• Published 3rd Feb 2015
  • 5,585 Views, 348 Comments

MLDC: Firestorm Crisis - Michael_Ravencroft



Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, total opposites, the bad girl, and the studious girl. But one fateful night will change everything for them, and quite possiblly the world.

  • ...
20
 348
 5,585

PreviousChapters Next
Entry 27: Blessings

The air was crisp and clean, but then again, such was the case when far from the city. The birds chirped and tweeted, the critters scurried about and grazed upon the fertile land, and the majestic mountain range painted a magnificent backdrop on the whole scene. Yes, this would be quite the beauteous sight, if not for the black asphalt road that cut through it. This stretch of road led from the city to the depths of Whitetail Wood, which, a little further beyond, was a part of the forest that remained untouched and free from human interference.

Some say it was part of an EPA bylaw, others say it was to preserve the natural beauty for the city, and yet others claim that it was dangerous to try. Legend spoke of it, the native people to this area had called that forbidden part of the forest, the Everfree. But thankfully our focus is not on this portion of the woods, no, our focus is on the loud noise coming down the road.

Sunset’s bike whirred, echoing through the quiet wood of the forest. Behind her was Twilight, holding onto Sunset’s waist as the two of them sped down the road. The two of them agreed to meet Fluttershy’s friend, and thankfully said friend was more than happy to help them. Apparently this friend lived off the beaten path, within the woods themselves. Sunset and Twilight didn’t know whether this was a good thing or a bad thing, but hopefully things would make sense once they arrived.

They had contemplated going Firestorm and flying to the location, but decided against it should the Organization, or the Sirens, be watching and waiting. So Sunset decided on heading to the location via her bike, making it a bit of a road trip for the both of them. Sunset wasn’t going to lie, she was rather enjoying this feeling of closeness with Twilight, and it had been a long time since they just held each other. Even if it was just for support to keep her from falling off, it still felt nice.
As they rode on, Twilight remembered the conversation she had with her parents not too before Sunset arrived, that was a bit emotional…

4 HOURS EARLIER…

Twilight was ready to get underway, her mind was made up, and this needed to be done. Whether it was for nothing or something, Twilight was determined to see if this mysterious friend could provide both her and Sunset with help. Right now, Twilight wasn’t sure which she feared more, the fact that there might be someone on this planet unconnected to Sunset’s home world and the Firestorm powers that could wield magic, or if this person was simply a fraud pretending to be connected to magic.

Twilight placed some spare clothes and whatever else she thought they may need, they were going into the woods so survival equipment was essential. It was weird, today was a Monday, and yet she wasn’t getting ready for school, but for a possible week long magic training session. Twilight sighed, when Sunset told her of how Celestia managed to allow them a temporary leave of absence. The closest person Sunset knew to a mother figure had accepted them, and was willing to help them, even if she didn’t exactly know about the whole fight-to-save-the-world thing.

*Bark*

The purple girl looked down and saw her faithful companion stare up at her, blinking curiously. No doubt the pup knew his master was about to leave and was no doubt wanting to accompany her. Twilight smiled warmly at Spike and crouched down to pet him on the head.

“Sorry Spike, but this is something I need to do on my own. Well…something that Sunset and I have to do.” She placed her hands on either side of Spike’s muzzle, gently rubbing the pup’s slightly chubby cheeks. “I don’t want to lose her, I know that for a fact, and I don’t want to lose control of this magic and our powers. If this works then…maybe we can stop acting as if we’re so far apart…”

Suddenly, Twilight heard knocking at her bedroom door.

“Come in.”

The door slowly opened, revealing Velvet, looking upon her daughter with concern. “Sweetie, it’s well past eight, are you not feeling okay or…” Velvet took a moment, spying the various supplies and the change in Twilight’s attire.

Twilight was wearing cargo shorts, each pocket containing a variety of survival gear, and a tank top that revealed much of her shoulders, arms, neck and collar. She even had her hair tied into a ponytail.

“Um…T-Twilight, why does it look like you’re preparing to go out on a camping trip?” Velvet asked cautiously.

Twilight sighed, she knew her parents, as nice and easy going as they were, weren’t going to take the news that she and Sunset were planning on taking a “couples retreat” into the wilderness. A weekend excursion like that probably wouldn’t raise too many warning bells, since Twilight wasn’t exactly the outdoorsy type, but going off for a week, during school, now that was a red flag. Which was why she planned on just telling them the moment Sunset arrived to leave as little time for arguments as possible.

