• Published 3rd Feb 2015
  • 5,570 Views, 348 Comments

MLDC: Firestorm Crisis - Michael_Ravencroft



Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, total opposites, the bad girl, and the studious girl. But one fateful night will change everything for them, and quite possiblly the world.

  • ...
20
 348
 5,570

PreviousChapters Next
Entry 18: Plan(s) in Motion

Warning: Contains my poor attempt at writing a Siren song. You have been warned.

YEARS AGO...

It was a bright sunny day at the Junior Speedsters Track Camp. Many boys and girls who wanted to become future track and field stars came from all around Canterlot City, and some of the neighboring towns as well. The JSTC was renowned for its training regimen, as well as its ability to make such things fun for the kids. For one girl, it was a different story.

A young girl, all of eight or nine years of age, walked through the gates of JSTC, nervously clutching at her duffle bag full of clothes and essentials for her stay. She wore a good pair of running shoes, black mesh shorts, and a white t-shirt that had the JSTC logo on it. Her short, white feathery hair with light-purple edges on her bangs rustled in the wind. Her bronze skin glowed beautifully in the sun, and her eyes were a sharp yellow, but they were filled with such nervousness, like a kitten that had lost its way.

Unfortunately, this timid girl didn’t go unnoticed, despite how much she wished to have been. Three young boys spotted her, each of them had two stripes on the sleeves of their shirts, indicating the number of years they’ve been to the camp.

“Hey, lookie here boys, new meat! Hey new meat, what’s your name?”

The young girl put her duffle bag down and looked to each boy with the same timid expression. “M-My name is G-Gilda, and I’m new.”

“No duh,” interjected another boy.

“I-I was wondering where the counselors office was? I n-need to get assigned a bunk,” said Gilda.

“Tch, shows what you know. We assign the newbies a bunk! We’re the best and fastest of everyone here, so if you want to last long here, the first thing you need to do is learn that when we say jump, you ask how high.”

“Yeah, jump,” said another.

Gilda looked as if she was on the verge of breaking into a crying fit, not that that fazed either of the three boys in the slightest.

“HEY!”

Suddenly, a cyan girl came skidding across the concrete, her sneakers making a squeaking sound as she came to a stop, forcing the three boys to back away from Gilda. The girl, with rainbow colored hair, stood up and put herself between Gilda and the jerky boys.

“Dumbbell, you going around messing with the new guys, again?!”

“Stay out of it, Rainbow Crash, this ain’t none of your business,” warned Dumbbell.

“First: it’s Rainbow Dash, and second: it is my business when you pick on a girl. C’mon, three guys to scare one girl, jeez, look at the big tough Dumbbell and his gang. Why don’t you try and scare that guy instead!”

Rainbow pointed to another new kid, standing far bigger, and muscular than the others. He flexed his muscles for a few of the girls who took notice and gave a loud “YEAAAAH!” as he did so. Dumbbell and his two friends gulped, going as pale as the large boy, there was no way that that guy was the same age as the rest of them. Rainbow crossed her arms in front of her chest and gave them a cocky smirk.

“What’s the matter? Do need me to introduce you?” Rainbow turned to the muscled boy in the distance. “Hey, Bulk Biceps!”

“YEAAAAAH?”

“Ah screw this! Next time Dash!” Dumbbell warned.

The three jerky boys dashed away as fast as they could, causing Rainbow to laugh like crazy. “Never mind Bulk, sorry.”

“YEAAAAH.” Bulk replied.

Rainbow turned around and looked to Gilda. “Sorry about those guys. Dumbbell and his halfwits think they run the place ‘cause they think they’re faster than everyone else. They didn’t hurt you did they?”

Gilda blushed and shook her head. “N-No they didn’t, thank you.”

“No sweat.” Rainbow Dash held out her hand and smiled at Gilda. “Name’s Rainbow Dash, future track star and sports star of everything.”

Gilda gingerly reached out and shook Rainbow’s hand, taking note of her firm grip, which somehow chased away the nervousness she was feeling. “My name is Gilda, I’m from Griffon Stone, originally.”

“Oh yeah, I know that place, somewhere out near the mountains right? Man, you must have crazy good endurance and lungs from being around that place.”

