• Published 3rd Feb 2015
  • 5,602 Views, 348 Comments

MLDC: Firestorm Crisis - Michael_Ravencroft



Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, total opposites, the bad girl, and the studious girl. But one fateful night will change everything for them, and quite possiblly the world.

  • ...
20
 348
 5,602

PreviousChapters Next
Entry 35: Back Home

Adagio was sitting around the lavish penthouse that she and her Siren sisters had “borrowed”, dressed only her bathrobe after having another wild romp with Sonata and Aria. Earlier today Adagio had gotten a call from Dusk Shine about Miser taking the Protocols and transforming himself into a behemoth monster of a Firestorm. Adagio had been watching the events unfold from the news reports, those few humans who were either brazen enough, or stupid enough to stick close enough to the city to capture footage of the fight.

From what she was able to see, Sunset Shimmer’s magic had seemed to have grown more powerful within the recent week, add to the fact that they somehow lost track of her for that period of time, but apparently whatever she was doing had increased her magical power. However, it was unknown just how much stronger she could be from just what she saw on television.

“Interesting, may have to pay her a visit soon,” said Adagio.

The alpha Siren turned her head when she heard yawning coming from behind her. There she saw Aria and Sonata groggily walking out of the bedroom. Adagio chuckled when she saw that Aria was wearing her bra and panties, knowing her she just grabbed the first pair closest to her or as some kinky way of arousing their alpha. Sonata had managed to get her robe on, but left it loosely open, typical of the airheaded girl.

“You’re up already? I would’ve thought you two would still be asleep until noon.”

“Couldn’t sleep…” Aria answered.

“No Dagi to snuggle…I want to snuggle Dagi,” said Sonata, half asleep.

Adagio couldn’t help but chuckle at her lovers, she motioned for them to join her and join her they did. Sonata to Adagio’s right, already curling up next to the puffy haired immortal and resting her head on Adagio’s shoulder. Aria plopped down next to her as well, arms crossed as she simply leaned up against Adagio. The lead Siren draped an arm around both girls, which brought a noticeable smile to their faces. Yes, they would bicker and insult each other from time to time, but it was all words at the end of the day, for all they had was each other and that bond could not be broken.

“So what’s going on?” Aria asked.

“Miser engaged in some rather dangerous gambit in using the Firestorm Protocols, Dusk Shine alerted me and told me to be wary and prepared to take action should he be coming for us all,” said Adagio.

At first Aria was about to spring to her feet and start yelling about why they hadn’t left, hidden, or even gone after the old man. But when she saw that Adagio wasn’t panicked, she halted those thoughts. “Is he dead then?”

“Yep, more than likely he’s been dispatched, but, I’ve felt a strong surge in magical power lately. Whether that’s from our little Sunny is a different story, but I believe she may have an idea as to what the surge was,” said Adagio.

Aria looked upon Adagio with curiosity. “You still think she can get us back home?”

“I do, she’s the only ray of hope we’ve had in a long time, and recent events have gotten me thinking we need to be more proactive,” said Adagio.

“‘Proactive’?”

“Dagi means that with all the craziness going on, we may be better off protecting her from Dusk Shine and the Organization,” said Sonata.

Aria looked to the youngest Siren in shock at what she had just said, Adagio on the other hand smiled and petted Sonata on the head, earning a smile from the blue Siren. “Oh Sona, what a sharp mind you have, it’s quite sexy.”

Sonata giggled and nuzzled closer to Adagio.

“Seriously, you want to protect her?!” Aria asked.

“She gave us the knowledge of the statue, the portal back. But from her explanation she doesn’t have the power necessary to make it open and connect it back to Equestria. However, if she has gotten stronger, then it may not be out of the question to push her along to tap into more of that power, but that won’t happen if Dusk or those Organization fogeys kill her,” said Adagio.

Aria grumbled and pouted. “I can’t believe you trust her to help us.”

“I don’t.” Adagio cupped Aria’s chin and brought her face to face, making the magenta Siren blush from the intimidating look in Adagio’s eyes. “I doubt she will fully cooperate with us, and if that’s the case, we’ll simply drain her of all her magical power. With that much power, along with our Firestorm powers, we should have more than enough to punch a hole straight into Equestria, and then we’ll have more than enough to take over.”

Aria’s smile widened. “I love it when you backstab like that.”

Adagio smiled and kissed Aria on the lips, parting for a moment to look at her eyes lustfully. “I think we need another round.”

“I’m game,” said Sonata.

CANTERLOT CITY, ONE DAY LATER…

Sunset and Twilight finally arrived back home after deciding to take a day off to collect their thoughts and take in everything that was revealed to them, with Twilight inadvertently crashing at Sunset’s apartment since it was pretty much a hidden location from Twilight’s parents as well their friends.

