• Published 8th Mar 2015
  • 8,669 Views, 84 Comments

Rum, Powder, and a Scarred Drake - The Soviet Turtle



Seven years after an incedeint with Spike. The mane six, the CMC and the princesses take a ride on a galleon. Which is soon taken over by an enemy ship. They take the ponies in board and plan to hold them captive for ransom. But a certain drake comes

  • ...
10
 84
 8,669

Tales from a Drake's crew

“Good morning Fluttershy.”

“Oh good morning Twilight, good morning Spike,” Fluttershy said to the two visitors at her doorstep.

“Are you ready for the picnic?” Twilight asked.

“Oh yes, I was just about to go,” Fluttershy said.

Spike watched as a little white bunny hopped from behind the door, immediately beginning to feel a lot more annoyed.

“I hope it isn’t any trouble t-to bring Angel along? I-I won’t if you mind.” Fluttershy said.

“We don’t mind Fluttershy and I’m sure the girls will also be fine with it,” Twilight told her friend.

“Speak for yourself,” Spike said in his head.

“O-okay then,” Fluttershy said, grabbing her saddlebags and putting them on her back while Angel hopped up and onto her back. Fluttershy locked her door while angel pokes his tongue out at Spike and Peewee, taunting the two. Spike saw the look in Peewee’s eyes, knowing what the bird was thinking.

“No Peewee, don’t eat him,” Spike whispered to his bird. Peewee gave Angel a look saying you’re lucky this time.’ and stood done.

“Good bird, I’ll try to sneak you some extra food,” Spike told his bird, who chirped up fast.

“Spike! Pay attention!”

Spike looked to see Fluttershy and Twilight already walking towards the picnic, the two waiting patiently for him.

“Hey wait up!”
_________________________________________________________
The waves brushed upon the ship, the sun hovering right above as the crew basked in the hot sunlight with the cool sea breeze also rolling in as they maintained the ship.

Below the decks, inside Gear’s workshop, the mechanic was working on a new powder for the cannons to help the cannonballs penetrate the hull, Applebloom assisting her when she could.

“So ah just hold tha cannon still?” Applebloom asked, holding a spare cannon that was to be loaded with the power.

“Yep, just keep it still while I finish the powder.” Gear Wrench said, working over a small chemistry set.

“So what exactly does tha powder do?” Applebloom asked again.

“Well it’s a special gunpowder recipe, Rese got it from his sister, supposedly draconic.” Gear Wrench said.

“Draconic? Ya mean made by dragons?”

“Yep, legend says this powder let a lone brig destroy three frigates without much but a scratch from the battle.” Gear Wrench explains, placing a final ingredient in, causing a puff of smoke and the concoction to be finished.

“Okay, just have to wait for the powder to cool before we test it.” Gear told her assistant.

“How long?” Applebloom asked.

“Not too long; so what do we do in the meantime? Anything you want to talk about?” gear asked Applebloom.

“Um, actually; There’s one thing ah’m curious ‘bout,” Applebloom said, looking slightly away.

“Ok.” Gear replied.

“How did ya meet Spike?”

“You mean when I first met him?” Gear asked.

“Yeah, I always wondered what happened to Spike after... The incident,” Applebloom said.

“Well, I guess I can tell you.” Gear Wrench said.

“Thank you kindly.” Applebloom thanked her mentor.

“No problem kid, now listen up.” Gear Wrench told Applebloom before clearing her throat and telling her story.
_________________________________________________________
No matter what the others might say, I was the first to meet the captain. Guerrier or Rese might disagree but I was the first! I met the guy before he was even a captain, let alone a pirate.

I was just in a small harbour town as I used to do, travelling around towns, looking for odd jobs, seeing if anypony needed a mechanic; and as usual, I was at the local pub, taking in the fine ale and quenching my thirst from a morning or walking. Back then I still wore my goggles like a hat and carried saddlebags that had all my stuff inside.

I was in the middle of my second round, enjoying the songs of the pub before the doors opened up and everypony in the pub looked over. I myself looked over to see a surprising face. I saw him wearing nothing but a pack whose handle wrapped around his shoulder, a rifle strapped to his back and a belt that held a sword and probably a pistol. On his shoulder was a Phoenix, sitting comfortably.

