• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 1,787 Views, 394 Comments

Pony-Z - Black Light



Ponies, Humans, Friendship, and Magic. What more do you need?...How about Guns, Zombies, and an Apocalypse? Yeah, that sounds about right.

  • ...
13
 394
 1,787

Chapter 19 - Anarchy

Anarchy

Pete was sitting at a table with Luna looking over maps and other charts.

"You say that the scouts saw the mass horde moving west?" Pete asked her.

"That's right, but what I'm trying to find out is why. It's not like a hoard to suddenly stray from the path they were taking." Luna answered.

"That's true, chances are they saw or heard a survivor or something of the sort." Pete told her.

"But the closest city in that dirrection is more than five hours away by chariot. What could they have found out in the middle of nowhere?" She questioned.

"Perhaps a shantytown. We ran across a few of them back home. People would take old materials and make homes with them. Making one out in the middle of nowhere reduces the chance of getting found by hoards. These towns don't have the best living conditions, but their defenitly better than nothing." Pete told her.

"So you think there's some sort of makeshift town out there?" Luna asked.

"It's a possibility, either that or there's someone out there trying to get soomewhere safer. It's hard to say, the scouts have never reported a shantytown, but they can be pretty inconspicuous because of the materials used to make them." Pete told her. "Either way, I'm almost certain that there's someone in that area who's not a zombie, or at least there was."

"In any case we need to send somepony out to investigate." Luna responded.

Pete nodded. "I'd like to send Armor's squad, and I'd also like to tag along. They've advanced more so than the other guards and I'd like to see them in a real world situation."

"Is there any danger of them failing?" Luna asked.

"There's always a danger of failing and not coming back, but I'd say that they have the best chances to avoid that." Pete answered.

"Must you always be so blunt?" Luna responded.

"Come's with the life style." Pete told her.

"I'll send out the word and have them gather in the courtyard. You'll be leaving within the hour." Luna said to him.

"I'll get my gear." Pete said standing up and walking out of the room.

Pete got to his room and put on his armor, straping his sword and knives on as he did. When he had everything on but the helmet he started making his way to the courtyard. Along the way he ran into Twilight and her friends.

Twilight noticed him and his armor quickly. "Are you going on another mission already?" She asked.

"Yep, we think we've found an enclave of survivors and I'm heading out with the best guards to check it out." Pete answered.

"I take it that means my brother is going as well?" She questioned.

"That's right." He answered, Twilight frowned slightly. Pete stepped forward and used a hand to ruffle her mane. "Oh don't start getting all depressed on me, where just going to go and check it out." Twilight glared at him as she straightened out her mane.

She sighed. "Just try and be careful." She told him.

"I've survived this long, I think I can manage." He told her as he continued to walk.

Pete, Armor, and around fourteen other gaurds gathered in the courtyard and left in a chariot. On the edge of the courtyard three figures stood watching them leave.

"There goes the captain and Pete, now we just need to find a way to distract the big guy." One of them said.

"How do you expect to do that?" The second asked.

"I have an idea." The third answered.

The three figures backed away from the courtyard.

Meanwhile Matt was sitting in the dinning room cleaning his guns. Jay walked into the room and sat next to him. "I think you have an obsession with your guns." Jay told him.

"Sure you laugh now, but just wait till your gun jams on you. Then we'll see who's laughing." Matt responded.

"It's strange to think about all that's happened to us. I mean, first we have to get used to a zombie apocalypse in our own world and then as soon as we get close we get pulled away from it. Makes you wonder what might happen next." Jay said.

Matt stopped cleaning his gun and looked up at Jay. "...What are you planning, you only ever get philosphical when you're planning something." Matt responded reaching over and taking a drink of a glass of water next to him.

"What, I'm not planning anything...Well not anymore I already completed my plan.

