• Published 3rd Feb 2015
  • 5,580 Views, 348 Comments

MLDC: Firestorm Crisis - Michael_Ravencroft



Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, total opposites, the bad girl, and the studious girl. But one fateful night will change everything for them, and quite possiblly the world.

  • ...
20
 348
 5,580

PreviousChapters Next
Entry 20: The Grace of Iris

???

Sunset felt a familiar headache, she groaned as she rose up, rubbing her throbbing head. When she opened her eyes Sunset gasped in shock. “Oh no, oh hell no! Not again!” Sunset bolted to her feet, surveying her surroundings.

The starry universe around her, the seemingly solid invisible surface she stood upon, and just above her, the swirling mass that was the Firestorm Matrix. But Sunset paused, noting the key differences in this world. Instead of an orangey color, everything was colored in a cool blue hue, even the Matrix looked different. Half of it was red, the other half was blue, aquamarine light bands swirled around it, and three orbs were in orbit around it. She caught sight of them, noticing that even the symbols within them were different.

There was no doubt that somehow, Sunset had become Hel again, and without Twilight nearby! Which meant all that keeping away from her to protect her was all for nothing, much to her displeasure. But for some reason, this didn’t feel the same way as Hel did, it wasn’t angry or wrathful. It was peaceful, free, and calm.

So how did I get back here?

“Oh man…someone get the number of that Semi that ran me over? ‘Cause I got a headache like a mother – Sunset, what hell happened to you now?!”

Sunset turned in the direction of the voice, seeing Rainbow Dash on her rear. Her body from the neck down was composed of pure azure light, and for some reason, a red lightning bolt symbol was in the middle of her chest. Sunset recognized this energy form, somehow Rainbow Dash had been pulled into the transformation.

“Rainbow Dash, calm down and try not to freak out too much, but we’re not exactly in Kansas anymore,” said Sunset.

“What is that supposed to mean?!” Rainbow carefully stood on her feet, weary of the groundless surface she somehow was standing on. “Where are we?!”

“As far as I can figure, we’re in the Firestorm Matrix, but that can’t be right.”

“And why not?!”

“Because the last time this happened Twilight was with me, we fused together into a…a monster.”

Rainbow Dash cocked an eyebrow in confusion. “Wait a minute, how – are you saying that you and Twilight were here before?!”

“Not ‘here’ exactly, but things are different for some reason,” said Sunset as she kept looking around for something.

“So is this weird place why I’m naked and glowing the same as you?!” A stray thought crossed Rainbow Dash’s mind, causing her to hug herself and turn her body away from Sunset.

“What?” Sunset asked.

“This isn’t some freaky way for you to…do me, right?” Rainbow asked with dread.

Sunset face palmed herself, groaning as she dragged her hand down her face in frustration. “Okay, Rainbow, let’s get something straight. I may be attracted to girls, I’m mainly attracted to Sparky, so don’t start thinking I’m trying to get into your panties or some weird crap like that alright!” Sunset crossed her arms and huffed as she turned away from Rainbow. “‘Sides, Sparky’s hotter than you, flat chest.”

Rainbow came out of her defensive covering, stomped her way towards Sunset, and gave her a glare. “Excuse me?! I’m not ‘flat chested’! I’m at least a B!”

“Please I’m a C and – Wait a minute, why am I even having this kind of conversation with you?! HEL! You have five seconds to let us go before I force us apart!” Sunset warned.

I am sorry, but right now would not be a very safe time to do so. And, if I may, my name is not ‘Hel’.

Rainbow Dash looked around, hearing the disembodied voice echo out from every direction. Sunset noticed that the voice didn’t sound like Hel at all, it was nicer, and more elegant.

“Who are you then?” Sunset asked.

My name is Iris, born from loyalty, and bound by honor. Allow me to shed light upon our situation.

Suddenly, the space before Sunset and Rainbow opened up like a pair of eyes, revealing the outside world. Gilda and Lightning were in a standoff with Iris, neither of them seemed to have made a move, yet.

Currently the two foes we face seem confused about what transpired, and are taking a wait and see approach. I suggest we strike while they are still contemplating what I am.

“You’re hearing this right? The voice of this Iris chick?” Rainbow asked.

