• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 3,958 Views, 157 Comments

A Nightmare Before The Night [CYOA] - Selbi



This is an Interactive Story! It is the day of Nightmare Night. Everypony is busy with something to make sure the festival is going to be great. Except Twilight. Her job was finished days ago, but now she messed up. Help her save the night!

  • ...
3
 157
 3,958

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

“Where? Where? Where?!

Twilight searched through every nook and cranny of her bedroom that looked like it would hide something from her for several minutes, getting more and more anxious with each and every passing one.

Spiiiiike!” she screamed eventually.

Her number-one assistant appeared seconds later. “Yes, Twilight?”

“Where did I put the key?!”

“You mean the one and only thing that can open that safe?” asked Spike. “The key you made from indestructible diamonds so that I couldn’t eat it? The key you created yourself so that nopony could steal the fireworks? The key that—”

Yes!” she interrupted. “And don’t you blame me for taking extra precautions to prevent another drama caused by ‘Cutie Mark Crusaders Pyrotechnicians Yay!’”

“Well, I’m sure putting the fireworks into a spell-proof safe, not even you can open was the best course of action here.”

“I can open it with the key, so shut it!” said Twilight with a groan. “Just tell me where it is.”

“It should be in your saddle bag.”

“I know! But it isn’t there!” Twilight sighed. “The mayor asked me to get the fireworks early.”

“You could call a key service.”

“Har har. Very funny, Spike. You were watching me when I made that key, and you know it’s one-of-a-kind. Sticking anything but that thing into the lock won’t help me at all.”

Twilight kept on staring at the metallic rectangle, almost hoping it would magically open itself. Ironically, the only magic this safe could produce was the magic that forbids any other magic.

“So… what now?” asked Twilight after a while.

“Well, sitting around here whining about it won’t get you the fireworks either. You have to find a way to get in there.”

Twilight stood up again, confidence flowing through her ever-so-slightly. “You’re right, Spike. Just…”



… what way should Twilight go first?

→ Try breaking the safe open? Go to Chapter 16!

→ Go back to town center and look for the key there? Go to Chapter 23!