• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 3,964 Views, 157 Comments

A Nightmare Before The Night [CYOA] - Selbi



This is an Interactive Story! It is the day of Nightmare Night. Everypony is busy with something to make sure the festival is going to be great. Except Twilight. Her job was finished days ago, but now she messed up. Help her save the night!

  • ...
3
 157
 3,964

Chapter 22

Chapter 22

“T-two hundred bits… That’s all Ah need…” Applejack explained. She was incredibly nervous, which was reasonable considering the situation she was in; what would happen if she didn’t get the money in time? Would she go to Tartarus for it?

“No,” said Twilight simply, the little glimmer of hope Applejack had vanished in an instant. “Applejack, you’re my friend, but I simply can’t throw around bits like I’m Princess Celestia herself.” She put a hoof on the farmer’s shoulder. “I say you should take full responsibility for your debts, not asking other ponies around to bail you out.”

“You ain’t have an idea what y’all are talkin’ about, Twi!” said Applejack despairingly, but she turned around and ran off in the direction Twilight was headed anyway.

“Gotta go. See ya later at the event!” she called over her shoulder.

Twilight sighed. What an embarrassing example…


Arriving at Rarity’s door at last, Twilight banged her hooves against it, hoping the fashionista would open it up immediately.

A set of hoofsteps and ruttling could be heard, before the door opened, exposing the white unicorn. “Oh, hello there, Twilight. What can I—”

Where’s the key?!” Twilight demanded before she could let her friend finish explaining.

Rarity looked quite taken aback, slightly embarrassed. “Y-you mean that glassy one? I gave it to…”

“Yes? Yeeesss?!” inquired Twilight as Rarity trailed off.

“Oh, hey, Rarity!” a voice from behind Twilight greeted. She turned around and saw Applejack standing there with a grin. “Thanks for the key. Ya really saved mah flank there!”

Twilight turned her attention in full force towards the farmer. “What did you do with it?!”

“Oh, uhm… Ah sold it to some moving jeweler or somethin’ for just enough money to pay mah debts,” Applejack explained. Twilight just froze in place, mouth agape. “Love it when you make that face, Twi!”



You know the drill by now. Chapter 28!