, however, that’s when things changed. The earth erupted with several, thick, sturdy vines. The vines lashed out at Cobalt like angry vipers, smashing themselves against Cobalt from all sides.

Cobalt released photon, ion, and even condensed air blades at the vines, but no matter how many times he cut them down, the stump would sprout out ten more.

Further away, Gaia had her middle hands placed together as if in prayer, her upper arms and lower arms’ hands made signs. Atomic rings floated around the prayer positioned hands as Gaia channeled her power into the earth to command the vines to attack Cobalt from a distance. Within the Firestorm Universe, Twilight was calculating and aiding in the manipulation of the vines. Although, this wasn’t all just her. Twilight never tried her hand at bio-transmutation, but with AJ’s knowledge of the trees she was able to use that to understand the workings of the molecular, biological, and atomic structure of the surrounding plant life.

‘I’m glad I had that fight with Fire Rose, she made it clear how to use plants as an attack method,’ said Twilight.

‘Gotta say, feels a little weird havin’ you inside my head right now. Ah mean, Ah can actually feel my memories of the land and the trees flowin’ through you and me!’

Twilight chuckled bashfully. ‘Yeah, it’s a little…invasive, but I promise I’m not trying to read your mind like that!’

‘Nah, its fine, because…’ Applejack flexed her right and left arms, she then glanced over her left shoulder and saw Silver coming towards them. ‘‘Cause with your power, and my strength, we can do things like this!’

Gaia broke the stance and whipped her upper left arm in a backhanded hammer fist. The blow caught Silver in the side of his left forearm as he blocked the blow, but the attack wasn’t done yet. Gaia shrugged off her blocked attack, flowing through with a triple right hook with all three of her right arms. The three fists struck against Silver’s guard, breaking it as it sent him into a spin from the force of the blows. Gaia moved in and struck Silver once again, this time hitting him under the chin with all three left fists in a joint uppercut.

The triple attack sent him flying into the air, upon which Gaia super jumped high into the air, using the flames to keep her aloft. Just then Gaia saw her vines burst apart as Cobalt came speeding for her. The blue android wasted little time in engaging the six-armed warrior in combat. Silver regained his senses and quickly joined in the flurry of punches and kicks.

This fight was quickly proving different from their earlier bout. The amount of blows being landed on Gaia was less than zero, thanks to Twilight and Applejack, they were able to block and strike for when Gaia couldn’t. Using the six arms to their advantage. Twilight was starting to see the appeal in fighting with one’s bare hands, despite her battles up till now, she had been using energy attacks, constructed weapons, or transmutations, only ever striking with her fists as a last result. Now though, she was liking how powerful she felt, striking out with her own physical power.

For Applejack, it as a real rush. She was blessed with near herculean strength, it ran in the Apple Family blood. Her brother had it, her little sister, when she got a little older, would get it as well, and Granny Smith had it too. Mind you she was old now and using such strength would hurt her, but it seemed to trade off with having an intimidating aura when scoldings and spankings were needed. In this case, Applejack felt so much stronger, so much more powerful than ever, she literally felt as if she could hold the world on her shoulders and not sweat.

AJ could also feel that Twilight’s knowledge was vast, that much she was always true, being the brainiac of their group, but it stretched beyond that of a high school student’s education. From just the little Applejack dared tap into, she could tell that her intelligence and knowledge was light-years ahead of the whole student body, heck, maybe even further than some of the scientists on the Science Channel. Applejack knew Twilight was smart, but now it made sense.

She could just leave at any time, she could graduate high school, college, and university if she wanted to and it’d probably wouldn’t take her a year to do it! But she chooses to stay with us, close to her friends.

Applejack had heard that people with that much brain power usually didn’t care for socializing, or friends, choosing to forgo normal emotions. It was as if they traded those emotions in at an early age in exchange for greater knowledge. AJ never saw the appeal in being that smart, if being that smart meant she was going to be no better than a robot, than she felt better off with what she was learning in school and on the farm. But Twilight wasn’t like that, she had her emotions, cried, laughed, got embarrassed, got angry, and even fell in love.

‘Yer really somethin’ ya know that?’

‘What was that AJ?’

‘You could be livin’ it up somewhere with how smart you are, how powerful you are, and yet you decide to stay close to us. Not a lot of folks would do that sort of thing.’

Twilight sighed and smiled. ‘I learned a long time ago, that all life is precious, a treasure we need to hold onto and cherish. Friendship, and even love, both aren’t meaningless emotions, they are essential to what makes us human, and what makes me, me. Which is why I will never allow you, my parents, or anyone I love be hurt by the Organization – EVER!’