Once they had rested, they called up the girls and arranged a meeting at Rarity’s shop to go over what had happened during their “quest for enlightenment” and the subsequent battle that occurred in Baltimare.

They had all gathered in Rarity’s workroom, standing in a semicircle as Twilight and Sunset regaled them with the emotional journey of the chakras and their battle with Titannus. The pair did get a round of gasps when they told them of Nu Firestorm and that Shining Armor and Professor Neigh were, for lack of a better term, trapped inside of him.

“So, are you going to tell Cadance at least?” Rainbow asked.

“Not yet, because telling her that would mean telling her about…well…this.” Twilight created a sphere of condensed magical energy, she quickly closed her hand and snuffed the orb out.

“And the whole, you know, Twilight was made by an evil group of people hell bent on causing as much war and strife to line their pockets, thing,” added Sunset.

The group of girls frowned a little.

“Well, that would be a hard pill to swallow, but otherwise, if I may say, it looks as if you two are much better,” said Rarity.

Twilight and Sunset glanced to each other and blushed a little, causing the fashionista to giggle excitedly that the couple had made amends. After coming to accept Sunset Shimmer as part of their group, and after the announcement of their being an item, she found their relationship, in her words, “simply adorable”. So hearing that the two of them were now in a better place made her even happier.

Rainbow Dash came up beside Sunset and padded her on the shoulder, and brought up her right fist. Sunset smirked and fist bumped her rival in love, happy to see that they were able to make up. For Rainbow, Twilight being happy was what she wanted, despite the fact that she wished it was her who had made her happy, Sunset wasn’t that bad a choice.

The prismatic girl then playfully elbowed Sunset in the rips and jokingly asked, “So, did you two get it on in the woods?”

Applejack smacked her forehead and groaned, Fluttershy “eeped” and blushed, Rarity balked, and Pinkie Pie had this strange Cheshire cat grin going on.

“Rainbow Dash! Honestly, that’s not only crude, but also quite rude!” Rarity chided.

“What, I was just joking around,” said Rainbow Dash in her defense.

“Actually, yeah, we did,” said Sunset.

“Did what?” Rainbow asked.

“Twilight, in the woods.”

The silence was so prominent that one could hear a pin drop, or even the wingbeat of a butterfly. Sunset was blushing despite having admitted that, and Twilight was no better, her face red as a tomato. Normally she’d be a little peeved that her girlfriend just outed about their first time, but at this point she expected such things from Sunset, after all, this was her Sunset.

“S-S-Seriously?!” Rainbow asked in utter shock.

Twilight nodded sheepishly, but managed to punch Sunset in the arm, earning a light chuckle from the crass girl.

“Um…uh…well, Ah’ll be damned,” said Applejack, dumbfounded.

“Oh my,” said Fluttershy, her face almost as red as Twilight’s.

Pinkie Pie on the other hand quickly rushed forward and enveloped both girls in a near bone crushing hug. Even though they have suffered worse at the hands of other Firestorms, in human form, it was very effective at nearly crushing them. “I knew it! I knew it, I knew it!”

“Pardon?” Rarity asked.

“Well, a couple of days ago my Pinkie Sense went off and it was a doozy! I didn’t know exactly what it was, but it was something really important and was connected to Sunset and Twilight, and strangely something intimately cute! And I was right, oooh! I totally have to throw you a ‘We Lost Our V-Cards” party!”

Twilight quirked an eyebrow at that. “‘V-card’?”

Applejack face palmed herself, along with Sunset and Rainbow Dash, Rarity just shook her head in dismay.

“Ya don’t know what a ‘V-Card’ is?” Applejack asked.

Twilight shook her head, but apparently she wasn’t alone.

Fluttershy raised her hand and gently spoke, “Um, I-I don’t know what that means, either.”

Sunset and Rainbow Dash looked to each other and sighed.

“C’mere Twi,” said Sunset.

“Shy, let’s talk,” said Rainbow Dash.

Both went with their respective girls and whispered into their ears, their voices going through various tones of “Oh” and ending with both Twilight and Fluttershy even redder than before.

“Okay, so anyone else get it on while we were away?” Sunset asked with a chuckle.

To the surprise of most in the room, Applejack’s hand rose up.

“I swear I was kidding!” Sunset added.

“Wow…um…wow…Who’s the lucky guy?” Rainbow asked.

“Weren’t a guy,” answered Applejack.

“What?” Rainbow asked.

“Don’t start that again, Dash!” Sunset warned.

There was a pensive look on Applejack’s face, her hands were gripping the hem of her denim skirt, hard. Honesty was a part of her personal code, and her moral fiber. Something like this was personal, but it wasn’t her truth to tell, especially when it involved another friend. Applejack managed to glance at Rarity, the fashionista glanced back, noticing how tense AJ was. With a sigh, Rarity placed her hand over Applejack’s left, making the farm girl relax a bit.

