• Published 12th Oct 2013
  • 5,941 Views, 92 Comments

A Beautiful Night - bakersong



When Luna is feeling sadden and alone after two months of being back, she goes to a spot that views the entire city of Canterlot, and the view is beautiful at night.

  • ...
12
 92
 5,941

The Perfect Night

She was laying in her bed thinking about all that happened over the past week. Her and Song had their first real argument, she blamed herself because it was her fault. For she had almost broken the promise she had made to him when she went into his dream, but the way he reacted when she told him that she wanted to take action was one that scared her.

When she thought about it the more she knew he was right, going into the cave would only end in disaster. For he pointed out that the creature may not eat the magic that it takes, but stores it. Which means that if it was true the creature had far greater magic than her own, though she did think about asking Twilight and her friends to help. But the fate of Equesttia or the world was at stake. Then there was a soft knock at her door.

"Who is it?" She called.

"it's me, can i come in?" His voice came from the other side.

"You may." Though she was now very nervous.

"So, how are you?" He asked nervously.

"I'm just fine, thank you for asking." She said in a slight nervous and harsh tone, which made him become more nervous.

"Well that's good, but Luna listen i-i-i just wanted to say that i'm sorry for yelling at you. But you have to understand that i just want to protect you because i really do love you. I even brought you some of your favorite chocolate and some roses." He said levitating a large box of the chocolate and a large bouquet of sweet smelling roses.

She took them from him and inspected them, the chocolate's looked delicious and the flowers smelled so sweet. He stood there awkwardly staring at her, which made her blush a little for he hadn't given that stare to her in awhile. But she enjoyed watching him squirm for a bit, before she got up and forcing herself to walk slowly.

"Hmmm, i'm not sure if i accept your apology just yet, and i know your not the type of pony to just have one plan." She looked him over and could see that his nerves were starting to really increase.

"Well i do have something, but i was planning to tell you about it if you accepted my apology. But i guess if it helps you to forgive me for being such a jerk, i was planning on asking you if you wanted to go to the spa with me?" This took her back for a moment. "Now listen I've already made reservations and talked to the ponies in charge, but if you don't want to go i understand. If you don't then i can cancel, but listen i did sign us up for the deluxe couples package, and i know you have tomorrow off and i know you once said you would like to go to a sp...." He was cut short by lips pressing against his.

"Of course i forgive you, for i'm the one whose to blame for what happened. I know you only want to protect me, otherwise you wouldn't be my knight in a pink robe." She said after breaking the kiss. "But i must ask, what does this deluxe couples package contain?"

"Well from what they told me the first thing is aroma therapy, they said that it was a necessary step for the special massage after. Apparently some of the candles that they have you inhale are enchanted to were it would connect our bodies, and when they give us a massage, well let's say your getting a massage it will feel like i'm also getting one, even if no pony is touching me. They say that the massage if the ponies were different types, you like unicorn and pegasus, or earth pony and unicorn. For they give a little bit of a different massage to each type, and since the other can feel it they can also learn how it feels to have a horn or wings." She stopped him again by giving him a small kiss.

"Yes i understand how it works, now what else do we get to do?" She asked smiling at his blushing, which if you haven't spent much time with him you might not be able to tell.

"Right, it also includes time in a private hot tub, and the last thing is a candle lit dinner out on a private balcony. And i already told them the champagne and song we want to listen to, if that's okay?" She just nodded, for she knew what he was talking about. "So does that sound good to you?"

"Yes, i would love to spend all day tomorrow with you. But i have to admit my room has been feeling empty since our argument, so i was hoping that you stay with me tonight?" Her voice came out a barely audible squeak, though she didn't know why because they've been in the same room while sleeping together. In matter of fact they even stated to sleep in the same bed.

"Sure i'll take the couch then." He said with a smile, but when he looked at her he realized that she meant she wanted him to sleep in her bed with her. His smile faltered a little momentary replace with shock which didn't last long as he returned his smile. "Are you sure? I mean this will be the first time me and you slept together in the palace."