Then let’s give ‘em a big FU by breaking their toys!

Gaia yelled loudly, her voice a mixture of both Applejack and Twilight’s voices in unison. Suddenly, her back sprouted an ever multiplying amount of arms. The androids looked upon this, trying to calculate and discern what to block, but their computer brains couldn’t keep up with the ever increasing amount.

[Error. Unable to process power levels. Attack patterns too erratic.] Silver spoke.

[Exclamation: Unbelievable.] Cobalt uttered.

Both Cobalt and Silver were knocked away from Gaia by a two-hundred fisted punch. The emerald woman entered a meditative state, bringing all two-hundred arms in line. Gaia’s original arms swayed up and the multitudes behind her mimicked the action. When she swayed them downward the copies began melding into each other one after the other, until, all of them united with the original arms of Gaia the moment her arms pointed down.

With an explosion of power, Gaia’s right and left arms were thrust out before her. Atomic rings formed around them as a transformation took place. The armor around the forearms grew to three times their normal size, while Gaia’s armored biceps increased in size and muscle to handle the weight. Her fingers became clawed, and a protrusion shot out from the forearms, making them look like giant gauntlets. The orange energy grooves formed ornate patterns on the metal, giving it an ancient mystical vibe. Gaia’s halo ring changed as well. Wing patterns formed on the ring, and the ring itself became more jagged, mimicking the appearance of fire.

Gaia struck both fists together, knuckle to knuckle, and roared out with the great power that had been unleashed. She pointed her right claw hand at the ground below Cobalt and made a sharp upward swing.

Below Cobalt the earth shook violently, until, the rock and dirt exploded up, knocking the android into the air. The column of dirt and rock started to change shape, magma veins appeared all over the column, allowing it to undulate, and at the top of the column it formed a head with glowing fiery eyes. The creation grew arms with long claws, and a mouth with rock teeth. The creature roared into the air, bellowing molten fire as it did. Gaia had just created an Earth Dragon, and it was hungry.

The Earth Dragon saw Cobalt and lunged for him. The android was about to use his transmutation power to reform the massive creation, but every time it tried to change it, the Dragon would not shift in form. Unbeknownst to him, Gaia’s power was flowing through the Earth Dragon, keeping it locked in that form and counteracting any changes to its atomic structure.

Cobalt took off trying to avoid the Earth Dragon, but the dirt serpent just opened its mouth, spewing lava flames right at the automaton. Cobalt narrowly dodged it but part of its body got splashed with lava. The superheated substance ate away at the nanomachines, turning them into molten slag.

Without warning, another Earth Dragon appeared, sprouting out from the first. The second Earth Dragon caught the android’s lower body. Its diamond hard teeth and magma saliva allowed it rip the machine in half, leaving the upper half to free fall. But the first Earth Dragon swooped in from below and snatched the last half of Cobalt, swallowing it and melting it down within its magma infused body.

And then there was one! Gaia proclaimed.

Silver shot up into the air, aiming for Gaia and funneling all its power into its hands to fire a super charged blast of plasma. Gaia didn’t even give the android a chance. Both gauntlets ignited like rocket engines, propelling Gaia forward. To her right hand, purple energy lapped off of it, and to her left hand she formed a sphere of orange light. Gaia spun around and struck Silver in the chest with her left fist, putting the sphere forward and making contact with it.

The sphere buffeted Silver with immobilizing force and threw the android into a free fall. Gaia took off after him, firing both jets to add momentum and power into her final attack. With a powerful battle cry, Gaia smashed her right fist into the sphere. The purple energy and orange sphere reacted, detonating and sending a column of purple and orange light into the air. Gaia continued to drive her fist forward, pushing Silver all the way down to the ground. Silver’s body broke down, atom by atom the nanomachines were destroyed.

[Error. Error. Error. Error. Error. Error. Error. Error. Error. Error. Error. Err–]

The automaton’s voice was silenced as they made ground impact, sending chunks of earth and rock jutting into the air as the column of dual light continued to shine, and as Silver’s last bits dissolved into nothingness.

When the dust settled, jutting pieces of rock and earth spiked outwards from the center of where Gaia stood. Her arms flared up with green flames as well as the atomic rings, when the flames disappeared her arms were back to normal. The corona crown around her head faded away, her hair returned to its short wavy style, and the halo ring became a perfect circle. Gaia stood tall and at attention. She then wrapped her left hand over her right fist and gave a slight bow.

Once that was done though, she fist pumped and jumped around flamboyantly. Oh hell yeah! That’s what I’m talklin’ about! I’m so damn cool! Who’s your daddy, androids, who’s your daddy?!