The look in Rarity’s eyes was one of seeking permission, and with a slight amount of reluctance, Applejack nodded.

“Applejack and I spent the night together a couple of days ago, and not very much in the platonic sense,” said Rarity.

The silence returned again.

Twilight had to sit down, along with Sunset and Fluttershy at hearing this news. They never took Applejack as being one to make a fuss about someone swinging the other way, but they didn’t think she’d swing that way.

“What the hell!? How long has this been going on?!” Rainbow asked, partly peeved that one of her best friends was the same as her.

“Not very long, it’s just, with Sunset and Twilight, and then findin’ out about you Dash, it just got me thinkin’ some thoughts. Thoughts that weren’t lettin’ go until Ah knew…until Ah knew what it was like!” Applejack tensed again. “Call me whatever ya like, but Ah was just curious and then…”

“And then I asked if Applejack wanted to explore this side of herself with me. It was mostly coincidence that it happened when we she came over, nothing was planned.” Rarity interjected.

Rainbow Dash was running her hands through her hair as she tried to make sense of this, questioning her own gay-dar at this point. “So…you two are dating now?! I thought you both liked boys?!”

“We do,” said both girls in unison.

“Don’t misunderstand, I fully intend on finding my prince charming. However, I’m not unopposed to seeking a potential romantic relationship with someone I trust, and Applejack is one I trust wholeheartedly.”

“Fer me, Ah guess Ah’m explorin’ – if that’s the right word? Fer right now we agreed to just see where this goes, nothin’ big to do about it, we agreed to still stay friends,” said Applejack confidently.

Pinkie Pie leaned in close to Sunset and whispered. “Friends with benefits~”

This caused Sunset to snort with contained laughter.

Twilight stood up and approached Applejack, smiling at her kindly. “Believe me, I understand, I was wrestling with these thoughts myself. But don’t let them consume you, otherwise, you may lose out on something potentially wonderful. Besides, there’s no law saying you can’t like both boys and girls.”

“Thanks, Twi,” said Applejack.

Quick as lightning, Rainbow Dash gently removed Twilight from her standing position and moved her to the left and put herself in front of AJ. The rainbow haired girl gave the farm girl a stern look, making Applejack gulp. “You, and me, we’re going to have a long talk at my place.” She then looked to Rarity. “Do you mind if I borrow her for one night?”

Rarity, reflexively, coiled her arms around Applejack’s left arm. “Sorry Rainbow Dash, I’d rather not make Applejack a toy that we can pass back and forth.” In a rather unexpected maneuver, Rarity reached out with her left hand placed a finger under Rainbow’s chin. “However, if you ask, maybe we may allow for a one time exception for all three of us.”

Sunset cleared her throat and pulled at the collar of her shirt, suddenly feeling a little hot at the moment. Twilight gave Sunset a little jab in the ribs with her elbow, blushing in a bit of jealousy that her girlfriend was actually looking hot under the collar.

“And with that established, we must prepare, even if this Organization is after us all, that’s no excuse to keep us all from living our lives. Most particularly, the Spring Fling!” Rarity gushed. “Now, Sunset, I will need you to stay a little while so that I might get more accurate measurements. Applejack has been a good stand in but I’d rather be sure.”

Sunset sighed. “I thought you were a genius with fashion, plus, I thought you had all of our measurements already.”

Rarity released Applejack and strode over to her work table, already gathering her equipment and supplies. “I do, but you, not so much Darling. This will be the first dress I’ve ever made you, and I won’t have you in anything but my best.”

Sunset hesitated. “But…”

“No buts!” Rarity said with finality.

The fiery haired girl ran her hand through her long hair and sighed in defeat. “Guess I’ll be awhile, Sparky, you might want to head on home.”

“It’s fine, I’ll wait, outside,” said Twilight with a smile.

“Ugh, I gotta go home, my brain hurts after hearing all this,” said Rainbow Dash as she trudged through the door.

“Same here, I need to go apple buck just to get relaxed,” added Applejack she left as well.

“I’m totally going to get to work on that “‘We Lost Our V-Cards’ party! Bye!” Pinkie Pie then zoomed out of the room and past AJ and Rainbow, with the dreading notion that she was one-hundred percent serious about that party.

“Um, Twilight, can I talk to you privately? Outside?” Fluttershy asked.

“Sure.”

“Feel free to make yourselves at home Darlings. Now then…Miss Shimmer.”

Sunset looked back at Rarity, who was now donned in her signature red pointed glasses, and holding measuring tape in both hands. She then pulled it taut, making it snap like a whip, which echoed loudly for some odd reason, and made Sunset flinch.

“Do please strip down, I need to be very accurate.”