"I know but over the past week I've really missed you, and i want you to sleep in my bed. For i like being cuddled next to you, your just so warm and strong. I think i feel safer when you do sleep next to me." She looked away and blushed. then she felt a gentle hoof on her chin turning her head back towards him. Then a soft passionate kiss fell on her lips.

"I would love to have the honor of sleeping next to my princess in her own bed. As i cannot lie right now, i missed you that much as well. For when i see you sleeping next to me it makes me feel like i have more to life than just guarding a cave. Like i tell you, i really do love you and would protect you no matter what." He said with a soft. kind, and passionate voice.

The next mourning when the first rays of sunlight hit her eyes, she slowly woke. When she opened her eyes she saw that he was still sleeping, they were still wrapped up in a cuddle legs intertwined. She had no choice but to watch him peacefully, which she preferred watching him sleep when he was at full health, and she now knew why he liked to watch her sleep. As she leaned in to give him a small peck to wake him, her sister busted in the room without so much of a knock.

"Hey Luna i was just coming to check up on you...." Her sister looked at the couple, he was now wide awake. "Oh, i see you two worked things out, and though i think some candy and flowers would have done well enough for an apology. But i guess this works as well." The two were still to stunned to speak, and both were blushing hard.

"W-w-we didn't do anything. All we were doing was cuddling." Her voice came out a squeak.

"Whatever you say love birds, just hope you used protection." Her sister laughed as Song tried to form words but was to shocked to let out sound.

"Seriously all we were doing was cuddling, we mad up last night yes. But all we did was kiss and cuddled up to each other." He managed to get out, which just made her sister bust out laughing.

"Well whatever you did last night is your own business, i'm just happy to see you made up. So do you two have plans?" Her sister asked.

"Yes we do. My prince is taking me to the spa." She answered and saw that her sister raised an eyebrow at it.

"Oh, if memory serves this will be your first time going isn't it?" She just nodded in response. "So what is he treating you to?"

"He says that he got us the deluxe couples package." She answered, and she automatically knew that her sister already knew what that was.

"that sounds wonderful, well i better let you to get back to cuddling again." Her sister winked at them, and then gave a chuckle from their expressions. Then she finally left.

"Is it that late already, our reservation is an two hours." He said looking at the clock. "We better start to get ready."

"But we don't need that much time, so can't we stay in bed for another hour?" She said in a sad tone.

"I would, but some of us can't fly anymore." He told her and leaned in to kiss her.

"Right." She let out a sad sigh, she really did like it when they cuddled like that for she really did feel protected.

They quickly got ready, which all either of them had to do was fix up their mane and tail. He put on his saddle bag which was filled with bits. When she asked about it as they started to walk, he just told her that the managers told him to wait to pay until they got there.

"So are you sure your not mad at me for trying to go into the cave?" She asked.

"No, i could never stay mad at my princess. And besides i did mean that i did miss sleeping in your room with you." He answered with a large smile. "Here we are, the best spa in Canterlot. The Canterlot Sunny Spa Resort." She looked up at a tall and beautiful building.

"Oh, i'm just so excited. I've always wanted to get a massage, and i even get to share how good it feels with you." She said almost squealing.

"Man, your extra squeaky today." He gave a small chuckle.

"Hey like i said, i'm just excited. I mean we also made up after our first real argument, so that made me happy." She said. "So hurry up and come on!" Calling out as she ran towards the door.

When she did she noticed that a blue glow was around the handle, she looked at Song who was just smiling. He then opened the door for her to enter.Once inside she noticed that the lobby was empty except a mare at the front desk. Though she seemed to have not notice them entering.

"Ahem, i have a reservation under Song." He said in a well calmed manner, this got the mare to look up and her eyes widen in surprise seeing her.

"Oh yes Mr. Song we've been expecting you and your date, let me go tell my manager that your here. She would love to give you a tour herself." With that the mare went to the back where a door was.

"You don't think the spa is empty because you told them about us do you?" She turned to ask him.

"Sadly i do think that's the case, but try not to worry that just means we get the place to ourselves." He answered with a teasing wink.

