• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 3,776 Views, 75 Comments

The Shy Knight and the Rainbow Princess! - Souldin



Rainbow Dash has been foalnapped by Fluttershy’s arch nemesis, and through a mystical portal, taken to another land. Can Fluttershy, with the help of her friends, save the pony she loves?

  • ...
10
 75
 3,776

Chapter 1: Peaceful Ponyville.

The Shy Knight and the Rainbow Princess!

Chapter 1: Peaceful Ponyville

Serene was the forest in the early time of daybreak, the faintest rays of sunlight trickling through the thick leaves and foliage to announce day to the area. The nocturnal animals had nestled well into their sleep and the animals of day had risen, having come out of their dens and started their search for food. The air was calm, and aside from bird song the place was quiet; tranquil would best describe the forest at that point and it would have amazed any pony that the much feared and dreaded Everfree Forest could ever have such a moment.

Then a sound disrupted that serene, calm, quiet tranquillity. It was a buzzing sound but not a loud one like that of a chainsaw’s, but soft, as if the sound was far away and muffled. Along with the sound though came another disruption, an array of vibrant yet sickly colours appearing on a tree. The colours of dull green and dull yellow and dull every colour of the rainbow swirled upon the tree like a whirlpool, the plant life seemingly unaffected by this occurrence.

Then from the swirl of colours came darkness. Three large figures of contrasting sizes cloaked in black cloaks came forth. The shortest figure walked ahead on all fours and proceeded to gaze around the area swiftly, taking in every surrounding, every angle, and every other bit of the landscape in. The tallest figure walked out of the portal but soon stopped and looked around briefly, before turning its attention to its cloaked companion. The third figure stepped forth slowly with each of its eight legs, and then stood rigid; it’s full attention on display to the seeming leader of the group.

The shorter figure slipped a scaly claw into its cloak’s pocket, pulled out a photo, and presented said photograph of six colourful and happy ponies to the group. The tallest member of the three pointed with a black finger to the pony in the middle, on the bottom row, but received a shake of the head as a response. The leader of the trio pointed instead to the pony on the far right of the photo, top row, and shook its head. Putting away the photo, the trio then began to move out, heading towards a small cottage on the outskirts of the Everfree Forest.


“Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there was a kingdom ruled by cute little bunn-Eek!” The reading pony yelped as a bunny rabbit landed upon her open book, startled her and caused her to jump back.

Jumping back onto her hooves however was not entirely successful for the clumsy pegasus and the motion of her backwards jump propelled her to fall and roll backwards. Laying instead on her back, she had to roll back onto her hooves, and blow a wisp of her pink mane that had fallen over her eyes in the tumble. This pony, Fluttershy, looked ahead to her ‘cute little bunny’, who stood upon her book with a frown upon his face.

“O-oh, I’m sorry Angel, I was just reading my book and… do you need something, Angel Bunny?” Fluttershy apologised as she moved closer to her pet and began to rub her face against his.

Angel pushed his fussing owner away from him, pulled out a pocket watch from behind him, and pointed to it. Fluttershy was going to ask whether Angel wanted to be a clock, but an irritable scowl from Angel reminded her that she had already asked this question of Angel from this particular charade once before.

“Um, was I going to meet up with any of my friends today?” Fluttershy asked, pondering on what she could have had planned for the day. Something was on the tip of her tongue, something she did often but had arranged differently, yet the memory eluded her.

Angel wasted no time in performing another flurry of motions to convey his message. Throwing his arms up into the air, he pretended to wail at the air with large teary eyes, and acting as over-dramatic as possible.

“Oh, um… Rarity? Rarity! The Spa!” Fluttershy proclaimed, finally remembering what she had arranged for the day. “Oh I remember now. I had asked Rarity if we could have our spa day earlier, and I asked Pinkie if she could come too.”

Fluttershy was now fluttering about the room, checking if everything was in place and shifting through her head for if there was anything else she had forgotten. Mostly her thoughts turned to her regular animal caretaking duties, ensuring she had tended to all the critters she needed to for that morning. There were many disputes she needed to settle and many sick critters she needed to ensure had taken their medicine; so many things that when distractions came up it was like the world was pulled up from under her hooves.

“Thank you for reminding me Angel. What would I do without you?” Fluttershy complimented her pet, fussing him once more.

Angel looked around first, and seeing none of the other animals about, decided to let his owner run her hoof across his head, an action he expressed his joy from by stomping the ground with a foot. He always did love receiving attention, but never expressing it, at least when the eyes of others were about; he had a tough bunny image to maintain after all.

“Now I think I’ve got everything sorted but if you get chance to could you please do a double check on the others for me?” Fluttershy asked as she turned around to head for the door, “Goodbye, Angel.”

