• Published 4th Nov 2013
  • 9,148 Views, 557 Comments

I Have Returned - EPiiCx5587



Twilight returnes to Equestria after six years of fighting the Covenant ,but she isn't alone, and doesn't have friendly intentions.

  • ...
122
 557
 9,148

Chapter 17: Remember My Name

I Have Returned: Chapter 17
Remember My Name



Jane’s magic ripped the doors off of their hinges and sent them flying across the room almost hitting princess Luna is the process. She walked into the room and surveyed her surroundings. There was no guards in the room. The only ponies who were there were Luna, Cadence, and her family.

Jane clenched her fist with anger. She knew exactly what Luna was planning on doing, and it pissed her off.

“So you get my family here in hopes that they would convince me to stop.” Jane said as she took her helmet off, and held it under her armpit. She received a collective gasp as her family saw her in for the first time in six years. They were practically shocked to see their daughter looking like this. “But It isn’t going to change anything, and I will not allowed the opinions of my relatives cloud my judgement.”

“Your judgement was clouded when you decided that murdering the entire castle guard at canterlot to get the elements of harmony for your own personal gain was a good idea.” Luna said.

“I am using those elements to save an entire species!”

“After your actions yesterday and today I find that very hard to believe.”

“Of Course you wouldn’t understand!” Jane shouted. “You’ve never experienced war after all! You have no idea the kind of suffering innocent people have to go through day by day when your species is at the brink of extinction! Where I went six years ago it’s a fucking accomplishment just to wake up the next morning and not be dead!”

“I haven’t, and I understand that, but that will never make what you did yesterday right Twilight.” Luna stated as cold as ever.

“I have a reality check for you Luna. When it comes to war sacrifices have to be made. Anything is preferable to extinction, and all measures no matter what they are have to be done to keep your species alive. Maybe someday you’ll learn that Luna. And I told you, my name is Jane, you best remember that.”

“I sickens me that anyone could follow such a crude and awful way.”

“Well I have a whole army following me. All of them wanting to end the suffering of their species once and for all. Isn’t that right Crimson?”

Crimson seemed to hesitate for a moment before finally saying. “Yes captain Arimondo. Anything, and everything has to be done to protect humanity.”

Cadence gasped. “You! I trusted you Brennan!”

“I’m sorry, but I am sworn to protect my race.”

Jane chuckled. “You see, anybody who faced the same struggles humanity has would agree with what I am trying to accomplish here.”

Jane turned towards her family, all of their eyes widening further in shock as they slowly backed away from her.

“Wh- Wh- Who are you… and what have you done with my daughter!” Night light demanded.

“I am right here dad, I’m just older and wiser now.”

“No, you’re not, my baby girl would never do this.”

“You’re right dad, I wouldn’t have done this six years ago, but a lot has happened in those six years. I’ve changed, for the better.”

At that point her mother spoke up. “Darling please don’t do this I’m begging you. Just come home, and things can return to normal!”

“Humph. Not after what I’ve seen and done in these past years. My sole purpose in life is to fight and kill now, I could never go back to the life I had here, nor would I want to. This is who I am now, a hero for humanity. It’s a true shame that even my own family cannot see the good that I am trying to do.”

At this point Shining Armour had enough of this. “I refuse to believe that you’re my little sister! I know Twilight, and I know that she would never become a monster like you!” He declared as he charged right at her.

“No shining don’t!” Luna shouted, but it was too late.

Jane grabbed ahold of her brother with her magic, suspending him in mid air before shooting him back across the room. For his sake though, Jane didn’t throw him violently, after all he was her brother. She only threw him hard enough to show him that she was not to be trifled with.

He stumbled and got up, and started to charge at her again. This time though Jane just pulled out her submachine gun and shot him once in the leg to stop him without killing him.

Shining fell to the floor from his injury screaming out in pain. Eventually he looked up at Jane, and said. “My real sister would have never done that to me.”