“Yes I do, it’s hard to explain right now Rainbow, but suffice to say, we stand a better chance of beating Gilda and Lightning with Iris’ help. So, bear with me a little longer in this body, alright?”

Rainbow Dash looked to Sunset and then back through the eyes of Iris. Gilda and Lightning were still a threat to everyone, and if fighting as one with Sunset was the best way to beat them, then she was willing to bite the bullet. Rainbow Dash brought up her right hand smirking at Sunset.

“Partners?” Rainbow asked.

Sunset mirrored Rainbow’s smirk and grasped the offered right hand with her own. “Partners!”

“The hell with this, I’m shooting her!” Lightning yelled.

The lightning winged Firestorm raised both hands, calling upon her plasma and electron energy, atomic rings formed as the power coalesced into both her hands. Lighting thrusted her arms forward, firing a dual beam of electrified plasma at Iris. The united form entered and a combative stance, her light wings gave a swift flap downwards, propelling her high above their foes. A wake of rainbow sparkles appeared behind her, showing where she once was.

Gilda looked up watching the swift speed of Iris as she practically danced through the skies. With increasing anger, Gilda shot up after Iris. The silver-flamed Firestorm flapped her wings, getting a good boost of speed from it. Gilda got Iris in her sights, she focused her energy, making atomic rings form around her metallic wings. Feather panels flew off in rapid succession, acting like Vulcan cannon gunfire.

But Iris was not one to be easily shot down, she sped up, dodging each round as it flew at her; barrel rolling and zigzagging with perfect rhythm, never losing momentum for even a second. Gilda was becoming increasingly annoyed by Iris’ flying, she transmuted two lumps of metal before her and shot them ahead of Iris’ flight path.

The metal orbs appeared ahead of Iris and quickly metamorphed into metal copies of Gilda. Both copies’ arms transformed into razor sharp blades, readying themselves to strike Iris, the rainbow winged Firestorm grinned, thrusting out her right hand. Atomic rings formed around it, but at the same time, a magic circle appeared within the rings. Faster than the normal human eye could see, Iris fired two precision rainbow mana blasts. The beams struck the chests of the Gilda copies and blew them away into nothing.

Gilda stopped, dumbfounded at how her copies were so easily destroyed. That moment allowed Iris to do a quick turn and make a beeline straight for Gilda. Iris cocked back her left fist, now blazing with rainbow flames. But just as she was about to close the gap, the sound of rolling thunder echoed through the sky. Iris pulled back, performing a short-range teleport just in time to miss getting hit by Lightning Dust’s fist.

Iris reappeared a few feet away from her foes, taking a defensive stance as she prepared to make her next move. Sunset and Rainbow appeared on either side of Iris in astral form, watching the battle transpire.

“How the heck are we supposed to beat them?! If we attack Gilda, Lightning Dust comes in, if we go for Dust, Gilda does the same!”

“We just need to remove the Protocols from one of them and the battle will go in our favor. Do you understand Iris? We don’t need to kill them, just incapacitate them,” said Sunset in a firm voice.

No worries, I will not end their lives, as long as that is what you both wish, said Iris.

Sunset looked to Rainbow Dash, seeing the pensive expression upon her face. “Rainbow, you alright?”

“This is my fault, part of it is. I thought I did the right thing when I told the coaches about Lightning and how she acted. I didn’t do it because I wanted to be the best, I did it because I didn’t want her to end up hurting herself and those around her! She’s a great athlete and I respect her for it, just…I just wish she did things differently,” said Rainbow Dash with a bit sadness.

“And Gilda? Why does she not like you either?” Sunset asked.

“………When we were kids, Gilda…Gilda confessed to me. She even kissed me, I…I pushed her away. The stupid thing is…I liked it, but it scared me because I liked it and I didn’t know what to make of it. I kind of avoided her for a bit, but then she shows up again and it’s nice and – whoa, three ‘o clock!”

Iris looked to her right and saw an electro-missile flying right for her. Gathering her magi-transmutation energy, Iris commanded the winds to bluster and blow. Rainbow particles appeared within the wind, showing how the currents bended to her will. The missile was caught in the wind and thrown away from her, another came from her left, but Iris used the Rainbow Winds to redirect the attack.