A loud thud sound caused Fluttershy to be startled once again and she quickly spun around back to Angel. The little rabbit of surprising strength had picked up her book and smacked it back down onto the floor and pointed repeatedly to it.

“Oh, I don’t need to take my book with me Angel.” Fluttershy's statement was met by a shake of the head from her pet, who continued to point towards the book with a scrunched brow and a scratch of his head. “Are you interested in this book?”

Angel was a rabbit, and like most rabbits had no interest in reading pony stories written in pony language. He was however interested in why his owner was reading the book, so he nodded all the same.

“Well then, this book is a very special book… to me at least.” Fluttershy walked over to said book and gently glided a hoof over its open pages, “For this is a book I wrote myself.”

Angel looked to his owner with a small measure of surprise. Hearing his owner had written a book was not a shocking thing, it was a peaceful hobby that suited his owner well, but his owner had never told him before that she had written a book.

“I was still in school when I wrote this, and it’s just a short children’s book, but it was fun. And just earlier I was sorting through my things when I happened to find it and… well, I couldn’t help but read it.” Fluttershy finally explained, patting Angel on the head one last time before getting up and walking to the door, “You can read it if you like Angel, have fun.”

The rabbit waved goodbye to his owner before turning back to the book. He looked at its old yet colourful pages, vibrant crayon colours having made the various pictures of bunnies within, and thick clear black ink making out the words to be read. Then he was bored of it, choosing to flip the book to a close, and inspect its cover instead. Looking to the title, while not in his own language per say, he could tell it read out as ‘The Rainbow Knight and the Shy Princess’. A scowl formed upon reading those words, which only deepened when he inspected the cover image. On the cover were two rabbits, one dressed up as a princess, with a tuff of hair shielding her face, clearly a rabbit version of his owner. The other rabbit was clad in armour, but from the rainbow hair and snarky grin upon the rabbits face, Angel could tell this was a rabbit version of one particular pony.

Hopping away from the book and up to the window sill facing the front of his house, Angel watched as his owner left for the spa. Angel was worried now, his owner had been reading a book from a time he was not a part of her life, a time instead when that rainbow jerk was dominant. Now she was leaving to the spa to talk with two ponies that consistently conspired to throw Fluttershy into the Rainbow jerks rough hooves. Nothing about this bode well to the bunny, and he dread to think of why his owner had arranged to meet up with the two.


“Please stop trying to help me with Rainbow Dash!”

Fluttershy’s outburst would have been heard by all those within the bathing room, through the hallways of the spa, and have been unintentionally heard by many patrons of the spa, but this was Fluttershy’s outburst, quiet in comparison to a normal pony’s, and so was heard by nopony outside the room. It was however barely loud enough to be heard by Rarity and Pinkie, whom stopped their idle chatter, and turned towards their friend surprised.

“Why, whatever do you mean?” Rarity inquired with a fake smile cropping upon her white coated face.

“Yeah, what makes you think we were helping you get all lovey-dovey with Rainbow Dash?” Pinkie asked as she splashed about in the spa’s hot tub.

Fluttershy gave her two friends a deadpan glare. First turning towards Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy began to lay down her accusation, “Pinkie Pie, only you would help Rainbow Dash jump out of a cake to surprise me.”

“It was all so perfect, Rainbow Dash would jump out of the cake and into your hooves, she’d have some frosting on her lips and you’d lick it off and then oh mumma… but no! You had to faint. How could you Fluttershy?” The prankster dramatized, all to a still very unamused Fluttershy.

Turning then towards Rarity, the unicorn already trying to hide her smile, Fluttershy continued, “And Rarity, how could you? You know that I have a weakness for… bunnies, and I don’t even know how you managed to convince Rainbow Dash to wear… that.”

By this point the yellow accusing pony had managed to turn a delightful shade of red, her face blushing brightly, all to which Rarity took note of as she replied, “It did take a lot of convincing, and a favour or two but it was worth it. After all, you seemed to enjoy it.”

“I-I-I did not,” Fluttershy whispered as her face became warmer and warmer.

“Oh, really dear, don’t you remember just how cute Rainbow Dash looked with her little bunny ears and small cotton tail?” Rarity said with a sly, almost seductive tone.

“Well… yeah,” Fluttershy could not help but admit as she thought of that time when Rarity had invited her to the boutique and her first sight was of Rainbow Dash dressed up in a bunny mare outfit.

“The royal-satin pressing tightly against her flank,” Rarity added, and from the flapping of outstretched wings she could tell that Fluttershy was indeed remembering.

Seconds passed and Fluttershy, who had been lost in her memories, realised her body’s embarrassing reactions. She reached for her energetically flapping wings with her hooves as best as she could, and clamped them back down to her body. Afterwards she turned towards the two giggling shippers, and tried to bring the conversation back to her point.

