• Published 1st Oct 2013
  • 2,272 Views, 65 Comments

Supernatural Pony Tales. - Alchemystudent



Equestria is a nice country, but deep within, there are monsters that lie beneath its calm exterior. This is where they come in, The Whinnychesters.

  • ...
5
 65
 2,272

It the great pumpkinhead Dean Whinnychester

The stallion sat back in his seat, waiting. There was an ominous feeling as he leaned back, watching the area outside his cabin. A deep throaty chuckle escaped his lips as he watched a young griffon running from out of the woods and towards the hut. The look of fear, exhaustion and dread gave the orange coated stallion a sick sense of pleasure.

“Please, help me!” the griffon turned and begged as the shadow loomed near.

“I am sorry, my boy, but I am all out fucks to give. Perhaps,” he smiled and licked his lips as the shadow broke through the wall and rammed its claws through the young griffon, “ in the next life.” He then relaxed back in his chair as the shadow continued to murder the griffon.

Supernatural Pony Tales: It’s The Great Pumpkinhead, Dean Whinnychester.

Carmine walked to the table where the boys sat, a plate of apple pie and apple burgers on her back, “ These guys take a while, but I heard that the food is worth it!”

Dean quickly took the apple pie in his hooves with a hungry shout of, “Gimmie!”

“You know,” Sam said, shaking his head at Dean’s food craving. “ All of this apple food kind of makes me miss Ponyville. I mean, this pie is good, but Applejack made one hell of an apple cobbler.”

“Yeah,” Dean said in between ravenous bites.”Maybe we should head back there one day.”

“Oh, I would love that!” Carmine exclaimed happily as she dug in. “I would love to see the foals and the-”

“Help me! Somepony!” a female griffon shouted as she burst into the restaurant. “ Please, it’s coming. AHHH!” she screamed, before backing away slowly.

“Airy, you’ve been drinking again. I told ya to stay away-” one of the stallions said, walking to her.

Angrily, she swiped her claws at him, “I am not drunk!” she glared from the messy crop of feathers in front of her head, “You don’t believe me, no one ever does. Fine... I’ll go and die by a monster’s claws. See ya,” she said, leaving the restaurant.

Sam and Dean looked at each other, then immediately stepped away from the table and walked out the door with Carmine following after paying. Once outside, Sam quickly caught up with the young griffon, “Wait, ma’am. I need to talk to you.”

“What’s the point, I am going to die by tonight, or at least one of my friends will. It’s invertible,” the griffon said without looking..

“No, no, you don’t understand. We’re here to help,” Sam said, walking in front of her with Dean soon following. “I’m agent French and this is agent Richards, we’re a part of the C.I.A,” the younger Whinnychester then brought out a badge for the griffonese to see.

“Pull the other one,” Airy said, turning away. “My pops was in the agency, and I know what a real badge looks like.”

“Damn, they’re getting smarter,” Dean said, putting away his fake badge.

“All right, we are not really them, but we are here to help you,” Sam said, looking into the Griffon’s eyes with a soft and kind look. “Please, miss, you have to believe us. We have experience with monsters.”

At first, she was tempted to tell him off, but there was something in Sam’s eyes that told her to trust the brown haired stallion. With a sigh, she nodded, “All right, I trust you. My place isn’t far from here.”


A few minutes later, they were in Airy’s house and sitting on her couch, “I should probably start with the beginning. It started a week ago, during the pumpkin harvest celebration. Me and a group of friends were all palling around, getting drunk off of cider when one of my friends showed this strange letter he got. It read, “you are the first to go, you will die when you walk by the forest.’ At first, we thought it was just a prank, you know how we griffons get, but then, after we left him at the woods, he disappeared. The next day,” a slight shudder escaped her lips as she held herself, “ he was found outs of the woods, dead with his body ripped to shreds. On one of the trees was another of my friends’ names, then the same thing happened to him. It has been going on like that for a week: We would find a body and then we see the name of the next victim. Just this morning, I got a letter and it was my name.”

