• Published 12th Oct 2013
  • 5,941 Views, 92 Comments

A Beautiful Night - bakersong



When Luna is feeling sadden and alone after two months of being back, she goes to a spot that views the entire city of Canterlot, and the view is beautiful at night.

  • ...
12
 92
 5,941

Hearth's Warming Eve (Part 2)

After they all meet up at the town square they were greeted by Luna and Song who was waiting while looking at the decorations. Though they seemed much closer than what they have been since Song has gotten his memory back. But then they never really lost it in the first place.

"So Song, how did that spell work out?" Twilight asked after making sure Luna couldn't hear.

"You mean the teleportation spell? Oh that worked wonders to be honest." He said looking over at Luna with a dreamy stare.

"Hmm, sounds like somepony had a little bit of fun with that spell. You do know that I only taught you that spell to surprise her right?" Twilight asked.

"Oh she was definitely surprised alright." He said snapping back.

"I bet she was, so what did you get her?" She asked.

"I'm not telling, it's supposed to be a surprise." He replied.

"Okay, fine I understand." She said.

----

It was now Heaths Warming Day and everypony had gathered in the library in order to celebrate it. Soon Celestia and Feather arrived and everything started. But first they had to sit through Twilight explaining her schedule which when she mentioned they all gave a annoyed groan.

"...and that's the end." Twilight finally said. "Now if we want to eat on time then we should get started on the present opening."

"Fine by me." Rainbow said.

"Eh, you already gave me a decent present last night." Quick Shot smirked.

"Shut up, that wasn't your present." Rainbow shot back.

"Hey where did Onyx and Song go?" Fluttershy asked.

---

"So why are you out here?" Song asked.

"Even though i'm her coltfriend there's only so much listening to her making a list, and then checking it twice, and having to hear her explain it the next few hours. Not that I don't mind, but I sometimes sneak away to get my head clear." Onyx replied.

"Is that a phone booth? I thought they only had those in Manehatten, and I've never seen that kind of model before." Song said as his attention was drawn to something standing on a corner.

"Huh, that's new. Let's go check it out." Onyx suggested walking towards it.

"Alright, hopefully it doesn't come to life or anything. I've had that happen to me when those things were invented, some moron put an enchantment on it and tried to eat me." Song said shivering a little.

"I thought you never left Canterlot?" Onyx asked.

"I did once, and that once almost ended me right there and then if it wasn't for Celestia coming by." Song said.

"Ah, sounds interesting." Onyx said and looked at the booth right in front of them. "Wonder how do we open it, seems to be locked."

"Maybe it belongs to somepony, don't you think we should get back? I mean Luna will probably be wondering where I am by now, and i'm sure Twilight has also noticed our disappearance by now." Song said.

"Yeah, you're probably right." Onyx said but then all of a sudden was thrown into the booth after being pushed from behind. "Hey why did you do that?"

"I got pushed into you, but who are you and wow." Song said looking around after standing up, right besides him was an earth pony with and hour glass as his cutie mark.

"I'm the Doctor, there's no time I need a little help." The Doctor said closing the door and walking up to the many panels.

"Wow, indeed. What is this place?" Onyx asked.

"It's my Tardis, a time traveling machine. But please be careful while exploring, she is infinite after all." The Doctor said.

"Wait what are you doing?" Song asked a little concerned upon hearing the explanation

"Well as I said I need some help with something in the past. Now let's go." The Doctor said after pressing a button.

---

"Oh there you two are!" Twilight said as Song and Onyx came walking through the door. "Where did you two go?"

"Um, got some fresh air. We rather not explain what just happened." Onyx said.

"Okay then, time for presents!" Pinkie said going over to the tree.

They all sat down in a little circle and started to chit chat as the presents were being passed out. The first round came from Celestia and Feather. It was the same thing, a group photo of them after Cadence's wedding. They all had big smiles, though Rarity was peeved that Onyx ruined his tux.

"Okay, I think i'll give you my gift now Twilight." Onyx said getting said gift out from the tree.