“A-As I was saying, I would like for you two to stop helping me… please.”

Rarity shook her head as she asked, “Now darling, why in Equestria would you want us to stop helping you?”

“Yeah, don’t you want to be lovey-dovey with Rainbow Dash?”

“I-I do but it’s just… too soon,” Fluttershy explained, though from the looks on her friend’s faces she could tell they wouldn’t accept that alone as the answer, “I mean, Rainbow Dash and I only became as close we are a short while ago and um… I don’t want to rush things.”

“Fluttershy, in a couple of months it will have been a year since you ‘re-fell’ in love with Rainbow Dash.” Deadpan was Rarity’s response as she looked to Fluttershy.

“Any longer and you’ll both be old mares with walkers complaining about how things aren’t like they used to be back in your day. You need to get in 1st gear and confess already!” Pinkie added with various engine noises.

“Oh, I don’t know… it still feels too soon, what if she doesn’t like me that way, what if it hurts our friendship and… and, what would other ponies think?”

The unicorn and earth pony across from her could not help but look at one another in amusement before turning back towards Fluttershy, “Please dear, if it’s what other ponies will think then you need not worry… everypony in Ponyville already thinks you’re a couple.”

“What!” Fluttershy yelled out, and her shocked brain made words stumble from her mouth “How? Who? Wha-Where-She-You-How? Eep!”

A giggle from Pinkie Pie and the mare added, “An before you even thinky-dinky it, Rarity and I had nothing to do with it… well, maybe just a teensy bit to begin with.”

“Yes, at first we were encouraging the notion, pointing out to ponies how close you were now, how you let Rainbow Dash race your pets through the Ghastly Gorge, and how she came for you and you alone at sunrise simply to get some cider.” Rarity boasted her accomplishments to Fluttershy, whose jaw remained wide open in dismay. “But after that hurricane incident, why, we didn’t have to do a thing.”

“Yeah, just watch this, actually, just listen to this.” Pinkie said as she leaped out of the hot tub, zoomed out of the room, and into the hallway.

“Hey there, I have a question for you,” Pinkie said loud enough to be heard even from the hallway as well as loud enough to call out to a pony within the hallway, “Do you think Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash make a cute couple?”

Fluttershy eeped at Pinkie’s question and eeped even more as the unidentified stallion replied, “Those two pegasus who helped get the water to Cloudsdale? Of course I do, doesn’t everypony? I mean, you must have read at least some of the news about it, they’re adorable together. I was really worried when it appeared they were going through some relationship troubles, but then after the hurricane they must have sorted things out as they were hugging and making out on the clouds. Why’d you ask?”

“No reason.” Pinkie giggled as she re-entered the hot tub room and leaped back into tub, a large splash soaking the other two ponies.

“Pinkie!”

“Sorry Rare.” Pinkie Pie turned towards Fluttershy and asked, “So now you know.”

Fluttershy did not reply. Aside from her quivering open jaw she barely moved, her eyes having a distant gaze at this revelation. Just as Pinkie and Rarity began to worry for their friend she burst back to life, yelping out, “Oh dear, oh dear, I wish it were true but it’s not. I’ve got to clear up this misunderstanding right away.”

As Fluttershy began to pull herself out of the tub, Pinkie quickly swam over to her and pulled her back in, “Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold it right there missy.”

“But I can’t have everypony spreading these rumours, believing them when they’re not true!”

“Ah, but Fluttershy dear, those rumours will soon be true,” Rarity said as she swam on over and placed a reassuring hoof on Fluttershy, “If you confess and get together with Rainbow Dash, then you won’t need to correct anypony.”

Fluttershy tried to stammer out a response, but Rarity was quicker. “Now Fluttershy, I understand why you’re having cold hooves about confessing to Rainbow Dash.”

“Y-you do?” Fluttershy murmured, no longer struggling from Pinkie’s grip.

“Yes, you lost your friendship with Rainbow Dash once and it took a long time for you to get as friendly as you are now. Anypony would be afraid of risking that sort of friendship,” Rarity began, waving her hoof in the air as if to emphasise her point, “But you shouldn’t worry about that. Pinkie and I think you’d be a great couple, just about everypony else already thinks you are a great couple, and I’m sure if you confess to her the two of you will be a great couple.”

Fluttershy looked to her friend with appreciation, slowly asking, “You really think so?”

“I know so darling,” Rarity gave her friend a hug, with the nearby Pinkie joining in because hugs are fun, “So what do you say?”

“…I’ll do it, I’ll confess to Rainbow Dash!” Fluttershy’s hesitant response erupted cheers from her two friends, and a smile spread on her own face at their happy reaction, “After all, what could possib—” A pink hoof rushed up against Fluttershy’s mouth, halting any further words.