Gilda and Lightning Dust were becoming agitated with each missed attack. The duo decided to blitz Iris, Lightning flew around and fired of multiple thunderbolts, while Gilda transmuted and launched several razor sharp discs, javelins, and even created a few more missiles. It was a total aerial onslaught. But Iris did not falter, her hands glowed with increased intensity, kicking up a whirlwind made of rainbow particles.

Iris began swaying her hands to and fro, moving with fluidity and grace. Each movement caused the Rainbow Wind to lash out and strike against the oncoming attacks. The particles would gather and solidify into a barrier to defend against Lightning Dust’s electrical blasts, while also redirecting Gilda’s attacks, making some of them crash into Lighting’s thunderbolts in order to destroy them.

You were saying, Rainbow Dash, said Iris.

“Oh, yeah, well…when we met again, she didn’t seem to be mad at me or if she was she just hid it well. But it was fun, having my best friend back, but then I started to see how she was acting like a jerk to my friends, I couldn’t stand that, it was as if she saw them as an obstacle or something! I told her that if she couldn’t be nice around my new friends, then she had no business being my friend, especially when she was being an asshole to Pinkie and Fluttershy! Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy!”

Sunset nodded. “I get it, but, I don’t think that’s all that’s at work here.”

“What?”

I agree with Sunset. I sense strong magical energies within them, somehow it is manipulating their thoughts.

Sunset’s eyes went wide with awe. “Y-You can sense it, too?! I knew it! The Organization did mess with them!”

Rainbow Dash shook her head. “Wait a minute, ‘magic’, ‘Organization’, just what the hell is going on?!”

“Explanations later, we definitely have to help them now!”

Um, Rainbow, Sunset, I think we might have a problem with that.

Both girls watched as flame auras of both Gilda and Lightning Dust doubled in size, becoming raging infernos. Lightning Dust channeled her atomic energy and fired a column-sized thunderbolt straight at Iris. The rainbow winged Firestorm quickly countered with her Rainbow Wind, the thunderbolt striking with a powerful “BOOM” sound that shook the very air. Iris winced from the impact but held her position.

Gilda summoned her plasma fire, building it up and unleashing it in a powerful blast to match Lightning Dust’s. Iris quickly created a tornado of Rainbow Wind, using it as a barrier to stave off the dual attack. Gilda’s beam struck with as much force as Lightning’s, only Gilda’s flames were laced with shrapnel that were as hard as diamonds and sharper than a scalpel blade. The twin beams didn’t show any signs of letting up, forcing Iris to conjure more of her power. Her six wings of light shined brighter as she drew in more energy particles from the air around them.

Suddenly, Gilda and Lightning got another power boost, causing their attacks to triple in size. Iris sensed the additional power and refocused her power, enveloping herself in light and disappearing from sight. The thunderbolt and shrapnel plasma flames struck each other, causing a massive explosion that rumbled for miles. Iris reappeared, having put some distance between them.

“What the heck was that?!” Rainbow asked.

It would seem they achieved an additional boost of power from their Protocols, said Iris.

Sunset didn’t like this, their auras were like wildfire, and their eyes were focused with rage and anger. “Iris, see into their bodies, show us their Protocols!”

Iris did as commanded, blinking her eyes once to activate her spectral vision. Her eyes pierced the physical layers of Gilda and Lightning Dust, allowing her to see the metaphysical beyond it. Within both girls was a Firestorm Protocol, but for some reason the swirling mass of power seemed unstable, and growing stronger with each second.

Do you see it, asked Iris.

“I do, unfortunately.”

“Would one of you clue me in here?!”

“Their Protocols, that swirling energy mass at the center of their beings! It’s going into meltdown and amping up their powers in the process!”

Rainbow Dash’s eyes widened with fear, not for herself, but for Gilda and Lightning Dust. Were they jerks? Yes. Were they dangerous to a degree? Oh yeah. But they didn’t deserve this, to be used as unwitting suicide bombers! Rainbow clenched her fists, narrowing her gaze at the Protocols within them. The universe around Sunset and Rainbow shifted, an aurora borealis was formed above them. Sunset could feel it, this was anger, but not the kind that was with Hel. This was a righteous fury, one born from a wanting to right an injustice.

“Sunset, let’s save them!”

