• Published 4th Nov 2013
  • 9,159 Views, 557 Comments

I Have Returned - EPiiCx5587



Twilight returnes to Equestria after six years of fighting the Covenant ,but she isn't alone, and doesn't have friendly intentions.

  • ...
122
 557
 9,159

Chapter 3 Danger

I Have Returned Chapter 3

Danger

________________________________________________________________________
UNSC INFINITY
Lasky's personal quarters
1010 hours

Coms were down, engines were offline, and there was no way that the crew could get the slipspace drive back online unless they got help, and to top it all off the Infinity was orbiting a cartoon planet, yes today was a god awful day for Captain Thomas Lasky. To make matters worse he had a concussion from hitting his head when the Infinity came out of slipspace according to medical staff which made it hard for him to help out with the cleanup effort, and despite the doctors recommendation that he get rest and take things easy he still helped out the crew and thankfully got the bridge cleaned up within a single hour. Before he went to be in his room though, Pearl told him an incident that happened in the war games with Commander Arrimondo, she also told him that Jane had some sort of foreign glow around her that they weren’t able to identify. The only possible good news he had gotten is that she took some scans of the planet that they were currently in orbit around to find that it was inhabited, which could either be a good thing or bad if they were hostile. If it did take a long time to repair the infinity there would probably be food on the planet, which they would need since most of the rations on board were destroyed. He would have to peruse that matter later though, there were more important matters to deal with first and they had enough food for a good while. Pearl also mentioned that she found something strange, but after that she didn’t elaborate on it and said that she just needed time alone.

For now though he was in his personal quarters attempting to get some sleep hoping that he would wake up to find this all to be a dream, but too many thoughts were running through his head making it hard for the Captain to have his nap. After a long half hour of lying in his bed unable to fall asleep he opened his eyes to the still ruined room proving once again that this was very real. Shifting his head around he saw a small photo of him and Chyler Silva back from when he attended Corbulo Academy of Military Science, back when the academy still existed before it was destroyed by the Covies. Luckily for him he was able to escape with the help of the Master Chief, but Chyler didn't make it, which was something that still haunted him to this day no matter how hard he tried suppressing it.

He sat up in his bed and held the photo closer to his face to get a better look at it. The glass was broken probably from falling when the ship came out of slipspace into orbit around the strange planet. It was a picture of them on their first day at the academy of both of them draping there arms around each other in their uniforms with the calming evening sky in the background with warm smiles on both his and her faces like nothing could go wrong. That day was also the day he first met her and their friendship was almost instantaneous. Lasky smiled to himself remembering the good memories of their days together; hopefully he could get the glass replaced by the time they got back to earth, if they got back to earth. With that in mind his thoughts went back to the situation at hand; How the hell were they supposed to get back to Earth with a broken slipspace drive that was according to the technicians working on it “un-repairable without new parts from the UNSC” but the coms were down as well so they pretty much had no hopes of contacting anything, human or not.

Just then he heard the hiss of a door opening and looked to his right towards the door to see who it was, but strangely though there was nothing there but an open door which quickly closed after a few seconds. Oddly though he felt a strange presence in the room for some reason, like someone or something was standing next to him. Not knowing what to do Lasky felt compelled to say something "Hello? Is anyone there?"

Hearing no answer he stood up and reopened the door and peered into the hallway to see if anyone was there who might have accidentally opened the door. He looked left and right, but nobody was in sight, he yelled "Hello!" He received no answer further adding to his suspicion.

He thought to himself "Well maybe it was some sort of glitch, that's probably what it was, no biggie."

Shrugging it off as nothing Lasky returned to his room and sat back on his bed. Still though, he felt like someone was there in the room with him watching his every move like some sort of monster waiting for the right moment to strike its prey. Finaly deciding to ignore it Lasky decided to try to go back to sleep again and talk to Pearl about the incident later when he felt a warm breath on his neck. In an instant he turned around to face whoever was there to once again find nothing. "WHO ARE YOU THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" he shouted standing up once again to take gaurd at whatever was there.

"This better not be some sort of prank Pearl, I've dealt with enough stress today." But before he could say anything else, the soft femenine voice echoed throughout the whole room.

"You shouldn't have come here…. human."

