• Published 6th Dec 2013
  • 12,108 Views, 794 Comments

Guardian - Requiem17



After making an emergency slipspace exit Spartan II Ale finds himself the last survivor of UNSC Enduring Ember. Ale becomes the defender of Equestria. But there are dark forces rising. Can Ale defend our beloved ponies?

  • ...
54
 794
 12,108

Residence

Ale stared at the floor he was sitting on. When the ship failed to jump he checked the necessary operating systems and discovered that the main line from the slip space generator to the engines was severed. Ale didn't have the necessary tools or knowledge to fix it. AIs aren't exactly input with this knowledge as well.

The sound of hooves woke Ale up from his stupor. He looked up and saw Luna looking at him with sadness. After a few moments he looked back down shaking his head. He expected Luna to offer words of comfort or something to that degree. Instead she walked over and sat down next to him, leaning on him with her head on his chest. Ale looked into her eyes and saw an unknown emotion in them. He wasn't sure whether or not he was comfortable with this so he just sat there. He raised his hand and caressed her mane. She seemed to enjoy this as she closed her eyes and relaxed.

After a few minutes Luna opened her eyes and asked softly, "What do you intend to do now?"

Ale thought for a few moments before replying, "Well there isn't any slip space capable vehicles aboard so I guess I'm stuck here. I'm mad at Celestia but I will take her up on her offer."

Luna smiled and began to stand up. "Are you ready to go?"

"Actually there are a few things I need to grab. Where is this Ponyville I'm supposed to go to?"

"It's West of Canterlot by the large forest that you had hidden in."

"Perfect." Ale stood and walked over to the AI hologram. When the AI appeared Ale said, "Set the ship in geocentric orbit over this position."

"Yes sir."

Ale motioned for Luna to follow him as he walked out. He headed for the hangar. When he arrived he was disappointed to find all the vehicles trashed or overturned. He snooped around looking for anything salvageable when he approached another storage bay tucked in the side of the hangar. The panel next to the door required a key card for access. "What kind of goodies are hidden behind here?"

Ale looked at Luna, "You might want to stand back." Luna looked confused but did as Ale asked. He nodded and walked away from the door as well. He reached the other side and braced his feet against the ground in a runners stance. After a few deep breaths he ran forward, denting the metal grating under his thunderous approach. He braced his shoulder as he rammed into the door with more strength than a speeding Warthog. The door groaned as it broke from its clamps and fell inwards with a loud clang. Ale turned to see a shocked Luna. Ale smiled to himself and flicked his helmet lights on to see in the gloom. He was awed at what he saw.

The ship had been stocked with a few prototype vehicles that Ale had only heard about. Ale had eavesdropped on a group of engineers and learned that these vehicles used a technology similar to Ales weapons to power them. They basically had an unlimited amount of fuel is what Ale had gotten out of it. Once more he was a soldier, not an egg head. There was a Broadsword, Pelican, and a warthog in special clamps meant only for transport, not actual use. He browsed them and discovered that they possessed a glowing blue engine core like his weapon magazines only a lot larger. He clapped his hands in giddy excitement before turning to Luna who had broken out of her awe.

"Want to go for a ride?"

"S… Sure."

"Good." Ale approached the Broadsword and gripped its locking clamps. He broke them with ease and rolled the Broadsword out of the storage bay into the main hangar. He carefully jumped up onto it remembering what had happened last time and opened the canopy. "Hop into this back seat here." Luna complied with a nervous excitement, struggling to sit upright like a human. Ale strapped her in which helped her sit correctly. He hopped into the pilots seat and strapped himself into his harness. He began the start up sequence and was surprised to find the engine noise to be almost exactly the same as the typical Broadsword engine.

He shrugged and took control of the plane. He slowly exited the hangar for Lunas sake and began to slowly accelerate. "Ready Luna?"

Luna replied with a nervous, "Yes."

Ale smiled evilly and replied, "Hang on!" He punched it forward, listening to Lunas' scream of surprise. She calmed down but was marveling at the speed of the machine and looked out at her night sky. Ale approached the planet at a smoother trajectory than last time and only met slight turbulence. He saw the majestic castle of Canterlot far below him on the mountainside. He noticed a very small town to the West and asked Luna if that was Ponyville.

"Yes. Princess Twilight and her friends should be there. When we get there head for the big oak tree near the middle of town."

Ale grinned as he decided to surprise them with his entrance.

----------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash collapsed on her bed, tired after their return journey from Canterlot. She began to slip into a peaceful slumber when a distant whining caught her attention. She slowly got up, frustrated at whoever was making that noise. As she stepped outside the noise became louder. She looked around and saw a distant spot rapidly becoming larger.

"What the hay?" It was almost upon her. She blinked and it had already passed. She winced when the sonic boom reached her sensitive ears. "It's not getting away that easy!" She exclaimed. She took to the sky and began to chase it down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ale had seen Rainbow Dash as he passed a floating cloud house. Ponyville was still a good distance away. Ale was about to slow down when a rainbow appeared beside him. He looked over and saw Rainbow Dash smirking at him as she flew at Mach 1 speeds beside him. She struggled to point at Ponyville and Ale understood that she wanted to race. He nodded and she began to pull ahead of him.

Ale turned his body slightly, "Hold on Luna!" He wasn't sure if she would be able to withstand the G's they were about to experience. Ale opened the throttle slightly more catching up to Rainbow Dash rapidly. Seeing this she pulled up into a loop. Ale followed with a good weight settling in his stomach, his augmented body and pressure gel in his suit allowing him to tolerate the G’s. They then went into a barrel roll and performed a series of ariel stunts. Meanwhile Luna was turning green with the different weights moving rapidly throughout her body, her supernatural abilities and magic protecting her from passing out.