Gild scratched the back of her head, feeling the blush on her face intensify from the insinuation. “I did a little mountain climbing with my folks and cousins, so yeah I guess.”

“Hey, did you learn the JSTC chant yet?” Rainbow asked.

“Oh, yes I did.”

Rainbow smirked again and took a step back, Gilda understood where this was going and did the same the same.

“Junior Speedsters is our lives, running fast, and jumping high! Junior Speedsters it’s our quest, to someday be the very best!”

“Hey, G? G!”

“Huh, what?!”

Gilda snapped out of her reminiscing, bringing her back to the bar the two of them were at. It was nighttime, and the two bad girls were out having a good time as per usual. Gilda was sitting at their usual table, along with Lightning Dust. Both of them were listening to a band that was playing up on stage, belting out rock music and lyrics that barely made sense.

“You spaced out, again, what’s up with you?” Lightning asked.

“Nothing’s ‘up’, just thinking about stuff,” said Gilda.

“What kind of stuff?”

“Just. Stuff. Lightning, now drop it.” Gilda huffed.

Lightning took a swig of her mug and smiled coyly at Gilda. “Hmm, could that stuff happen to be related to a certain girl with rainbow hair?”

“Lightning I swear to god if you mention her name –”

Lightning raised her hand up defensively. “Cool your jets, G. I know you’re still hung up on her.”

“Like you’re not either.”

Lightning shrugged, she didn’t deny it; she hated Rainbow Dash, even more than she did Sunset Shimmer. “At least I’m not the one banging me in order to, in some vicarious way, screw Dash.” Gilda shot Lightning a dangerous glare. “Not that I mind, really. It’s not like I’m in love with you or anything.”

Gilda rolled her eyes, Lightning’s crass and dirty way of talking when in places like this took some getting used to, walking a fine line between pissing Gilda off and just plain annoying. Still, she was a rowdy girl, and she liked having someone around who understood her. Being friends with benefits was just a plus.

“Anyway, yeah, I was thinking about Dash. About the first time I met her really.” Gilda admitted.

“Guessing that was a better time, considering you weren’t brooding when you were spacing.”

Gilda cracked a small smile. “Yeah, it was back when we were snot nosed kids. I was really different, a wimp, a loser. I met Dash, and then everything changed. I guess she rubbed off on me.”

“More like she rubbed on you.” Lightning commented.

“Ugh, does everything have to be a sexual innuendo with you?!”

“The whole world is one big sexual innuendo, if you want to get all Freudian about it.”

Gilda took a swig of her own drink and let out a sigh. “Tell me again why you dropped out of that Sports Program? ‘Cause I’m starting to think it was because of sexual harassment rather than what you told me.”

“Hah, I wish, at least then I could’ve said the other trainees were good at something. But no, Dash, as always, manages to screw up another life. Just because I like to push myself to the limit and make the rest of those wimps look pathetic, doesn’t mean it’s ‘dangerous’. Sheesh, damn little goodie-two-shoes.”

The music stopped and the band that was onstage bowed and left. Gilda sighed heavily. “Finally, maybe the next ones will sound better.”

“Or sing a song that actually makes sense.”

Suddenly the stage lights blacked out, causing the other patrons to murmur and groan in annoyance at the darker than usual setting. But before any tiffs were started the lights sprang back to life, illuminating the stage. Upon it stood three girls, each of them no older than Gilda and Lightning.

“Hello everyone, we’re so glad you get to be our audience tonight. I’m Adagio Dazzle, the bubbly thing to my left is Sonata Dusk, and the grumpy one to my right is Aria Blaze. My girls and I would like to dedicate this song to two special ladies in the house tonight. We hope you enjoy it,” said the curly haired girl in the middle.

She then winked in Gilda and Lightning’s direction, making both girls look at each other in confusion.

“Did that chick just wink at us? And make a song declaration to us, too?” Gilda asked.

“Nah, gotta be some other girls in here. But, I gotta say, I’m digging the hips on that one,” said Lightning with a lascivious smile.

“You really need to get your head out of the gutter.”