The fiery haired girl smirked at the level of confidence in Rainbow’s voice. “Obviously we are.”

Sunset’s sun mark and Rainbow’s lightning bolt shined brighter, and the Firestorm Universe responded.

“IRIS!!!”

Iris’ body erupted with rainbow light, swirling around like a raging inferno. Her wings of light glowed brighter, her azure fire hair bellowed, and her eyes shifted into a bright orange glow. Halo rings of light appeared around the rainbow flames, but dispersed within a few seconds, revealing Iris, ready for battle. A halo of sparkling golden light appeared behind Iris as she entered a runner’s stance. Suddenly the ring burst and Iris took off at blinding speeds.

Gilda and Lightning Dust initiated pursuit, dogging Iris. Both of them shot at her with silver plasma flames and lightning strikes, trying to shoot her down. But Iris was too nimble, too agile, and definitely too fast for them; Iris flash-teleported away, getting behind both Gilda and Lightning Dust in an instant.

Iris used her magi-transmutation powers, focusing them into creation. From the ground below a large chunk of rock shot up like a bullet to Iris. Once the lump of earth was before her, she used her powers to shape it, reforming its atomic structure. After a few seconds the entire chunk of dirt and rock was transformed into a giant prism.

Sunset, Rainbow, I will need your help to coordinate this counteroffensive!

“Got it!” They said in unison.

Iris shot towards the giant prism, turning herself into pure white light. The moment she passed through the prism a rainbow formed. Each color strand of the rainbow took form, becoming Iris, shaded in the colors of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. The red, orange, and yellow Iris’ shot off towards the right, while the green, indigo, and violet Iris’ sped off to the left. The Blue Iris blazed straight down the middle, heading right for Gilda and Lightning Dust.

Lightning unleashed a maelstrom of thunderbolts, but each time they came close to hitting one of the Iris’ one of the multicolored doubles would come in and deflect it away. Gilda brandished a battle-axe and a mace, taking off after the Yellow Iris in hopes of getting up close and personal. Gilda brought up her battle-axe and swung down with an overhead strike. But the Yellow Iris countered, summoning a blade of light that caught the axe blade before it hit its mark. From behind Gilda, the Orange Iris appeared, dual wielding blades of light.

The copy brought down the blades, but Gilda’s metallic wings intercepted, meeting the blades. Both copies pressed forward, holding Gilda where she was. Unbeknownst to her, the Red Iris was high above, gathering light particles into both her hands. She brought both palms together and fired a powerful beam of red energy down towards Gilda. The Yellow and Orange Iris’ saw the attack coming and ducked out at the last possible second, leaving Gilda to get bathed in red light energy before it all exploded and sent her flying the other way.

Lightning Dust wasn’t faring any better, no matter how many lightning blasts she lobbed at the copies, each one managed to deflect or dodge them with ease. The lightning winged Firestorm had had enough, gathering all the electrical energy she could generate and pull in from the surrounding area. Massive and fearsome crackling sounds went off around her as she prepared to unleash a power surge strong enough to fry every living thing in the Pacific Ocean.

The Green, Indigo, and Violet Iris’ nodded to each other. The Indigo and Violet Iris’ took their positions, entering a ready stance as if preparing to take on the surge. The Green Iris flew high above them, preparing for what was to come. Lightning Dust unleashed her power surge, creating a massive field electrified of air that grew bigger and bigger by the second. Indigo and Violet struck out with two palm-heel strikes, slamming the flat of their palms against the sphere.

Indigo and Violet then used their opposite hand, channeling the electrical energy through them and into their arms. The two released the energy, shooting it straight up to Green. The Green Iris used both her hands to absorb the lightning changing its form to that of an opposite charge. Green fired the lightning right back at Lightning Dust, piercing through the shell of electric energy, and hitting Lightning Dust at the center. The opposite charge caused the energy to feedback, and in the next second detonate with violent power.

The seven Iris’ went back towards the prism, combining back into one body. Iris flew higher into the sky until everything on the ground was unrecognizable. She summoned all the power she had, drawing from the particles in the atmosphere, atomic energy, and magical power from all around her as well. Iris pushed all that power and formed two spheres of swirling light and fire, glowing in the colors of a rainbow.