“Why not stay away from the woods?” Dean looked on, questionly.

“We tried, but whatever’s hunting us... always finds a way to lure us to the woods. We’ve tried running, hiding, and staying in the air, but nothing helps,” Airy said with a sad sigh, shaking her head.

Dean and Sam looked to one another and then back to the griffonness. After nodding in a secret understanding that only the two brothers knew, Sam laid a hoof on the shoulder of the grey griffon, “Don’t worry, I promise you that we will not let that monster kill another one of you.”

“You won’t?” Airy asked, a look of hope coming to her eyes.

“I promise,” Sam said with a smile before following Dean out the door.

As the two brothers walked to Carmine’s cart, Dean lightly nudged his little brother, “So, still have a thing for griffons?”

Sam let out a small gasp of shock and shook his head, “I do not! I was just trying to reassure her that we are going to handle it... right?”

Dean smirked as he got into the cart, “Watch us.”


It didn’t take very long for the brothers to find themselves in the woods, and it was even shorter before the two were already walking through the trees in order to find out more about their quarry. Sam, ever the quiet one, kept a little bit distance from his brother as he began to look along the different pathways. He felt a little out of his element at the moment, preferring to do research on monsters from within the library before going off to slay the latest beast. Raising his head, Sam’s eyes looked admiringly at his older brother, noting that it seemed like Dean was treating the monster like his prey, “Dean always seemed to be more of a hunter than I am,” Sam thought to himself as he watched his older brother step over a few more branches. “I guess its because he takes after mom more.”

He sighed at that. It was true after all, while their mother was a pony, their father was a griffon, and yet they defied the stereotypes associated with those two races.. It was also Dean, who took after their mother in terms of fighting and hunting, while Sam had a lot of his father’s kindness and softness. Chuckling, he tried to figure out how it was that they could mesh so well together to get anything done. As he shook his head, the brown coated stallion caught sight of something, “Hey Dean, look at this!”

“What?” Dean asked, walking to his brother and stepping back a little at the sight. “What monster made that!?”

Sam got down to his knees to look closely at the three toe foot print, “It’s too small for a Windego, and Timberwolves don’t have claws like that.”

With a chuckle, the eldest brother looked to Sam, “Sammy, what does it say about our lives that Windegos top Timberwolves in our list of explanations?”

“That while most kids grew up wanting cutie marks in normal things like gaming or sports, we were thinking we might get them in crossbow shooting or vamp slaying,” Sam responded with a smile on his face. Turning his head to look down the path, his eyes began to follow the footprints, “It looks likes the tracks lead to that clearing.”

Dean stood up and began to walk ahead of the younger brother, “Let’s go check and see if the monster decided to relax out there.” Trudging through the brush, he and Sam made their way into the clearing. In the center sat a small cabin, big enough for a small family, “Think anypony is inside?”

“I think so, there are some lights in there,” Sam said, walking up to the door and knocking on it.

“Yeah, what do ya need?” shouted the stallion inside the cabin.

“I’m agent Cooper and this is agent Braunn,” Dean said, bringing out a pair of badges. “Celestia Investigation Agency.”

“What does the CIA want?” asked the stallion, looking at the two stallions.

“We’re asking about some murders that have been happening in the past week. May we come in Mr...?” Sam began.

“Dumb Struck. Yeah, go ahead and laugh, my mom was up on meds when she had me,” Struck said, leading the boys in with a wave of his hoof. “I’m assuming that you are here to talk about those kids that have been dying recently. Poor things, being murdered by some monster in the prime of their young lives.”

As Struck sighed, Sam looked at a picture of the blue stallion with a little colt and came to a sad conclusion, “Your son?”

The stallion looked over at the photo,“Died a week ago, ran over by a chariot. The guys who did it didn’t even see him or stop to check up on him,” the stallion said, a tear coming to his eyes.

“ I’m sorry,” Sam said.. He did not notice the lack of the same look in Dean’s eyes, “I can understand, we lost our dad when we were kids. We know how hard it can be to keep going.”