“♪ Haaaaa~ Aaaaaha~ Haaaaah~ Haaaaa~ Aaaaaha~ Aaaaaah~ ♪”

“♪ Haaaaa~ Aaaaaha~ Haaaaah~ Haaaaa~ Aaaaaha~ Aaaaaah~ ♪”

“♪ Haaaaa~ Aaaaaha~ Haaaaah~ Haaaaa~ Aaaaaha~ Aaaaaah~ ♪”

The moment their voices echoed out the attention of every person in the room was trained on the trio, yet, for some reason, Gilda and Lightning didn’t seem as attentive, but they did notice the haunting melody. Adagio took center stage as Sonata and Aria sang backup, swaying rhythmically to their song.

“♪ Listen to our voices, the echo of our song~ ♪”

“♪ You’ll never be alone~ ♪”

“♪ Bonds once forged are now long gone~ ♪”

“♪ Fickle be the heart~ ♪”

“♪ Bred in love, raised with care, but yoooou must…beware~ ♪”

“♪ Betrayal, deception, and despair~ ♪”

“♪ Take care, take heed, of those around you~
Their turncoat deeds will confound you~
Pretty words are not enough~
Now it’s time, let’s get rough~ ♪”

Suddenly, the entire room was swaying to the song, as if caught in some hypnotic trance, but Gilda and Lightning were a different story. Their minds started to replay memories of their past, more specifically, ones pertaining to Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer. Gilda grabbed her head, feeling the rush of memories bombard her mind, the warm feelings of the past memories with Rainbow Dash had left, leaving only hate and bitterness.

Old wounds were reopened as Lightning Dust recalled, in vivid detail, her disgrace at Rainbow’s hands, getting thrown out because she was the best and went to limits that the others weren’t willing to. Rainbow came in and did that, she was weak, so she sided with the other weaklings. They could’ve been the best of the best of everything, but in the end she chose the weaklings over her.

And Sunset Shimmer, the girl who they thought was their friend, joined in a mutual wanting of power and strength, in the end she too betrayed them. Throwing them away like a disposable paper cup, and for a nerd at that; a nerd who cost Sunset the thing she wanted, and offered to get back at for her. And what does Sunset Shimmer do? She fights them, all to protect the very person she said she despised.

Ungrateful, uncaring, two faced, they spurned their friendships, they toyed with their emotions. No more, they had it. At that moment, their concentration was broken as they heard approaching footsteps. Both Gilda and Lightning looked up and saw Adagio coming towards them. She sauntered, swaying her hips seductively as she got closer and closer to the two girls. Looking into her violet eyes entranced them.

Sonata and Aria kept the melody going, dancing with each other. Aria, used one arm and brought Sonata close to her, their hips pressed together firmly. Sonata never lost the tone or rhythm of the melody, having grown used to Aria getting handsy while they sang, and honestly she liked it.

Aria then brought Sonata closer, their eyes locking with the others’. Aria then dipped Sonata, while Sonata curled one of her legs in, prompting Aria to use the other hand to hold said leg with it. Sonata brought the mike she was using between them, making sure their melody kept booming through the speakers.

Adagio was sitting on the edge of the table, with her back to Gilda and Lightning. She glanced over her shoulder to both girls, giving them a smoldering smile. “Do you two want to get back at those who have hurt you?

“W-What?” Lightning asked, suddenly flustered.

The two girls who hurt you, emotionally and physically, they tugged at your heartstrings, and made false promises, and in the end you believed their lies, allowing them stomp on your friendships and any chance at something more,” said Adagio, her voice still carrying its powerful, soothing, and hypnotic tone.

“Y-Yes, them…they…wait…” Gilda shook her head a bit, feeling like her mind was in a dense fog.

Adagio smiled, impressed that someone could at this point make an attempt at breaking their spell with willpower alone. But, willpower could only count for so much. Adagio got up from the table and stood next to Gilda, she ran a finger up from her neck, following the jawline until her finger rested gently on Gilda’s lips, silencing her protests.

“♪ Hear me girl, it’s power you desire~
And I have that which you require~ ♪”

“♪ Forged in fiiiiiirrrrrre~ ♪”

Without knowing, two capsules containing fireballs appeared on the table. Lightning gazed upon the one before her, eyes transfixed on the orb of power. Gilda’s eyes briefly broke contact with Adagio’s to see the capsule, but with a gentle push her gaze was brought back to the girl in front of her.