Pinkie Pie looked to Fluttershy with utmost serious and whispered, “Whatever you do, don’t say that phrase.”


Rainbow Dash—future Wonderbolt, element of loyalty, performer of the legendary Sonic Rainboom, and all-round incarnation of awesomeness—stared bleakly at her unexpected foe. She could not have fathomed how one of her most difficult of all tasks could come in such a form. This would be because she chose to think of herself first as ‘future Wonderbolt, element of loyalty, performer of the legendary Sonic Rainboom, and all-round incarnation of awesomeness’ before she thought of herself as weathermare of Ponyville.

“Aww, do I really have to stick to this?” Rainbow Dash moaned at the piece of paper, a schedule on how long she should sleep, train, and hang with her friends on days when important weather meetings were being held, “There doesn’t even appear to time for napping on this thing.”

“No time for naps! I’ve given a 20 minute leeway on just about every appointment because of your constant naps!” Twilight snapped, having endured the pains of writing a list as relaxed and undefined for too long, “The reason you got in trouble and were late for your meeting was because you overslept, you need to cut back on it.”

Rainbow huffed, throwing out her wings and saying, “I can’t just cut back on sleep. You know how much energy flying takes up, I need that sleep.”

“Well in that case,” Twilight trailed off as she levitated a book from one of her library shelves over to her, ready to look up information if she needed to further her point, “You should just start eating more. I’ve read that’s the other way pegasus retain energy for flight.”

Rainbow Dash shook her head, throwing a hoof up into the air as if she were making a proclamation, “No can do Twilight. As a future Wonderbolt I stick to a strict, nutrition balanced diet… which is really hard when you live in the same town as a constant party throwing and sweet treats baking pony like Pinkie Pie.”

Applejack hummed at this remark and mused aloud, “Mah apple pie sales to these Wonderbolt do say otherwise.”

“Soarin’ is an exception.”

Rainbow Dash then continued to look at the list but eventually conceited, sighing at the schedule that she’d have to follow if she wanted to keep her job… or at least not get demoted into poverty. Snatching up the list, Rainbow Dash bid adieu to her friends, “Thanks for the list Twilight, I guess…”

As Rainbow Dash stepped out of the library she could hear Twilight call out to her, “And make sure you follow it!”

Rainbow grumbled at the reminder but was far enough to not be heard. Ironically, while she had just obtained a schedule, it said nothing about what to do on the days where she had no meetings to attend to, and at that current point she had no other obligations to attend to.

“Huh, guess I could take a nap,” Rainbow thought aloud, the talk of her schedule being a constant reminder that on some days this would be harder to do, “or I could hang with Fluttershy. I didn’t see her yesterday and tomorrow is her spa day so now would be a good time.”

Unaware of Fluttershy’s own change of plans, Rainbow Dash set off for Fluttershy’s cottage. With a flap of her cyan wings the flight loving pegasus took to the skies and flew forth at great speeds. In less than a minute she was already slowing down to prepare for landing at Fluttershy’s cottage. Luckily for her, one of Fluttershy’s windows was open and so she flew straight on into the cottage and into Fluttershy’s bedroom.

“Hey Fluttershy, wanna hang out?” Dash called out into the room and by extension the rest of the house, but no reply was heard. “Huh, maybe she’s out back with her animals.”

Rainbow Dash started heading towards the stairs, ready to look for Fluttershy, but this was delayed by her stepping and slipping on something. Lightly falling to the floor, Rainbow was barely dazed, having suffered far worse crashes in her flights and within Fluttershy’s household. Still, the first thing she did upon getting to her hooves was complain, “Ugh, what in the hay did I just-a book?”

Noticing a book upon the floor, the very thing she had tripped on, Rainbow naturally walked towards it, looking to and reading it’s cover, “’The Rainbow Knight and the Shy Princess by Flutter- Fluttershy!”

Dash held the book with her hooves, gazing at it as if it were some foreign alien object she had never laid eyes on before, “I never knew Fluttershy wrote a book.”

Curiosity, and nowadays a love of reading adventure stories, led Rainbow Dash to sit down and open the book up. It was bright, it was colourful, and it was filled with bunny rabbits; totally not her thing. This wasn’t too surprising, it was written by Fluttershy after all, and it was this fact alone that led Rainbow to continue reading the book. With the experience of reading every single book within the Daring Doo series, Rainbow Dash had learnt to read remarkably well in her head, though she was however still slow. So even with the children’s book before her, Rainbow Dash took her time with the story, devoting her complete attention to it.

“R-Rainbow Dash!”

