• Published 20th Oct 2013
  • 1,545 Views, 38 Comments

Equestrian Anti-Heat Forces - Navras97



Captain of the Royal Guard Shining Armor creates a Special Task force designed to defend stallions all over Equestria from any unwanted sexual intercourse with mares.

  • ...
10
 38
 1,545

Ch. 13

Big Mac froze from the single word uttered by the person who makes all the orders, "What...?"

Flash Sentry halted his stride to turn around, staring with a fire inside, "I said we're not going to rescue Incognito, that's final."

Big Mac galloped to Flash in a scowling expression, "So we're just gonna just sit here, catch our breath with the precious time that single stallion gave us with his life?! We're just going to leave him to die?!" His voice was starting to crescendo, out of his usual volume.

Unfazed by the taller stature and angered expression of Big Mac, Flash shot a scowl back at him, "...are you saying that this is a bad idea?" The soldiers that were in earshot of their argument stopped in their duties to look at the two, in fear something going to result with a finally used body bag. Half of the infirmary was dead silent, lingering on every syllable uttered.

It's very rare that Big Mac ever gets angry, even Braeburn has never seen his cousin go out of line. But to stand up to one of the most skilled soldiers in the whole Royal Guard is something impossible for many soldiers, but not being a soldier Big Mac doesn't realize how dangerous the situation he brewed up is. "Well... eeyup! It ain't right, we should be out there, tryin to rescue him."

"Big Macintosh...", said Flash Sentry, turning his back to him, "I understand... that as an Apple sibling, it's hard to put your honesty aside. But you need to look at the bigger picture", Flash turned his head to look at the wounded quarters. Big Mac did likewise, he saw soldiers in various casts, ranging for arm casts to full-on body casts. Every single one of them glanced at him, wide-eyed for speaking against one of the highest authorities in Equestria.

Flash turned back around to Big Mac, "You heard it yourself, Queen Chysalis said she's in Ponyville, and that she wants Incognito. Now I don't know why she wants such a specific stallion, but if what Chrysalis is right... that she has control of every mare in Equestria, we don't want to take any chances. My soldiers may be the very best of the royal guard but they've have been banged up enough for today. Quantity can beat quality if tipped far enough. If we go out now... well let's just say the Ponyville nursery is going to get VERY full."

He put a hoof on Big Mac's shoulder, "I'm sorry Big Mac, but I have to look out for what's best for ALL stallions. If that means I have to sacrifice the safety of one pony for the safety for all ponies, then that's what I'm going to do."

Big Mac stared at the ground, the frustration building up inside. He was still unable to accept Flash's decision, regardless he left to go to the quartering area. Braeburn and Spike followed him, while Whooves stayed to talk with Flash.

"This is hard for you I can tell" said Whooves to the troubled Flash, "having to make decisions not every pony is happy about."

Flash merely nodded to the doctor, then returned micromanaging the soldiers.

Whooves was about to check on Soarin until he was approached by Private Redshot, eating a fiber bar, "Will Big Macintosh be alright Doc?"

Whooves sighed in exhaustion, "he and his sister Applejack are known to be one of the most reliable ponies in Ponyville. I guess... watching Chrysalis take over her body and assault a guard has really put him on edge. You can tell he wants to save Ponyville as soon as possible from Chrysalis."

Redshot finished his fiber bar, tossing the wrapper in a nearby disposal bin. He gestured Whooves to come in closer to hear him whisper, "well don't tell Flash this but... me and Ironsword are willing to help you guys out anyway possible even if our superiors say not to".

Redshot extended out his tail that looked like a frozen flower of fire to Whooves. Whooves looked back at his stub of tail and sheepishly chuckled back. Instead the two merely shook hooves, "why are you helping us like this Redshot? Won't you get court martial? I mean you're a Private so I doubt you they could court martial you any lower so... you're risking your military career for us?"

Redshot nodded, "yes I am, can I come with you to Big Mac and the rest, there is something I want to explain to all of you."

"Sure"

"Alright then"

The two went to the Earth Pony third of the quartering area. Whooves asked why the three races were separated to Redshot. He assured Whooves it wasn't because of segregation but due to... sleeping conditions. They looked around the section until they found Big Mac lying in a bed just about his size. Braeburn and Spike were sitting in a small wooden table beside him. Whooves sat in the chair next to Big Mac's head, his eyes staring at the tall green pup tent shading him from the magic headlights above.

"Big Mac", Whooves called, Big Mac turned his head to give the doctor a depressed look, "I know you want to know that Private Redshot and Ironsword will help us if you want to rescue Incognito from Chrysalis."