"Sorry to keep you two waiting." A new voice that came from behind them. When they looked they saw a gorgeous blonde mare, thank goodness that Song only has eyes for her, was Luna's first thought. "You must be Mr. Song, and of course the princess of the night herself Princess Luna." The blonde mare bowed.

"No need for formality's, i'm here to relax just like everypony else. Which by the way, this place isn't empty because of me is it?" Her curiosity got a hold of her for a second.

"Oh no, the reason why the lobbies empty is because it's a bit of a slow day today. That and most of the other guess are already being taken care of. So sorry if we gave you that impression. But please follow me and we'll get started on your treatment, now if i remember correctly that you wanted the deluxe couple's packaged right?" The blonde mare asked.

"Yes, that's correct." He answered with a bit of unease.

"Okay then, like i told you when you made the reservation the first thing we'll do is give you two a special form of aroma therapy. And as i explained that this aroma therapy is enchanted to connect you physically so you two can feel what physical contact that the other has." The blonde mare explained again.

"What's your name, i don't think you actually told us." She asked.

"Oh, i'm terribly sorry. I'm Sauna Massage. Now as for your payment, well i would like to have it on the house but like i said business is a bit slow." Sauna said as she looked around the room.

"That's fine, i wouldn't have felt right if i hadn't payed anyway." As he said that he undid his saddle bag and took out all the bits. "Here this should cover everything, including tips."

"Thank you, this is so generous." Sauna said as she took the bags of bits and placed them behind the counter, and then rang the bell.

"Miss. Wrap do you mind counting the bits, and divide the tips equally." As she said that the pony that had greeted them came out of the back room.

"Sure thing Sauna." As the pony said that she started to grab the bags and carry them one by one into the back.

"Okay, now let's get you two to your treatment." Sauna turned back around to them with a smile.

After taking some corridors they came upon an elevator and rode it up to the twenty seventh floor. The manager told them about some of the other packages that they offered just in case one of them decided to come back. When they came across a certain room they stopped.

"This is your stop, now i'll be back after an hour. That's when the effects from the aroma will start, give or take. It depends on the ponies. Now once i leave you two, if you decide to get busy while your in there make it fast." That made both of the couples eyes go wide and mouths hung agape. The manager just laugh a little. "Don't worry i'm just teasing." With that the blonde mare walked away.

They went in the room soon after making sure the door was shut tight. When they looked around they saw many candles around the room, and the aroma wasn't that overpowering. What caught their attention was a mattress in the middle of the room.

"Well, at least we have a place to sit." He said, though the only light source were the scattered candles she knew that he was blushing.

"Yup." She went over and sat down and patted her hoof next to her.

"So, anything interesting happen while we calmed down?" He asked nervously.

"Oh yeah, one of the guards heard about it and started to flirt with me." She gave him a sly smile, his expression went from shock to anger with jealousy.

"Who was it?" Jealousy ringed in his voice.

"Oh, just a pony i made up to see how you would react." She looked at him and gave a small chuckle.

"Fine i was going to lie and say nothing in particular happened, but i did get a couple of flirts from some of the work staff. And i'm being serious." He was now looking at her changing the same expressions.

"Your not gonna tell me who they are, are you?" She asked the jealousy was obvious.

"Nope, because i let them down easy by telling them i still have a very special somepony." He gave her a smile and leaned in and kissed her.

Though they've only been in there for about ten minutes they could already feel the candle working. As they kissed it was defiantly different then what either one of them were used to. The sensation felt amazing, the kiss switched from a simple quick kiss, to one more filled with passion.

"No, we can't do that here." He pulled away as he said it.

"I know, but it felt amazing. Do you think we could at least finish cuddling?" She asked giving him her best puppy dog eyes.

"Hey you read my mind, wonder if that's an effect of the candles as well or an effect from something else?" He winked at her as he said it.

For the next forty minutes they laid on the mattress with their legs intertwined and staring into each other's eyes. Even though no words were not spoken none did, as time flew by. When he leaned in to give her a small kiss on the forehead they heard a knock on the door.

"I'm sorry about this, but time's up. It's time for your massage." The manager called. They didn't want to get up but they knew they had to.

