• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 3,963 Views, 157 Comments

A Nightmare Before The Night [CYOA] - Selbi



This is an Interactive Story! It is the day of Nightmare Night. Everypony is busy with something to make sure the festival is going to be great. Except Twilight. Her job was finished days ago, but now she messed up. Help her save the night!

  • ...
3
 157
 3,963

Chapter 21

Chapter 21

“Well, if magic doesn’t help me, how else can I tell you what I want?” Twilight was facing the squirrel even though she was mostly talking to herself. “It’d be great if there was a device that allowed me to communicate with animals. One that doesn’t work with magic anyway.”

Twilight rubbed her chin with her hoof. She thought of many different ideas, some of which involved pictures of the tree and fire. Eventually though, a twinkle came over her pupils.

“Of course! The best way to communicate with you is actually talking! And I know exactly who can help me! You, stay here while I’m gone!”

The squirrel continued to direct his beady eyes at her. Twilight grimaced

“There’s something about your expression I don’t like… Here,” she said, opening her saddlebag and tossing a few coins into the tree hole, “have these. I still don’t know what you would want with pony currency anyway, but as long as it keeps you here I won’t complain. Maybe you need to pay your rent to this tree here or something.”

She turned around, and ran off to Fluttershy’s cottage.


“Oh no, "I can't afford to deal with this right now…” said Twilight deadpanned.

Hanging from a nail on Fluttershy's door was a sign with letters spelling out, “DON’T COME IN! IN THE MIDDLE OF AN EXPERIMENT!

Twilight could tell it was serious business because it was written in capital letters. Capital letters mean serious business. And Fluttershy never writes in capital letters—she sometimes even intentionally writes everything in uncapitalized letters. So when Fluttershy, the shyest pony in all of Ponyville, writes in serious-business letters, it means serious-serious business.

“Too serious for me. Just what should I do now? I could risk not seeing a rising sun tomorrow if I just walk in anyway…”



Serious situations require serious decisions.

→ Enter the cottage anyway? Go to Chapter 8!

→ Wait for Fluttershy to come out herself? Go to Chapter 15!