"What do you-" Matt started before Jay pulled out a small bottle and showed it to Matt. He began to read aloud. "Sleeping pills, put two in a glass of water wait to disolve fully..." Matt's eyes widened as he head suddenly looked at the glass he had. He saw the slight fizzing coming from it before he slumped over on the table.

"I can't beleive that worked." Liz said stepping out from behind a pillar.

"How could it not work? It was my idea." Discord asked as he slithered out from under the table.

"Either way let's get him to his room." Jay said. "I'd say we've got a few hours before he wakes up."

Discord snapped a talon and the four of them vanished into the air.

Three of them reappeared in the courtyard while Matt was sound asleep in his room.

"So what's the first order of buisness?" Liz asked.

"Well first I think Lula needs to leard to relax a little." Discord said chuckling.

"Go with an old classic?" Jay questioned.

Discord held out his hand and in a flash he was holding a pie. "An old classic." the tree vanished yet again.

~~~Four Hours of Chaos Later~~~

The entire castle was in an uproar. The kitchen was housing one of the worlds greatest food fights. The courtyard was in utter disarray the statues were turned upside down and mismatched. The throne room had been painted like a reverse rainbow. In the main hall there was a massive battle going on between Discord and Luna. Liz and Jay were watching in awe as the fight raged on. While the six mares were watching fearfully.

"I'll put desserts for the week and Discord." Jay said. "His chaos is so much more versitile."

"No way, Luna's got so much more talent. She's totally got him beat." Liz answered.

Meanwhile Discord andd Luna were having their own little argument.

"YOU THREW A PIE IN MY FACE!!!" Luna shouted.

"Thank you for repeating the same thing over again. We've been over this multiple times. How many more times do I have to agree?" Discord said laughing as he dodged around Luna's magic blasts.

"I think she may be broken." Jay said.

"Looks like it." Liz responded.

Suddenly the main doors burst open. Everyone turned their head and saw Pete standing there his helmet on, and his armor bloodied.

Everything was silent for a moment as they all looked at him.

"What the hell is this?" Pete asked. His voice low and dark.

Jay was the one to answer and Pete started walking towards him as he spoke. "Well you were gone so we thought we could have sme fun, so we-" Jay was interupted as Pete punched him in the stomach gauntlet and all. Jay fell to his knees clutching his chest in pain.

"Well while you were having fun I was out following a hoard looking for a settlement. Do you know what I found out about what the horde was following?" Pete asked. "There was a cymble monkey with a note that said 'Love Discord'. Do you know what happened before we found that monkey? The hoard found us. We lost two guards, we didn't even have time to find their bodies so we could mourn them." Pete said. The room was silent. Pete had never acted this darkly before.

The rest of the guard came limping in their armor was bloodied and their faces were all dull and sad.

"Line up." Pete said quietly. "I want to see who and what we have left."

The guards lined up Shining Armor at one end lining up by rank. Two obvious gaps were left in the row.

Pete walked through the row taking note of who was left and what gear they had with them. He stopped at the last pony in the row. The guard was breathing heavy and had more blood on him than any of the other gaurds. Pete crouched down and took the helmet off the guard, pulling his guantlet off as well. He put his hand against the guard's head. He quickly reached down and grabbed the guards leg, it was forcefull but not painfully so. "...You've been bit." Pete told him.

The gaurd was taking deep breaths. "I know, during the fight the adrenaline was blocking the pain, but I can tell now. I-I'm sorry, I was careless, I hesitated strikeing an infected foal." The guard moaned out.

Pete put a hand on the guards shoulder. "Don't be sorry, none of this was your fault." Pete told him. "I can't offer you life, but I can take away the pain." Pete said. The guard was silent and still for a moment before he nodded once. Pete flicked his wrist suddenly and the guard was on the ground a moment later a knife already lodged in his brain. Pete reached down and pulled the knife out. All the others in the room were staring at him with wide eyes.

"Take down their names and alert their next of kin." Pete said as he walked away from the body.