Now everypony in the pub was either shocked or disgusted at what just walked into their pub, but I couldn’t help but be intrigued by the fellow. I’d never seen such a colourful character as I did then because back then I’d only heard tales of dragons and phoenixes. I heard one was a beast the other was a personal pet for the Princess, so a mix was surprisingly odd but the fire aspect also gave me a connection between the two, he just looked at everypony with a deadpanned stare but it told everypony he really didn’t want company, his bird copying his stare before he sat down at the bar, a few seat down from mine.

“What’ll it be?” The barkeep said in a tone like he’d asked it time and time before.

“Ale.” The drake said.

“That’ll be three bits.” The barkeep replies.

He just pulled three bits easy out of that satchel by his side, which the barkeep took and replaced with a cup of frothing ale. He drunk from the cup like he hadn’t had it in weeks.

“So what brings you to our little pub?” The barkeep asks.

“Just a traveller, looking for work, looking for a new place.” The drake replied.

“Right then, best of luck to ya.” The barkeep says as he goes to take another customer's order.

“You too.” The drake replies, taking another sip of his ale.

That’s when I decided to help the guy. Anypony else would have probably left him alone but I knew what it was like, looking from town to town for a place to call home.

“Hey, I heard you're looking for work,” I said to him, he looked back at me with intrigue.

“Yes, I am looking for work.”

“Well, I think I could help you,” I told him.

“Why would you help me?” He asked, his brow raised slightly.

“I overheard what you said, I can relate to you. I’m also looking for work, it’s hard keeping a good mechanic job.” I explained to him.

“…Okay, I’m listening.” He says after a small silence.

“Name’s Gear Wrench,” I say, offering a hoof. He looks at it before shaking it with his claw.

“Spike.”

“Well Spike, I was down South in one of the bigger ports, when I came across this job offer,” I explain to him as I pull out a piece of paper and hand it to him. He looks at it while I take a sip of my ale. He then folds the paper and shoves it into one of his pockets.

“Thanks.” He said before he chugged the last of his ale and slammed it on the counter.

“See you around?” I say to him as he gets up. He looks back and smirks.

“Sure, see you around.”

He left after that. I meet him again later in life in one of the larger ports but this time he was the captain of his own ship! A pirate one as well! But naturally I had no bits left and he offered me a job on board his ship so I took it. I’ve travelled with him ever since.
_________________________________________________________
“So yeah, that’s pretty much it.” Gear Wrench said as she finished her story.

“So that’s what happened ta Spike after the incident,” Applebloom said to herself.

“Now come on! I want to make sure the powders good to go; I’m getting hungry.” Gear Wrench said, as she grabbed a bag and dug into the bowl to get as much powder as she could. Applebloom saluted before holding the cannon in place as Gear Wrench smiled, excited to see the results of her work.
_________________________________________________________
Scootaloo grabbed the rope with her teeth, pulling on it with her might as the knot tightened around the wooden pole. She let the rope go as she flew back up to look at her work. She smiled as the sail was hanging proud and caught the wind to display itself to the rest of the world.
Her wings flapped as she ascended to join Viva in the crow’s nest, the Changeling already waiting for the Pegasus.

“So? How’d I do that time?” Scootaloo asked.

“Better, but still not fast enough,” Viva said.

“Oh come on! Really?” Scootaloo said, frustrated.

“Yes, now would you like to try again or would you like a break?” Viva asked her.

“I’ll show you! I’ll beat that time easy!” Scootaloo said.

“Your wings look tired, you should really take a break Scootaloo,” Viva warned her.

“I’m fine.”

“Scootaloo, you won’t beat that time if you don’t have the energy,” Viva warned again.

“I’ll be fine,” Scootaloo said, aggressively.

“Please don’t make me have to hold you still,” Viva said.

“How will you be able to do that?” Scootaloo asked.

(Five minutes later.)

Viva held her hooves up as a makeshift photo frame as Scootaloo found herself tied to the crow’s nest pole with a rope.

“I wish I could capture this moment,” Viva said.

“Let me go!” Scootaloo demanded.

“Told you,” Viva said to her makeshift captive as she pretended to frame the photo.

“I’ll break out of here sooner or later!” Scootaloo told Viva as she shook herself, trying to free from the rope.

“Later probably,” Viva said.

The two stayed like this for a while, Scootaloo attempting to free herself while Viva watched in enjoyment.

“At least you’re finally resting,” Viva said.

“Can you let me out now? I think I’m getting rope burns.” Scootaloo asked.