Without even getting a chance to respond a sharp pain pierced through him like nothing he had ever felt before. Unsure of what transpired he looked down to see a gaping hole in his chest going through his heart. He collapsed down to the floor in agony. Blood started spewing from his wound like a river all over his uniform and on to the floor. He couldn't comprehend what was going on, who attacked him, and more importantly why? He looked around hoping to find something of use, on the wall next to the door he saw a button and speaker which was used for contacting Pearl, or anyone else in the ship.

"ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHH!" he screamed in pain. But before he had any time to consider any other options he found himself desperately inching himself towards the wall which had the button on it. With his right hand firmly on top of the wound, and using his left hand to drag him across the floor towards his destination. With a lot of effort he was able to make his way to the wall. A wave of dizziness washed over him due to the blood loss, but he managed to stand up and push the button to contact the bridge and faintly say into the speaker. "Pearl….. help….. me….." before he collapsed onto the floor coughing up blood. He started to feel his vision fading from him as he tried to sit up so he could rest on the wall. Tears rolled down his face as the pain became unbearable until he could no longer take it as he took his final breath before the darkness overtook him.

________________________________________________________________________
UNSC INFINITY MEDICAL WING
0950 hours

"Sorry Commander Palmer, but she's out cold right now." said Roland in an obvious stressed tone. He had been watching over Jane for the past while now under orders from Pearl who was curious about what happened in the war games, and wanted to question Jane about it. Being her A.I. Pearl wanted him to have incredibly boring job of waiting till she woke up. And now he had to deal with Palmer and that cocky attitude that she usually had. He got annoyed every time he had to speak with her, and this time was no different, although something was clearly off about her today. She was still an a bitch, but she seemed upset about something although he couldn't tell what it was, nor did he care.

"Alright then, I'll come back later." Responded Sarah, taking another look at the unconscious body of Jane Arimondo. "How did she even get knocked out? Wasn't she in one of the wargames pods, shouldn’t she have been safe in one of those?"

"Well, that's when things get weird." He replied

"Weird, what do you mean weird?"

"She was glowing." Chimed in Crimson, who had just entered the room. He was still in his jumpsuit that he was wearing in the wargames room, so he must of not of had time to change out of it, then again who wouldn't with all that was going on.

"Glowing? You have to be kidding me." Laughed Palmer, with a sense of disbelief.

"I'm not lying Commander." Replied Crimson.

She looked over to Roland giving him a questioning look, but Roland knew what Crimson was saying was genuine. "Sorry Commander, but he's telling the truth." was all he could say.

"Really then." Questioned Sarah looking back over to Crimson. "Then tell me, what exactly happened?"

Realizing that he might be here for a while Crimson opted to sit down in a chair next to the bed in which Jane was in before he started his story. "Alright then, I'll tell you. The match had just started; me and most of the team were heading to the ball while Jane went up top presumably going for the energy sword. I had just gotten the ball when I heard Jane screaming, which was strange sense Jane isn't the type of soldier to scream in pain. I shrugged it off as nothing and started to run to the enemies goal so I could run the ball in. When I got up there I was expecting to see the enemy team there waiting for me, but instead they were cluttered around something where the sword usually spawns. Wondering what they were looking at I made my way through them with my team just behind me. I saw her there on the floor looking at me enveloped in a purple aura. I contacted the wargames A.I. and told him to shut down the match thinking it was just a glitch and that was why she had that around her. When we came out everything was a mess, probably from when we came out of slipspace. I looked over to Jane who was still in her pod was, she still had the aura around her. When we got her out of the pod the aura went away and she fell unconscious. If you want you can check the footage from the match and you'll see it right there.

After he finished his story Palmers expression changed from disbelief to shock. "That's just insane, why would that happen?" asked Palmer.

"I don't know." said Crimson looking out the window pointing at the strange planet. "But I have a bad feeling that it has something to do with that planet."

"Actually." Roland intervened. "Pearl wants to question Jane on that. She doesn't know if Jane will know anything, but then again with all that is going on I guess that's our only lead."

Confused couldn't even begin to describe how Sarah felt about this situation. Why would this happen only to Commander Arimondo? It couldn't have been a glitch because the aura, according to Crimson, was still around her outside the wargames. But one thing kept nagging at her mind, what if Jane did know something? It seemed so far-fetched, but she couldn't help but feel that it was a possibility.

"Well alright then. I guess I'll go now, maybe I'll go see what the captain is up to." She said rather awkwardly, scratching her head in light of the new information she just received before walking out of the room before anyone could respond leaving them dumbfounded as to why she left so quickly.