"Alright, we're ready." They said in unison when they came out.

"Well even though it seems you didn't do what i expected, judging by how your manes are still in good shape, it still looks like you two had a good time in there." The manager looked between them and smiled as they looked even more lovingly into each others eyes. "Hello, do you want to go to your massage?"

"Oh, oh yeah." Luna said breaking the eye contact.

They walked a little ways before coming to another door with a gold heart on it. When the manager opened the door they took everything in. There was two massage tables side by side, and they were surrounded by rose petals in the shape of a heart. There were two candles like the ones in the aroma room, most likely to prolong the affects of the candles, and there were two masseuses one by each table.

"Hello, we'll be giving you your massage today. I'm Flow and this is my sister Massa. We're so happy to be at your service." A light green who said her name was Flow said in a happy tone.

"Yes, now if you would mind come and lay down and we'll get the massage started." Massa said, though she kept her happiness a little under wraps.

As they laid down they accidentally rubbed up against each other, and once again that weird sensation from the candles came up and made both of them shiver. They looked at each other and smiled, knowing they were having the same thought. Today and tonight was going to be interesting.

"Now just relax, good. Are you ready sis?" Flow asked.

"Sure, why not. It's not everyday you get to massage a princess and her coltfriend." The two sisters shared a giggle then began the massage, completely synchronized.

They both let out a moan of pleasure as there stress melted, and the new sensation made the massage go onto a whole different level. Though the most pleasure that they shared was when Massa started to massage Luna's wings, the very first touch was in a sensitive spot that all pegasus have. When she felt this she had let out a greater moan from the pleasure, though she did not notice that Song had also felt the sensation as if he had wings.

When the massage was done both ponies had trouble standing, their legs felt like jelly. The masseuses told them to lay down for a minute so they could regain some control over their legs. They didn't put up a fight, they were afraid that they trip over each other.

"Well from what the girls tell me you two became so relaxed that you could barely walk. Don't worry with that massage it happens all the time. And by the expressions on your faces during the massage, i say that you two must really love each other if the candles had that much affect on you only after an hour." The manager smiled at them. "Okay, time for the hot tub, do you think you two can walk now?"

"Yeah i think we can." He answered slowly getting up testing it by only putting one hoof at a time down. "Okay, here let me help you down."

"Thank you." Luna said as she took his out reached hoof.

The hot tub felt amazing for it didn't matter if their legs were jelly or not, the jet streams in the tub gently massaged every muscle. It wasn't like the other massage, as it turns out the hot tub helps gets rid of the enchantment that the candles put on them. But it still felt nice to relax while knowing they wouldn't go limp as a noodle.

"Hey Luna, do you remember that ring on my fireplace mantle? The one with the small Night Gem in it?" She looked at him for a moment confuse.

"Oh yeah i remember now. The one you said you tell me about later and never did." She looked at him accusingly.

"Well you wanna hear about it now?" He asked, and she just nodded her head in excitement. "Well basically my great grandpa had found that night gem by accident. When he looked at it he saw how beautiful it was, and how the dot shined like a star. So he had made it into a ring and proposed to my great grandma. It's been handed down to the next colt in the family since, and well since i don't have any kids i kept it." He said while smiling.

"So, it's an engagement ring then?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I guess you could say that, but the reason why i wanted to tell you that story was because as you pointed out i never did tell you." He came closer to her gave a small kiss on the cheek.

"Well that does sound romantic, it's kinda of like how you gave me this necklace." She pointed down to her to her bare neck. "Oh right, had to take it off before the massage. But you know what i mean." He just gave a nod and chuckle.

"Alright, diner time." The manager opened the door and found that they were very much interested in each other's lips. "Oh, sorry to disturb you but i think eating actual food and not each other's faces might be healthier." She let out a small laugh.

The two of them climbed out of the tub and followed in embarrassment behind the manager. But they walked very close together, she wrapped her wing around since he could not bringing him even closer to her. She hadn't realize until they had their fight how much his presence seemed to help her somehow, and this spa trip had reinforced those feelings, she did not want to lose him. But she knew she had to let him go eventually, just like everypony has to let go of a loved one.