“You’ll get used to it, rope burns aren’t the biggest problem on board a ship like this,” Viva said.

“What do you mean like this? What’s worse than this ship?” Scootaloo asked.

Scootaloo waited for an answer, and waited, but all the noise heard was the crew and waves below. She looked up to see Viva sitting in front of her, her eyes fallen to the floor.

“…Viva?”

“…Do you know what happens to us? To us Changelings?” Viva asked, looking directly into Scootaloo’s eyes.
_________________________________________________________
Queen Chrysalis was an idiot, and a failure of a military strategist; she threw all of our troopers into the invasion, leaving our workers and eggs defenceless. I’m told promises of land, wealth and love were made by her, rallying the troopers for a glorious conquest of Equestria; except it wasn’t a conquest, it was a complete and utter failure.

After the invasion, Changelings were no longer considered just weird creatures from the Badlands; we were the enemies of equestrian. Whole armies of ponies marched through the Badlands with one goal and one goal in mind. To finish off the Changeling race. This was an expedition led by Prince Blueblood, which was possibly the worse fact of the whole ordeal.

The spell that launched the Changelings out of Canterlot separated whole divisions into small ragtag groups, with no idea as to how to get back to the home base. Some starved, some died from the heat, and some crossed back into Equestria and got captured. Only a few made it back, and even then the worse was to come.

When the guards stumbled onto the home base and found the workers and eggs, they were surprised to find no troopers and no Queen Chrysalis. When Prince Blueblood heard of this, he decided he could profit off of us; and he did it in one of the worst ways possible. Underground Slavery.

I was just a pupil, only a year or two old, when the guards marched in and grabbed us. I was confused, I was scared, and I screamed when they began to grab us and threw us into cages.

Prince Blueblood and his rich friends were able to capture the whole of the Changeling race. So much history, so much culture, and so many Changelings futures. Gone, all gone.

From there it got worse. I grew up being whipped, seeing death, used for pleasure and being treated with less respect than the gardening tools. I’ve heard stories of Canterlot snobs having their Changeling slaves disguise themselves as pony servants, Changelings sold to Diamond Dogs to mine.

For the most of my early life, I believed there was nothing left for me but work, nothing but serving the next snobbish unicorn who punishes us because his horns bigger than his dick and he need to compensate.
I was eventually sold onto a slave ship, waiting for the next snob to use me and then sell me or kill me again. But on the way, we were attacked; it was right then and there I thought I would finally be released, that I could be lifted off the curse of constant work and pleasure and I was released, but not by death.

I remember the first time I saw the captain. The sun shone brightly from above, and the first thing I saw enter from out of the blue sky and the floating clouds was a purple dragon, rifle in his claw and on one knee as he looked below us. I could only describe the look on his face as one of complete horror and shock. He later told me it was because he could never believe what he had seen, that he couldn’t believe somepony could allow this.

The captain gave us an option when his crew freed us. Either we can join his crew and him, or we can be free, get help, and have our future back. I decided to join him, I was the only one who did. The captain smiled at my enthusiasm and patted me on the back and said ‘welcome aboard’.

We were soon fed food, actual food. I don’t believe I’ve ever felt more stuffed than at that moment. We sailed for several days before we docked, my fellow Changelings being taken to a care house before they would be helped back into the real world. I wished them the best of luck, as they did to me before we sailed away.
_________________________________________________________
“The captain saved me, he saved us all from a shallow life; for that, I am forever in his debt,” Viva explained.

Scootaloo felt a whole lot of what could only be described as ‘pony guilt’. She had no idea what happened after the Changeling invasion, she always thought once the invasion was stopped, ponies would steer clear of the Badlands. She was wrong, so wrong. Viva had slumped down looking at her hooves, Scootaloo not sure what to say for the longest time. Scootaloo finally summoned some words.

“I…I know how you feel.” She said.

“You know what I feel? How could you know!? You’re a pony! How could you possibly understand what I’ve been through!? What us Changelings have been through!? How dare you say that! What gives you a right to say that!?” Viva screamed at Scootaloo, tears whelming up in her eyes. Scootaloo just sighed before looking at the Changeling.