“♪ Now my dear, do not fear
Unlock the tempest deep inside~ ♪”

“♪ A raging stooooorm~ ♪”

“♪ Now listen closely, this word I will confide… ♪” Adagio leaned forward and kissed the finger she still had pressed against Gilda’s lips, making it into an indirect kiss. She then leaned forward and to Gilda’s left ear. “♪ …… Firestorm~ ♪”

Adagio’s word echoed, but only Gilda and Lightning could hear it. Unconsciously, Gilda placed her hand on the capsule, and so too did Lightning Dust. The orbs within glowed brighter as if responding to their touch. Adagio left Gilda and made her way back to Sonata and Aria who had separated happily upon seeing their leader return. Once joined on the stage, Sonata and Aria slid down, wrapping the arm opposite the one holding the mike around each of Adagio’s slender legs.

The two Sirens posed there, keeping their eyes now locked with Gilda and Lightning Dust. Adagio reached out a hand as if beckoning them to her, and at that moment the ruby necklaces of the three Sirens thrummed with power.

“♪ Say the word~ ♪”

“♪ Say it loud~ ♪”

The orbs glowed brighter and brighter, Gilda and Lightning’s lips trembled as they uttered the word.

FIRESTORM!!!

FIRESTORM!!!

LATER…

The Sirens had left their newest toys to figure out their powers after they left the bar, thankfully they knew it wouldn’t take Gilda and Lightning Dust long to understand how to use them, considering the spell also imbued them with the knowledge of how to use the Firestorm powers.

It had taken some time for the three of them to find out who she was, this Sunset Shimmer. A girl who somehow appeared out of thin air one day and attended a local high school, by all accounts and purposes that was odd. They also found out that she was quite the little hell raiser at her school, practically ruling it with an iron fist. Negative energy hung in the air around her, despite its outwardly positive nature. It didn’t take long for them to find those two girls, Gilda and Lightning Dust.

Their combined dislike of Sunset Shimmer and another girl lead Sirens right to them, and from there, they concocted a little plan to see if this Sunset Shimmer was indeed a denizen of their world.

Currently, Aria was doing a little pacing back and forth in the middle of the penthouse living room, while Adagio sat down and Sonata rested her head on the lead Siren’s lap as she watched.

“Do you really think this’ll beat them?” Aria asked.

“Honestly, no, but after what we saw, I think we may’ve found what we’ve been looking for.”

“Yeah, that was totally Equestrian magic back there when they turned into that wicked hot she-devil! I still don’t get it, I thought we were the only hippocampi banished by Star Swirl?”

Adagio began petting the blue Siren on the head, causing Sonata to coo with enjoyment. “As far as we knew, no others of our kind attempted what we did. And besides, that magic didn’t feel like ours does. No, if I had to compare it, I’d say it was closer to that of Star Swirl, unicorn Equestrian magic.”

Aria plopped herself on the adjacent couch across from Adagio and Sonata. “If that’s true then how long has she been here?! She looks as old as we are!”

“Careful Aria, we may look the same in age, but we are hundreds of years old. For all we know the magical spell or portal she used to come here might’ve changed her into…this,” Adagio gestured to her body, “ the same way it did us, and if that is indeed the case, then she may indeed be older than she lets on. Although, I don’t think she’s as old as us.”

“Well, we could always ask her,” said Sonata.

“Oh sure, that’ll go over well. Hi Sunset Shimmer, we’re a trio of hippocampi sirens who wreaked havoc and wrought chaos on your land and people a long time ago, and banished here because of it. Say, you wouldn’t happen to know a way back to Equestria? We’re homesick and would really love to go back! Pfft, as if.”

Sonata crossed her arms and puffed out her cheeks in a pouty face. “It was just a suggestion.”

“It’s not a terribly bad idea.” Adagio noted. “We’ll need to gauge that girl’s power, this Sunset Shimmer, if she’s the real deal and not some human that somehow tapped into Equestrian magic, then we’ll make our move. Our new ‘friend’s’ actions will help in that department.”

