• Published 1st Oct 2013
  • 2,272 Views, 65 Comments

Supernatural Pony Tales. - Alchemystudent



Equestria is a nice country, but deep within, there are monsters that lie beneath its calm exterior. This is where they come in, The Whinnychesters.

  • ...
5
 65
 2,272

Cornrows

The young filly ran through the house, sweat pouring down her face. As she ran, she began to regret telling her parents that she was fine without a babysitter. Behind her, a ghostly apparition continued to chase after her, wailing and screaming as it tried to claw at the child. After a few minutes of running, the rd filly found herself pushed back against a wall. Turning around, she held back a scream as the spirit inched its way towards her.

A shot rang out from the corridor as a crossbow bolt flew through the air, “Want to back away from the kid? Don’t want to hurt him to get to you.”

The spirit turned to look at Dean, screamed and flew off. Smirking cunningly, he chased after the apprition, running towards the door and outside. Once there, he saw his little brother waiting for him, “Uh, dean? About burning the corpse.”

“Yeah?” Dean asked, panting. He then watched as Sam pointed behind him, and looked up to the sky seeing several yellow bolts of lighting. After a few minutes, a white light shone from the location of the lighting bolts. Then, from behind the house emerged four figures in brown jumpsuits, one of them carrying a small smoking case. As Dean looked at the four figures, he screamed, “FUCKING KILL STEALING GHOSTBUSTERS!! Com on Sam, lets go. Remind me to NEVER hunt in Manehatten again.”

“Yes, Dean,” Sam said as he walked to the carriage.

Supernatural Pony Tales: Season 3

12 years ago...

The carriage rode down the dusty road, leaving behind a small bit of dust behind the trailing vehicle. All around the three passengers, the forest would pass them by with a vibrant beauty of many colors. None of this mattered to the young Sam Whinnychester, who was busy sleeping on his brother’s shoulder. Dean was quickly looking around the speeding by trees, trying to see if he could see a monster or a demon appering from the dark. Frequently, his young gold eyes would turn to the blond earth pony in fron of him. A smile came to his lips as he watched his mother in front, pride beaming in his heart.

Mary Whinnychester turned her head to look behind at her two children, “Tired?”

Dean shook his head, “No mom, but Sammy is sleeping.” he said, running a hoof through his little brother’s mane.

“Don’t worry,” Mary Whinnychester said to her fourteen year old. “We’re approaching a new town soon. Aren’t we, Carmine?”

The teenage impala nodded enthusiastically, “Yep, as a matter of fact we should be seeing Gatlin soon.”

True to her word, the small little town appeared before the four traveling hunters. A small little town surrounded by rows of cornfields behind its short buildings. Dean smiled as the town came into view and lightly nudged his little brother awake. With a rub of his eyes, the youngest Whinnychester gave a small yawn and looked at the small town as they rode into it, “Are we going to be sleeping here Dean?”

“You selpt all the way here, dork,” teased Dean.

“Dean, no mocking of your little brother,” reprimanded Mary as she looked on ahead. As they rode into the town proper, she began to notice the lack of ponies walking about. With a few twists of her head, she looked back at her impala friend, “I’m going to check out if there is anypony here who will give us a room tonight. You stay here, and if I’m not back in an hour-”

“Run away as fast as I can, and find Robbie. I know Mrs. Whinnychester,” Carmine said, saluting her boss.

After about 10 minutes of waiting, Dean began to get a little tired of sitting and got out of the carriage. As he did, a brown filly with a yellow mane walked slowly to the side, “She shouldn’t be here. Heathens are not welcome here.”

“Did you just call my mother a heathen?” Growled Dean as he watched the filly run away. “Hey, get your flank back here!!!”

As Dean began to run after the filly, Carmine’s voice rang out, “Dean, please don’t”

“Didn’t you hear what she just-”

“Yes, but running off is going to do nothing but complicate things and worry,” she then nudged her head in Sam’s direction.

Dean looked to Sam, who was busy looking over the edge of the carriage and talking to a pony, “Guess you’re right.” he sighed and walked to the carriage, hearing the end of the conversation.

“-Where is your horn?” asked the unicorn filly.

Sam rubbed the spot of his forehead where his horn would’ve been, “Don’t have one. I’m an earth pony.”

The unicorn fill smiled, “An earth pony? An earth pony!” she exclaimed as she began to clop her hooves against the ground. This began to cause a small sound to sound out through the town, making other fillies and colts to come out from the buildings and homes. All were either unicorns and pegasi, and all began to stare at the two young boys with wide enthusiastic eyes. Slowly they began to walk towards the carriage, all chanting, “Give to the earth, give to the earth.”

“Dean,” Sam said, backing up into the seat. “I’m scared.”

“Yeah,” Dean said, pushing one of the colts back. “Carmine, punch it!”

“No need to tell me twice, cutie!” Carmine said, her horns glowing a bright blue as she raced off. Running as fast as she could, leaving the group behind, she made her way to a small church. Getting unhitched to the chariot and racing inside, the three equines began to board up the doors with some of the chairs and candlesticks. After a fre moments, they sat against a pew and began to pant.

“Ok, what was that?” Dean asked, getting back to his hooves and walking around.

Carmine got up while Sam stood and began to walk around, “I don’t know. They looked nice, but then they started getting creepy when they found out that Sam and you were earth ponies.”

“Yeah, it was like they never saw an earth pony before,” Dean said, looking back to the large doors.

Sam looked to the stand, and hen stood back in horror, “G-guys, I think I just found out what happened to the adults.”

Dean ran over to his little brother, “Sammy, what do you-oh my Celestia.” he said, looking down at a stallion skeleton with a scythe next to his throat, the bloodstains still on the blade. Next to the stallion was one of a mare with a knife in the ribcage. Dean knelt down to the two skeletons, and began to look them over, “Ok, we don’t know how they died or if this is the same for all the adults. But at least this is something.”

