• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 4,623 Views, 74 Comments

Nyx's Time with Rainbow Dash - MaskedPony



Rainbow has to watch over Nyx for a few months while Twilight is in Canterlot.

  • ...
27
 74
 4,623

Regrets, the heist, and Reunion

At the evil Castle, a pony was in his chambers, looking depressed, troubled and haunted by memories.

Flashback

"ugh who arre you?" Asked the mare.

"I am Dark Shadow, the last thing you will see."

Dark Shadow then use his magic to grab the mare.

"Lunar, Run." said the mare

"I'm not leaving without you FIre Storm" Said Lunar.

"RUN!"

Lunar did what he was told and ran. but looked back at the horror

"Now then Fire Storm i'm gonna ask you for one last thing. YOUR ETERNAL SILENCE. farewell."

Dark then punched Fire Storm in the stomach. as she gasped for air, she looked at her killer, and Dark Casted the most illegal spell known to equestria and unicorns, the "LIFE ENDER" spell. it hit and killed her. he then followed and immobilized Lunar. "heh heh heh, you know what i'm gonna do to you?" he asked, Lunar shoke his head. "i'm gonna do THIS." he then breathed into Lunars face and strange flows of magic went through him. he was then stunned suddenly celestia appeared and battled Dark Shadow. as Celestia sealed Dark Shadow in the Shadows, Lunar fainted.

Present

"what, have i been doing?" he said to himself. Lunar then looked at a mirror and was depressed. "This all Dark Shadows fault. he killed celestias student, MY MAREFRIEND, in front of me." Lunar then thought for a moment and hit an idea, he wrote a note and left it on the bed. "i'm gonna make things right, Dark Shadow is gonna pay, Nyx is in danger and i must help her." Lunar's horn lit up and he teleported out of the castle.

"Master Lunar, are you allright?" said the servant. the servant then saw the note, the servant picked up the not and began to read.

By time you read this, i left my title of Master.
Reason, i been manipulated, Used and Blessed by Dark Shadow
i'm setting things right. i putting an end to this and Reclaim my Freedom
I'm gonna help Nyx end Shadow and Put my Marefriends soul to rest
your formal Master
Lunar Spark
p.s. Don't tell Shadow.

the servant was horrified. the Captain was nothing what they seemed, he was evil and a Murderer. he then hid the note and went on his way.

Ponyvile

it was 4:40 pm and Nyx and rainbow were seen sitting on the ground in the out skirts of ponyville. "That was a awesome fight you battled." said Rainbow

"well remember protecting ponies, including myself from threats is my talent. i didn't want anyone to get hurt."

"Well its a good thing that Dusk was arrested, and his horn is gone. man i can't believe Lunas son went rouge and disappeared after being unfrozen."

as they were relaxing they saw 4 ponies running towards them "We been looking for ya both" said applejack

"whats up?"

"We heard what happened, are you okay Nyx?"

"i am okay fluttershy." said Nyx

"guys Nyx isn't hurt she was unstoppable, she took him down. celestia then destroyed the dudes horn and he got arrested."

"thats great darling but whats the deal with Luna having a son?"

Suddenly a flash of light appeared and a letter appeared on the ground. "huh it is sent to me?" said Nyx. the others looked curious and Nyx began to open the letter and Read it.

Dear Nyx
you maybe are wondering who i am. but thats not important right now
i'm aware of what had happen today, i can sense it.
anyway i'm here to tell you what Dark Shadow is planning
basically hes planning on using you, to conquer equestria
don't worry i am coming to help you, its time for him to pay for what he did to me
and my deceased marefriend
meet me along with rainbow dash at 5 oclock today near the everfree forest entrance
i'll tell you who i am when you meet me
p.s your friends can come to if they wish

"Huh looks like we have to go there" said Nyx

"i agree, but whats the deal with the mentioning of a deceased marefriend?"

the others wondered and they decided to go to the entrance of the Everfree forest. they wondered what it was about

Ever free forest entrance
5:00

as they went by the entrance, they made sure to check if no one is around. they walked closer. "Okay we're here" said Nyx

"Nyx what are you doing it could be a trap." said Rainbow

suddenly a voice is heard. "i been waiting, Nyx Sparkle." said the voice

"Who are you?"

the pony came to view and was a Dark blue unicorn with Midnight color mane and a 2 Swords and shield as a cutie mark. "My name is Lunar Eclipse."

the others gasped in horror. "WHY ARE YOU HERE? YOU BETTER NOT TRY TO KIDNAPPED ME!" said Nyx

"I'm not here to kidnap you i'm here to help. but i need you to help me first please i beg you."

Nyx looked curious "Its about the blessing isn't it"

"Y....Yes its been infected me i've just broken out of it, but i have limited time before it takes over again."

Nyx then thought for a moment and then nodded, she walked up to Lunar "i'll remove the Blessing, but i will have to Knock you out for a couple minutes" said Nyx Lunar Nodded and Nyx casted a spell Knocking Lunar out, she Then ready her horn and started casting the spell. as she was doing it the others were shocked. suddenly the cloud came to view and Nyx was removing the blessing. it then turned out to be way different then spell nexus blessing she did on children of nightmare and once on Twilight. Nyx began to destroy the blessing. the others were speechless. "she wasn't kidding when she freed Spell Nexus." thought rainbow. after one final blow to the Blessing cloud, the cloud was then destroyed and disappeared into thin air. Nyx then began to wake up Lunar.