“The fact that I am your real sister is the very reason why I didn’t just kill you.”

Her mother, and father once again backed away in fear as Jane gave them a cold stare warning them to not do what Shining just did.

“You monster!” Cadence shouted. “That is your brother, and my husband!”

“I do what I have to do.” Jane rebutted. “Now give me those elements or else I’ll have to hurt more of you!”

“You wouldn’t!”

“I wouldn’t want to kill any of you, but I will if I have to. After all I already have tons of blood on my hands from the past few years. A few more deaths on my counter would almost be meaningless.”

Suddenly she felt the cold barrel of a gun rest against her head. She knew exactly who it was.

“There is going to be no more killing here.” Crimson said as he pushed the barrel of his assault rifle harder onto her head.

Jane laughed out loud. She knew Crimson was going to do this the instant he came to her acting like he changed his mind. Crimson wasn’t the type of person to change his view on something so easily, so Jane knew that he intended on betraying her. “I had a feeling you would do this.”

“Well you thought right then.” He said as he raised his rifle to hit her over the head.

Sadly for Crimson though Jane was to quick as she turned around and fired a magical blast right at his chest sending him flying out of the room and onto the wall of the hallway outside.

Luna took her chance right then and there while Jane’s back was turned as she fired a magical beam at Jane sending her right next to Crimson.

Jane grunted, and got up as furry started to overcome her. Her body ached all over, and her hair was burnt a bit. She looked up and shot Luna an icy glare before charging at her.

Luna fired a few magic bolts, but Jane dodged them while running towards Luna, picking up and putting on her helmet on the way.

Once Jane got close Luna pulled up a magic barrier, but it was shattered by a few bullets from Jane’s submachine gun.

Jane slammed into Luna with all of her might sending the two smashing through the Crystal throne.

The furious Spartan pinned down Luna to the floor, and raising her fist to deliver the final blow. She slammed her fist down, but Luna moved her head out of the way Just in time before Jane’s fist hit the floor leaving a sizable dent.

Jane saw Luna’s horn flared to life, but before she could react, the Lunar goddess shot another bolt at her, knocking Jane off.

She stumbled back a few paces before her energy shields recharged. Luna’s magic blasts were strong, but they weren't enough to seriously damage her armour.

With a grunt Jane focused her attention back to Luna who was struggling to get up now.

“I’m going to give you one more Chance Luna. Give me the elements, and I’ll be on my merry way, or I’ll kill you and take them myself.” Jane stated as plain and cold as ever.

“Nooo!” Cadence screamed as she tacked Jane, the force of it plowing them through a nearby window into the air.

Jane was free falling now as Cadence kicked the Spartan off before extending her wings to float down.

Jane attempted to grab onto Cadence like she did with Luna the other day, but at that point Jane had fallen too far down. She turned her body around as the ground came closer and closer. Her stabilizers only had a certain amount of fuel in them so she would have to time it just right.

“Roland. I think you know what to do.” Jane said.

“Activate your stabilizers at just the right time to not kill you I take it?”

“Just shut up and do it.”

“Very well then captain.”

The ground moved closer and closer to her, she wasn’t sure if she was going to make it until Roland finally activated her thrusters slowing her down, but not quite enough as Jane slammed into the ground breaking the Crystal road she landed into, and sending Jane falling into a Crystal cavern.

She landed with a loud splash into some water. Her entire body felt like it was on fire, but she ignored it as she swam her way to the underground shore.

“Dammit Roland, I told you to activate them at the right time to not kill me!” Jane exclaimed.

“Well you’re alive now aren't you? This was the best I could do Jane, I’m an A.I. I can’t break the laws of physics. Then again the very existence of this planet does, but I digress.”

“This is going to hurt for weeks.”

“Well it’s about to hurt more because we have trouble coming.”

A blip on Jane’s head up display alerted her to Princess Cadence flying down the cavern horn charged. The pink princess fire a few lasers, but Jane rolled out of the way before getting up.