“When I was a filly, my wings weren’t fully developed. Growing up I had friends and I had food, but the one thing I didn’t have, the one thing I couldn’t have, was the ability to fly. To a Pegasus like us, flying is everything. We created a city made of clouds, we create our homes from clouds, we create factories and schools and stores and roads and pretty much everything from clouds. But the only way up there is either a hot air balloon or flying. I always dreamed of going to Cloudsdale growing up, I wanted to see the cloud buildings and the liquid rainbow. But I couldn’t because I couldn’t fly. My wings weren’t developed enough to fly, so while other fillies and colts flew up to Cloudsdale, I was stuck on the ground, landing on my face constantly. Ponies would make fun of me because I couldn’t fly, they made fun of me because I was different. I was lucky enough to have my friends with me all the way, but if it wasn’t for them, I would be all alone. That’s why I looked up to Rainbow Dash so much because she was so amazing at flying that I kept telling myself I was going to be just like her when I grow up. She was so awesome to me that I even created a whole fan club around her. When I eventually was able to fly, I flew straight towards Rainbow Dash and hugged her. I hugged her and cried into her fur while she hugged me back. I was so happy, I could finally fly. But I had to wait a long time for it to happen. I know that I can’t even begin to be on the same level of discrimination that you Changelings have gone through, but if it makes you feel any better, I can relate, in a weird way…I’m sorry Viva, I’m sorry.”

A silence enclosed the two ponies, both of them not saying a single word, just staring at each other for what felt like hours but was really a few minutes. The Changeling let out a silent whisper.

“Thank you Scootaloo,” Scootaloo smiled at Viva and nodded.

“You’re welcome Viva.”

The two just stayed in the crow’s nest, feeling the cool sea breeze blow over.
_________________________________________________________
Rainbow and Applejack scrubbed the deck of the ship, the toothbrushes they were given almost breaking into two from the pressure they put on the stick of wood. Rese the zebra watched the two work as he was placed in charge of the two, his strength that matched Big Mac’s was perfect for guard duty, especially since he had to guard Applejack, who was almost as strong as Big Mac.

Rainbow was concentrated on her work, trying to finish her punishment in the fastest time possible. Whenever a wild wave hit the ship and her bucket of water spilt, her patience got shorter and shorter, mumbling and grumbling insults as she scrubbed the wooden planks. Applejack, however, was actually more curious on Rese. She had never seen a stallion as strong as Big Mac, let alone a zebra. She thought he could give Bulk Biceps a run for his money. Just what did this guy do?

“So, Rese was it?” Applejack finally asked.

“Yes.” he replied with a deadpanned tone.

“How exactly did ya get so big?” she asked.

“Fighting,” Rese responded again.

“Fighting?” Applejack asked, sounding like she didn’t believe him.

“Fighting,” Rese replied again.

“Well, how’d ya get on tha ship in tha first place? Or meet Spike?” Applejack asked again.

Rese looked up in the air, appearing to reminisce of past memories. Applejack paid attention while Rainbow Dash jus continued to scrub fast.
_________________________________________________________
I grew up with a father and a little sister. My mother died from childbirth after my sister was born, so it was only us. We lived in a small port, in a small house, it wasn’t glamorous but it was cosy and we were happy. Many small fishing and merchant ships travelled there, sometimes a warship or a fleet would arrive but it was rare. My father worked on the docks, loading and unloading shipments and supplies from whatever ships arrived, so he was naturally strong. My little sister and I were usually alone at home, she and I would always play together, there weren’t a lot of other foals in town we could play with and our whole family wasn’t social.

My sister found that she had a talent in potion making, which father said was because his grandmother also made potions. She started small, simple potions and brews that could help with cuts or common diseases; but she soon began to advance onto more complex potions. My father was all too happy to support her, telling her that our mother would be proud of her. But the issue was the ingredients she needed were expensive, many had to be imported, some had to be found in the jungles and forests around the port, but father still supported her.

I loved my sister with all my heart, she was my little sister and I made a promise to my mother I would always protect her. When we began to run low on money, I joined my father at the docks to bring more money in. Over time, as I entered my adolescence, I had grown greatly, almost as strong as my father; but even with both of our jobs, we struggled to meet ends meet. My little sister always asked if her potions were too much trouble for us, but father told her not to worry, as long as she was happy it didn’t matter. We were all happy together, but it wasn’t to last.

While unloading metals from a merchant ship, my father suffered a fatal accident, he drowned below along with a crate of metal. I wasn’t working that day, one of his co-workers told us later that night, I stayed with my sister alright as we wept for our father.

