• Published 12th Oct 2013
  • 5,941 Views, 92 Comments

A Beautiful Night - bakersong



When Luna is feeling sadden and alone after two months of being back, she goes to a spot that views the entire city of Canterlot, and the view is beautiful at night.

  • ...
12
 92
 5,941

A Good Night

She walked through the halls with a smile on her face for what she just did. Though she already knew those two had their first time together by the way they acted towards with each other. Most ponies wouldn't pick up on those hints she did, but then she wouldn't be known as the princess of love if she didn't.

"Oh there you are Cadence, how was your walk?" Shining asked when he saw her walking in.

"It was very fun, wanted to say hi to Twilight but she's a bit busy at the moment." She answered but he knew that look she was giving him.

"So what do you want to do now?" He asked with a smile.

"Like you have to ask." She answered before kissing him.

---

"Well that's hilarious! I actually tried to do my own recipe and failed at it, never would have thought that would happen." He said wiping a tear from his eye. "I didn't give anypony food poisoning did I?"

"Just the guard that decided to taste test it. She was in the hospital for two days, but don't worry she's fine now and back to her duty." She answered smiling.

"Well that's good to hear. So you mind if I ask you out on our first date?" He asked a slight blush on his cheeks.

"You know as well as I do that we had our first date already." She replied. "But sure i'm not doing anything tonight, how about you start preparing something for our first night back together."

"Alright as you wish princess." He said bowing making her roll her eyes. "But hey, i'm sorry for missing our one year anniversary."

"Shush now, that was not your fault. Now just keep your mind on making something for us, something that will wow me. After all I don't allow a pony to sleep in the same bed as me on the first date unless they impress me." She said with a teasing smile.

"If that's the way you want to play it, then I should start on our dinner." He said.

"Call me when it's done, and maybe i'll treat you to dessert." She said with a wink and started to walk off.

As she was she swooshed her tail to where it rubbed up against him making him shiver. The thought of what kind of dessert started to cloud his mind a little of certain thoughts. But those would have to be put off until he can wow her with his cooking skills again, though he may be a bit rusty.

So he went to the kitchen and started to search around for the ingredients he needed for a recipe that he had worked on before he died. Lucky for him that the royal kitchen had just about everything he needed, except one ingredient. Though he knew it was just a minor thing and could be replaced with another and what he was making would still be just as good.

Soon he was lost in song as he cooked as he normally did whenever he was in the zone. His voice rang loud and clear as he prepared everything and the world around him had no meaning nor did time. This made it hard to know when he was being watched with amazed eyes and as he finished putting what he was making into the over he heard clapping of hooves.

"That was absolutely amazing!" Feather said still clapping her hooves. "I haven't heard a voice like that since Celestia took me out to a karaoke bar."

"Is that supposed to be a compliment?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"Oh um, yeah sorry it is a compliment. I didn't mean that you're a bad singer, in fact you're one of the best I've heard. And how you seem to move around the kitchen while not even knowing it, or without paying attention. It was the best show I've seen." She answered.

"To tell you the truth if you remember, I've been in this very kitchen plenty of times. And thank you, before you ask i'm making dinner for me and Luna." He said with a bit of an embarrassed smile.

"Ah, so are you two alright? I mean I know that you two got back together after you came back, but then all of a sudden you got your memory back and have the power of the first Changeling Queen." She said.

"Yeah, yeah I think we'll be just fine. Though some things may have changed, our feelings for one another seemed to have remained the same. Hopefully stronger than what they were before. Oh and congratulations on the baby, I know it makes Celestia happy that she'll finally have a daughter or son of her own." He replied with that same kind smile that he gave her the first time they met.

"Thank you, and i'm happy as well. But do you really think Celesti will be happy with a foal?" She asked her doubt and nerves mixed with her now raging and off balanced hormones made her doubt that her lover would actually be happy about this.

"Yes Feather I do. I've known Celestia for two centuries and have gotten to know her well as a friend. One of the things she kept talking about was how much she wanted a foal of her very own but never seemed to find her special somepony. That is until you came along and stole her heart. Yes I will say that there were others but they would only be with her to be famous or something, but I know you two love each just as I do Luna. Shot she wanted a foal so bad that's why she started to take on personal students, she tries to be a second mother to them. Or a mother if they don't have one." He answered.

"So she sees Twilight as a daughter? That's cute, and thank you for telling me that." She said rubbing her stomach.

"It's no problem, though I may not have been around as long as the princess I still like to say I've gathered some wisdom in my years." He said though he sounded cheerful he could never hide the pain in his eyes.

"Right, how long the princesses have been around." She said to herself growing distant.

"I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, it won't be good for anypony. Especially for your own relationship." He said knowing what she was thinking.

"But she is immortal, and i'll grow old and die eventually. It's already breaking my heart just thinking that she will move on and find another love." She now had tears starting to form.

"Shhs, it's okay. I can't promise that she won't move on after that day, but just remember that she now will always have a piece of you with her. So she would never forget you I can promise you that." He said hugging her.

"T-thank you." She said through her sobs.

"No problem, now you go back to her. Try to tell her how you feel about this, she will be of much more help than I can ever be for you. After all you two are in love, and also engaged as well. Though from what I hear you asked her even before you knew you were pregnant, that's quite the timing." He said breaking the hug and telling her in a calm but joking tone.

"Yeah, I think i'll go do that. Thank you again." She said after a weak laugh.

"Just go, I have some things to finish and you have to go have a little talk." He said turning his attention back onto cooking.

"Okay, and thank you again." She said walking out of the door.

"I just hope Celestia already has a plain, but knowing her she's probably had a plan for this situation for years. I just hope me and Luna can get that closeness we once had back, and maybe we can also have our own foal or two." He said with a smile at the thought but that quickly turned into a frown. "But then how long will I even live anyways?"

Author's Note:

Hope you guys enjoyed.