“Thanks, it’s been a hard week but I’ve managed,” Struck said, a small shudder. “I am sorry, but I can’t really help with you much. All I can say is that I may have seen the murderer passing through the shadows, but it could’ve been a wolf for all I could tell.”

“Well thank you sir, if we-”

“Nice zebra masks,” Dean interrupted, looking at some masks along the wall behind Dumb Struck.

“Thanks, I collect them,” Struck said as he watched the two boys walk out of the door.

As Dean got outside and began walk through the woods, he let out an annoyed growl, “That was a bust.”

“Research time?” Sam asked.

“Research time,” Dean agreed.


A few hours later, the two boys were sitting in their motel room, books littering the area. Some of these books, the ones that weren’t sent to the ground for having nothing of interest, were on the bed with Sam. Dean, on the other hoof, was busy cleaning the knives and crossbows with the help of Carmine. Taking his time to examine each page, the little brother commented, “You know, with this creature attacking such a small group of friends, I’m thinking that this thing is a vengeance demon.”

Dean arched an eyebrow at this, “Aren’t they usually hot, pony-shaped, and usually hang around other mares?”

“Well, yeah,” Sam rolled his eyes at his brother’s pervertness. “But you and I both know that there are different variations on different monsters. I mean, how many varieties of vampires have we faced?”

“Ones that die by staking, ones that die by beheading, ones that die by sunlight, ones die by-” began Carmine as she finished the last of the crossbows.

“Why can’t these vamps ever just pick a way to die and stick with it?” Dean asked.

Sam shrugged and continued to read, “Wait! I think I might have found something. Look,” he then slid the book over to the older brother, “It is an old zebracian demon that is usually summoned by one who was wronged to take revenge upon others.”

Upon hearing this, Carmine left Dean to finish sharpening the last of the blades, “Well, I guess I better go and grab the cart. I can’t wait to try out the new wheels in Everfree.”

A few hours later, the trio found themselves within the woods of Everfree and near the old hut that was Zecora’s place,

” A demon from ancient lore,

Deciding to live once more?

Give me time to look

And I’ll find an answer in a book.”

“So, Dean,” asked Sam as the zebra began to look in her bookshelf for what she needed, “Vengeance demon, who do you think summoned it?”

“Who do you think,” Dean asked matter of factly.

“I kind of figured,” a depressed sigh escaped the young hunter’s mouth. “I just... hate the idea that we’ll have to take a normal pony’s life to save people.”

Dean shook his head, feeling a little down at his brother’s soft naivete, “Sam, remember what Mom sang to us?”

Solemnly, Sam nodded, “Take what you can from the beast you defeat, you’ll need it for some of the ponies you’ll meet. I remember Dean. I’m not an idiot, I know that there are some monsters out there that are worse than the ones we face It’s just... he’s doing this out of love for his kid. You remember how I felt about that demon that killed Jessica; how much I wanted to find and do to him what he did to her.”

“I know Sam, but it doesn’t change the fact that this sicko is letting some demon bitch killing ponies. That is not the way you deal with problems,” Dean said, watching as Zecora walked back with a book.

Lowering his head, Sam shook side to side and let his wavy brown mane float back and forth, “I just don’t like the idea of killing normal ponies. Monsters are fine, but this?”

Before the two brothers could continue their discussion, Zecora laid the book down in front of them, “It is as I dread, it is Pumpkinhead.”

“Pumpkinhead?” Sam asked.

“Pumpkinhead

As you said

Is a dreadful demon of vengeance

Usually summoned by a pony with urges of malice.


He is strong of body and fast of feet.

To destroy him is no easy feat.


“Why is that?” asked Dean.

“To all manner of attack and duel

He is invincible

However, this armor has a chink

and that is found within his bond’s link

For the demon is connected to his summoner

all pain he feels for the worst and the better

Until he or all are dead

will rest the demonic Pumpkinhead”


“We’ll have to... kill the guy?” asked

Dean sighed and got off the floor to head towards the door, “Guess we have no choice.”