“Do you think Dusky will get angry when he finds out what we did with those Protocols?” Sonata asked in a playful tone.

“If he does, there ain’t no one who can tell him otherwise, and to be honest eff him,” said Aria with a cocky smirk.

Adagio giggled, she could tell this latest development for them was raising their spirits. At long last they had a chance to regain true Equestrian magical power, and a chance go back home. And with the power they wielded now, there was no doubt that nopony, not even Star Swirl the Bearded, who could stop them. Dare she say it, they could even take on the sisters of the sun and moon, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

Such possibilities burned in Adagio’s head, sending her heart aflutter with everything they could do. It was then that Adagio slammed the breaks, she needed to reign that enthusiasm and ambition in, after all, it was because of those two that caused her oversight and underestimating of a single unicorn’s magical power. But now she was really excited after thinking about all of it.

“Aaaah~” Sonata squeaked.

Adagio looked down and saw that her hand had snaked somewhere close to the border. Sonata looked up at her with a blushing expression. Aria was blushing as well, her knee tapping up and down as if trying to stave off her more primal urges.

“In the bedroom, NOW!” Adagio ordered.

A FEW DAYS AGO…

The Sirens and Dusk Shine couldn’t believe what they had witnessed, even less what they saw afterwards. The Sirens sensed the power of magic at work, and the intense negative emotional energy that was laced within it. The Sirens were able to track them, even after teleportation, and under Dusk Shine’s orders, brought them to where they were to appear.

The four of them arrived just a couple of seconds after the fused Firestorm did. They watched as the creature wailed and shrieked, making even Dusk Shine’s blood run cold from the inhuman sounds coming from the demoness. The four witnessed something else, the demoness Firestorm was suddenly engulfed in flames. The flames became two different colored flames and then split apart.

Dusk Shine and the Sirens saw this as an opportunity, soon they’d be able to take the two halves of the Firestorm Matrix and all their plans would be set in motion. But, the moment the flames separated, they died out and revealed the bearers of the Matrix.

The Sirens eyes widened, watching as the girl with fiery hair hand glowed. It wasn’t the normal glow of the Firestorm atomic power, it was something greatly familiar to them and deeply nostalgic. They weren’t sure before, but now they were, it was magic. It was Equestrian magical energy, Adagio, Aria, and Sonata trembled with happiness, this was something they had long awaited to feel again, and now it was right there before them.

However, something else was of more concern to Dusk Shine. His eyes were squarely fixed on the second girl, the color of her skin and hair, and this strange sensation within the core of his being, something similar to familiarity. Dusk Shine’s eyes widened when he saw the face of the girl, making him take a step back in shock.

“Sir, we-we should –!”

“Fallback!” Dusk Shine interrupted, cutting off Adagio.

“Sir, you can’t be serious?!” Adagio asked.

Dusk Shine turned to the lead Siren, eyes narrowed in a glare that could make Death itself tremble in fear. “I said: fallback!”

The Sirens felt a chill run up their spines from that glare, but nonetheless they obeyed his command. The four of them retreated some distance away, finding their own clearing far from where their quarry was. Dusk Shine was pacing back and forth, and the Sirens were growing anxious. Their possible ticket back home was just a few yards away from them, and they were just standing here waiting for the order of this human. Although, to be fair, this particular human seemed a little…on edge, and by a “little” I mean a lot.

“She’s alive, I don’t…She’s alive!” Dusk Shine ranted.

“Um, Sir, not that I’m saying you don’t have a good reason to have us pullback, but why exactly –?” Suddenly, Dusk Shine moved with a speed that was so swift that it took Sonata and Aria five seconds too long to fully grasp the movement.

Dusk was now holding Adagio by the collar of her shirt, clenching his fists around it tightly as he brought the lead Siren close to him. “What was that they just used?! It was magic wasn’t it?! And that girl, those two girls, what does she have to do with this?!”

“D-Director Dusk Shine…! Control yourself…!” Adagio urged with a strained voice.

“Dagi!!!” Sonata cried.

“Let her go!!!” Aria warned as she readied to fight.