Only a couple of pages from the end of the book, Rainbow Dash’s attention was pulled away from the story and towards the stunned pony in the doorway; Fluttershy. Speaking of said stunned pony, Fluttershy was unsure what to think. She had come home to see Angel hard at work on some sort of plan outside—she always liked how hard of a worker her beloved pet was—and had walked up to her silent room to unexpectedly stumble upon her best friend and crush awaiting her. Then she noticed that her best friend and crush was reading her book.

“R-Rainbow Dash is reading my book! Rainbow Dash is reading my book about bunnies, and us as bunnies, and us as bunnies falling in love,” Any confidence Rarity and Pinkie had managed to spur up in her to confess flew away as her mind became a mess of jumbled thoughts, “She read my book, she knows, she must know, what do I do, what do I do!”

“Fluttershy,” Rainbow Dash said, looking worryingly to the visibly shaken Fluttershy, “I’m sorry for reading your book without permission. Are… are you okay?”

Fluttershy screamed in panic and ran away. To this, Rainbow Dash could only stand frozen to the spot, dumbfounded. Once her brain took in all the events that made little sense however, she did the only thing that did make sense; chase after her friend. Flying down the stairs she went, speeding out the front door and landing on the cottage porch. Not too far off in the distance she spotted the fleeing yellow pegasus, her bobbing pink tail an easy thing to notice.

“Fluttershy, come back!” Rainbow Dash called out after her friend, spreading out her wings and preparing for take-off.

But she didn’t.

Instead Rainbow Dash was assaulted by a rabbit slapping her across the face and pulling on her ears. For you see, just a few seconds earlier, when Fluttershy ran out of house screaming like a mad-mare, a very concerned Angel Bunny watched her do so. He had no clue as to what could have caused his owner to act like this. Then he saw the rainbow hothead come out the door. Leaping to his obviously true conclusion that his owner’s distress must have been caused by the rainbow jerk he sprang into action, and began to attack.

“Gah! Get off me you little brat!” Rainbow wrestled the scratching and gnawing rabbit off of her, throwing Angel to the side, and then looking up for Fluttershy. Considering how un-athletic and slow her pegasus pal was, Rainbow was quite astonished at how far Fluttershy had gotten. Clearly out of earshot, Rainbow would have to fly forth and catch her as planned, and so she began to do so.

Then Rainbow Dash was blasted by water.

The water pushed her to the ground, rolling against the grass, but she made a quick recovery and scrambled to her hooves, pushing her soggy mane out of her eyes.

“What in the hay was that?”

Rainbow Dash turned in the direction of the blast of water, expecting to find that accursed rabbit yet again, but instead she saw a complete stranger. At least she judged the figure to be a complete stranger; taller than any pony, draped top to bottom in a dark cloak, and standing within the stream was somebody unknown.

Then the ground began to shake.

“E-earthquake!” Dash said in shock, leaping up into the air immediately as the ground tore open where she stood.

Rainbow Dash could not believe her eyes as another shrouded stranger came out of the chasm, eight clawed limbs pulling the figure out into the daylight. Rainbow Dash knew not who these two were, but from the initial attack she could tell they were bad news.

“I don’t know who you flightless bozo’s are but I’m not sticking around to find out.” Rainbow Dash teased her would be attackers and began to fly off.

Then she was punched. Worse, she was invisibly punched. Rainbow Dash’s fall ended quickly thanks to a speedy recovery, a flap of her wings allowing her to regain altitude. Still she was in shock, and looked around wearingly for the unknown, 3rd assailant.

“Wha-What?!” Rainbow yelped out in fright, shaking off her shock from the blow to lift her hooves up and try to block another invisible punch.

She succeeded in blocking it, but the strength of it disrupted her flying, and when struck by another punch she was knocked with such force she fell back down to the ground. Rainbow Dash had no intention of staying down, but when water somehow wrapped itself around her hooves and tied them together she didn’t have much choice.

“W-what is this?” Rainbow Dash yelped at what she could only reason was magic.

A shadow then overcast her as the second, digging figure loomed over her. It lifted up one it’s arms, a clawed fist clenched.

“W-wai”-Dash did not get to finish her sentence as the blow to the head knocked her unconscious.

The multi-limbed figure continued to look down at Rainbow Dash as it waited for its companions to gather. The apparently magical figure waded in from the water, and with the sound of something landing on the ground by them, the previously invisible, flying figure materialised.

“A shame, I was hoping for more of a challenge.” The flying figure scoffed.

“With the three of us attacking at once you couldn’t have expected this pony to pose much of a chal—”

The magical figure suddenly winced in pain, and looked down to its tail, finding a white rabbit attached.