“Wait, dear Dean!” exclaimed Zecora, placing her hoof onto Dean’s shoulder. “Another way has yet to be seen.”

Dean looked over his shoulder and smirked.


The creature known as Pumpkinhead strolled through the town in the back alleys, his clawed hands leaving deep scratches in the walls as he moved without being seen. A low growl escaped his lips while he dragged his tongue along the sharp fangs of his mouth, swishing his head left and right while trying to pick up the scent of his prey. It did not take him long to find the soul of his next victim, awaiting for him inside the small house across the road. Running fast upon his two legs, he crossed the road and slashed open the front door. Stepping in, his white pupiless eyes caught sight of Airy, and one other equine, “You are one ugly son of a bitch, aint ya?” Dean taunted as he looked at the orange monster while he drank his cider. He watched as it stood on its legs to its full height.

The creature drew back its arms and let out a demonic hiss, its serpentine tail swishing in anger. Dean only stared back, unfazed by the creature’s roar or its unique pumpkin shaped head. He just turned to look at Airy, who was behind him, and yelled, “RUN!”. Turning to watch the creature attempt to run after the grey griffon, the tan stallion leapt on to the creature and slashed at it with a silver blade, “Don’t think so, Pumpkin. No griffon for dinner tonight!”

The creature roared in pain and annoyance as Dean cut deeply into its chest twice, before lifting and slashing across the earth pony’s chest and face. The monster then kicked the older Whinnychester into a wall. Coughing and bleeding from his wound, Dean slowly got up, thinking “Come on, Sammy!” as he ran into the room where Airy disappeared to.

The younger brother in question, meanwhile, was busting down the door to Struck’s cabin, “Dumb Struck? I know you’re in here, I want you to come on out and talk.”

“I’m here,” Struck said, getting up from a chair and walking to face the hunter. As he looked at Sam, he winced in pain as if he was seeing something, “What do ya want to talk about?”

“I know you are the one who summoned Pumpkinhead. I want you to reconsider what you did and get rid of him,” Sam pleaded looking at the stallion.

“Now,” he winced as he felt the cuts and watched Dean and the griffon run away from the monster, “why do I want him to retreat? I asked for this didn’t I? That zebra told me that I was sacrificing a part of myself when I summoned it and I listened.”

“But, you know what he does to those griffons! Zecora told me that you can see every kill that he does, every murder that he commits, and the looks of fear that are in his victim’s eyes!”

With a chuckle, Struck retorted, “Don’t you think I know that!? I saw that griffon die painfully at the claws of that beast, as the creature ran his claws through his stomach. I saw it all, and you know what?... I LOVED IT! Each one of those bastards got what they deserved.”

“You can’t mean that!” Sam said, reaching for his crossbow silently.

“I do! those griffon bastards flew their cart over my boy and killed him. Did they care? NO! Did they come back to help him? NO! They killed him, and now... now they pay,” growled Dumb, slamming his hoof to the ground.

“But they don’t deserve-”

“Don’t you fucking tell me what they don’t deserve! They are killers, dead and simple. Now, why don’t you,” he stopped talking as he saw Sam draw his crossbow and aim. “Oh, what is this?”

“There was only one way to stop that monster before he kills the others, you have to kill the summoner,” Sam said, cocking his crossbow and narrowing his eyes at his target.

“Really? Ya gonna try and kill me just to protect those brats? Let them die, make the world a little better,” Dumb said, smirking.

Sam only growled in reponse, “They are still young, they need have a chance to grow up and learn!”

“To be little killers? I don’t think so, but why are are you so protective of,” it took the stallion a few minutes to realize. “Oh, I get it, it’s because that’s your family out there. His life is on the line and you want to save him. Hypocrite, I bet you wouldn’t care if it wasn’t your brother on the line.”

“You’re wrong,” Sam said, his face unwavering. “Even if it wasn’t Dean out there, I would care. I know how you are feeling right now, but trust me... murdering in cold blood isn’t the way.”

