• Published 12th Oct 2013
  • 5,941 Views, 92 Comments

A Beautiful Night - bakersong



When Luna is feeling sadden and alone after two months of being back, she goes to a spot that views the entire city of Canterlot, and the view is beautiful at night.

  • ...
12
 92
 5,941

A Night Of Regret

He was heading towards the border into Changeling territory, but he knew that it was still a few hundred more miles away. So it would still take him days to reach the borders, and that's not including the Royal Guards he kept running into trying to stop him from going any further. The poor guards didn't really have a chance to counter his spells as he either stunned them or put them to sleep.

"Why did Celestia ever change the armor design for her guards, this armor that they wear does nothing to protect them against spells." He muttered as he walked pass two more sleeping guards.

Though he did regret having to do this, mostly because he knew it could have been avoided if he would just go back. But thinking about that made him regret his decision even more as he knew that if he didn't get to the Changeling nation, and stop the Mother as they call it, before Luna get's there then he knew it would put both her and their baby in danger. It would actually put all three of them in danger if Luna was caught.

"Mmm, yes if we catch her we will most definitely use her against you." He jumped at the sudden voice from behind him, and he lit up his horn with another sleep spell and firing it. "Now, now you know that won't have any effect on an astral projection."

"It's you, what do you want? I'm already following the signal that you're putting into my head." He snapped looking at the one who he would have to fight. "And how can you show yourself now?"

"Oh, it's really a simple spell to use. All you had to do was be in range for me to use it on you, and as for why I'm showing myself now is because I want to make a deal with you." The Mother replied.

"And why would I make another deal with the pony who brought me so much despair and sadness?" He asked.

"Because this isn't like the other deal at all. This deal will not only allow you to keep your life, but also can guaranteed that your little lover and the unborn child she carries will also be safe. And just to sweeten the deal, you can keep the power that I stored in you." The Mother answered.

"Yeah, and have you torture me mentally for the rest of my life. But just to humor you, why would you offer me such a deal when I thought you wanted your power back, and also wanted to posses my child before it was born?" He asked.

"That may be true before, but you see times have changed. Though don't get me wrong, I would love to get my revenge on you and that night princess, but you see I have discovered a good way to not only get my revenge but also get my power back without actually taking it from you." The Mother replied with an evil smile. "Now before you ask let me just tell you, I do need to posses an infant that hasn't been born. But that alone won't let me reclaim all my power in which I would have taken from you before, but you see that's were my revenge comes into play as well. I still need you, but in a much more different way."

"And what way is that?" He asked an uneasiness coming on in his gut.

"As you can see I made some drastic altercations to this former stallions body, namely giving his body a mare's reproductive organs." The Mother answered moving forward a bit, and even though he knew it wasn't actually her he took a step back. "You see all I need now is to get this body pregnant, I then can posses the foal that will be growing inside of it. Are you seeing where I'm going with this?"

"Yes I do see where you're going with it, and I have to say that..." He was cut off by her speaking up again.

"Listen Song, before you answer let me remind you that not only will your life be spared but also the one that you love and the child she carries. Though I do feel bad that if you decide to take me up on this offer your relationship with her would most likely be over." The Mother put on a smirk.

"What if I just turn back and not continue?" He asked.

"Then like you said I would torture you mentally until you have no sanity left and I would force you to me and then kill you. But then again since Luna is also flying my way, I could just trap her and torture you like that." Again she had another smirk. "So you decide, you can either accept my offer and give me a foal of my own to posses and both you and your lover will be able to live, say no and still find me to which I would take my power back killing you and posses your unborn foal, or last go back home and hope you run into your beloved so you can take her back and I would torture you mentally for all eternity."

"You know that you wouldn't be able to torture me for all eternity, that body of your's now only has to die thus getting rid of you. And as for Luna, I can look for her and stop her before she get's captured, or if she could be captured." He snapped back.

"Oh, so true if I couldn't go from body to body when the one I'm in is about to die. As for Luna, even a powerful Alicorn like her has her limits and she would be to distracted trying to protect the foal inside of her." The Mother replied. "Though go ahead and find her and take her back home, like I said I would torture you until your mind shatters, it's your choice. But if you want to look for her, I suggest you best start in Gouge City, I believe that's where she was headed last I heard."

"Well, thanks for the bit of help but I have to tell you that even if you did make the alterations I don't swing that way and I'm faithful to the one I love." He said walking away.

"Fine, have it your way. I just hope that your plan of convincing her to go back without you goes well." Was the last thing The Mother said before her image disappeared.

Later he set up a camp when he knew that he wasn't being spied on or followed by guards. As he sat by the little fire that he had made he couldn't help but think about what the creature had told him. Though he would never actually accept that deal, just knowing that he could have ended his suffering without worrying about the safety of Luna and their child anymore. Despite it ending their relationship he knew it could have been a good way to end this without the one he loved getting hurt to badly.

But he knew that if he had accepted he would have done more emotional damage than being physically tortured would cause to a certain extent. He knew that if accepted his heart would have been weakened, and if Luna found out not only would it break her heart and successfully end what they had it would most likely send him into a deep depression. Even if it did save them the trouble of dealing with the creature again they would still be destroyed, and putting up with mental torture would be better than to end things with the only pony he ever truly loved.

"Gorge City huh? That's at least two hundred and fifty miles if I'm correct, I just pray that bug didn't lie and isn't leading me into a trap." He mumbled to himself.

---

"As I figured, he is going after the princess. Chances are they'll be here in about two weeks if nothing goes wrong." The Mother said.

"So are you still going to use him like how you said?" Chrysalis asked.

"Of course my dear great granddaughter, though I could just kill him and take my power back this way is so much more enjoyable. Like he was thinking it would destroy them both emotionally knowing what he did, even if it was to save them." The Mother answered.

"But after that are you going to let them go?" Chrysalis asked.

"I gave him his chance to choose it of his own free will, and that was the only way I would have let them go. But who knows, he may still come around of his own free will and if that happens then maybe I'll let them go." The Mother replied.

"Well, I was hoping we could keep them and make that Luna have her foal here. Even if they lose the love for each other, the love that they will have for that foal will be enough to feed us for years to come." Chrysalis said licking her lips.

"Speaking of foals, how far along are you now?" The Mother asked.

"A-a few months, I say at least two or three." Chrysalis answered nervously.

"And tell me why don't you let your citizens eat off the love that I know you will have for that foal?" The Mother asked.

"B-because I-I'm not going to keep it." Chrysalis answered hanging her head in shame.

"And why is that?" The Mother asked in an already knowing tone.

"I-it's a half Changeling and half Unicorn. I-I rather not put it through the suffering of living here and starving, so I'm going to send it to live with it's father." Chrysalis replied.

"Exactly, I may use other ponies and I may practice in dark magic but I'm not a complete heartless monster. If she has the foal here then I will send it back to Equestria to Celestia." The Mother replied.

"A-as you say great Mother." Chrysalis said bowing her head and walking out of the room.

"That incompetent little hussy, I'm not a monster especially when it comes to foals. I know I will regret threatening Song's foal to make him do what I want even if I do win." The Mother said a single tear rolling down her cheek as she looked into a crystal ball and saw the Alicron Princess of the night flying to Gorge City. "I really do hope he does convinces you to turn back, that's why I thought of this plan in the first place."

Author's Note:

Yay, finally another chapter! And what's this? A little character development for the creature? Hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and remember to smile, smile, smile!