Lightning Dust and Gilda saw the star forming above them and growled with anger, they combined their attacks, unleashing silver flamed lightning bolt that roared towards their target high above them. Iris melded the two spheres into one, bringing it into her right hand. Iris shot down with an even greater burst of speed than before, a Mach cone formed before her, becoming thinner and thinner with each passing nanosecond, until, finally, she broke through the barrier.

A loud “BOOM” raged through sky, creating a rainbow halo as a rainbow appeared in her wake. Iris met the beam head on, thrusting her right hand forward smashing it with the sphere of aurora light. The sphere grew to five times its size, what was once the size of a baseball was now as big around as a football stadium. Iris’ eyes blazed with fury as her wings of light shined brighter than before. Her battle cry was a mixture of Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer’s voices in one, belting out their resolve for all to hear.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!”

Their rainbow streak ignited, blasting Iris forward as she plowed through the beam with the swirling mass of aurora energy. Lightning Dust and Gilda tried to counter, pouring more and more of their power into the attack. But it wasn’t enough, despite their tampered Protocols, the power that Firestorm Iris wielded was on a whole other level.

Iris kept pushing through the beam, getting closer and closer to Gilda and Lightning Dust. The two rogue Firestorms couldn’t hold the attack any longer, the beam broke apart, allowing Iris to split the sphere into two smaller ones in each hand. With the same great speed she slammed both spheres into the chests of Gilda and Lightning Dust. The buffeting power and force ran into them several times over the course of nanoseconds, effectively stopping them.

Firestorm Iris phased her body through Gilda and Lightning Dust, grabbing their Protocols at the last second before passing through them and appearing behind them. Both Protocols were glowing and about to blow, there was no need to absorb such things. Iris sped off back into the sky, going higher and higher until she reached the edge of the atmosphere. Like a skilled baseball player, Iris threw each Protocol far into the darkness of space. After a few seconds two bright, soundless explosions went off in the distance, but there wasn’t much time to recoup just yet.

Iris hurried back down to where Gilda and Lightning were at. Their bodies were engulfed in flames, transforming them back into their civilian forms, and thanks to that the two of them were now in freefall. Iris swooped in and caught both Gilda and Lightning Dust, keeping them close to her in the crooks of her arms. Iris slowed her descent, finding a landing zone on the roof of the mall where this whole thing started. She laid both girls onto the ground carefully, hearing them release achy groans.

“Are they…?” Rainbow asked.

Iris waved her hand over their bodies, aquamarine light covered them, layering over Gilda and Lightning Dust. The rainbow Firestorm smiled as she breathed a sigh of relief. They are unharmed, the Protocols don’t appear to have caused any physical harm to them. But a quick healing spell wouldn’t hurt to make sure. If that is alright with you, Sunset?

The astral form of Sunset shook her head. “No, that’s fine. They’ve been through a lot, we don’t need to let them live with whatever harm the Protocols may’ve caused them.”

Iris rose to her feet and pointed her left hand at the two girls. A magic circle appeared beneath them, allowing magical energy to flow through them and heal what injuries there were to heal. Gilda and Lightning’s pained groans subsided, giving way to relieved sighs of content.

“I didn’t know you could do bio transmutation.”

It is not so much transmuting, as it is a spell. You’re knowledge of such things helps in discerning the best kind to use, and with the added power of the Matrix, I can heal almost any injury.

Rainbow crossed her arms and grinned. “Wow, you’re more awesome than I thought, Iris.”

The rainbow Firestorm blushed. Thank you, Rainbow Dash.

Sunset Shimmer looked towards the hole they busted out of when the fight began, a thought kept popping up to the forefront of her mind; wondering if it was indeed possible for Iris’ power to heal any injury.

“Iris, I need to ask you a favor.”

Paramedics and police had been called in, all flooding into the mall to help those who were in the food court when the battle started. Among them, Lyra was sitting up against a pillar, with BonBon kneeling next to her.

“You overexerted yourself, just breathe nice and easy Lyra,” said BonBon.

“H-Hey, don’t worry about me…I’m tougher than I look,” said Lyra with a weak voice.