My sister almost put off potion making, she partly blamed herself for his death since he was working to help her dream. I convinced her otherwise, saying he and mother wouldn’t want her to quit her dream when they worked so hard for her. I think she was able to make peace sometime afterwards, as did I, but I don’t believe we ever really recovered.

Soon my sister also began to enter adulthood, by then she had become so advanced that she could treat a wide range of injuries, becoming a local doctor for our part of the port. It gave us some money but the supplies cost more than the payments, and the docks didn’t pay as well as they had so we were on the brink of losing our home. I searched for another job, anything that could bring in the silver and gold we needed to live. I searched for a month before I heard of a place, an underground boxing rink of town that rewarded the winners of matches. I had become immensely strong from working at the docks so I decided to see if I was any good.

In my first fight, I knocked out my opponent with one hit. I was soon given as many coins from one match I would get from a month at the docks, I had found my calling.

My sister didn’t agree with my decision, believing the docks was better than fighting for money; but she understood the urgency of the issue, so she went along with it. She never felt alright with it, sometimes saying she could quit learning more potions so I could go back to the docks; but I always said to not worry about me, I was the older brother, I had to protect her, I made a promise.

I fought fight after fight after fight, eventually keeping my career up as local champion through to early adulthood. My sister had also reached adulthood, becoming what many considered a beautiful zebra, I was always there to scare the creeps away. With both of our careers, me as a boxing champ and her as a local potion brewer, we had enough to keep a roof over us and food to eat.

One night she told me she had overhead of a place in Equestria, a place where all the herbs and plants she ever needed were right there, called the Everfree forest. She said it housed ingredients she would normally have to import plus some that grew locally. She told me she was going to move there, to continue her work with potions, so that she could master potion crafting. I first said no, how could I protect her if she was in another country? But she convinced me to let her go, saying she was a grown zebra and didn’t need protection from her older brother all the time. I was reluctant, almost going as fast as to lock her away to make sure she couldn’t leave, but I released I had to let her go, it’s what my father and mother would want, for her to continue her dream.

She and I paid for her trip, one pass to Equestria and a train ticket to the nearest town from the Everfree. I almost cried as I waved to her, the ship disappearing over the horizon.

More time passed, and I was still the champion of the boxing rink. My sister and I would usually send letters to each other, I was glad to hear she was happy in Equestria. Although the letters helped, I was usually alone in the port. I had no friends as I was not very social, the only times I had the company of a mare she was paid for. All I truly had was that house, myself and the letters. That changed when the Captain arrived in port.

When I heard a challenger had arrived, I thought it would be like many of the other challengers to my title. They usually wouldn’t last a few hits before they were on their backs. But I was surprised to see a purple drake standing there, his fists ready to fight. One thing about the boxing rink back in my town, there were not gloves used, it was hoof-to-hoof fighting, but in this case, it was hoof-to-claw fighting.

As the bell rang, the two of us began to fight. I believe the fight would be mildly entertaining, but I was wrong as I found myself actually matched for strength. He and I must have fought for almost an hour, each of us almost ending the match but the other recovering, continuing the fight.

There were more viewers and more bets than any other fight I had been in, the height of my career.

I lost that fight, the captain finally won the match. He offered me his claw as I heard arguments erupting all around the ring. I grabbed his claw and pulled myself up, he patted me on the back saying thanks for the match. After the fight he walked up to me wearing his usual attire and gave me a bag, it was the money he received for winning the match.

I had never met someone that could beat me, and I had never met a dragon as well. He then offered me a position on his ship, one of his first mates. I accepted the offer, even though he informed me of his pirate traits and background, I never had the cleanest history as well. I took what little I had in my house, said farewell to my mother and father before I left the port, now a part of the captain’s fine crew.
_________________________________________________________
“Since then, I have had no regrets joining. I have learned how to wield a weapon, I have learned how to maintain a rowdy crew, and I got myself some friends for once.” Rese said, finishing his story to Applejack.

“Wow…That’s a mighty fine tale right there.” She said.

“Oh come on, you can’t be falling for this right Applejack?” Rainbow said.

“What?” Applejack said, astonished at Dash’s tone.

“Really? For all we know he could be making this stuff up, maybe Spike told him some things before we got here. How many zebra’s in the Everfree do we know Applejack? I bet he made it all up, his little sister and everything; he didn’t even tell us her name!” Rainbow explained.

“My sister is real, and so too is my story.” Said Rese, not losing his cool at all.

