• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 3,958 Views, 157 Comments

A Nightmare Before The Night [CYOA] - Selbi



This is an Interactive Story! It is the day of Nightmare Night. Everypony is busy with something to make sure the festival is going to be great. Except Twilight. Her job was finished days ago, but now she messed up. Help her save the night!

  • ...
3
 157
 3,958

Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Congratulations!

You’re at the end of the story!

Background Information:

This story is lightly based on and inspired by “Lustiges Taschenbuch #333” (January 4th, 2005). That book has been resting on my shelf ever since its release, and I was always amazed by its own choose-your-own-adventure story, so I wanted to try my luck at one myself.

Because planning and writing stories like this one take a huge amount of time, I chose to keep it fairly simple for now. True CYOA stories have multiple paths, sometimes even multiple alternate endings, and every choice will have serious consequences for you as a player. Most importantly though, they have around 400, not 40 chapters. I could’ve written something with more than one end, but the work for that would’ve been extreme. This project here already took me one and a half weeks of daily work.

This was more of a test for myself anyway, as well as to see how people generally like these stories. If the feedback is positive, I might consider writing more of these in the future!

Walkthrough:

1 – 2 – 3 – 23 – 31 – 9 – 33 – 21 – 8 – 26 – 37 – 13 – 27 – 38 – 4 – 11 – 34 – 17 – 40 – 39

In the most ideal situation you should have 20 chapters marked as read (summing up to only about 9,300 words). How far off are you? Comment!

Thank you for reading and playing!

Happy, Happy Helloween 2013!