“I’m feeling fine, Mom, I…I…”

Velvet sighed. “Finish whatever you’re doing and come into the foyer, we need to talk.”

Twilight gulped, and so did Spike. When Velvet left the room she quickly put the remaining items into her backpack and took a deep breath, as if preparing to jump off a cliff. “Well…wish me luck Spike.”

Twilight opened her door and walked down the stairs. Spike released his own sigh as he made his way to the top of the stairs and sat there, knowing that his owner and her parents needed some private time.

“Good luck, Twilight.”

When Twilight arrived downstairs she saw her mother and father waiting for her in the foyer. Twilight felt like running out of the house and transforming, just so she could quickly fly away from whatever conversation that was going to take place. Sadly though, the situation was already precarious, and the last thing she needed was to get Sunset or herself in major trouble before leaving.

Twilight walked into the foyer and sat down across from her parents, placing her backpack by her feet. “So…Mom, Dad…what did you want to talk about?”

“For one thing, the fact that you haven’t completely gone insane because your tar -”

Velvet quickly placed her hand over her husband’s mouth. “We don’t use the ‘T’ word around her. Remember?”

Night Light looked at Twilight, seeing signs that she was about to snap at the mere mention of the word “tardy”. “Ahem, well, you know what I mean. And the fact that you seem to be packing and dressing as if you’re about to go on some safari.”

“Honey, I don’t know what’s going on, but you’ve seemed a little down lately, and a little more on edge. It’s like you’re expecting something bad to happen.” Velvet speculated.

Twilight groaned inwardly, her mother didn’t know how right she was. She was expecting bad things to happen, a lot of bad things. The only problem was, she didn’t know whether to list it to them in chronological or alphabetical order. Her silence seemed to make both parents a little more concerned and suspicious, Twilight knew if she didn’t say anything that the repercussions would only worsen down the road.

“I…I want to tell you, but I can’t…”

“And why not?” Night Light asked.

“It’s not a good time, and because I’m still trying to figure some things out that are going on in my life…”

“‘In your life’? Twilight, aren’t we a part of your life too?” Velvet asked, feeling a little hurt.

Twilight shook her head. “No it’s not like that! It’s because you two are a part of my life is why I can’t tell you!”

Night Light’s expression became serious, despite being the nerdy person that he was, he could look pretty intimidating when the occasion called for it. “Twilight what is going on? Are you in trouble at school? Are you being bullied or something?”

“Nothing like that, I’ve never been bullied!” Twilight argued.

Velvet and Night Light shared a glance, as if deciding to come clean with something. “Twilight, we did a little digging, and we found out more about Sunset Shimmer, and how she acted at school,” said Velvet.

Twilight’s eyes went wide. “You what?! Why?!”

Night Light rubbed the bridge of his nose. “Just come clean, Twilight. You and Sunset Shimmer are dating, aren’t you? And I don’t mean dating like how you and your other friends just hangout.”

“I…we…!” Twilight stammered as she tried to explain, but the words kept getting bunched up in her mouth, she hadn’t expected them to figure it out already. Well, given that Principal Celestia had figured them out, it was a given at this point.

“Twilight, we know that Sunset wasn’t exactly the most…well-meaning of students. It honestly made me worried knowing that she had such animosity towards you…”

Velvet had a bit of a shocked look on her face, as if finding out about Sunset’s past discrepancies had thrown her for a loop. The girl who used to come over and have dinner with them, the very same girl who worked tirelessly on their science project, was completely different from what she found out. It almost made her think that there might be another Sunset, but unfortunately, it was the same girl.

“So, we have to ask, is she making you skip classes today?” Night Light asked.

“NO!” Twilight yelled, surprising her parents. She realized how loudly she said that and calmed herself before speaking again. “No, she isn’t. And please, Mom, Dad, don’t talk about her as if she’s some monster. I won’t deny that Sunset has done some pretty bad things before I came to Canterlot High, and a few afterwards too. And I will admit that she did…hate me.”

“She hated you?!” Night Light asked. “Why?”

“That part I’m still vague on…at least a little. But suffice to say, Sunset’s no longer like that. She’s been trying hard to better herself and not be like she was. No, I can say without a doubt she is definitely a much better person than she used to be now!”