“Oh really? What’s her name?” Rainbow asked in a sarcastic tone.

“Zecora,” Rese said.

“WHAT!?”
_________________________________________________________
Guerrier the Prench gryphon walked through below deck, he was going to check on the passengers and see if they required anything. He recently had been reading one of his personal books, before practising his swordsman skills for three hours straight. He took a break and decided to try his claw at beating the pink pony that had stolen a lot of the crew’s salaries, losing several coins and a badge or two he honoured.

“The pink devil will put us in debt by the time we reach Mamajia!” Guerrier thought to himself.

He opened the door to see Rarity still laying in her bed while Fluttershy was looking out of the window of the room, the random islands of jungles catching her eye as the ship passed them by.

“How are you, fine ladies?” Guerrier said, walking into the rooms.

“Oh, I’m feeling much better now.” Rarity said, holding her head with a hoof, her headache still remaining.

“Good, tis no fun being sick on the high seas,” Guerrier said, he turned his attention to Fluttershy and slowly approached her. She was too distracted by the waves and islands of the ocean, with Guerrier joining her by her side.

“Eep!” Fluttershy yelped.

“Oh, sorry Madame, I did not mean to frighten you.” Guerrier apologised.

“T-that’s o-okay.” She said, before returning to her gazing, Guerrier joining in.

“Beautiful is it not? Majestic waves crashing through the seas, pushing this fine vessel along, almost as if Faust herself is blessing us with our voyage.” Guerrier said. Fluttershy just stared at the gryphon before just slowly nodding her head, not aware of how to respond to such a statement. The two just stood in silence, watching the waves roll by the window, both avoiding each other’s eyesight. Guerrier was the first to break the silence.

“So what were you doing watching out the window?” He asked.

“O-Oh, I was just thinking a-about m-my cottage and my a-animal friends,” Fluttershy said.

“Ah, a case of homesickness, oui?” Guerrier asked.

“Y-Yes…” Fluttershy squeaked.

“Don’t worry, it is common for sailors to feel homesick, I am no different. These waves remind me of my home in Prance” Guerrier reassured Fluttershy with a claw on her back, patting her. She flinched from the feel of a claw on her back but relaxed as it simply patted her back.

“M-Mr. Guerrier, h-how exactly do you meet Spike if y-you lived I-In Prance?” Fluttershy asked the gryphon.

“Please Madame, just call me Guerrier.” The gryphon said.

“O-Oh sorry.” Fluttershy apologised.

“Not a problem, but on the question on how I meet mousier Spike? Well…”
_________________________________________________________
I came from a moderately wealthy noble family on the coast of Prance, we weren’t the richest but we still had a mansion and servants. I was raised in the ways of noble ponies, meaning learning how to eat, talk, and dance with every other member of the Prench nobility.

My childhood was like any other for the child of nobles really, but I began to change severely as I entered adolescence. I became a cocky runt who would rarely listen to his parents when he stepped out of line or was flirting with the noble mares and gryphons and local fillies. I think it was teenage spirit, resisting the authority of the rich and noble rules that had been placed on my social life

My real passion was fencing, no pony else on the West coast of Prance could beat me in a duel. I was always cocky when I fought a challenge, thinking that my skills were enough to defeat any foe until the captain showed up.

He entered the area, throwing his coat off and challenging me for my title as champion, as well as betting his ship that he could defeat me. I laughed at him and made the bet even more interesting by betting a sizable amount of my wealth.

So we duelled, I immediately thought that I would win and looked backwards, taunting him as a pretended to yawn. But I soon felt my sword had left my claw and I looked back to see a sword an inch away from my face.

I was so amazed by this, not once had I been beaten but he had done it so quickly. He just put his sword back in his sheathe, took the money I had placed on the bet and grabbed his coat before leaving the building. I stood there for some time, not believing that I had just been defeated. But I was grateful for that defeat because it opened by youthfully blinded eyes. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life but I knew then that this dragon could teach me what I needed to become a master with the sword.

I packed up many of my valuables, left a letter for my family explaining my departure and meet with the dragon at the docks, asking to teach me to use a sword like he could. He accepted and I became a fellow member of the crew.
_________________________________________________________
“I have improved greatly since my adolescence, and I have matured greatly thanks to the crew, my friends and the captain.” Guerrier said.

“D-Don't’ you miss your family, though?” Fluttershy asked.