BonBon sat beside Lyra, bringing her love to rest her head against her shoulder, BonBon held onto Lyra. The paramedics had rushed to everyone as quick as they could, and BonBon feared that the stitches around her wound may’ve been blown, her fears only worsened when she saw a small amount of blood in the sling. BonBon needed to get her to the paramedics, but she was in no condition to move, and she feared to leave her alone.

“What am I going to do, I’m sorry Lyra…I’m so sorry…”

A chorus of gasps were heard all around them, BonBon snapped to attention, spotting a tall woman with blue fire hair, crimson armor, and wings of light come floating down from the hole in the roof. BonBon’s eyes went wide with shock, the last time she saw a being like that was the green skulled monster, and the demon woman who fought him. She remembered, BonBon remembered seeing the transformation.

How Sunset Shimmer protected them, and how she transformed into one of the fire girls who fought the green skull monster. But she also remembered that it was her and the other fire girl who transformed into the demoness. Yet this woman was not demonic in appearance, and the calming air she had about her wasn’t the same as the harsh, terrifying pressure the other had.

Lyra’s eyes caught sight of the tall woman, causing her body to tremble with the traumatic memories of the one who took away her arm. The mint-green girl made whimpering sounds as she tried to curl into a ball, BonBon noticed and held Lyra tighter, trying to keep her safe and reassured.

The blue fire woman began walking towards them, she then knelt down before BonBon and Lyra, looking into BonBon’s eyes with her white eyes. You know that Sunset Shimmer resides within me, correct?

BonBon made no sounds, but reluctantly she nodded an affirmative.

I see. She asks me to tell you that she would greatly appreciate your not saying anything about what you saw. And that she is sorry to you, Lyra Heartstrings.

Lyra opened her eyes, seeing now the sorrowful expression Iris had. “S-Sunset says that…? Why?”

It was because of her (my) hesitation, that she (I) was unable to stop Atomic Skull, that monster, from hurting you Lyra. She (I) know(s) you can’t forgive her (me), not for the things she (I) did at your (our) school, and not for what has happened to you. But, she (I) hope this would be a good first step.

Iris held out her right hand. May I?

Lyra looked hesitantly to BonBon, the vanilla skinned girl then looked to Iris. Somehow, she could tell that unlike the demoness, this thing had no desire to harm or destroy. She sincerely wanted to show her how sorry she was with a gesture, what that gesture was on the other hand was another guess entirely. Lyra saw the small amount of confidence in BonBon’s eyes, allowing her own to receive a boost.

“O-Okay…” Lyra made to grab Iris’ hand with her right, but Iris shook her head.

No, the other one.

Lyra looked to BonBon in confusion, who was just as stumped as she was. With a little reluctance, Lyra managed to work her stub of an arm out of the sling and pointed it towards Iris. The rainbow Firestorm noticed the small amount of blood that had appeared, no doubt a result from the rapid movement from when Gilda and Lightning Dust appeared. Iris gently placed both of her hands over the severed area and closed her eyes.

A magic circle made of aquamarine light appeared beneath them, causing both girls to panic slightly. But Lyra went still when she started feeling something strange. Iris began drawing back her hands, but as she did a ray of light appeared, connected to the severed portion of Lyra’s arm. Iris kept pulling back and then released the ray of light, allowing the end of it to take the form of a hand.

Lyra suddenly felt a warm, tingling feeling running through her upper arm and flowing down into the light arm. Bandages burned away, showing the point at where the light connected to Lyra’s arm. Within seconds the light peeled away, changing into sparkling particles. With each little bit that peeled away, Lyra could see something underneath the light. Iris tapped the arm with her right index finger, causing the final pieces of light to break away, unveiling Lyra’s regrown arm.

BonBon clasped her hands around her mouth, tears of happiness running down her face. Lyra gave an experimental clenching of the hand, making a fist, and then flexing each individual finger. She then began to bend her elbow and move her arm around, thankful it had not been that long since she lost her arm and the feeling of how to move it was still fresh in her mind. Lyra’s expression of disbelief morphed quickly into one of sheer joy.

Lyra held onto her newly regenerated arm with her right hand, clenching it tightly as if fearing it would disappear as part of a cruel joke, but it was real. BonBon hugged Lyra, her tears of joy still falling from down her cheeks as she smiled widely. Lyra looked up at Iris, who smiled back at her.