Night Light and Velvet could tell that Twilight’s convection in her words was strong, and what they have seen recently of Sunset did confirm it. It was just hard for them to see Sunset as the girl that they know now, as opposed to what she was before. They believed in giving people the benefit of the doubt, but when your daughter is dating someone who said they hated her, it kind of raises some red flags.

“Sunset aside for now; if she isn’t the reason you’re not attending school and dressed like this, then why are you?” Velvet asked.

“It’s related to Sunset and myself…we’re…we’re not in good place in our relationship…and some other things have turned up that need my attention,” said Twilight.

“And for that you’re not going to school today?” Night Light asked, raising an eyebrow.

“………I’m not going to school for the rest of this week, Dad.”

If either of them had something to drink, this would be the point where they’d spit it out. One day was one thing, but a whole week of not going to school? Now that was cause for alarm, especially considering that Twilight loved going to her school, learning, and meeting with her friends.

“Okay Twilight, now you really need to tell us what’s going!” Velvet demanded.

“I can’t…”

Night Light shook his head. “No, you can, you just won’t. And why that is I have no idea, just like your mother and I didn’t even know you were dating someone!”

Twilight’s expression became serious to match her father and mother’s. “Because I was afraid how you’d react to finding out that I like girls! I know how understanding you two are, but even the most understanding of people have a line, and I was afraid I’d cross it with Sunset!”

Velvet put a hand to her head and shook her head back and forth. “Twilight, you could be dating all your friends and planning to marry them all for we care!”

“MOM!”

“VELVET!”

“But that doesn’t mean we’d love you any less! I might not have given birth to you, and I don’t know from what god forsaken place Shining rescued you from, the fact is, adopted or born, you will always be our daughter, and we’ll always love you no matter what happens!” Velvet’s fervor lessened as she features drooped.

Twilight looked down at her knees, her heart felt like it was aching from hearing those word and relieved. Whether she was aware of it or not, Twilight was always afraid that her adopted parents would one day forsake her should she make a monumental decision like being with Sunset, or telling them about her origins.

“The whole ‘dating and marrying your friends’ aside, your Mother’s right. We do love you, Twilight, we always well. Don’t think because you’re not related to us that we don’t,” said Night Light.

“Or…do you not see us as your real parents…”

“OF COURSE I DO!” Twilight yelled as tears streaked down her cheeks. “But it’s because you are that I can’t! The more you know, the more danger you’ll be in! I’ve tried…I’ve tried so hard to keep you and my friends from danger…hoping, praying, and doing everything I think I can to shield you all from it! But I was fooling myself, you’re all already are in danger! And if I don’t do this…I can’t protect you all…I…”

Velvet sighed sadly. “This is connected to Shining Armor’s last mission, isn’t it?”

Twilight nodded.

“And to the place where he found you?”

Another nod.

Both parents were told by Shining Armor that he found Twilight while on a mission, he never said what she had been through, or why he agreed to take her in, but the moment that Velvet hugged that little girl, she knew that they couldn’t leave her to some orphanage or some other family. Everything they did together was as if Twilight was experiencing these things for the first time in her life, and it touched both Night Light and Velvet to see that adorable smile of hers.

“Does the Principal know of your absence? Or Sunset’s, as I assume you both are going to…wherever it is you’re going to?” Night asked.

“Yes. Principal Celestia gave us permission.”

“Alright then, go.” Velvet watched as her daughter’s head snapped up to them, her eyes watery and full of surprise. “I can see that this is something that you both need to do, for whatever reasons. Just promise us that you’ll come back, and…maybe reintroduce Sunset as your, ahem, your girlfriend?”

Twilight got up from her seat and rushed to hug both her parents, who graciously returned the hug, feeling warmth and security in their family ties.

NOW…

Sunset’s bike came to a stop right before a lightly unbeaten dirt road. She turned off her bike and removed her helmet to better survey the area, seeing nothing but tall trees and the smell of nature in the air.

“Reminds me of home…”

“What was that?”

“Nothing, Sparky. Is this the place where we hoof it?” Sunset asked.

Twilight reached into her pocket, pulling out a GPS handheld, which she modified to keep their location secret while still providing them with coordinates.

“According to the directions Fluttershy gave us, this is where we need to start walking. But…”

“But what?”

“What about your bike? I don’t think it can make it down that road, and it’s going to be exhausting pushing it all that way,” said Twilight.

“Oh, no big, I actually remembered how to use a certain type of spell exactly for this situation.”