The door behind her closed with a hiss as she found herself in a long sterile hallway. Thankfully most of the cleaning in this sector was finished so she was alone and didn't have to worry about running into anyone as she made her way towards where the Captain's room was. Palmer had gone to see Jane in hopes that she could help her with her social problems with the other Spartans despite her hate for the Spartan. It was no question that she couldn't stand the attention that she got, but if anyone could help her it was Jane Arimondo. That's if the spartan actually agrees to help her, but then again anything was possible.

She arrived at one of the still functioning elevators and held out her hand to push the up button only to have someone beat her to it. She looked beside herself to see a very angry looking Crimson.

"Yes." She said in a rather confused tone to which the scowl on Crimson's face receded to more of a stern and serious look.

"I don't know what the hell is going on here commander, but I have a bad feeling about that planet. And I also have a feeling that it has something to do with Jane."

"You're talking about why she was the only one to have that aura around her? Questioned Palmer.

"Yes, don't get me wrong I trust Jane, she's a fantastic person, but I always had the feeling that she has been hiding something from me. I've always felt that way sense I met her."

"What do you mean?"

"Well it's hard to explain. It was six years ago when I met her back on earth when the covies were invading it. She seemed so strange before like she had never seen the Covenant before or literally anything of human society."

"And you feel like Jane might be connected to the incident somehow?" She asked

Crimson paused for a second as Sarah stared him down waiting for his response, he scratched his hair for second in the awkward silence contemplating on whether he should go through with what he was going to say. Eventually he spoke up once again "I didn't tell anyone this, but when I got Jane out of the simulation pod I heard her say under her breath before she passed out 'no I left that world long ago'."

At this point Palmer was getting, she didn’t like talking about people behind their backs, especially since it had been done to her so many times. "And what do I have to do with this?"

"From what I hear Pearl took some scans of the planet and found that it was inhabited, but I also heard that she found something strange so to speak. What's strange though it’s that she isn't letting anyone see them. I know this is a lot to ask, but there is no way in hell I'll ever be able to get a hold of those scans, you on the other hand might be able to."

"Well chances are she’ll show them when that captain gets back."

"Yeah, but I don't know. Ever sense we got here, people have been saying that there is something up with Pearl. I don't know what it is, but it can't be good.

And with that he walked away leaving the female Spartan even more confused than before.

There was no doubt that the fact that a Spartan was asking for her help warmed her heart, but she was baffled at his request, but most importantly intrigued. Why would Pearl do something like that? But what were these rumors though, to her Pearl seemed perfectly fine.

As if on cue she heard a soft ding from the elevator indicating that it had arrived at her floor. She turned around to see the elevator doors opening and stepped inside. She pushed her finger on the button that would send her to the floor she wanted and with that she was heading towards the deck where Lasky's quarters were.

The elevator ride was quick and she soon she was at the door to Lasky's quarters. She made a loud knock on the door with the back of her hand and said "Lasky are you in there?" She got no response to her surprise. Thinking that he must of gone back to the bridge she turned around before she heard a faint cough coming from Lasky's room.

"Lasky, you ok?" She shouted getting a little more worried. "I'm coming in Lasky."

She opened the door expecting to see Lasky in his bed, but instead she saw a horrifying scene. The captain was on the floor unconscious with blood everywhere around him. She run up to him to and placed her finger on his neck to check for a pulse to see if he was still alive. The body was warm meaning that he could still be alive, she felt a slight pulse in his neck giving the Spartan hope that she could save him, but it quickly faded away, the captain was dead. She hesitated at first, but she decided to take a closer look at the body, the first thing that she noticed was that he had a massive hole through his chest that went all the way through to the other side. From what she could see he looked like he was attacked by something or someone, but what the hell could have made such a big hole in someone? The only thing she could think of that could come close to this size is if Tartarus punched through someone.

Before she could look anymore a voice came from the room's speaker, it was Pearl. "Captain, are you alright? Has something gone wrong?"

Sarah stood up quickly and pushed the button on the wall and said. "Pearl get a security team down here, Lasky is dead."

Author's Note:

Well that was a lot faster than chapter 2 wouldn't you guys agree? Anyways I would like to thank my editor Spiderwilliam13 he has been a great help so far. See you guys next time and make sure to keep those predictions coming, I love hearing what you guys are thinking! Until next time I'll see you guys on the online Halo 4 battlegrounds!