"Here's your table." The blonde pony opened some sliding doors. "As you can see we've already put your champagne out, and as you can hear we've got your favorite song playing. So i'll be back to take your order, and if i may suggest you should get the couples plate."

"Oh, and what's on it?" Luna asked.

"To tell you the truth, it's just spaghetti with some of our special sauce, but what makes it a couples plate is just that, you two would have to share the plate." The manager gave them a smile.

"Yeah that sounds great." Song answered, though his attention wasn't on what the blonde pony said. It was on her as he swayed a little to the music.

"Alright then, the couples plate it is then. Have fun you two." Sauna said as she walked back in.

"So you wanna dance?" He asked now that they were alone.

"Sure, we might as well." She smiled at him, and then he grabs her and they start to slowly move around with the music like how they did before.

When their food arrived they were thankful, because their legs needed a rest. They poured themselves a glass of champagne and ate quietly while looking at the rising moon, which Luna was doing a good job at multitasking eating and raising it. But when they were both distracted they hadn't noticed that they were eating the same noodle, and their noses met. They both blushed, and both sucked the last part of the noodle in and kissed.

"I didn't think that romantic cleshay actually worked." He said with a smile.

"Neither did i." She respond, but she started to laugh and so did he.

"Hey, you remember to meet me at our spot?" He looked at her.

"Of course, but why do you want to meet there?" She asked. "And why don't you want me to walk with you?"

"Well it's a surprise, and if you come with me then you'll ruin it." He simply answered.

"Alright, fine." She pouted.

"You look so cute when you pout like that." He leaned over the table and gave her a kiss on the nose, and made her giggle a little. "So meet me there okay?" She nodded.

They walked out of the spa together, after thanking the manager for her hospitality. When it came to separate she gave him a kiss and told him to be careful, and took off flying towards their spot. As he watched her fly only one thought remained, though he just thought about it as he began to walk there.

"I have to get it before i go meet her." He reminded himself.

About thirty minutes later he was at his house looking for what he was looking for. He cursed himself, and asked where had he put that darn box. Maybe if i quit worrying about it the darn thing might show up, he thought to himself right before he tripped over it.

"Well there you are, I've been looking for ya. I don't want to lose something as valuable as you, and i especially don't want to lose something as valuable as her either." He said to himself, he exited his house and started to make his way up to their spot.

"There you are, I've been waiting here forever." She complained and had a little shiver from a cold breeze.

"Sorry i had to stop by my house to get a couple of things, and here's one of those things." He said tossing a blanket on her. "Your probably wanting to know why i wanted to meet you up here again right?"

"Yeah, i am wondering that." She looked at him curiously. "Is everything alright you seem more nervous than usual?"

"Well it depends on you." He answered giving her a very nervous smile, and she just looked at him even more curious. "Listen we've been going out for awhile now, like eight or nine months. Sorry lost track, but i know we just made up and all. But the week I've spent away from you made me realize how much you comfort me, how i feel like without you i feel empty like how i did before." He looked away in sad memories.

"Song, what are you trying to say." Her voice and expression not hiding the concern she had.

"What i think i'm trying to say is..." He took a deep breath.

"Come on you can always tell me, i am your princess after all right?" She asked fear creeping into her voice.

"Of course your my princess, nothing is gonna change that." He said giving her a hug.

"Then what are you trying to say then?" She asked still with her nerves and fear in her voice.

"Luna, i want you to be my princess forever." He used his magic to levitate a small box over in front of her and opened it.

"That's your family ring, the one you told me about...." Her face showed the shock as she put together the pieces, the ring was an engagement ring for his family. "Oh, Song a-a-are you asking what i think your asking?" He gave her a nod.

"Yes i'm asking you to marry me and be my princess forever." He said, his voice now had fear and nerves in it.

Author's Note:

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter, and i think you might know what's going to happen. And this story is starting to go in a direction i didn't even expect. Though i will say that a sad part is coming up, and i promise to try better with the pacing. As one of the last chapters i published felt to rushed. Again hoped you enjoyed.