Sunset dismounted her bike, followed by Twilight. After removing their backpacks from the storage bins Sunset went to work. With her right hand she summoned her magic, coating her bike in a telekinetic aura. With her left, she pointed to the space behind the bike. A portal of aquamarine light opened up to the size of the bike, shimmering and glowing brilliantly. Sunset waved her right hand, willing the bike into the portal. Once the bike was in, Sunset closed it, making the bike disappear.

The fiery haired girl released a tired sigh, feeling the slight drain on her mana from the spells. Twilight was just standing there, awestruck that she just made her bike disappear into thin air so easily.

“It’s a pocket dimension spell. Basically a storage locker between dimensions that can hold anything and everything you put in it, and can be summoned from any place, any time.” Sunset explained.

“I…I heard about the concept of such a thing…but to actually see it!” Twilight grabbed Sunset’s hands as she made a slightly manic face. “You’ve got to show me how to use that spell! I’d never have to worry about shelf space again!”

“Um, a-alright, if we have time after this thing, I will.”

Twilight released Sunset and began hopping around her girlfriend in a circle repeating “yes” over and over. Sunset groaned, Twilight was such a dork, but she was her dork, her adorably cute, and sexy dork. Sunset then immediately slapped herself across her face.

“Alright, Sparky, let’s start moving.”

Twilight stopped her hopping, regaining her composure. Both girls then set off down the path. Sunset used her magic to clear the way, releasing small bursts of magic to slice away at the brush and branches that blocked their path. Twilight felt bad that her girlfriend was the only one doing the clearing, and so she had Sunset show her how to do what she was doing. With a little fine tuning, Twilight was now able to help Sunset in her bushwhacking.

Sunset felt happy, even though they hadn’t gotten to this mysterious friend yet, Twilight was already asking her to help learn some spells. They were useful spells, so she figured Twilight wanted to take advantage of them. Still, the fact that Twilight was eager for her to teach them was uplifting in and of itself.

They passed by several creeks, got bitten by mosquitos more than once, and saw a deer. They even witnessed some bear cubs and their momma bear walking around. Thankfully the bears avoided them, so long as Sunset and Twilight kept their distance.

After a couple of hours hiking through the woods, Sunset and Twilight had to stop for a moment. Sunset glanced to Twilight, noticing that she seemed a little out breath. “You okay Sparky?”

“Y-Yeah, I’m fine, just not used to long treks…or any trekking!” Twilight confessed. “H-How are you…not tired out?!”

“When you’re a pony, you tend to walk and run to most places. Or take a train or carriage if you could afford it. I may’ve been unicorn, but I didn’t slack in my physical development. Just having strong magic doesn’t equal good physical health, not always, and magic does put some strain on your body if you overuse it or aren’t physically capable of casting a spell. So I worked out my body, trained with some of the Royal Guards, jogged around the palace, and even hiked up Canterlot Mountain.”

“W-Wow…”

Sunset leaned back against the tree she was sitting next to. “Yeah, of course, when I came here, I realized quick that my physical strength and my intellect needed to be twice as sharp to make up for the loss of my magic. So, yeah, I’m not that winded.”

Twilight felt embarrassed, Sunset wasn’t just smart, she was athletic as well. And she made some good points, what good was mental development if your body suffered and couldn’t keep up. Her Firestorm form allotted her great physical enhancement in strength, stamina, and durability, while her normal body wasn’t as strong. Fast, but not strong like Sunset was.

It was as if Twilight was finding out something new about Sunset every moment she spent with her. Now that she noticed, Sunset did have lean muscles, and with the turquoise tank top she was wearing, Twilight could see her arm muscles flexing slightly. The trickling of sweat that beaded off her brow and down her face, the slow and calm expansion and depression of her chest with each breath…

Twilight tore her eyes away from Sunset, feeling a warmth grow upon her cheeks. Sunset was beautiful, and…admittedly, hotter in this environment. Don’t think dirty thoughts! Don’t think dirty thoughts! Don’t think dirty thoughts!

“Hey Sparky -”

“I WASN’T IMAGINING YOU NAKED IN THE WOODS!” Twilight blurted out.

Sunset’s mouth dropped and her left eye twitched. Twilight wanted to die now, she so wanted to go pick a fight with that momma bear just to get mauled to death.