Angel bit repeatedly, and when the figure tried to grab him he hopped out of the way, hopped onto the magical figure’s head, and then kicked off its head to lunge at the multi-limbed figure. Angel began stamping on its head, though the multi-limbed figure merely looked up at the rabbit curiously. Angel turned to the flying figure and leaped then towards him; teeth bared to attack, but was grabbed mid-lunge.

“It’s the bunny rabbit our boss told us about.” The multi-limbed figure said each word slowly, and only after saying this turned his direction to the bunny now within the flying figures talons.

“Dumb animal,” The attacked one moaned as it stroked its bitten tail.

“Shut it, it’s just a rabbit bite. You’ll live,” The flying figure snapped as it forced the struggling Angel to look him in the eye, “I would eat you, but I need you to do something for us.”

Throwing Angel to the ground while its cohorts stuffed Rainbow Dash into a sack, it ordered, “You go find your owner and her little pony friends and tell them that if they ever want to see Miss Skittles over here that they’ll come back to this cottage. A letter will be waiting for them, follow its orders.”

Angel glared at the trio with his utmost hatred. He absolutely despised being bossed around and yet, even though it was the life of the rainbow mop head at stake and not anyone he actually cared about himself, he knew his owner did, and so with no other choice, he looked to the ground, and nodded.


Angel ran as fast as his four little paws could go, turning his head constantly. He imagined his owner must have calmed down after whatever the rainbow jerk must have done to spook her as he could no longer hear her panicked voice. Whilst looking to the side though Angel had the misfortune of bumping into someone, his world going topsy-turvy as he fell onto his back.

“Uh, hello there Angel Bunny, whatever’s got you in such a hurry?” Angel looked up, ready to shake his paw in frustration at whoever had gotten in his way, only to see the apple bucker, one of his owner’s friends.

“What do you want, rabbit?” Angel heard grunted, and saw that the one he had bumped into was Spike, the dragon he hated for some reason he couldn’t quite explain.

“Are you looking for Fluttershy?” Angel felt a chill run up his spine as he saw and heard that the mad mare was also there, naturally accompanying her dragon.

Pushing aside his fear of dissection from the unicorn, Angel nodded his head, and then began to perform charades. Running on the spot and flapping his arms like wings, he tried to inform them of Rainbow Dash. Then he put on a sinister face, tried to make himself look big and menacing, and started throwing out punches. Then he leaped onto his back, placing his arms and legs together as if they were tied up, and pretended to cry out for help.

“Running, body building, and a backstroke?” The mad mare asked, and for the supposedly smart one of the group Angel showed nothing but a frown to.

“You tryin’ out for the Equestria Games?” The apple bucker suggested, and Angel shook his head, amazed that both were going with this train of thought.

“Peagasus, tough pony, punching, and being tied up?” Spike murmured aloud, scratching his scaly cheek, when Angel’s charades added up in his head and he yelled out, “Fluttershy’s been beaten up and foalnapped!”

“What?!” The two mares cried before turning to the bunny rabbit, “Is this true?!”

Angel shook his head and the two mares gave a sigh of relief. He then however began flapping his arms like before, and then combed back the hair on his head, crossed his arms, and tried to look stereotypically cool.

“Rainbow Dash? What has Rainbow… Rainbow Dash has been beaten up and foalnapped!” Spike yelled out in alarm, and this time Angel nodded his head.

“What?!” The mad mare and apple bucker said in union once again, with Twilight then asking, “How did this happen?”

Angel did not bother to answer, feeling he had wasted enough time conveying his message to them as it was. He needed to find his owner, inform her and so he sprang off to resume his search. The other three, not wanting to be left in the dark on this supposed incident, followed him with the utmost haste.


“Now Fluttershy dear, are you sure you’ve calmed down now?” Rarity inquired as she kept her reassuring hoof on Fluttershy’s shoulder.

“Y-yes, I’m… I am alright now,” Fluttershy said with a couple of deep breaths in-between, “Um, a little embarrassed though.”

“Now, now, I’m sure anypony would go completely 'cray-cray' if they accidentally told their crush that they loved them,” Pinkie said as she ruffled Fluttershy’s mane, and then proceeded to bounce up and down in excitement, “Oh but you should have stayed put. Dashie’s sure to have said yes and then the two of you would hug and kiss and be married by the end of the week.”

“Oh yes, Fluttershy, now that you’ve calmed down please do tell us how Rainbow Dash reacted when you let slip your undying passion for her?” Rarity asked, her voice dripping with an insatiable curiosity.

It was within the park that Rarity and Pinkie both reassured Fluttershy and pestered her about Rainbow Dash, not normally the place they’d chose to talk of such things but it was not normal for the two of them to bump into a rampaging panicked Fluttershy. This was what happened though, and it happened within the park, so the two concerned friend’s took their distraught friend to a more secluded area of the public park, sat her down on a bench, and began to calm her down. With their friend calm though, it was time for them to inquire about Fluttershy’s romantic situation, something they were perfectly delighted to do.

