• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 3,963 Views, 157 Comments

A Nightmare Before The Night [CYOA] - Selbi



This is an Interactive Story! It is the day of Nightmare Night. Everypony is busy with something to make sure the festival is going to be great. Except Twilight. Her job was finished days ago, but now she messed up. Help her save the night!

  • ...
3
 157
 3,963

Chapter 29

Chapter 29

“Getting a few decorations for one house is more important than a firework show only designed for Princess Luna? Has Celestia gone completely mad or what?”

Twilight angrily crumpled up the letter and threw it into a nearby trash can.

“My answer is ‘no’ and that is final. Be a good assistant and tell the princess. I gotta get going.”

Bolting away, she left a completely speechless Spike behind. He took out a quill and parchment, and wrote down what we was told, then sent it off. “Doesn’t she remember the last time Celestia threatened with ‘consequences’?”


Twilight arrived at Rarity’s boutique at last, hoping it was the penultimate time she would need to chase after her key, as she desperately gasped for any air her tired lungs could catch.

Cooling down a little bit, she steadied herself and raised her hoof to knock on Rarity’s door.

Thud.

“Huh?” Before any part of her body connected with the wood, a muffled sound came from the inside of the dress workshop.

Thud. Thud.

“What’s going on here? Rarity? Is everything alright in there?” she called out through the door. There was no response. Twilight got more worried by the second, and hastily slammed her hoof against the door. “Rarity! Open up!”

Thud. Thud. Thud.

And then, silence, for what felt like at least a minute. Twilight charged up a spell to break the door open with her magic. She positioned herself into an ideal spot, and—

BOOM!

The door exploded from out of its hinged, falling directly towards Twilight. The librarian was only a split second away from being crushed as she teleported a few feet backwards.

A split second she wouldn’t be able to celebrate still being alive.

“CONSEQUENCES! CONSEQUENCES! NO KEY! NO KEY!” a completely insane Rarity, dressed as what looked like a… door, screamed wildly, her eyes flickered about in random directions, as she stomped out of the open frame. She was accompanied by six animated mannequins, overrunning Twilight in an instant.

The absurdly crazy and feral fashionista just kept on running to the town center, her wooden posse galloping behind her.

Twilight didn’t even bother to get up; she just let the tatters of her ruined victory settle onto her like a burial shroud.

“In this very moment I hate you very, very much, Celestia.”



Death of victory—resurrection of failure. To Chapter 28!