After letting that sink in, Sunset’s face went a little red. “Um…Uh…Wow…”

When the embarrassment of that little episode died down, Sunset and Twilight resumed their hike. Only now, Sunset kept a little ahead of Twilight, deciding to give her girlfriend a nice view of her rear as they walked. Apparently Twilight understood what Sunset was doing, and tried to ignore her teasing.

“It’s not like it’s a crime to stare, Sparky. We’re together, so you kinda have license to stare at my ass, or anything else for that matter,” said Sunset.

“B-Be that as it may, it’s still not polite…especially what I said earlier…”

“Eh, not like I don’t want to be naked in the woods.”

“WHAT?!” Twilight shouted.

“Well, I was once a pony, which meant I had no clothes. Honestly, I find these things stifling sometimes and just wish I could be back in the buff again! But now, call it an adopted mannerism or whatever, I would feel embarrassed if I happened to wind up naked in public.”

Twilight sighed in frustration, she still had to wrap her mind around that concept that Sunset was from a world populated by sentient ponies, and that Sunset was in fact one of those sentient ponies. So some customs and social norms were bound to be somewhat different than their worlds’.

“If it makes you feel any better, I stare at your chest and your rump whenever I can.”

Twilight was changing from lavender to crimson. “No it doesn’t…!”

“You like it, admit.”

“I won’t!”

“So you do?”

“I do NOT!”

“You sure?”

“I’m positive!” Twilight declared as she crossed her arms.

Sunset smirked. “Only fools are positive. Are you a fool?”

“NO!”

“You sure?”

“Im posi -!” Twilight stopped when she realized what was happening. “You suck, Sunset.”

“That’s not all I do,” she replied with a pervy grin.

“Stop that!”

“Shh.” Sunset put her hand up.

“Don’t you shush me! I -!”

“SHHH!”

Sunset put her hand over Twilight’s mouth, and pointed towards a clearing up ahead. When all was silent, Twilight was able to hear a faint strumming sound. It was light, but it was definitely a stringed instrument. Sunset and Twilight quietly headed towards the sound, gently pushing aside the brush and branches. When they got to the edge they carefully stepped into the clearing, and Sunset deadpanned.

“You’ve got to be kidding me…”

There was a large shanti shack made of tightly woven vines and tree branches, off to the side was another structure that was dome shaped and looked like it was grown from the earth. To their right was a clothes line that had many an assortment of garments, apparently no underwear, or none that they could spot, and some tie dyed stuff that looked ripped straight from the seventies. But the strangest site was yet to come.

Sitting on a log near the fire pit was a girl. She seemed a bit older than them, maybe seventeen or eighteen. She had tanned skin, orange hair that was done up in dreadlocks, with a wreath of daisies on her head. Her attire was made up of a green shirt with baggy sleeves, the hem of which only came to a little below her bust, exposing her midriff, the collar was cut low, exposing most of her neck and just a tiny bit of her cleavage. She had a light-green fabric coat, and a necklace with a blue gemstone connected to it.

This girl was playing a long guitar looking thing, a sitar if they were correct. The hippie girl seemed to be lost in the music she was making, possibly meditating.

“Is…Is this the friend that Fluttershy was talking about?” Twilight asked.

“She can’t be…I mean…even for Fluttershy, there’s no way this is the person…”

Twilight and Sunset slowly walked into the clearing, heading towards the girl strumming at the sitar. When both girls got close enough, she stopped playing, causing Sunset and Twilight to freeze. Lazily the girl opened her eyes, keeping them at a half-lidded position, as if completely laid back. Her magenta eyes gazed upon her two newcomers, she then put her sitar down and stood to her full height, which was just a couple of inches higher than Sunset and Twilight. She then placed her hands into a prayer position and bowed to them.

“Hello, my name is Tree Hugger. Blessings,” greeted Tree Hugger as she waved to them.

“Um…yeah…blessings…Um, we might be lost, we were looking for someone,” said Sunset.

“Oh, we’re all searching for something, but never take the time to see the journey to that something.”

Sunset blinked. “What?”

“Um, Miss Tree Hugger -”

“Just Tree Hugger, Miss is, like, totally what my Mom used go by…Actually, she didn’t like to be called ‘Miss’ either. Weird coincidence.”

Sunset slapped her forehead and groaned inwardly.

“Okay, Tree Hugger, we’re looking for a friend of a friend. Do you know a girl named Fluttershy?” Twilight asked.

Tree Hugger tapped her chin a couple of times. “Fluttershy! Oh, I totally remember her, sweet, kind, and cute. Oh right, Shy-Shy sent me a message! Where did I put it?”