Dusk Shine turned to Aria, shooting her that same glare from before, and making the purple Siren’s resolve waver. He turned and gave Sonata the same glare, making doubly sure not to forget the seemingly airheaded member of their trio. Once assured that Sonata and Aria wouldn’t make a move he turned his attention back to Adagio.

“It…It was magic, I’d know it anywhere…! But, Director, I don’t know who either of them are…!” Adagio answered.

Dusk Shine hoisted Adagio into the air, keeping her suspended three feet off the ground as his knuckles dug into her throat, pressing against her airway. “I don’t get it, not at all! She should be dead! And the appearance of magic in the Matrix was never a part of Neigh’s research!”

“D-Director,” begged Adagio.

Dusk Shine snapped out of his rage and dropped Adagio, unceremoniously, back to the ground. She plopped onto her rear, Adagio took in deep gasping breathes as she coughed from nearly being choked to death. Sonata and Aria quickly made their way to Adagio, kneeling on either side of her to offer her what comfort they could. Dusk Shine’s gaze turned towards the direction his originator was at, fixing it with a steely glare as he did so.

“None of you are to speak a word of what you saw here tonight, as far as anyone knows, you lost track of it, the situation was too unknown to risk engagement or surveillance. Understood?!”

Sonata and Aria had angered looks on their faces, ready to strike Dusk Shine now that his back was turned, but Adagio placed her hands on either Siren’s shoulder, prompting them to stand down.

“Understood, Director Shine.”

ORGANIZATION BASE GAMMA…

Dusk Shine was in his personal laboratory. On a wall were pictures of the girl from whose genes he was spawned from. Dusk had hacked numerous databases, using the image of his “older sister” to verify what he saw that night.

Now, he found out who she was. Through some cross-referencing, computer aging software, and a procurement of some digital birth and adoption records, Dusk concluded that this girl, “Twilight Sparkle”, was in fact the same. Dusk had to sit down as he took this all in. Professor Neigh lied to him, she wasn’t dead. She was alive! Alive and attending a school called Canterlot High School, a straight A student at that! And she was living with an adopted mother and father, along with an adopted older brother.

“Why…Why do you look just like Twilight?!”

“Dammit!” Dusk cursed. “I thought that soldier was just confused upon seeing me. But now, now I understand. He was surprised to see me, someone who looked like…like her! Damn you Neigh, you lied to me! T…Twilight…my sister…she could hold the key to saving my life! You knew where she was this whole time you bastard!”

Dusk Shine rose up and began smashing his fists against the wall where the pictures and reports were all tacked on.

“You knew, you knew, you knew, you knew!!! You were just going to let me die! What makes her so special! Huh?! Tell me what makes her so frickin’ special that her life’s worth protecting over mine?!!!”

Dusk Shine stopped his strikes. The skin around his knuckles was torn and bled from the repeated strikes, but within seconds atomic rings formed around his hands. The flesh mended and the bleeding stopped, along with the pain, leaving Dusk Shine’s hand undamaged. He had to calm down, to suppress the thoughts and desires to hunt down Twilight Sparkle, and torture her in ways that would make even the most brutal terrorist retch in disgust. But he wouldn’t, he couldn’t, because the simple fact remained.

“I need her.”

Yes, he needed Twilight alive, alive to harvest her genes and find a way to stop his deteriorating telomeres, alive to extract the Firestorm Matrix within her and the other girl, alive so that he could discern the mystery behind their fusion. Despite what Dusk Shine was taught, he knew what he saw. The power they wielded was both the Firestorm Matrix and magic. He knew it the moment the jewels on the Sirens’ necklaces glowed without them wielding their power.

“Could it be…?” Dusk Shine went to his computer, looking back on old data concerning the Firestorm Matrix. “That day, I knew I wasn’t mistaken, there was two of them! That means…” Dusk looked back to the wall and grinned. “Oh now this, this is interesting.”

Dusk Shine waved his hands, giving the cameras a simple command to turn off. Once they did, Dusk moved towards a more secluded part of his lab. There was a chamber before him with a keypad, he pressed a few buttons on the pad a small opening appeared. Light poured out from the chamber, making him smile wickedly.

“Looks like I’ll have to accelerate my time table.”

Author's Note:

The Dazzlings vector was created by: PrensesMelodiAhenk

PreviousChapters Next