“W-Well, I didn’t confess or… or accidentally say I loved her.” Fluttershy began to mumble, immediately drawing uncertain expressions from her two friends.

Pinkie stopped mid-bounce and asked, “So let me guess this straight, you didn’t say you love her by mistake?”

Fluttershy fidgeted about where she sat and replied, “N-no, you see, Rainbow Dash was reading my book and—”

“Rainbow Dash was reading your diary!” Rarity shouted out, aghast though not totally surprised that Rainbow Dash would invade somepony’s privacy in such a manner.

“Oh no, no, no. It wasn’t my diary she was reading, it was a foal’s book I had written.” Pinkie and Rarity looked to Fluttershy with utmost confusion as they waited for her to explain, “When we were young I wrote this book about us, as bunny rabbits and it’s um, got romance in it…”

Fluttershy’s voice became quiet as she grew more and more embarrassed about discussing her foalhood creation, so it was unknown whether Pinkie Pie was aware she was cutting off her friend when she asked, “So you didn’t, upfront and without any possibility of her misunderstanding, say you love Rainbow Dash… to Rainbow Dash.”

“Ummmm, no,” Fluttershy answered, unsure where her friends were going with the conversation.

The unicorn and earth pony shippers looked to one another with quivering expression, uneasiness to their smiles, and lowered brows forming frowns upon their faces.

Rarity placed both her hooves on Fluttershy’s shoulder’s, looked her in the eye, and asked, “Fluttershy, are you telling us, having once been effectively handcuffed to Rainbow Dash for almost two weeks straight, that she is aware of romance to the point she can deduce you love her from reading a book?”

Fluttershy did not reply at first, seemingly lost in thought; however after a minute of silence she murmured, “Oh.”

“That was what I thought dear.”

“Then that means everything is okay,” Fluttershy cheered, a smile rising up on her face, “Rainbow Dash did not find out I love her.”

“Yep, and now it’s the perfect time to tell her you do.”

“W-what?”

Rarity nodded to Pinkie’s suggestion and added, “She’s right, dear. Rainbow Dash is probably worried about how you reacted, and she will demand answers.”

“Meaning all you have to do is tell her the truth about why you went cray-cray and tell her you love her,” Pinkie said with a sing-song voice, “Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy, make sure you don’t get it in your eye, cause squeezy lemon stings, stings, stings.”

“I know I said I would tell her my feelings, but today? Today-Today?”

“Fluttershy, I know it’s a little sudden but this I can say is the perfect opportunity to confess.”

Just then Angel burst out of the bushes, frantically waving his little arms about and leaping for Fluttershy’s attention. Before Fluttershy could even ask what the matter was, Spike came out of the bushes, followed shortly by both Twilight Sparkle and Applejack.

“Wh-what’s the mat-“Rainbow Dash has been foalnapped!” Spike, Twilight and Applejack all yelled.

Fluttershy looked towards Rarity in silence, the latter merely replying, “Or maybe not.”


Eyes alert, and with a unicorn scanning the very area with a life detecting spell, the ponies, dragon, and rabbit approached the cottage. They moved cautiously around the large hole in the ground, taking note of it and, after Fluttershy told them she had no gophers, moles, or badgers of such a large size, wondering what kind of creature could have made such a hole. Continuing on, none of the party could spot a single sign of Rainbow Dash or her foalnappers still being within the area. They could however tell that said foalnappers were an aggressive bunch, spotting Fluttershy’s cottage door laying in the river, and her doorway exposing the insides to her house.

Once inside the cottage, Pinkie decided the time for silence had passed. “Hello, mean foalnappers, can we have Dashie back please?”

No response.

“Ah don’t think there here anymore,” Applejack said, but remained on guard.

Spike meanwhile was listening, or rather watching Angel Bunny. “Angel says they left a letter.”

“Oh, those ruffians! Foalnapping ponies, vandalising properties, and they don’t even have the manners to hoof us the letter in pony,” Rarity scoffed as she looked around for this supposed letter.

“Well I don’t see any letter,” Twilight said before walking out the front door, “I’ll check the letter box.”

“Hey, maybe one of us is standing on it,” Pinkie suggested as she looked to the ground, “Well what do ya know? I am standing on it! And so are you Applejack! And Rarity! And…”

Pinkie trailed off as she and all her friends took several steps back from the envelope they had been standing on. Twilight Sparkle had come back to the cottage upon hearing Pinkie’s discovery, but did not enter for fear of stepping on the envelope that lay on the floor. The seven of them looked to the envelope bigger than each and every one of them.