“Of course, I love my family, but I want to improve my skills, maybe one day become world champion of sword fighting. Until I feel like I’ve done enough training, maybe I’ll return home, but I’m perfectly happy here.” Guerrier explained.

Guerrier looked at Fluttershy and smiled, Fluttershy slowly growing a tiny grin on her face as well. The two then looked out the window once more, watching the waves roll by, peacefully.

As the waves rolled by, fog could be seen over the horizon. Guerrier looked at the fog, seeing a faint yellow glow within the fog. He eyed the glow as it reveals what looked like a frigate. Fluttershy noticed Guerrier glance and looked towards the fog, finding the ship Guerrier had spotted.

“I-Is that a p-p-pirate ship?” Fluttershy asked, her legs starting to shake.

“I am not sure, but it looks like a frigate,” Guerrier said.

“Should we tell Spike?” Fluttershy asked.

“Not yet, let’s wait and see what flag their flying,” Guerrier said.

They watched as the frigate sailed towards them, slowly escaping the fog, the flag could be seen flying over the fog as the ship was moving at full sail speed. The flag was a pony skull, a pair of skeleton wings on either side of it and two swords crossed over each other behind the skull on the black flag. Guerrier’s eyes went wide and he uttered a single word.

“Merde.”
_________________________________________________________
Viva looked through her hourglass in the crow’s nest, Scootaloo flapping her wings above Viva.

“Viva, who’s that?” Scootaloo asked, a little scared.

“I know who it is, and one thing comes to mind whenever I see it,” Viva said.

“What?”

“May Faust have mercy on the Captain’s soul.”
_________________________________________________________
“So let me get this straight. Your sister is Zecora?” Rainbow asked Rese.

“Yes.”

“And she sends you letters and potions every week?”

“Yes.”

“And she never told any of us about this?”

“Well to be fair, we didn’t exactly give her a warm welcome when she came to Ponyville.” Applejack cut in.

“Yes, I am aware of your actions, but she has told me she holds no grudge,” Rese stated.

“Then why not tell us about you?” Rainbow asked.

“Perhaps it just never came up or it is personal for her. It does not matter, you know about me now.” Rese said.

Rainbow Dash still stared at Rese, her mind still getting around the idea of Zecora being related to his zebra. But out of the corner of her eye, she saw Spike enter his cabin and close the doors behind him.

Probably going to check on Twilight and the Princesses. I’ll admit it, though, Spike’s defiantly gotten some muscle since he left, but if he hurts a single hair on Princess Celestia, Princess Luna or ESPECIALLY Twilight. I’ll hurt him so much he won’t know what hit-

Rainbow’s train of thought was cut off as she saw a shadow cast over the deck she was scrubbing. She looked to her left and saw the Frigate from before coming dangerously close to boarding them. Rese and Applejack also saw the ship, all three equines on the deck expressing distress on their faces.

“Rese! Who in Celestia’s name is that!?” Rainbow asked, flaring her wings, ready to take on any gryphons or rival pirates that board.

“The Devil herself…” Rese said, his knee’s slightly wobbling.

Rainbow and Applejack looked around at the crew, a lot of them running away from the ship, others trying to hide behind barrels.

“Rese!”

Rainbow, Applejack, and Rese all looked up to see Viva and Scootaloo fly down towards them.

“It’s the Feme Fatale!” Viva yelled.

“I noticed!” Rese said back.

“We gotta tell the captain!” Viva said as she flew towards the cabin. The ponies on-board all asking the same question. Who was on the ship?
_________________________________________________________
Twilight levitated another book off the shelf and opened the first page, a huge smile on her face as she read the contents. She had cleared the whole left section of the cabin and was beginning on the right section.

She, of course, placed all the books back into alphabetical order, which was easy as Spike himself seemed to organise everything alphabetically too. She guessed that a little bit of her rubbed off onto Spike.

She was about to read the first paragraph, but she looked over the book to see Luna and Celestia examining several of the trophies and objects spread around the cabin.

“I have not seen this many treasures since the Canterlot museum,” Celestia said.

“Indeed sister, this is a material I have not seen before,” Luna said, holding a small statue that seemed to be made of a green material.

“It seems to be made of some type of stone,” Celestia said.

“What about this sword here, it appears ancient,” Luna said, placing the statue down and levitating a sword that was hanging on the wall.