"Oo, I wonder what it is!" Twilight said, and she started to unwrap it, and inside a box was a ring. "W-what?"

"Um, uh, it's an engagement ring." Onyx said as he blushed.

"Is he asking what I think he's asking?" Rarity asked, all their eyes where on them.

"Y-yeah, I am. Twilight Sparkle, my starred princess, as Celestia as my witness...' Pinkie giggled at that phrase. "...would you, um, marry me?"

"I-I..." Twilight looked around the room in a daze and then back at the expecting and hope filled eyes of Onyx. "YES!" There was no time to react as she jumped on him planting kisses on his lips while saying yes in between.

"Alright you two save that for the bedroom!" Rainbow called out.

"Oh, um, uh right." Twilight and Onyx both blushed as she got off of him. "But yes I do want to marry you." She said snuggling closer to him. "And since you gave me your gift I think it's time for mine, though I doubt it'll top that."

"I doubt it, anything you give me from now on will be the greatest thing." Onyx said nuzzling her as she levitated his gift over, and Onyx opened it and then once he saw what was inside he blushed and put the lid back on the box.

"Well what is it?" Applejack asked.

"Um, something for my trip to Manehatten after today." He answered.

"Come on let us see." Rainbow said and then swooped down and grabbed the box.

"Rainbow Dash what's inside is personal, give it back!" Twilight yelled trying to capture the pegusas but failing miserably as she blushed more ferociously.

"If it's that personal then why give it when we're all here? AJ, catch." Rainbow called as she tossed the box over the orange mare.

"I got it, here ya go Twi." Applejack said after capturing it and giving it back.

"T-thanks, and here this time keep a tighter grip on it?" Twilight asked with pleading eyes.

"Yeah, I will." Onyx said.

"Woah, Twilight you look good." Rainbow said as she held what looked like pictures, and both Onyx and Twilight mouths hung wide open their faces completely red. "I can see why you didn't want us to see these, so why didn't you give them to him before he left?"

"Oh, oh let me see!" Pinkie exclaimed trying to make a grab at the photos.

"No can do Pinkie, i'm just gonna keep this information to myself for later." Rainbow winked at Onyx and Twilight and then put the pictures back into the box that was being held by Onyx's magic.

"No far!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"So who wants to go next?" Celestia had an amused smile on her face as did Feather, Celestia seemingly to be rubbing off on her.

"I think I want to give Luna my present to her." Song said and then making a small box appear in front of her.

"What's this?" Luna asked looking at a familiar box her eyes wide.

"I believe before my leaving I asked a certain question that you said yes to." Song smiled. "And after all of this I was wondering if it's still a yes?" Luna looked at him her eyes tearing at the memory.

"Of course it's still yes." She leaned in for a much softer kiss than Twilight had did.

"Wow, everypony is getting married or engaged. Especially today!" Pinkie then gasp real loud. "It must be holiday magic!"

"Well actually Song and Luna actually got engaged before his sudden absence, and I think he's just returning something that belongs to her after she gave it to hold onto when he came back." Celestia said. "And i'm glad that he remembered that, because I know Luna would not have brought it up. I'm also glad that wedding is back on."

"Thank you Tia. So I guess it's my turn to give you your gift isn't it?" Luna asked looking at him.

"Not if you don't want to right now." Song replied.

"No, this gift I think will mean a lot to you. Though it's a gift that could not be wrapped." Luna said with a small smile.

"What do you mean you couldn't wrap it? Was it to big to wrap?" Pinkie was cut off by a purple magic bubble around her head.

"No, it isn't that big. At least not yet." Luna replied with the same smile.

"What are you talking about?" Song asked a little confused, and then Luna guided his hoof over to her stomach. Her eyes said everything as did her actions and he just looked at her in surprise. "Y-you mean that..."

"Yes, you are going to be a father." Luna said, and as she said that his eyes welled up and tears were streaming down his face.

"Oh, my what's wrong?" Fluttershy asked.

"I-I'm g-going to be a dad..." He muttered in shock and a big smile came across his face. "I'm going to be a dad!"