“That is one big letter.” Pinkie commented as Rarity carefully used her magic to open the envelope while Twilight carefully used her own magic to remove the letter from it. Twilight then laid the letter onto the floor so all of them could read it.

Dear Flutturshi,

I hav com back fore my revenge and capturd ur colorful luvur. If u onet im back, ull hav 2 get 2 my cassel and fight me fore im. All u hav 2 doo iz follow de fairee and shell take u 2 me. R u a bad enuff dude 2 resque ur luvur?

Sincerely, ur Arch-Nemesis.

P.EZ. Pleeze dont tell ur princessis, dey scare me.

“Oh no, it’s a letter from my arch-nemesis!” Fluttershy yelled out in horror to the sound of dramatic thunder.

Silence ensnared the room at that point. As Angel left the room, heading outside, the rest of the group looked at Fluttershy, at the letter, at each other, all in disbelief over the events that had occurred. Fluttershy nervously fidgeted on the spot, waiting for somepony, or anyone, to say something.

“This pony’s spelling is atrocious!”

“Yay, adventure time!”

“Oh I can see it now; clearly a bitter rival of love has taken to drastic measures to take Rainbow Dash all for herself.”

“Now how in tarnation did you get yourself an arch-nemesis?”

“Um, well, he’s not a pony an-and—”

“Well he forgot to add an ‘e’ to the ends of the words ‘have’ and ‘come’.”

“Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to adventure we go!”

“Perhaps an enemy from your fashion model days? Some of them can get so jealous.”

“No, Ah need to know how somepony as kind as you ‘ave yourself an arch-nemesis.”

“It’s a long story, I’m sure you don’t want to have to listen to it all right now.”

“Colourful has a ‘u’ in it, Rainbow Dash is a ‘she, and how do you misspell castle as ‘cassel’?”

“Rarity, grab your diamond sword, you’ll need it for the giant crabs.”

“P-pardon?”

“Actually ah think ah’d like to hear tha’ there story, it’s unusual.”

“I-It is? Oh my, I’m sorry; I thought everypony had an arch-nemesis.”

“Hey look, a fairy.” Spike stated, and immediately every conversing pony stopped their conversation.

Looking in the direction of Spike, and then to where the little dragon pointed, they saw a small glowing ball floating by the door-less doorway. Then the group looked back down to the letter, reading the line ‘All u hav 2 doo iz follow de fairee’. The fairy giggled, flittered about in the doorway, and then began to fly away.

“After that fairy!” Twilight ordered as she and her friends chased after it.

Outside the house, by his own little bunny house, Angel was assembling various tools and blueprints. He was in the midst of wondering how he would fit the chainsaw in his small rabbit sized bag when he heard the sound of a small stampede. Spinning around Angel saw his owner and her friends chasing after a flying ball of light, all of them heading towards the Everfree Forest. Shaking off his confusion, Angel put on his bag, grabbed hold of the chainsaw and… failed to move at all. Sighing in disappointment, Angel grabbed a smaller saw of the non-chain variety and ran off to join his owner in the chase.

Fluttershy would have greeted her bunny as he hopped onto her back with a saw in his paws but her breath was currently being taken up by running. Twists and turns around trees and over hedges, the fairy took delight in not making things easy for the group, giggling louder and louder with each stumble, fall, and bump they took.

“Hold it!” Twilight yelled out, her horn glowing with magic as she attempted to telekinetically grab the fairy, yet nothing happened, “My magic doesn’t work on it!”

Giggling continuously, the fairy’s pace increased as it stopped flying around in circles and instead charged straight towards a tree with a dull multi-coloured swirling vortex in it. The fairy went straight for the vortex and disappeared.

“Stop! Stop!” Twilight yelled out as the group tried to break, tried to not head straight into the vortex.

It was too late. They all made contact with the vortex, disappearing into it, and leaving the forest calm, quiet, and serene.


Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there was a kingdom ruled by cute little bunny rabbits. The rabbits worked hard but played plenty and they all lived peacefully under the rule of their Bunny King. Now this beloved Bunny King had a daughter, and she was called the Shy Princess.

The Rainbow Knight and the Shy Princess, by Fluttershy: Page 1.

Author's Note:

Special thanks to Ugugg93 for proof-reading and many thanks also go out to my various Fimfiction blog followers and friends who have helped me out with advice for this story.

It has been a long while since I wrote Magnetism but I finally present you with the 1st chapter of the story I gave you a preview of at the very end of Magnetism. I hope you'll all stick around and enjoy the 14 chapters I will be writing for this story, to which I aim to upload the majority all within two weeks of one another. That said you can hopefully expect the next chapter to be uploaded on either the 16th or 17th of November.

I'm open to any and all criticism so feel free to comment and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Cheerio!