“Look, carvings. What does it say though?” Celestia asked.

“I do not know sister,” Luna responded.

Twilight looked at the two, a small part of curiosity sparked within her as her fellow princesses looked at the different treasures. What did Spike have in his drawers? Should she look? No, no, its Spike desk, she probably has personal stuff inside. Then again, it had been several years, and she did wonder what Spike had collected on his travels as a pirate. She pondered what to do for several minutes, before deciding to try and sneakily open Spike’s desk and have a quick look inside, nothing more.

Twilight placed the book down, and quietly walked on her hooves as to not alert her other roommates, and made it over to Spike’s desk. She looked at the last draw and quickly opened it, making sure she was hidden behind the desk.

She looked inside to see a single note. She was confused at first but decided to quickly read the note and put it away, to calm her mind down. It probably wasn’t even important. She began to read the note and she silently gasped as she read the note.

My first mate Spike, if you are reading this, it means I have met me fate. Don’t ya cry for me, me time was up anyway. I’ve lived a good life, and I’m sure I went out tha way I was supposed to. But I’m rambling here, I’d better talk about why I’m leaving this note. I leave this ship and its crew to you, ye an excellent leader and the crew'll follow ya to Tartarus and back. Ride tha waves me boy, ride till the sun sets over tha sea. See you in Davy Jones Locker.
Captain White Death.

Twilight scanned the note one more time, trying to analyse the data. She, however, heard footsteps outside, meaning someone was coming into the cabin, probably Spike. Throwing caution and subtlety to the wind, she placed the note back in the drawer, slammed the drawer and rushed to her previous spot, picking up her book with magic as she jumped back down. Luna and Celestia looked behind them, hearing the drawer being slammed, but Spike entered the cabin before they could ask any questions.

“Morning ladies,” He said, closing the door behind him.

“Good morning Spike, how are you doing?” Twilight said, a huge fake smile on her face, trying to through Spike off. Spike just raised an eyebrow and looked at Twilight.

“I…I’m fine…”

“That’s great! I’m just sitting here, reading my books!” She said again.

Spike just looked at her before walked towards his desk.

Okay…That just happened. Wait, what am I saying? I lived with Twilight for years and I’m a pirate, how am I freaked out about that? It really has been a long time…

Twilight immediately shoved her snout into the book she was pretending to read, looking at Spike and hoping he would open the drawer she plundered a few minutes ago. He opened a drawer, and Twilight closed her eyes, hoping he didn’t notice anything.

“There it is.”

Twilight opened her eyes and looked at Spike, who was holding a brown bag in his right hand.

“I just needed Peewee’s food, I’ll leave you ladies to do whatever you were doing before,” Spike said, closing the drawer and walked away from the desk. Twilight let out a deep breath, finally calm now she hadn’t been caught. She soon levitates the book away from her snout and began to read once again.

Or she would have if Viva didn’t bust down the doors, startling everypony and dragon inside the cabin.

“Captain, we got a problem!” She said.

“What’s the problem?” Spike asked, placing the bird seed into one of his pockets.

“It’s her.”

Spike’s eyes widened as he was paralysed for a second from the news.

“Are you sure it’s her?” He asked.

“It’s her, she’s about to board any second now,” Viva said.

“Okay, you three, stay here,” Spike told his guests as he walked outside onto the deck.

“Spike, what’s going on?” Twilight asked from inside the cabin.

The dragon walked out onto the middle of the deck, turning left and facing the frigate that had pulled up beside his ship.

“Twilight, stay inside the cabin and try to not be seen!” Spike ordered.

“Why?” Twilight asked.

“Don’t ask why just-“

Spike didn’t finish his sentence as a green blur on one of the ropes from the frigate let go and tackled Spike to the deck. Twilight immediately got up and ran outside the cabin, the princesses following her, only to be held back by Viva.

“Hold it!” Viva told the three as they all looked at the dragon.

Spike was currently being held down on his back as a dark green mare with a short cut Pink mane and tail, wearing a belt that had two swords and a number of pistols attached, nuzzling the dragon’s face.

“Spikey! I missed you so much!” The mare said, kissing his snout.

“WHAT!?”

Author's Note:

Hey Everyone! I haven't been writing for a while and i haven't gotten much time with school work and study on my ass. But i was able to get some time off and write this up. I hope you guys enjoy and thank you for waiting so long for my updates (I know, I take a long time to write up a chapter.)