• Published 8th Mar 2015
  • 8,682 Views, 84 Comments

Rum, Powder, and a Scarred Drake - The Soviet Turtle



Seven years after an incedeint with Spike. The mane six, the CMC and the princesses take a ride on a galleon. Which is soon taken over by an enemy ship. They take the ponies in board and plan to hold them captive for ransom. But a certain drake comes

  • ...
10
 84
 8,682

"Let's get one thing straight."

In the golden oaks library, as the morning began with the sun rising. A smaller purple and green dragon just started to arise, rubbing his eyes and crawling out of his basket. As he stretched a tiny orange bird flied down towards the dragon. The dragon saw the little bird chirping on his bed and held one of his claws down for the bird to jump onto. He soon raised the bird up to his eyes.

“Morning Peewee, you sleep okay?” the dragon asked.

The little bird responded by looking up chirping happily.

“Well I had a good one, some issues like-“

“Spike! Can you come down here please?” a voice was heard from downstairs. The dragon named Spike sighed and set the bird on one the drawer before making his way downstairs.

“No rest for the wicked, as they say.” He said to himself.

As he reached downstairs, he saw a purple unicorn reading a book with her magic, with a finished plate of breakfast in front of her. She moved the book out of the way to see the drake.

“Morning Spike.”

“Good morning Twilight.” Spike said as he made his way to the kitchen to make breakfast for him and some food for Peewee.

“Be sure to get ready straight away, we have to go and help Fluttershy with her animals today.” Twilight yelled from the table before using her magic to chuck her dishes in the sink and walked away to gather stuff for the day.

Spike meanwhile made a quick breakfast and some food for Peewee, ran back to his room and set the two plates down. Peewee flied down and dove into the food.

“He, at least you’re there for me Peewee.”

The phoenix tilted his head in confusion.

“Oh, it’s nothing. Come on, let’s finish this and head off.” Spike said. The bird agreeing, both of them digging in. they both finished, grabbed a bag full of backup supplies. Even though Twilight said was unnecessary. Spike, With Peewee sitting on his shoulder, walked downstairs, ready for the job he had today.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As the powerful Gryphon ship was blown apart and was sunk to the bottom, the crew cheered as they relaxed in their plunders with rum and coin. The group of ponies were brought onto the ship, with unhappy banterer from the crew of this new ship they knew not the name of. As they were directed to the captain’s quarters by the Earth pony with goggles, they had a slight feeling of relief. They had been taken away from the cruel Gryphon captain, but were now in the presence of not only pirates, but an old friend who they had no idea of what he had done since…then.

They entered the cabin and was amazed. On one wall was an array of weapons, some that they had never seen before. Mainly swords and firearms. On the other side, an array of flags where hanging up. One was the Equestrian Royal Navy flag, another a Gryphon Navy flag. And an arrange of other flags, possibly for other Powerful Navies. All over the floor and desk were books, lots and lots of books. And a huge map in the middle of the desk with some ink and a feather.

But the one main obvious thing, was an angry looking drake. Rifle along his back, sitting in his chair. With a phoenix next to him looking equally angrily.

“Spike…” Twilight tried to come up with something to ask. But she had nothing. Not after what happened.

“Well great. As my life is going well right now. The past keeps coming back to haunt me. Fate really hates me doesn’t it?” Spike said out loud.

“…is this is what you have become? A pirate? A thief, a murderer?” Twilight asked.

“Well, what did you except for me to do? Dance like a bucking idiot in the street for money in front of the greediest bastards? Not for me thanks.” Spike responded.

“Well, you wouldn’t have had to go if you didn’t-“Twilight said.

“Oh, this brings back memories. Being told what I should have done because little miss princess knows all so bucking much. I’m not a little baby dragon any more. Hell, I was nearly you guys age and I was still treated like I just learned what 2+2 is.” Spike pointed out, the grown up Peewee nodded in agreement.

Now to the Cutie mark Crusaders and the Princesses, they sensed Spike was mainly letting out his anger at the mane six. The Cutie mark crusaders were told a safe version of what had happened, the princesses knew what had happened from Twilight’s eyes.
Although, they always had some doubts about it. Princess Celestia decided to break it up before the argument ended them up in dinghies in the middle of the ocean.

“I believe we have some bigger matters to discuss. Like where what we shall do.” Spike calmed down and got serious.

“Okay. So where do you think you need to be dropped off?” Spike asked.

“Mamajia is where we were headed. Where are we currently?” Celestia asked.

“Right here.” Spike pointed to the right side of the map, slightly north of a Gryphon colony. Mamajia was on the opposite side of the Sea. Celestia paled when she saw how close they were to the colony. She started to breathe faster when she saw how far Mamajia was. She slowly calmed down and asked.

“Spike, I normally don’t negotiate with pirates. But if you help us get to Mamajia, then you and all your crew will be rewarded.” She said, this got Spike’s attention. He pondered before coming up with an answer.

“Alright, I’ll take you to Mamajia.” Spike said.

“Oh, Spike, thank-“Twilight was interrupted.

“But let’s get one thing straight. If I hear anything from the crew or my band about you attacking them verbally or physically, and all fingers point guilty to you. I will not resist to leave you in a boat or an island and sail away.” He said, pointing mainly at the mane six.

The six gulped in fear and nodded quickly.