Cadence landed right next to her. “You are not my sister in law. I will never believe you are. The real Twilight is still somewhere out there, and I know it. You are nothing more than an imposter!”

“If that’s what you choose to believe then so be it!” Jane yelled as she delivered a swift kick to Cadences face, knocking the alicorn back and drawing blood from her face.

Cadence must have lost her stance as she stumbled around for a bit in a daze from Jane’s kick. With the opportunity at hand Jane threw a punch Cadences face breaking a few of the alicorns teeth in the process.

Normally she would have been at least somewhat hesitant about hurting someone she used to call family, pony or not, but her adrenaline put all of those thoughts out of her head. The only thoughts running through Jane’s head was kill or be killed.

On one of the walls in the cavern Jane noticed a long crystal spike protruding from the wall. Jane knew what she had to do at that point.

Jane backed up a bit while Cadence was still in her daze, before sprinting full force at her and activating her thruster giving the alicorn a full on spartan charge.

The force from Jane’s impact sent Cadence right into the spike, impaling her once sister in law. Cadence squealed and gasped her air in her pain as Jane walked up to her.

“Why Twilight...” Cadence managed to blurt out.

“For humanity.” Jane said. “And like I said, my name is Jane.”

She looked down at Cadences body, blood was coming out in spurts from the wound of the spike. Jane couldn’t even begin to imagine the pain Cadence must have been going through.

Tears were running from Cadences face as the near dead alicorn whimpered. A rush of sorrow flooded Jane, as she put her hands on Cadences head.

“Don’t worry, I’ll end your suffering.” Jane said trying to be as sincere as possible before snapping Cadences neak, ending the Princess of Love’s life. A mercy kill.

Jane even felt a tear roll down her face seeing Cadence like this.

“I take it you two were close?” Roland asked.

“Yes, she was my sister in law.”

“That must be hard.”

“It doesn’t matter now, I did what I had to do, and I’ll feel no shame in it.”

“I’ve never seen you mercy kill an opponent before.”

“She took care of me as a child, she didn’t deserve to suffer.”

Jane started to think of a way in which she could get out of the cavern. From the looks of it she could climb the crystals on the wall and emerge through the hole she made when she crashed through. But then she noticed a small crystal poking out from the ground on the other side of the cavern. The strange thing though was that it was glowing a light radiant pink light.

Jane walked over to it and inspected it, until she noticed a small port in it.

“Is that what I think it is?” Roland asked.

“Well lets find out.” Jane replied pulling out Roland, and attempting to insert him into the port.

It worked! And Rolands holographic form quickly came up.

“And batta boom, I’m here. Just let me analyze what data we have here.”

Jane stood around waiting for Roland to finish his task. It was taking him a few minutes which was odd considering he was an A.I. A few minutes for them was like a few days for a human.

“Anything yet?” She asked.

“Something. I can’t make out much of it, but the word Didact seems to come up a lot here.”

“Didact! No that can’t be true.”

“The name appears quite often. I’ve also found a message here, but I can only translate some of it, the rest of it is either language we don’t understand yet, or is too damaged to make out what it says.”

“What can you decipher?”

“The first bit says ‘this is my gift to you my faith-’.”

“Hmm, maybe it’s addressing a faithful follower of whoever wrote this.” Jane contemplated. “What else can you get from it?”

“Nothing much until near the end where it says ‘remember never let them grow technologically, and keep them away from the filthy humans at all costs’. And that’s about all I can get.”

“Wait so someone here is purposely trying to keep pony kind from achieving any kind of technology at all?” Now that Jane thought about it, Equestria hasn’t had any sort of technological change at all from what she could tell from the history text books. Whoever was doing this, was succeeding.

“I guess so. What I’m more worried about though is the statement about keeping this place hidden from humanity. I guess it explains why this star system was hidden from us until we got close.”