Rainbow soon became tired and headed to Ponyville. She landed next to the library and waited for Ale to land beside her. Dust blew all over the place as Ale dropped the Broadsword onto its landing gear, the engine winding down. He popped the canopy to find Luna kissing the ground with vigor. He chuckled and walked over to the panting cyan mare.

"Good race kid. I didn't expect a pegasus to be able to surpass the sound barrier."

She looked at him insulted and gasped out, "I'll have you know I'm the fastest pegasus in Equestria! I'm the only one to have performed a sonic rainboom!" She calmed down a bit as she caught her breath, "You’re not so bad yourself."

Ale scoffed, "I let you win. I can go much faster than that."

Rainbow brashly replied, "I'd like to see you prove it."

Ale chuckled and looked at Princess Luna who was still looking green. "After I perform a flyby can you teleport me back up to the Ember? I only need to grab one more thing." Luna nodded weakly. Ale turned and hopped back up into the jet. It soon roared to life, blasting dust at the crowd of ponies who had come to see the strange machine and to glimpse the alien they had heard rumors about. Ale lifted into the sky and shot away.

Rainbow didn't have to wait long. She heard the all to familiar sound of an object breaking the sound barrier. She looked expectantly in the direction Ale had gone. Her smile disappeared when she saw Ales ship moving much faster than she had ever seen before. She blinked and he had already passed the town by. The ensuing boom shook the ground and shattered every single window that hadn't been previously broken. Some ponies had fallen over from the impact of the waves. Rainbow dragged herself away from the ground, gaping in disbelief as she heard three more distant booms emanating from the craft. She watched the horizon and soon saw Ales machine slow down and approach the ground again.

As Ale hopped out the rest of the ponies came to their senses. They forgot their anger about their windows when they saw the sheer size of the alien in front of them. Ale looked around and noticed the windows. "I can pay for that."

Luna shook her head, "Do not worry. The royal treasury will take care of it. Just try not to do it again. Ale nodded and pointed a finger up. Luna understood this and said goodbye to Rainbow Dash. Her horn lit up and Ale felt his body being pulled in all directions. He resisted this and Luna began to look a bit strained. "Ale, don't resist. You’re resistant to magic and I need you to cooperate to allow me to teleport you. Ale relaxed and a bright light enveloped him.

He opened his eyes and looked around at the hangar he had shown up in. Ale walked back to the specialized Pelican and Warthog. He broke their clamps and wheeled the pelican onto the main floor. He went back to the Warthog and was disappointed that it wouldn't start. He shrugged and figured he could fix it.

He pushed it over and clamped it to the pelican. Ale walked to the armory and loaded a duffle bag with a shotgun, battle rifle, and a DMR. He crammed as much ammunition into the bag as he could. He then found a rocket launcher and a sniper rifle. He placed these into their respective cases and carried these out to the pelican.

After scrounging through the ship Ale had collected enough MREs to last him a few months. He also had an engineering kit and some medical cases. He took these and a few other miscellaneous things and loaded them up into the Pelican. Satisfied that he had everything he would need he climbed into the pilots seat and took off towards the planet.

------------------------------------------------------

Ale landed next to the Broadsword and stepped out of the cargo bay to find Twilight waiting for him.

"Princess Celestia has asked that you stay with me until we can find a place of your own." She looked past him and saw the equipment inside of the Pelican. Her eyes lit up with excitement. "Are you going to let me study that? It could propel pony technology decades, probably centuries!"

Ale replied, "You may not. That equipment is dangerous and pony kind doesn't have a need for it."

Twilight looked a bit crestfallen but then looked a bit angry. "What do you have in there?"

Ale could tell she was a brownnoser and that she wouldn't stop until she found out. ‘Better that I tell her instead of her harming herself or others.’ "I have MREs, medkits, some tools, and weapons."

Her angered look became stern, "What do you need weapons for? And what are MREs?"

Ale sighed, a bit impatient, "The weapons are for my protection along with the ponies protection. Don't deny me my weapons otherwise I'll become difficult to live with. MREs are Meals Ready to Eat."

Twilight pouted a bit at the first part but brightened up at the last part. "Can you at least tell me and show me what you eat?"

Ale shrugged figuring there was no harm in this. "Sure."

Twilight nodded, happy that he had given some ground. "Now your, uhh, 'toys' can go into the shed behind the library. Ale nodded and began hauling his equipment to the shed. As he rounded the corner he discovered that her 'shed' was more like a large garage. He opened the door and discovered it to be virtually empty.

Twilight spoke behind him, "I haven't had much use for it. So you can do what you like with it." Ale smiled, happy with this arrangement. He turned towards Twilight.

"Can I knock out a part of this wall? I'd like to turn it into a garage and a workshop."

Twilight nodded. "You can borrow some tools from Applejack. She lives over in the apple orchard east of town. That reminds me, we're going to have to find you a job."

Ale nodded and walked back over to the Pelican. He locked everything up. "What are you doing?" Twilight asked.

"Making sure nobody..."

"Nopony,” a pink blur had said as she zipped by at impossible speeds.

"How did..."

"Again don't ask. It's just Pinkie being Pinkie,” Twilight said.

Ale shook his head, "Anyways nopony will tamper with my stuff. I really don't want them to explode or anything."

Twilight paled a bit but nodded.

Ale clapped his hands and began walking towards the distant apple trees. "Later Twilight. I shouldn't be long."