"You're gonna help me?!" Big Mac said in an alarmingly loud volume. His friends quickly shushed him as earth ponies with crates on their backs passed by.

Redshot leaned his basic stallion muzzle closer to whisper into Big Mac's ear, "yes! we'll help you if you really want to rescue him".

"Eeyup, I do wanna rescue him, I don't care if it's for the greater majority I do not leave a friend to the horny buzzards".

With too much honesty comes stubbornness, thought Spike, just like Applejack was during Applebuck Season

Braeburn sat up in the chair, cocking an eyebrow to Redshot, "why are you helping Big Mac pardner... won't you get trouble to helping him?"

Redshot nodded, "yes... but me and Ironsword's priority is keeping you, I guess Braeburn, Whooves, and Spike away from danger. You're probably going to gallop off anyways if I refuse to help you Big Mac but... Ironsword and I also want to save Incognito too."

Whooves didn't catch that when he was chatting privately with the pyrophile unicorn, "you personally want to save him too...?"

Redshot gave everyone a look in the eye, "the reason why me and Ironsword want to save him is because he deserves it"

"Deserves it?" asked Spike, "did he save you and Ironsword one time?"

"Yes. Uh... do any of you remember the Shadow Colt?"

The gang looked around at each other, Big Mac was the one to nod his head of the four, "the colt showed up in Ponyville before Spike and Twilight showed up in Ponyville, when I was just a young stallion and when Applebloom was born."

Spike, Braeburn, and Whooves looked at each other, Whooves assumed Spike would've known about it, the library holds more than just books. Spike figured the Doctor would know, being the crazy timelord he is. No pony expected Braeburn to know nor did he himself.

Whooves put together the pieces, drawing up a conclusion, "this colt you fellows are talking about... Incognito is him is he?"

Redshot uttered an "mmhm" hum, Big Mac eyes widened, "Incognito's the Shadow Colt, Redshot?"

"Yes... based on the old reports of Mayor Mare, Incognito guards Ponyville in the night from any Everfree Forest creatures. Back then it was a catastrophic problem, the point of tearing Ponyville to the ground. Royal Guard forces were REALLY lazy and undisciplined during that time. There were few volunteers, and no pony was willing to put up a night shift, no matter how desperate Mayor Mare was. Millions of Bits in damages were made, ready to plunge Ponyville's economy into a snake pit. Properties were vandalized, vending stands raided, and everypony stayed inside, fearful for their lives and foals. Celestia couldn't guard Equestria as well as Luna plus she needed to look after the larger cities."

Big Mac cut Redshot off to continue the story, "then came in apparently Incognito, dressed in a black jumpsuit like that one he wore when we met him. He would traverse among the rooftops, seeking out any threat to Ponyville, and he was VERY good at it. Timberwolf attacks ceased, along with other creatures like ursa minors and other Greek monstrosities that stumbled into Ponyville. While all the citizens were asleep, a few would stay up late and see Incognito walk the rooftops. Few drowsy residents would discover he would take on about 10-20 timberwolfs at a time, leaving piles of twigs in his path."

Redshot told the next part of Incognito's night crusade, "on one occasion a resident spotted him defeating an ursa major!"

Spike thought of that complete mule crap, "there's no way a tiny colt can take on an ursa major, let alone an ursa minor."

"Well he wasn't a perfect fighter, he could take down an ursa minor but had a run for his money when it came to papa bear. Incognito is a good fighter, but he's just an earth pony, no flying, no magic, just his skills, intellect, and physical items. One guard reported saying they found kunai where Incognito was."

Big Mac continued the story, "the 'Shadow Colt' became very famous, but his fame led to his temporary disappearance. After what felt like months, his popularity vanished again, he could roam the night of Ponyville again, he still does it even today... unknown to anypony... until now that is."

"So... we're trying to rescue the pony that saved Ponyville from utter destruction?" asked Whooves to the two.

They both simply responded in unison, "eeyup".

"Did you know all this time he lived in the bunker?" asked Braeburn.

Redshot nodded, "he didn't live here alone all this time, he was surrounded by EIA agents that worked here. But..."

"But what...?" questioned Spike.

"He was always trying to distance himself from other ponies. His co-workers tried to reach out to him, myself included, but most of the time during the day he was either sleeping or eating. This is the first time he's ever worked with other ponies and he's been handling in it well for the most part. He's done so much for the ponies on Ponyville, we gave him nothing in return... it's time we return the favor."

Big Mac sat up in his bed, extending his hoof out to everypony's general direction. Redshot put his hoof in the center, Braeburn and Whooves did likewise topped with Spike's tiny claws. Eyes were exchanged, smiles ran across the guys' faces.


"Eeyup!"