• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 1,787 Views, 394 Comments

Pony-Z - Black Light



Ponies, Humans, Friendship, and Magic. What more do you need?...How about Guns, Zombies, and an Apocalypse? Yeah, that sounds about right.

  • ...
13
 394
 1,787

Chapter 6 - Rescue

Rescue

The small group sat on the sky chariot as the guards hooked themselves up to the front. Pete stood leaning on the side of the chariot. He turned around when a hoof poked him in the back. He turned around and saw Twilight standing on the ground.

“You sure you’re okay with this?” She asked him.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” he responded.

“I saw you recoil when the princess said my brother was coming with you. I just want you to know that he isn’t going to betray you, and you better not let that fear cloud your judgment.” Twilight said to him.

“Trust me I won’t. I don’t like leaving anyone behind. The only reason that I’ve been able to make it this far is by keeping myself focused on that one virtue. It makes me believe that I’m better than my brother. It lets me believe that I won’t become him.” Pete said to her. It seemed to appease her and she nodded walking away. Matt soon walked up past her and got onto the chariot next to Pete.

“I’ve been talking with the head smith. He says that they should be able to make more bullets. They won’t be as effective as our original, but they’ll do their job.” Matt said to him.

“That’s good. We won’t have to worry as much about conserving ammo as much now that we have a decently steady way to get more. Anything else?” Pete asked.

“Yes actually. They volunteered to make us some armor so that we would have more protection. I told him that once we get back we can come down for fitting.” Matt answered and Pete nodded.

The guards shouted from the front that they were set up and ready to go. Pete and Matt went and took their seats near the back of the chariot. Shining Armor and his squad were already seated and soon the guards in front started to run. Pete looked at the guards in front and noticed something about them, all of them had wings. Pete started to question why and soon a thought came to mind.

“Hey Armor” He said to the captain, who turned to look at him. “Why exactly is this called a sky chariot?”

Shining Armor smiled. “Well that’s simple.” He said as the guards in front all spread their wings and the chariot left the ground. “The chariot flies.”

Pete soon found himself getting very queasy. “Good to know.” He said covering his mouth. “I’m just gonna go stand back here” he said standing up and moving near the railing. Soon enough the rest of the occupants were trying to ignore the noise of Pete empting his stomach of his breakfast. Pete then came back over and sat down his head in his hands.

“Feel better?” Jay asked sarcastically.

“Shut up.” Pete said weakly. To which Jay started to chuckle loudly.

“Not good with flying?” Armor asked.

“More like never done it before.” Pete responded rubbing his head.

“Don’t worry, the first flight is always the worst.” Shining Armor said smiling at Pete. “I’m sure you’ll feel better pretty soon.”

“Hold that thought.” Pete said as he stood up and moved to the side of the chariot again empting his stomach again. “I think I’m just gonna stand over here for the rest of the way.” He said to them letting the edge of the chariot support him.

The chariot ride was relatively short given the distance to Ponyville. The chariot landed near the edge of the town and the small group got off. Pete jumped off quickly eager to get off the chariot. He started to look around.

“Something’s not right.” He said.

“Yeah, where are all the zombies?” Matt asked taking his shotgun off his back.

“Isn’t it a good thing they’re not here?” Shining Armor asked.

“No, it’s not.” Pete answered. “If they’re not here it means they’ve found something worth going after. Most likely food.”

“You mean they found the group we were sent here to get?” Armor asked.

“That’s a possibility, but more likely they found the Wonderbolts.” Pete told him. “Why else wouldn’t they be here when we landed?”

“We need to find them.” Armor said and Pete gave a nod. Armor turned to the guard and pointed to the ponies who had been pulling the chariot. “Get airborne see if you can see anything, report back within five minutes about what you saw.” The guards gave a salute and took off into the air.

Pete took out a small knife and started into town. “I’m going to look around on foot, Matt you’re in charge.” Matt gave a nod, but Shining Armor shook his head.

“You can’t just go.” The captain said.

“Listen I’ve got experience with them. I’m small and quiet, and since they operate mostly of sound to find food I’m the best choice. I know how to take care of myself.” Pete said to him starting into the town. Armor was about to go after him, but Matt put his hand in front of the Shining and shook his head. Shining gave in and turned back to his men waiting for the scouts to return.

In around five minutes both Pete and the guards returned from their scouting. The guards gave the first report. “Sir, we’ve located the Wonderbolts. They’re currently flying over the Everfree from a group of infected pegasi.” Shining nodded and turned to Pete.

“Well, they found the Wonderbolts, but I found the unicorns and earth ponies. Turns out the group we were sent here for did get noticed. They’re currently trapped in a small café surrounded by zombies.”

Shining grimaced. “That means that there are two groups that need saving. We’ll need to split up.”

Pete nodded. “The four of us will go and help the civilians. The rest of you can go and help the Wonderbolts.”

Shining thought and then finally nodded. “Alright, I can’t say I like it, but there aren’t many other choices. All right I want all pegasus in the air. Get the Wonderbolts attention and lead them towards us. We’ll take out the infected as they follow them. Remember, aim for the head.” Shining said and Pete smiled his lessons were getting through.

Pete then turned signaling for his group to follow into the town, and for a moment it was like they weren’t in another universe. For a moment it was just like things used to be…and then Matt opened fire on the group of zombies tearing many of the ones in front to shreds. The zombies now finding a new food source turned away from the building and started after the two who were running away. Pete and Liz sat in an alley waiting for the herd to run by before they left the alley and started towards the building. Pete walked up to the door and turned the handle, and found the door unlocked. Pete opened the door and walked into the dark building. He took out a flashlight and turned it on. He pointed the light around and saw the small group of ponies huddling in the corner. He put a finger to his mouth telling them to be quiet and ushered them out. Liz walked out of the building and turned to Pete.

“I’m going to search the building through. Get them back to the chariot.” He whispered to her. She nodded and started off with the ponies to the edge of town. Pete turned back into the building. He searched through the cabinets for any type of food throwing any he found into his pack. He turned toward the door and found a zombie waiting in the doorway. He backed up taking out his knife. He would’ve taken the zombie out quickly, but as the zombie filled through the door it was followed by another, then another, and another. Pete grimaced and started to back away. He would be able to slip through without notice if he didn’t make any noise. As he thought this his pack hit a pot on the stove and it fell to the floor with a clang. He grimaced and looked over as he saw the zombie start to shuffle quickly in his direction. Thinking quickly he ran forward and shoved his knife through the zombie’s skull. He pulled his knife out and turned to the others. He saw a small opening in them and started to run through to get through the door, but his foot caught on a broken floorboard and he tripped. As he landed he felt a sharp pain. He tried to stand up, but his leg screamed in pain. He looked back and saw his leg had been impaled with part of the broken floor. A small chunk of wood was partially embedded in his leg which was bleeding all over the floor. The zombies smelling the blood found themselves drawn towards the downed man. Pete closed his eyes hoping not to see himself eaten. He heard a loud thud and a splatter along with the sound of hoof steps. He opened his eyes again and found himself in a small shield. He turned to his side and saw Shining Armor standing next to him, his horn glowing with power. Shining looked around and grimaced. He knew he couldn’t fight them all off.

Shining turned to Pete and saw his leg. He started to grind his teeth trying to think of a way out. Finally he turned to Pete. “I’m sorry Pete, this is probably going to hurt.” Shining Armor said to Pete.

Pete’s eyes grew and he started to sweat. His mind kept flashing back to his brother. ‘No, not again, please not this again.’