• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 4,622 Views, 74 Comments

Nyx's Time with Rainbow Dash - MaskedPony



Rainbow has to watch over Nyx for a few months while Twilight is in Canterlot.

  • ...
27
 74
 4,622

Cmc sleepover

at Rainbows house, Nyx was preparing her stuff to bring to her sleepover with the cmc, while rainbow was reading her mail. as Rainbow was skimming through her mail she came across a letter that look different. she then began to read. as she read the letter said that the writer now knows Lunar betrayed him, and stated if Nyx surrenders, they will show mercy. to Rainbow she was angered "GRRR, I'VE ABOUT HAD IT WITH THAT JERK DARK SHADOW". she yelled. Nyx then came down stairs and looked at Rainbow, who was angered.

"D...did i do something wrong?"

Rainbow sighed "No, no you didn't. i got a letter, and it said they know Lunar betrayed them and they want you to surrender."

"I'll never surrender. if a battle is what they want, they will get one. besides i'll never let evil take me. with the new children of nightmare on our side, we be able to fight back. you can be my wingpony, even mom and our friends. besides she told me you guys took on an army of changelings."

Rainbow was sheding a tear and hugged Nyx. "Nyx, i don't want nothing to happen to you in battle. you mean a lot to me as my goddaughter, you mean a lot to your mom, and our friends. if you want us to be your team, i guess we can."

Nyx smiled "sh..should i tell my friends?"

"if you are comfortable to let the trouble out then yes."

Nyx then took it in and got her stuff. "lets go to the acres time to meet up with applebloom." said Nyx. Rainbow nodded and allowed Nyx to get on her back. they then took off and headed to sweet apple acres.

sweet apple acres

Nyx and rainbow were in the air over the acres when they saw Applejack at the farm house. Rainbow decided to land at the farm house. When she landed Nyx and Rainbow met with applejack and Granny Smith. "Well howdy their you two. hows it been going?" asked applejack

"Its going good AJ i bought nyx for her sleepover."

to Granny Smith she was surprised to see nyx "Why in tarnation did you bring her here. shes nightmare moon." asked Granny Smith

Nyx then got off rainbows back and walked up to Applejack.

"granny ah thought i told you that Nyx is not nightmare moon anymore. why can't you get it through your head?"

"Shes a bad apple wants a bad apple always a bad apple" she said while looking at Nyx.

Nyx then walked up to Granny Smith and touched her hoof. "I'm not evil anymore, i was given mercy." she said. suddenly there was a mysterious aroma around Granny and Nyx. Granny Smiths eyes went wide, she was seeing the truth. she was seeing in Nyx that see was a good filly, but is living with terrible scars from her time as Nightmare Moon, and she saw Nyx seeing her mom about to be hanged. Granny then pieced it together, she saw that Nyx was not a bad pony but a good one. as Nyx removed her hoof from Granny Smith she was looking at Applejack. "you were right Applejack, i am wrong. i should of listen to you. from what Nightmare....er i mean Nyx should me in her memories, she is a good pony and it wasn't her fault."

To Rainbow and Applejacks surprise, Granny Smith was finally admitting defeat. Rainbow then looked at Nyx. since when did you have the ability to show ponies your memories?" asked rainbow

"i guess its because of the emeralds."

suddenly, AppleBloom, Sweetie belle and Scootaloo appeared. and saw Nyx. They ran over to Nyx. "HI NYX." they all said.

"Hey guys. oh guess what remember when we were learning about the equestrian emearlds."

"yeah?" said applebloom

Nyx then began to glowed and the emeralds started floating around her. "I have them. that means i'm destined for their power. i been training to use them."

"Thats so awesome, its like you were ment to use their power. boy diamond will be sorry for saying that on that day." said scootaloo.

"yeah but what do you want to do."

"how about we head to the clubhouse." said applebloom

"the fillies agreed and headed towards the clubhouse while the 3 ponies were watching. granny then look at Rainbow. "can you tell Twilight i owe her and spike an apology for almost arresting her daughter?"

"actually since i am Nyxs legal Godmother and she is my Legal goddaughter, i will be happy to. but i will have to do it through mail because Twilight is in Canterlot."

"Thanks."

Rainbow then said goodbye to AppleJack and asked her to make sure Nyx is okay and safe. she then pinkie promised that she will make sure shes safe. Rainbow then took off and headed towards her house.

CMC Clubhouse

At the clubhouse the 4 fillies were seen hanging out. scootaloo was playing checkers with Sweetie belle while applebloom was playing cards with Nyx. after they finish their games, Nyx and the others sat and chatted. "Guys i figured out who was the previous holder of the equestrian emeralds."

"who?" asked sweetie belle

"Turns out that the emeralds were last used 1,004 years ago by a pony named Lunar Eclipse."

"Lunar Eclipse. now the first name sounds like it rings a bell." said applebloom

"Guys, Lunar is Luna's Long lost son."

"Lunar is Luna's son?"

"Yes 1004 years ago he had a marefriend, apparently on that day, something happened and his love was murdered and he witnessed it. her killer was Dark Shadow, a dangerous pony who is the leader of Children of the Shadow. apparently Dark Shadow blessed Lunar and he became one of them. according to my mother, she told me through a letter, that Lunar went rouge when Luna became Nightmare moon and the emeralds turned on him, and left him and went to an area where the new destined one would find them and use their power. when Dark Shadow was sealed in the Shadows by Celestia after banishing her sister. Lunar froze himself in time and wasn't heard from again. but i met him and he begged me to remove the blessing because he had little time before it can regain control. i removed the blessing, and freed him."

the others were speachless. "what ever happen to Dark Shadow?" the asked

"its believed that he broke lose when i banished Celestia to the sun and luna to the moon, which caused the seal to break. but due to the fact that Dark Shadow has returned. hes planning on using me. thats why i'm training to use the emeralds. to defeat Dark Shadow and bring peace. right now me, My godmother Rainbow, my mom, our friends, the princesses, the gaurds, and the formal members of children of nightmare our grouping together to take down Dark Shadows army, so i can fight Dark Shadow and end this."

the cmc were quiet, they didn't know what was going on. But they knew Nyx was Telling the truth. they were praying to the Pony Gods for Nyx to win this. after a while and trying to figure out what to do about applebloom getting a cutie mark, they decided to hit the hay. they were hopping Nyxs battle was going to end this. they are chanted their theme and went to sleep

Author's Note:

well heres the new chapter. hope you enjoy it.