Sunset and Twilight watched as Tree Hugger searched her coat and then up her sleeves. Sunset leaned close to Twilight and whispered. “‘Shy-Shy’?”

“A nickname?” Twilight suggested.

Sunset raised an eyebrow. “Maybe a pet name, Sparky.”

Twilight glanced back to Tree Hugger, who still looked clueless and was still searching. “Fluttershy and…her? Well…granted she does seem a little…unorthodox, but she looks a little older than Fluttershy.”

“You do remember that Fluttershy’s a little older than most of you, right?”

“Hang on, most? You don’t count?”

Sunset deadpanned again. “Twilight, if I was the same age I was in Equestria, I’d be twenty-five by now.”

Twilight tried run the numbers in her head, but her current physical age conflicted with those numbers. Although, Sunset had displayed adult like authority from time to time.

“Don’t think about too hard, I still can’t understand why I’m a teenage girl!”

“Oh, now I remember!” Tree Hugger put her fingers to her mouth and gave a loud whistle.

Within a couple of minutes a large bird flew down from one of the trees, landing on Tree Hugger’s extended left forearm. It appeared to be a falcon, and on its back was a tube. Tree Hugger removed the tube, and then then harness, allowing the falcon to fly more comfortably. She then opened the tube and took out a rolled up piece of paper. Tree Hugger read over the contents for a minute and then put it back.

“Right, right, Shy-Shy’s friends. Sorry.”

“It’s fine, really. My name is Twilight Sparkle, and she’s Sunset Shimmer.”

“Hey,” said Sunset.

“Twilight and Sunset, I really like those names, they go well together. Take a seat my sisters, and tell me what brings you to this little slice of natural paradise,” said Tree Hugger.

Sunset and Twilight shrugged and then sat on the log across from Tree Hugger, the hippie girl returned to her own seat kept her gaze upon them as she listened.

“Well…you’re going to think this is crazy…but, Sunset and I can use…magic.” Twilight shut her eyes, waiting to hear the ridiculing laughter, but none came.

“Real? So glad to know that there are others who are able to tune into the life energies of the planet,” said Tree Hugger.

“Wait, you believe me?” Twilight asked with an incredulous expression.

“Oh, were you joking? It’s okay if you were.”

“She wasn’t joking, she just can’t believe that you believe her. But I have to ask,” Sunset leaned forward, narrowing her gaze, “can you really use magic?”

Tree Hugger took a moment to think about that. “Well…I don’t ‘use’ it per se. I merely ask the Earth’s life energy for assistance, and it answers.”

“So that’s a yes?” Sunset asked again.

“In a sense.”

Sunset groaned again. “I’m sorry, but I can’t. I just can’t believe that you can use magic too! I mean, I didn’t know what I was expecting, but it definitely wasn’t a high hippie.”

“Sunset!” Twilight scolded.

“Oh no, she’s right, I am high.”

Twilight looked to Tree Hugger in disbelief.

“High on life, on all the life forces that surround me here every day.”

Sunset fell backwards on the log, and Twilight nearly fell forward at that answer. The fiery haired girl stood upon and glared down at Tree Hugger. “Okay, we’re testing this out before we even go any further! You! Me! Magic duel!”

“Sunset, you can’t be serious?!”

“Wow, total harsh vibe you’re giving off.” Tree Hugger could see that Sunset wasn’t going to take anything less than a yes to her challenge. The hippie girl got up and walked to a space in the clearing that was free from any debris or objects. “Just to warn you, I don’t believe in conflict or violence.”

Sunset smirked as she cracked her knuckles, walking to meet Tree Hugger. “Well, I do. ‘Cause sometimes the only way to get your point across is with a little grit.”

Tree Hugger and Sunset stood off against each other, the former had her hands in a prayer position, while the latter’s hands were glowing with aquamarine light.

A small magic bolt should do it, strong enough to knock her on her ass, but not strong enough to hurt her, thought Sunset.

Without warning, Sunset fired a bolt of magical energy straight for Tree Hugger. With one hand forward, Tree Hugger’s open right palm met the bolt. A green, iridescent light shimmered into existence and then the bolt canceled out, leaving Sunset with a dumbfounded expression.

“What…the…hell?!”

“That happened…” Twilight commented in the same dumbfounded state.