Now the CMC watching this all noticed something. Not only had Spike changed, but he must have been hit hard to threaten the elements of harmony in front of the princesses. Maybe it had something to do with what happened.

“Alright. Now I’m going up to man the wheel and explain to the crew what’s happening. I’ll ask one of my band to help you to your new quarters. And don’t think you getting anything special because you’re wearing a crown. If you want to get to Mamajia, then you’ll have to follow the rules and the conditions the crew has to go through. Including beds and food. Although do feel free to come on up to the top deck if you’re not tired. Get to see what life on the other side is like.”

Spike finished before getting up, leading the group to the double doors and leading them outside. Peewee taking this chance and lying out of the cabin and up to the crow’s nest. While the Gryphon with the swords was waiting.

“Guerrier, can you show our guests to the beds? I have to go and address the crew.” Spike asked.

“Of Course.” Guerrier said with a slight Prench accent.

“Thanks.” Spike said as he walked up to the wheel, leaving the group with the Gryphon.

“If you would follow me.” Guerrier said as he opened the hatch which lead below deck. He held it open as the group all walked down and entered the lower deck. Guerrier lead them to some hammocks and wooden bunks with mattresses on them.

“Have a good rest ladies, you probably deserve it after staying on that ship for so long.” Guerrier said as he left the group be.

The mares where left alone inside the wooden sleeping areas, with Princess Celestia soon addressing to all.

“Well, it seems we are stuck here. But do not fear, we shall be home soon, if Spike keeps his word. Let us rest our backs now, the floors where not the best to sleep on back there.” Celestia said as she herself laid on one of the beds and stretched herself out. The Mane Six soon followed ether choosing the blankets or Hammocks. While Luna and the CMC where still up.

“Well, I shall see to top deck, and see if the Moon needs to be lifted.” Luna said as the left the CMC by themselves.

“So what do you girls wanna do?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“I say we should go top deck, have a look at what real pirates are like. Plus I get to stretch my wings.” Scootaloo asked.

“Ah’ll go up, but to see if they need any help. They may be pirates but it don’t mean they don’t need help.” Applebloom said.

“Okay, let’s go.” Sweetie Belle said.

As the three pushed the hatch open, they looked around to see most of the crew paying attention to Spike.

-And if anyone of you are caught trying to have your way with the guests. Rese here has agreed to teach you some manners.” Spike yelled, the giant zebra from before nodded and smirked, sending shockwaves of fear throughout most of the crew.

“Alright then, why are you still standing around? We’ve got some passengers who need to be delivered.” Spike said.

Most of the crew dispersed and went back to many of the jobs aboard the ship. Adjusting the sails, checking the cannons, scrubbing the decks, all that. The CMC soon left there little hiding spot and walked up to the wheel where Luna and Spike where currently talking.

Spike pointed to the crow’s nest and Luna nodded before flying up to raise the moon. Spike then noticed the three Mares that had just arrived.

“Hey girls. Wanted to see what it’s like on a pirate ship?” Spike asked.

“Well, yeah. But also some other things.” Scootaloo said.

“Oh?” Spike became curious.

“Yeah, we wanna help ya’ll out around here.” Applebloom said.

“Hmm…alright then. I see no harm with that.” Spike said.

“Cutie Mark Crusader Pirates!” the three girls announced. Spike just chuckled, they may have gotten older but something’s never change.

“Okay. Scootaloo, how about you help with the rigging up top? There’ll be a Changeling up their named Viva. Go ask her what you can do and say Spike sent you up.”

“Roger.” Scootaloo saluted before flapping her wings and flying into the sails.

“Applebloom, one of my first mates could use an assistant to help with her machines and designs and all that. She should be below deck but you go right instead of left and find a door with some wrenches on it. Her name is Gear Wrench and tell her I sent you down to help.”

“Alrighty then.” Applebloom said as she ran off for the lower decks.

“And Sweetie Belle, do you know any maritime songs?” Spike asked.

“Yeah, I learned some before we were captured. Why?” Sweetie asked.

“How about you start up a tune to get the crew going? Nothing gets them working faster than a catchy tune.” Spike said.

“Alright, I’ll try. Just don’t expect any miracles.” Sweetie said as she cleared her voice and started the song.

I thought I heard the Old Stallion say:
"Leave her, Johnny, leave her."
Tomorrow you will get your pay,
And it's time for us to leave her. The old Stallion say:
Leave her, Johnny, leave her!
Oh, leave her, Johnny, leave her!
For the voyage is long and the winds don't blow
And it's time for us to leave her.

By this point as Sweetie sung loud, some of the crew had noticed. And not only did they think it was sung beautifully, they soon joined in with Sweetie Belle.

Oh, the wind was foul and the sea ran high.
"Leave her, Johnny, leave her!"
She shipped it green and none went by.
And it's time for us to leave her.
I hate to sail on this rotten tub.
"Leave her, Johnny, leave her!"
No grog allowed and rotten grub.
And it's time for us to leave her.

By now the entire crew was singing, creating what seemed like a positive atmosphere as the crew sailed for Mamajia. Spike smiled to himself from behind the wheel. The ship soon slowly sailing into the now lifted Moon, finishing the song.


We swear by rote for want of more.
"Leave her, Johnny, leave her!"
But now we're through so we'll go on shore.
And it's time for us to leave her.

Author's Note:

sea shanties get to me for some reason, i don't know why.

Proofread by StarBrony3.

Keep calm and tomahawk on.