“What do you mean Roland.”

“I was spying on Pearl right before the crash happened, Apparently according to her this solar system didn’t appear on her radar before we got close to it.”

“That explains a lot. And me going near Equestria once again despite the fact that we were in slipspace must have activated my magic sending us back into real space in orbit around Equestria.”

“That’s the only reason I could guess.”

However there was one more burning question in Jane’s mind.“Still though, if there is someone here trying to keep pony kind away from humanity, why haven’t they shown up yet?”

“I have no ide-. Wait I’m getting a bunch of new data here.”

“What kind of data.”

“I don’t know it’s coming in so fast I can’t process it.”

And suddenly Jane eyes were blinded by a flash of light. When at last her pupils adjusted, and the garling light died down she couldn’t believe what she was seeing.

Everything that was once Crystal around her, was now all Forerunner structures all glowing pink the same pink that Jane saw the prometheans had when she reviewed the security footage of last nights attacks.

“Roland what the hell just happened?”

“I have no idea Captain! A surge of data came though, then it just happened. I don’t know how to explain it.”

Right at that moment Jane heard a voice from above her. “Captain you down there?!” The voice asked. It must have been one of the soldiers who saw her down there.

“Yes I’m here. What going on up there?” Jane responded.

“It’s best that you see for yourself.” He yelled back, throwing a rope ladder down.

Jane tugged at the ladder for a second to make sure that it was sturdy before she grabbed Roland out of the port, and started to climb.

She kept on making her way further and further, until she finally reached the top, and exited the cavern.

What Jane came face to face with as she stood up out of the hole was even more shocking. The Crystal tower was now a Forerunner Dreadnought ship……

______________________________________________________
UNSC INFINITY

Palmer sat down as her new friends recounted stories from each of their pasts. She learned all kinds of crazy things such as what cutie marks were, and how they all earned theirs, to stories about their adventures together.

It was nice and calm for once for Sarah to just sit down for once and just casually listen to others that she could call friends. Sure they were ponies, but they accepted her for who she was. As of right now Pinkie Pie was telling Sarah how they all defeated nightmare moon

“And then using the elements of harmony we blasted all of the evil out of Nightmare Moon, and then she became Princess Luna!” Pinkie Pie said excitedly while making sound effects with her mouth.

“So how did you guys activate those elements?” Palmer asked.

“It was easy peasy.” Pinkie said with a wave of the hoof. “We used the magic of friendship!”

“The what?”

Rarity cleared her throat, and decided to tell Palmer herself rather than let pinkie continue before the party pony gave Sarah a heart attack with all of her energy. “Our friendship is so strong that it creates a magical bond between us that’s stronger than anything else. Each of us represents a different element of the core foundation of friendship.”

“I don’t quite understand.”

“Me neither darling, but your ‘captain’.” Rarity said putting a dark emphasis on captain. “Studied it for many years before she abandoned us.”

The wheels in Palmers head started to turn. Captain Jane Arimondo studying the magic of friendship. The thought was almost laughable if she didn’t hear it from the mouth of one of Jane’s former friends. Still though ‘the magic of friendship’ it was an interesting concept, but one that made her kind of giddy inside. It sounded like a wonderful thing….

Author's Note:

OMG How the hell did I do this that quickly? The is easily the quickest update ever! Remember when this story took 2+ months to update! In all honesty I've had a shit ton of free time in the past few days, and after last Chapter I was just in the working mood. Either way were finally getting some hints at this story's main antagonist, which is good, and were moving pretty decently into the second half of the story. I wonder If in the end will this story past 100k words? Because originally I thought that this was only going to be a 50k work long story if I was lucky, but obviously that's not the case. In the end though it's good to see me having stronger work habits, because it gets chapters your way sooner. I just hope I don't burn any of you guys out on the story, because too frequent updates can do that. Anyways until next time I'll see you guys on the online Halo MCC Battlegrounds!