Tree Hugger still had her laid back gaze fixed on Sunset, waiting for the girl’s next move. Sunset growled and thrusted her left hand forward. Her hand became engulfed in her aura as she launched multiple volleys of magic bolts at Tree Hugger. Tree Hugger’s bare feet swept over the soft dirt, the ground seemed to release particles of green light from the movement. The hippie girl then began to move with great fluidity, waving her hands to and fro in a seemingly uncoordinated pattern.

But in reality, with each wave of her hand a streak of green light would appear in its wake. The light cancelled out the magic bolts upon impact, and each fluid movement allowed Tree Hugger to dodge just as many as she blocked without any wasted movement. With greater frustration, Sunset decided to make this up close and personal. She crouched low, channeling her magic to her feet. She then used that power to give herself a boost, jumping into the air.

Sunset’s right fist glowed with built up magical power, ready to deliver a powerful haymaker to the hippie girl. Tree Hugger, however, proved that she was just as fast. As soon as Sunset was in range, Tree Hugger extended the middle and index fingers of both her hands. She then struck Sunset, once at either shoulder, and once on either thigh, each strike sent ripples of green energy that were visible on Sunset’s body.

Suddenly, Sunset’s glowing fist fizzled out, what’s more, she couldn’t control her body. Before she could find herself kissing the dirt, she was caught by Tree Hugger. Her face landing directly into the hippie girl’s bust. Twilight’s face went red from seeing this, and a little redder when Sunset hadn’t pulled away yet.

“S-Sunset would you please get your face out of her breasts!” Twilight demanded.

“Yeah, she’s going to have a little trouble with that.” Tree Hugger repositioned Sunset hoisting her up until she was slung over her shoulder. “She’s a limp as a wet noodle.”

“I don’t know how you did it, but can you please give me back control of my arms and legs?!”

Tree Hugger patted Sunset on the back. “Shh, shh, easy there. You’re aura’s all fiery, give it time to cool and simmer down a skooch. I know! Let’s have some calming herbal tea! Come inside!”

Tree Hugger made her way towards her hut, all while still carrying a very limp Sunset. Twilight would’ve found the whole thing hilarious if it wasn’t for the fact that her girlfriend was now paralyzed.

When they entered the hut, Twilight saw the large carpet that covered the floor, sewn with a mandala at the center. The carpet seemed to be made of organic materials, but felt soft to the touch. To right of the hut was a sleeping mat, and to the left was a makeshift kitchen counter. A rack hung above it, lined up with bottles containing different herbs and spices. There was kettle and some spare cups, and a place to light a fire to cook and boil the water.

Tree Hugger laid Sunset down on the outer ring of the mandala and quickly performed a few quick jabs with her fingers at key points on her body. Green light rippled over Sunset’s body again, but this time Sunset was granted back full movement in her arms and legs as she bolted upright.

Twilight was able to calm Sunset before she started round two with Tree Hugger, but at this point, Tree Hugger’s relaxed state belayed how aware of her surroundings she was. Sunset feared a surprise attack now would just end up with her back on the floor, with Twilight giving her sips from her cup from a straw.

Tree Hugger brewed them all some tea, with Sunset making sure that she hadn’t slipped anything in there to make them all trip out. Afterward taking a few test sips, the girls waited for Tree Hugger to sit as they told their story. Hours felt like they flew by, but in the end Twilight and Sunset had explained the situation to Tree Hugger. Despite looking like she was spacing out, Tree Hugger’s expression seemed to morph as the story went on, becoming a frown.

“Wow…that’s heavy,” said Tree Hugger.

“Tell us about it.” Sunset replied while taking a sip of her tea.

“So as you can see, we…we really need your help…in more ways than one. It’s dangerous, if you decide to help us, the Organization could come after you. So we’ll respect your decision should you wish to not associate yourself with us,” said Twilight.

There was a long period of silence as Tree Hugger thought over everything the two girls told her. Tree Hugger then clapped her hands together, catching the attention of Sunset and Twilight.

“Alright, so when do you want to start?”

“Seriously?!” Sunset asked amazed.

“You’ll…You’ll help us?!”

Tree Hugger nodded as if it were a matter of fact. “We’re all children of the Earth’s spirit. And those of us who are more deeply attuned to that spirit need to lend each other a helping hand, whether you’re from this world,” Tree Hugger gestured to Sunset, “or whether you believe you don’t deserve to be a part of it,” with her other hand she gestured to Twilight, “we’re all one.”

