• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 3,959 Views, 157 Comments

A Nightmare Before The Night [CYOA] - Selbi



This is an Interactive Story! It is the day of Nightmare Night. Everypony is busy with something to make sure the festival is going to be great. Except Twilight. Her job was finished days ago, but now she messed up. Help her save the night!

  • ...
3
 157
 3,959

Chapter 9

Chapter 9

“Better continue chasing the squirrel. I doubt Vinyl meant my key,” Twilight told herself as she raced down the street. “Hey, stop!” she commanded the squirrel.

Twilight paid little attention to the busy ponies that flickered past, most of which stopped for a second to shoot a curious glance as she shot by with only her target in mind.

“I said stop!” Twilight said that in the hopes the ponies around her would lend her a hoof in catching the little critter, not because she actually expected it to stop.

Because of that, she was incredibly surprised when the distance between the squirrel and her quickly closed, allowing Twilight to slowly catch up with it. The squirrel was panting heavily, clutching it's knees with tiny paws—Twilight may not have been the fastest runner, but she definitely had a lot of endurance. Changing its direction to the nearest hollow tree, the squirrel gave one last sprint, and then hid itself inside a hole on the side of the dead bark.

“Hah, you can run, but you can’t hide! I saw you getting in there! You’ve trapped yourself!”

Twilight reached up and inserted her hoof in the hole, then waved it around wildly in an attempt to find the culprit.

“Come on, you gotta be in here somewh– OW!” She hastily pulled out her hoof to find two small, bleeding bite marks on the base of it. “You little rat!” She inspected the bite and sighed. “That’s going to leave a bruise…”



What to do now?

→ Try to get even with the squirrel on the easy way? Go to Chapter 33!

→ Or rather do this the hard way? Go to Chapter 18!