"Congratulations, welcome to the path of parent hood. Just like me and Celesti are." Feather scooted over more and started to rub her stomach while she leaned into Celestia.

"Yes, Lulu i'm glad you'll be getting your own foal soon." Celestia smiled at her sister.

"Wow, just wow. Everypony is getting married and having foals. That only leaves out of the engaged couples out a little, so when you two gonna have a foal?" Applejack asked looking at Twilight and Onyx.

"Um, uh, we haven't discussed it." Twilight answered. "Well we have, but with Onyx condition it'll be hard."

"Yes, but he has been taking that potion to suppress the condition right?" Celestia asked.

"Yeah I have." Onyx answered.

"Then you have nothing to worry about, just wait until you've completely suppress it and the condition won't spread to your foal if he or she is a unicorn." Celestia replied.

"Really?" Twilight and Onyx asked simultaneous.

"Yes, after all it was Starswirl who found that potion. So it'll prevent the condition from going past the generation who took the potion allowing them to live a normal life." Celestia answered with a smile.

"So when can we expect you two to have one then?" Rainbow asked.

"We don't know." Again they both said.

"Well I think this is enough excitement, let's go on with opening the remaining presents." Feather suggested, and they all agreed.

For the rest of the day the couples kept close to each other not moving away from each other by much. Though the ones that weren't engaged though couldn't help but laugh a little at them. But they did wish them the best and have happy times together.

"Man it's like they completely forgot about me." Quick Shot said.

"Oh shush now, or else that won't be me and you in the future." Rainbow said pointing to the engaged couples.

"Okay, and hey thanks for the new bow. How did you know I wanted this?" Quick Shot asked.

"You talk in your sleep." Rainbow answered.

"Oh, well thanks." He said giving her a light peck on the nose.

"Ah, no problem. But I should really thank you for the autograph picture of Spitfire." Rainbow said.

"No big deal, me and her go way back. In matter of fact I knew her when we were just foals, that's how I actually got my cutie mark you know? One day she just took off while I was aiming up for a shot with my bow on a hundred yard target, and when she did it caught the arrow on fire. I freaked out at first, but then I let it rip and the entire arrow seemed to catch on fire and struck right in the middle of the target still smoking." Quick Shot said.

"Really that's so awesome!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"Oh hey you two!" Pinkie bounced over wearing a shirt she had gotten herself.

None of them knew what kind of shirt it was, or even who made it. But it did look pretty cool they all had to admit, even Rarity said that it had it's own charm. The shirt had a design on it with what looked like her's and her best five friends of all time cutie marks on it. Then above the design it read 'Brony Forever' and on the bottom it read 'So Whose Best Pony?'.

"What is a brony anyway?" Quick Shot blurted out.

"It's a thingy that you won't understand." Pinkie giggled at his confuse look and bounced off.

"She is very weird." Quick Shot said.

"Yeah, you have no idea. She has like a dozen of those, and these tiny plastic toys that look like us." Rainbow said.

"Really? Where does she get them?" He asked.

"No pony knows. But let's not try to think about it and move on, have a fun time." She said.

"Okay, i'm with ya." Quick Shot said.

"Oh wait, I forgot about what Cadence sent us Onyx!" Twilight called.

"That's right." Onyx answered. "Here i'll get it."

"Okay." She replied and all of her friends looked at her. "Oh, Cadence sent me and Onyx a gift for today.I forgot about it."

"I got it Twilight." Onyx said walking with a box besides him.

"Okay well let's open it." She said.

When they did they saw a movie reel on the inside, they all thought it might have been Cadence and Shining giving their wishes for the holiday. So they all sat together as Twilight put the reel in so her and her friends could watch it. But then it started playing, and Onyx and Twilight were frozen at what they saw.

Author's Note:

Well there you have it. And what a twist? Onyx and Twilight got engaged, Luna and Song got reengaged, and speaking of Luna she's pregnant! Man the timing that these proposes and everything is strange ain't it? Oh and wonder what Onyx and Song did with the Doctor go check out A Great And Powerful Feeling