“Thank you so much,” said Twilight, genuinely happy.

“Yeah, thanks.” Sunset added with a grin.

“Okay then, please remove all articles of clothing.”

“………EXCUSE ME?!”

“………ARE YOU HIGH?!”

“Huh, why does everyone seem to ask me that question? Oh well, strippy strip!”

1 HOUR LATER…

“AH!”

“Easy Sunset, just try to relax,” said Tree Hugger.

“I…I’m trying, but it’s a little intense…!”

“It’ll pass, I’m going to put my hand here, and you might feel a little -”

“AHHH~”

“Oh, that was different.”

“SUNSET!” Twilight admonished.

“I can’t help it! She’s tweaking with my magic circuits!”

Sunset was sitting at the center of the mandala, wearing only her sports bra and matching underwear. Her magical aura had layered itself over her body, giving her an ethereal, aquamarine glow. Tree Hugger’s hands glowed, matching the color of Sunset’s light. Her left hand’s middle and index finger were resting on a spot just few inches above Sunset’s tailbone, while her right hand’s two fingers were pressed against her pelvis, in perfect alignment with her the other side.

“Not exactly your ‘circuits’, but the channels of chi, or mana, whichever you’d like to call it,” said Tree Hugger.

“Well be more careful! Where you touching, whatever you’re doing, it’s making me feel…weird, tingly, THINGS I DON’T NEED TO FEEL DOWN THERE, GET IT?!” Sunset yelled, her face completely red as a tomato.

Tree Hugger chuckled at the reaction. “Relax, Sister Sun, no need for embarrassment. We’re all girls, so just let the sensations flow and don’t fight them.” Tree Hugger moved up both hands at the same time, resting them on her stomach and a section of her spine.

She continued doing this all the way up to the crown of Sunset’s head. She then traced her fingers along Sunset’s arms, legs, and body, which may or may not have excited Sunset a little. When she was done, Tree Hugger waved her hands over Sunset, dismissing her aura and letting it dissipate back into her body. Sunset sat upright, feeling a little warm all over.

“So?” Sunset asked.

“You’re aura’s in major conflict with the other power in you. Along with the Earth’s mana, which is why you haven’t been able to use magic up until now. Maybe it thinks you’re a stranger?” Tree Hugger hypothesized.

“Yeah, I’m from another dimension, a parallel dimension.”

“Even so, nature should accept nature, and since you were a pony, you should have a better connection to it…hmm…Well, next, Sister Twilight.”

Twilight cringed after seeing Sunset, she was already in her undergarments, but wasn’t so sure she was willing to have Tree Hugger touch her if she was going to be making those weird sounds. But before Twilight could say otherwise, Sunset had grabbed her and plopped her down on the center of the mandala.

“I do this, you do this, no way am I the only one feeling like this!”

The purple girl groaned, but remained still. Tree Hugger clapped her hands together, summoning the Earth’s energy. Twilight’s aura became visible, layering atop her in its rosy-violet hue. Tree Hugger began the process over again, placing her two fingers on either side of Twilight’s front and back, moving into tracing the channels of mana that flowed through her body. Twilight made some embarrassing squeaks, squeals, and yelps with each prickling of energy that ebbed and flowed in her body from Tree Hugger’s touch, and Sunset couldn’t help enjoying the cute sounds.

By the end, Twilight was also feeling a warmth within her body, but said nothing of it. She glanced to Tree Hugger, waiting for her prognosis.

“Your aura’s in tune with the Earth mana, but also in conflict with the power inside you. You also seem to be harboring a lot of tension that’s suffocating your mana, not all that good.”

Twilight sighed in dismay and went to join Sunset. Tree Hugger pulled out some simple robes from a chest near her sleeping mat, both were brown colored and looked like short robes.

“For the time you’re here, wear these. I wove them from the fibers of the trees and with the help of the silk of spiders. Earth mana in sewn within it, so wearing these will help your auras feel more familiar with the Earth’s spirit. You can put your clothes and stuff in the corner.”

Twilight and Sunset shrugged, placing the robes on and tying them up. Tree Hugger thought about how to best help them. She thought and thought, but paused when her eyes rested upon a wall scroll with a human silhouette in a meditation position. Inside the silhouette were seven spheres that followed the path of the spine. That’s when it hit her.

“Righteous.”

Author's Note:

Tree Hugger's design is Kilala97's drawing.

PreviousChapters Next