Applejack and Twilight appeared next to Gaia, with Applejack still giving her a deadpan expression. ‘Simmer down now Gaia, no need to get all overexcited like.’

Oh lighten up AJ, said Gaia as she placed her fists against her hips, we just beat two crazy strong super robots and proved that living things are better than machines!

Twilight cleared her throat to chime in. ‘Well, yes, it is exciting to have won this battle. But…there is extensive collateral damage…’

Applejack, Gaia, and Twilight took this time to take note of the massive amount of collateral damage they had done to the orchard. The country girl groaned in dismay at seeing her beloved family orchard utterly decimated. Gaia looked to her astral half and sighed.

Take a breather AJ or you’re going to give yourself a cardiac infarction, said Gaia.

‘What the hell is that?!’

It’s like a brain-heart attack or somethin’, anyway, I can fix this up.

Gaia got down on one knee, she then placed her hand on the ground. The earth reacted immediately as the energies within it radiated outwards like roots. Further and further the green glowing light traveled, encompassing the entire battlefield and the damaged areas within. With a pulse of her atomic energy, Gaia set to work on fixing the damage. Trees mended themselves, the upturned soil returned to its undisturbed state, even the rock Twilight and Applejack sat on was put back together.

Twilight and Applejack watched in awe as everything was put back to the way it was, as if Gaia was rewinding time rather than fixing things. Green particles of light rose up, rejuvenating the plant life and everything around it. Within a minute the entire area was back to normal, as if nothing had ever happened. Gaia rose up and exhaled slowly as if the expenditure of her energy for such a task exhausted her.

‘Are you alright, Gaia?’ Twilight asked.

Gaia gave Twilight a thumbs up. Ha, totally fine! Told ya, I’m awesome and badass. So don’t say I never did nothin’ for ya.

The giant woman felt a hand clasp on her left shoulder. When she looked she saw Applejack, with a grateful smile on her face. ‘Thank ya, sugarcube.’

Gaia blushed a little and crossed her arms in a huff, looking away from AJ. I-I just did it because I didn’t want either of you complainin’ about it later! Not l-like I care!

‘Awww, she’s blushin’ Twi,’ teased Applejack.

Am not!

Twilight enjoyed this strangely heartwarming scene, but that didn’t take away from the fact that their troubles had just reached a new level. Someone in the Organization knew who Twilight and Sunset were, and what’s worse, they knew who they hung out with and were not at all caring if it was a blatant and open attack.

‘Gaia, I think Sunset and Rainbow are in trouble. If what that person said is true, then both of them are in danger!’

Applejack’s expression grew serious. ‘That’s right, we need to get to them! Do ya mind stayin’ like this a bit longer?’

I don’t think we have to worry about them. Look.

Gaia pointed towards the sky. Applejack and Twilight followed the direction she pointed and gasped at what was descending towards them. Wings made of rainbow light, long flaming azure hair, and the symbol of Sunset’s mark on the chest plate of this winged woman. The blue flamed Firestorm landed with grace and delicacy, not breaking eye contact as she walked towards Gaia. The second Firestorm stood at least three feet away from her, the winged one only coming up to Gaia’s chest, making her have to look up to her.

The taller of the two crossed her arms in front of her chest and gave the smaller Firestorm an appraising look. Guessin’ you’re the other half then?

The winged Firestorm nodded. Yes I am, my name is Iris, nice to meet you uh…

Gaia. Hmm, for some reason I thought you’d be taller.

At that moment the astral projections of Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer appeared on either side of Iris, and at the same time, Applejack and Twilight appeared on either side of Gaia. All four gave each other looks of shock and awe.

‘Rainbow?!’

‘AJ?!’

‘Sunset?!’

‘Twilight?!’

‘What the heck happened to you?!’ They all asked in unison.

Oh no… Gaia groaned as her body shimmered.

Well it was fun meeting you, said Iris as her body glowed as well.

The two Firestorm fusions were engulfed in flames, Applejack and Rainbow Dash were thrown out of the flames and onto the ground. While the flames surrounding Twilight and Sunset changed back to their respective colors. When the flames died out, both girls were on the ground panting from the expenditure of energy from the fusions. Sunset looked to Twilight, and Twilight looked to Sunset. There was definitely more to this fusion ability than either of them first thought, and now they had to deal with disclosing some pertinent details with Rainbow and Applejack. Both girls, at that moment, had the same thought as they rubbed their heads.

I need an aspirin.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late update. :twilightblush:

PreviousChapters Next