"you... freed... me?"

yes now you said you were gonna help with a plan"

"yes come close."

everypony got close and listened to Lunar. "I give you a run down Dark Shadow is planing on an assault in 2 months, he's planning on coming through the outskirts with a big army. by memory i know he has 200 troops. so heres the plan, during the 2 months we have to train Nyx, to use the emeralds. i will be her teacher, once the battle happens you 5 will have to help her the best you can. but be aware, if the troops are out numbered and defeated, dark shadow will show up, only the emeralds are the weakness to do to them giving the user a "Super Form". we will have to make sure they don't reach canterlot. i will create you 5 armor and we wil bring Dark Shadow to an end. any questions."

Nyx raised her hoof. "Yes Nyx?"

"you said the emeralds give me a super form, what will it do?"

"well it will make make you fly, and very powerful. its getting late. i will head to canterlot. and warn celestia and mom."

Lunar then backed up and teleported with a Flash. the others were hoping that the battle will end this once and for all.

Canterlot

in the throne room celestia and luna were sitting talking. "so you're saying Dark Shadow has returned?" asked Luna

"yes he has returned."

"I thought you said he was sealed in the shadows, how could of he broke free?"

"I'm not sure, he could of broken out either due to my banishment, or something found a way to break the seal. "

Suddenly a flash of light appeared and luna and celestia looked. as the light fadded, standing in front of them was Lunar Eclipse. "princess Celestia, i need to speak to you." said Lunar

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE TRAITOR?"

"Please hear me out?"

"Guards arrest this pony"

the guards came in and started to take Lunar

"PLEASE I BEG YOU HEAR ME OUT, Please. Mom, i begging you, do something." said Lunar with tears as the guards were tying him up. suddenly Luna looked surprise "He... hasn't called me mom ever before that incident" thought luna

"Tia have them release him"

"are you crazy. He's a traitor."

twilight came in at the wrong time and notice something going on. and saw the guards waiting for the next order. "whats going on" said twilight

"Tia he said the one word i never thought i hear again that he never said after that incident"

"He's possesed by a blessing that can't be removed."

Twilight walked up the the pony. "whats wrong. Who are you"

"I'm...Lunar Eclipse..... I.. i came to tell celestia that Dark Shadow is planning an assault on ponyville and canterlot, she thinks i'm still possesed by the Children of the shadow. a filly named Nyx got rid of the blessing and now i'm begging my Mom, Luna to *sniff have Celestia hear me out and un tie me. i.. i don't want to be behind bars... i don't want my dead marefriend to see me like this from the great beyond. Equestria is in danger."

Twilight was shocked, she saw the look in his eye, he was hurt, haunted by his own past, and was scared. if she didn't do something soon he is gonna be in a cell "PRINCESS!" yelled twilight

"uh hi twilight, bad timing, can you please..."

"NO Princess, hear this pony out, he has info you need" Twilight said furiously.

"But twilight..."

"CAN YOU SEE THE PAIN IN HIS DARN EYES!?"

celestia looked at lunar, and continued to listen to twilight.

"HOW COULD YOU ARREST A PONY WHO WAS JUST FREED FROM A BLESSING, NYX WOULDN'T BE HAPPY THAT THE PONY SHE FREED WAS ARRESTED! CAN YOU SE HES TRYING TO REVEAL INFORMATION ABOUT AN UPCOMING ATTACK ON CANTERLOT AND PONYVILLE!? DO YOU WAN'T EQUESTRIA."

"WHAT!"

"WHAT!"

"can you see he is trying to take vengance against his marefriends killer and wants justice served to Dark Shadow? How could you?"

"Guards, release Lunar."

the gaurds gave a shakily salute and untied lunar and left scared at what they witnessed. The guards knew that they should never anger twilight

"My son what is the info." said luna

Lunar began telling her what Dark Shadow told him his plot was and when he is planning to strike, he revealed shadows plan for Nyx and everything else.

"Thank you lunar, thank you for telling us."

"your Welcome your highness."

luna looked at Lunar. In Lunas eyes tears were developing. Luna soon got up and ran and hugged her son. "its great to see your back, your mom has missed you." said luna with a voice crack

"Mom i'm so sorry for everything, i can't believe i didn't listen to fire storm when she told me to run."

"its okay everything is find now, your home now."

celestia then stepped up "now why are you training Nyx how to use the emerald?" she asked

"i want to teach her how to use their power, besides, *Sniff* she reminds me of Fire storm. She even is like a daughter i never had" said Lunar

"celestia then got up and looked at Twilight. "Twilight, do you mind if Lunar stayed with you in your room?"

"i'm okay with it princess."

"Lunar go with twilight and you can sleep in her room. she will show you where. you'll have to train Nyx how to use the emeralds on the weekends with Rainbow Dash helping you."

"Yes your highness"

Twilight and Lunar then headed toward twilights room as the princesses looked at each other. "i'll gather the gaurds and i will explain our plan that will work with lunars. we have a battle coming up." said celestia

"yes tia"

Both Princesses knew that if Dark Shadow had returned, it meant serious buisness, According to Celestia, Dark Shadow is known as The Lord of the Shadows, Dark Shadow was also known for killing innocent ponies. They both knew that he will have to be shop

Author's Note:

whew, heres the next chapter. more chapters are to come hope you enjoy this chapter. prepare for the next chapter.

so what do you think about Lunar Eclipse so far?

Update: Massive changes and add ons.