• Published 4th Nov 2013
  • 9,148 Views, 557 Comments

I Have Returned - EPiiCx5587



Twilight returnes to Equestria after six years of fighting the Covenant ,but she isn't alone, and doesn't have friendly intentions.

  • ...
122
 557
 9,148

A Taste Of What's To Come

UNSC INFINITY

Directly after Attack on New Pheonix

There he stood in all his glory, Sierra 117 the Master Chief. She had heard legends of him, how he destroyed Halo, stopped the flood, and many other great accomplishments he had done. He was staring out the window down onto Earth. Captain Lasky had just finished talking to him, and told him that he would leave the deck so the chief could have it all by himself. She knew that the Captain would be angry with her if she stayed here, but she had to take her chance to talk to him, just once.

“She said that to me once, about being a machine.” He said to himself, not knowing that she was just walking up behind him.

“You are the Master Chief, right?” She said.

He turned around in surprise, to see a female Spartan with long flowing purple hair and a few streaks of pink in it, staring at him like he was some sort of god.

“Yes.” He responded.

“My name is Jane Arimondo Sir, Spartan IV class." She said while giving a salute. "I know Lasky wanted you to be left alone, but do you mind if I stay here for a while?” She asked to the Spartan towering over her.

“No, it’s fine.” His voice spoke with a deep emotionless monotone, it was almost scary.

“Thank you sir.” She put her hand up against the window, and joined the Chief as the both looked upon the great Earth in all of its magnificent glory. It made her wonder, what would Equestria look like from space? It certainly was a very different world than Earth.

“Something is bothering you.” He said.

“I think that goes for both of us. What happened to you?”

“I lost a friend today, a good friend.”

“I guess you could say I’ve lost plenty of friends. From back home that is.”

“How so?” He asked.

“I haven’t seen them in years, but chances are they would hate what I have become.”

“You are a soldier, you protect people, and there is no greater honor than that.”

His words spoke the truth, though did not he know where her friends actually were.

“I suppose, but they hate killing with a deep passion, they would probably view me as some sort of monster.”

The chief reflected on these words. “Killing is never right, but humanity must always come first, even if means killing.”

“I guess at this point any solution if preferable to extinction.”

The sad thing is though; she knew her friends from Equestria would never understand. Humanity is filled with this instinct to survive, the instinct to protect their causes even if it means the sacrifices of millions, and as she’s seen; sometimes billions. Ponies had no such survival instinct; they would rather cower in fear of oppression then kill for freedom. They would call humans monsters if they saw what they had done, and it’s because of that ignorance that they could never understand what they’ve had to go through, what she has had to go through.

Human kind has had to fight for its right to live sense the dawn of it's existence, while the ponies bask in their everlasting peace, ignorant of the sacrifices humanity has made. Some would call their ignorance bliss, but it angered Jane to her core knowing that they sit all high and mighty, while good people died trying to save their species.

Sure they’ve had to fight before, but only for a few mere hours at most, and they wouldn’t even suffer any casualties. They will never understand, what true war is like, and they will understand what she has become.

“I am no monster, I am a human soldier, and I couldn’t be prouder. Thank you sir, I will leave you alone now.” And with that she quickly walked out of the room to once again leave the Spartan II alone in his thoughts.

She left the deck only to see Crimson there waiting for her.

“So, did you do it, did you talk to him?” He asked.

“I did, he opened my eyes to something.”

“Like what?”

“That I should be proud to be Jane Arimondo, and no one else.”

Author's Note:

This is just a short little interlude to flesh our Jane a little. The next chapter will head back to our main storyline. Once again a thank you to my editor SpiderWilliam13. And also once again I love seeing your guy's comments, they make my day. Until next time I'll see you guys on the online Halo 4 battlegrounds!