“Thank you,” said Lyra, it was all she could think to say, for how could mere words express how happy she was for this miracle.

Iris nodded and stood up, she then took a few steps back and shot up back through the hole in the roof, climbing to a safe altitude from which to watch over the city. Sunset and Rainbow appeared next to Iris in astral form, with Sunset crying a little as she looked to Iris.

“Thank you for doing that,” said Sunset.

Iris nodded towards Sunset.

“That was pretty neat, Sunset, I guess…you’re not a total bitch.”

Sunset rolled her eyes, knowing that was probably as good a compliment as she was getting out of Rainbow Dash.

“So, how are we supposed to, you know, split apart?” Rainbow asked.

“We’ll need to see Twilight, she needs to know that –”

Suddenly a column of orange and purple light erupted in the distance, grabbing the attention of Sunset, Rainbow Dash, and Iris.

“That came from AJ’s farm!”

“How the heck would you know that?!” Sunset asked.

“Trust me, Iris double time it towards that light!”

At once!

Iris’ wings glowed as she shot off like a rocket towards the light, neither of them knowing what exactly they were going to find when they arrived.

During the whole battle, the Sirens had kept a close eye on Sunset and how she fought against their pawns. There was no doubt left in their minds, the energy that the new fusion gave off was most assuredly Equestrian magic.

“I can’t believe it, it’s the real thing,” said Aria in awe.

“Does this mean…what I think it means?!” Sonata asked with hope in her voice.

“Yes, it means we may’ve finally found our way back home after all these centuries.” Adagio clenched at her ruby necklace, feeling the leftover magical residue of Sunset’s magical energy. “And from what I can tell, her magic very potent.”

Sonata wiped a tears from her eye, feeling more happiness than she ever felt. Aria was ecstatic, on the inside, still keeping her cool “I don’t care” demeanor prominent, but that didn’t stop her from standing next to Sonata and giving her a little half hug.

“So, how do take her?” Aria asked.

“Not now, it seems something else is happening, another source of magical energy. For some reason, it’s a slightly different signature than Sunset Shimmer’s,” said Adagio.

The three Sirens looked into the direction of the column of orange and purple light, and spotting how the amalgamated Firestorm flew towards it. Adagio had only planned for the use of Gilda and Lightning Dust, there were no other surprises after that.

So what could that be?

“Should we got after her? See what that light was about?” Sonata asked.

Adagio thought for a moment, but in the shook her head in protest. “No, for now we will leave them to their devices. And as for Sunset, we’ll need to have a talk with her soon.”

Aria grunted in annoyance at the idea of negotiation. “Do really need to talk to her?! The three of us together could just take her magic!”

Adagio walked up to Sonata and Aria, and clasped both of them on the shoulder. “I understand how badly you want to go back, but we need to approach this carefully. If it turns out that she’s the only one who knows how to cross between this world and Equestria, then we’ll need her to keep her magic for the time being. That doesn’t mean we can’t convince her to show us.”

The yellow Siren’s gaze narrowed as a sinister smile appeared. “And if it so happens that she has no means to get us back home, well, we’ll just go with plan B.”

Sonata and Aria really hoped that there was a way to go back home, so too did Adagio, but they had made bided their time this long, a little more patience wouldn’t kill them. Besides, their fallback plan wasn’t so bad. Adagio released both Sonata and Aria and made her way to the mall.

“Come girls, we need to make sure that that girls little secret, stays secret. If the rest of the Organization knows about this then our opportunity will be blown out of the water.”

“Alright!” Sonata agreed.

“Let’s do it,” said Aria.

All three Sirens stood before the entrance to the mall, which was swarming with EMTs and police. They began walking forward, their necklaces glowing brighter as they absorbed the leftover magical energies in the air. Their eyes glowed red for a moment and as one they began to sing.

♪ Haaaaa~ Aaaaaha~ Haaaaah~ Haaaaa~ Aaaaaha~ Aaaaaah~ ♪

♪ Haaaaa~ Aaaaaha~ Haaaaah~ Haaaaa~ Aaaaaha~ Aaaaaah~ ♪

♪ Haaaaa~ Aaaaaha~ Haaaaah~ Haaaaa~ Aaaaaha~ Aaaaaah~ ♪

PreviousChapters Next