“Well, I’m not gonna stop until that little group of punks is dead. So,” the stallion said, lifting up his chin defiantly. “You are just going to have to shoot me. Because I want them dead, I want them deader than anything.” a chuckle escaped his lips as he watched Sam hesitate, “Can’t do it, can ya? Don’t have the guts. All that talk and you can’t even kill to save your brother. Well, I guess he is gonna die. I can see the monster getting closer to him, its almost over. I guess-AHHH!” he yelped as Sam fired his crossbow.

“You really underestimate my brother,” Sam chuckled as he looked at the bolt he had fired, now resting in the stallion’s foreleg. “What you basically told me, was that Dean’s part of the plan is done.”

Back at the house, Dean collapsed to his stomach, “Got ya,” he said as he looked to the demon.

Airy arched an eyebrow at this, “What do you mean?”

Dean smirked, “Watch me!” he then rubbed the last bit of blood across the floor, completing the circle. In response, Pumpkinhead let out a scream of rage as the demon seal blocked him from moving.

Airy looked around in shock, “You... you used your blood to make a circle and that is why you let him chase you?”

“Yeah, but we aren’t done yet,” Dean chuckled as he watched Zecora walk into the room, beginning to chant.

Mabaya pepo kutoweka

kutoweka kutoka hapa

Movie kwanza ilikuwa bora anyway

Kusubiri, ni wewe kutafsiri hii

Kweli, je kweli tu kufanya hivyo

Naam, ili kama vile kukupa nini unataka

Ndiyo, kuna sura mpya ya dhambi zinazoingia

Mimi tu haja ya kufanya baadhi ya masahihisho

Paka wangu ilikuwa jina Luna

Nini kingine naweza kusema hapa

Oh, najua

GPPony yangu kidogo

GPPony yangu kidogo

Nilikuwa ajabu nini urafiki inaweza kuwa na maana

Mpaka pamoja uchawi wake na mimi

adventure Big

Tani ya furaha

moyo nzuri

Mwaminifu na nguvu

Kushiriki wema

Yake miguu rahisi

Uchawi inafanya yote kamili

GPPony yangu kidogo

Je, si unajua ni rafiki yangu bora


As the zebra chanted, ethereal green magic flowed from her hooves and around the body of the creature. The monster looked to the zebra and growled slowly as he began to feel the ethereal energy begin to take him back into the ether once more.


A few short hours later, Airy stood in front of the cabin the belonged to the stallion responsible for killing her friends, “He is still waiting, I left him tied up for you.” Sam said.

“Arent you afraid of the guard getting you for this?” Airy asked.

Sam sighed, “Not really. With the evidence against him, the guard are mostly likely going to think he killed your friends, not some demon.”

“He did kill them,” Airy said, showing absolute disgust.

“So, are you going to make him pay? We won’t stop you if you did,” Dean said, holding the wound on his chest.

“No,” the griffon said, turning around and walking away. “I rather let him suffer with the idea that I’m alive and well. That even though he tried very hard to get rid of me, I’m still here.”

As Sam and Dean watched the griffon fly away, Sam laid a foreleg over his older brother’s shoulder, “You know Dean, I think there is something important you should know.”

“What?” the older brother asked weakly.

“Don’t forget that I’m here to hold you up too. Even if I am a little nicer than you,” Sam smiled. “And if you ever agree to a plan involving you getting that hurt that badly again, I will hit you!” with that, he lightly nudged his older brother in the shoulder.

“Ow, watch it Sammy, I’m still an invalid!”


Dear Princess Celestia,

In response to your inquiry about the missing box. While I may have only a small idea as to it’s location, I do believe that the two brothers may be able to help locate it. However, I must ask, why did you tell me to be careful of the other angels?

Your agent,

Castiel.

Next time on Supernatural Pony Tales: Mouth of the Hellraiser

Author's Note:

Thanks to Zoltanthemagificent for the edits

By the way, yes...It is also "Hellmouth." Yes...I do mean there is a crossover with her. You can start cheering now.