“Oh buck me…”

Fluttershy led Twilight to one of Rarity’s spare rooms, having had spent time over at her shop, she was well aware of each room and what was in them. She closed the door behind her and motioned for Twilight to sit down on the bed.

“You can come out now,” said Fluttershy.

Suddenly the room was filled with barking as Spike sped out from under the bed, slightly startling Twilight, but once she saw the familiar purple fur, she sat back down and held out her arms. Spike jumped up and into Twilight’s arms, licking her face in joy at seeing her again.

“O-Okay, Spike, I missed you too!” Twilight giggled.

“Spike, I think it’s time you told her.”

Spike stopped licking Twilight’s face and looked back at Fluttershy with uncertainty. Twilight for her part was confused. “Is there something wrong with Spike, Fluttershy?”

“Not exactly, but I think it’s better if he told you,” said Fluttershy.

Twilight looked to Spike, for a moment the puppy dog didn’t make eye contact her, but after a few more seconds, Spike gave a light sigh and looked up to Twilight. “I can talk, Twilight.”

For a moment, Twilight’s brain shut down, and then rebooted. “Okay, clearly my recent ordeals have taken their toll on me, as I am now hearing and seeing Spike, my dog, talk.”

“It’s not your head Twi, I can really talk,” said Spike.

3…2…1.

“AAAAAHH!” Twilight screamed as she accidentally tossed Spike into the air.

Fluttershy held out her arms, expecting that to happen, and caught Spike before he could hit the ground. Twilight disappeared in a flash of rosy-violet and reappeared in a far corner of the room.

“Okay, that’s – I mean – how – WHAT?!” Twilight babbled. She then looked to Fluttershy. “H-H-How long have you known?!”

“Um, well I just recently found out while you asked me to take care of him,” said Fluttershy in a calm and kind tone.

“B-B-But how come you’re not freaking out?!”

Fluttershy blushed. “Um, well, I’ve always wished I could understand animals, not just emotionally, but also hear them voice their concerns and what they’re thinking. So when Spike spoke for the first time, I was startled, but I was more excited than anything!”

Of course, an animal lover like Fluttershy would take something like this in stride! After all, my dog talks now! This is my life, my weird, magical life, thought Twilight.

“Twilight…do you, do you hate me?” Spike asked.

After getting over the initial shock, Twilight took a moment to really look at Spike. His eyes were watery, and his ears dropped, even his tail ceased to wag. It dawned on Twilight how her reaction made him feel, and after shoving aside the uneasiness of the situation, she walked up to Fluttershy and held out her arms.

Fluttershy gently gave Spike to Twilight and hugged him close to her. “Never, I could never hate you, Spike! I love you, and you’ve helped me so many ways through my life, you talking will never change that! I’m…I’m sorry about how I reacted earlier.”

Spike smiled and nuzzled Twilight’s with his own. “It’s alright, I’m just happy you’re back.”

“But why can you talk? I mean, it isn’t really a bad thing, but how?”

“Don’t know really, I just sorta started to pick up on how you and the girls talk, I guess it really started around that day when you weren’t with Sunset as much. You remember, when you were really sad and some bad things happened?”

Twilight wracked her brain as she recalled the last weeks, which had been quite hectic. But then it clicked. “Hel, after Sunset and I fused into Hel, it unlocked my own magical abilities, and somehow it caused you to be able to talk just by being near me?!”

Spike shrugged.

“Does…Does that mean the girls and I are going to change too?” Fluttershy asked.

Twilight ran a hand through her hair, struggling to comprehend this new development. “Ugh, I don’t know! I didn’t exactly have handle on my magic, despite not using it, I may have been leaking out an excess amount of magical energy because of my inexperience in its use! Sunset was born in a world filled with it, I’ll have to talk to her later about this…Oh I’m so sorry…I keep trying not put you all in harm’s way, and here I am passively harming you without even knowing!”

Fluttershy walked up to Twilight and placed her hand over Twilight’s left. “It’s not your fault Twilight, all of this happening is not something you wished for, but if there's one thing I know, it’s that something as wonderful as the power you and Sunset have can’t be harmful, I can feel it.”

Twilight smiled warmly at Fluttershy, she was always amazed at how kind this girl was. Some may see it as a weakness, but honestly, after all the pain and destruction the Organization has caused, a bit of kindness could heal that if the world was willing. “Thank you, Fluttershy.”

“No problem, Twilight.” At this point, Fluttershy began to blush a little. “Um, if you don’t mind me asking, how’s Treesy doing?”

“C’mon, I’ll tell you, and you little mister, we have a lot to talk about too.”

“Cool! Does this mean I can eat the table now?!” Spike asked.

“Uh…We’ll have to break the news of a talking dog to my parents first.”

PreviousChapters Next