Carmine looked above where Dean was standing and asked, “Why do you think that they put the symbol of Celestia in corn up there?”

“I have no idea, or why they wanted to kill us,” Dean said, looking up at the corn that was in a sun shape. He took a few steps off the podium and looked at the various shapes of corn that littlered the church, “Sun, moon, the heart, and some starburst. I know the sun should be for Celestia, but I have no idea why they have those other symbols aroun-”

CRASH!

The three turned to the sound of the crashing doors, and took a step back. Dean stood in front of Sam as the slamming against the doors grew louder and louder. There was the sounds of groaning and chanting coming from the other side of the door as the foals began to beat down the door.

Just as the slamming began, it suddenly stopped. There was the sound of screaming, shouting, and yelling followed by the sound of an explosion and the sound of gas. Then silence filled the air once more, and the three arched an eyebrow at the sudden silence. After a few moments, the doors busted open and a blonde mare stood in the open doorway, her crossbow on her left foreleg, “If you are going to go exploring, please let your mother know.”

“Mom!” shouted Dean and Sam as they raced to their mother and gave her a hug, Mary returning the hug and nuzzle.

Carmine ran to Mary Whinnychhest and gave a quick nuzzle, “Glad to see you, boss.” she then looked behind the earth pony at the fallen foals, “You didn’t-”

“No, they’re fine,” Mary said as she walked into the curch, looking at the fallen bodies. “I used an old zebra sleeping gas to knock them all out. They’ll wake up in a few hours feeling fresh, but they’ll be fine.”

“Mom, its horrible! I think that the foals went and killed-”Dean began, but was interrupted by his mom as she reached the pulpit.

“Killed the adults, I know,” Mary said, looking into the book. “I saw some of the bodies back at the hotel. Would’ve expected that a bunhc of foals wouldn’t know how to hide corpses well.”

“Why did they kill them mom?” asked Sam, walking up to his mother.

“I have no idea,” she whispered to herself as she began to look through the book. After a few minutes of looking through the pages, her eyes went wide, “Wait, I think I got it! Carmine, go to the carriage and bring out my journal.”

Nodding, the black impala ran outside of the church. Dean, on the other hand, looked over his mother’s shoulder and asked, “What did you find mom?”

“This passage,” Mary said as she began to read. “‘He who walks behind the rows demands the land to be cleansed. To be purified against the rotten element, to have they who have matured past their usefulness. He who walks behind the rows demands that one needs to give back to the earth.”

“What the fuck does that mean?” Dean asked, only to get lightly rapped by his mother.

“Don’t fucking swear around your little brother. Its ok around me, but you don’t want to set a bad example,” Mary repremanded as she looked back at the book.

Sam nodded enthusiastically, “Yeah Dean. Don’t want to set a bad example.” he smiled as he watched his older brother stick his tongue out.

Carmine came back to see Sam and Dean getting into a raspberry match, “Did I miss something?”

“No,” Mary shook her head. “You really didn’t. Just two little colts being themselves.” she chuckled as she went through her book. “Now, lets see...where did I hear something about harvest’s before. Ah, here we are, Tuscarora, back in the days before the two sisters he was whorshiped in towns that lacked earth ponies. They believed that he would give them the crops they needed in order to survive. And, he would, but at a price.”

“The blood of other ponies,” Dean whispered. “But why is he offing the adults? Is he a pedo or something?”

Mary shook her head, “Thinning the population, makes it easier to maintain food stores if there is only foals. What’s more, after the blood is given, he then has the children sacrifice earth ponies to keep the ground fresh and fertile.”

Sam shived a little, “So, they are going to try and sacrifice...us?”

“They won’t get the chance, because I am going to take out this spirit,” Mary said with an air finality.

“How, mom?” Dean asked. “Are you gonna flame the field?”

“And leave these little foals starving? No, Dean, that isn’t the answer,” Mary said, closing the book. “Spirits like these usually have a weakness that matches their element. For instant, you kill a water spirit with some fire or you freeze it. So, we just have to destroy its earth element and we can wipe it out.” she then walked away from the pulpit and began to walk to the doors, before looking over her shoulder at her two boys. “Knowing who it was that raised you, I have this feeling that you aren’t going to stay here if I told you.”

Sam and Dean happily shook their heads, much to the exasperation of Mary who put a hoof to her face, “OH well, I knew I should’ve raised you both to be Celestia fearing school colts.” with a sighe, she looked to both of the Whinnycesters and smiled. “Want to go watch how mommy kills a spirit?”

The boys cheered in happiness.


The trio of hunters walked slowly through the cornrows, slinking past the tall grass and leaving behind dents in their wake. Mary led her two children silently as they could go and occasionally would look behind her to make sure they were still behind her. Her golden eyes focused on the path ahead, the brown earth pony continued to look for a hint for her quarry. Every step they took would be followed by a whoosh of air from some foal following them. Sam moved a little closer to his big brother, “Deanie...I’m scared. What if the monster gets us before mom can kill it?”

Dean put a comforting hoof onto his little brother’s back, “Don’t worry, Sam. Mom is an expert tracker. It would take a lot for somepony to get the drop on her!”

“Really?” Asked Sam with glowing enthusiasm.

“Yep! You are four years younger than me, but you didn’t see it when mom faced down this vampire clan and took them all out with one blade and a broken foreleg,” Dean said, standing in a clear path. He then began to pantomime the motions of fighting, “The vamps were all around her, snarling and growling with their teeth bared. Mom was there, narrowing her eyes at them while holding her broken leg.”

“How did she break her foreleg?” Sam asked, not noticing the movement around him.

“It was thanks to a Orthus,” Dean said, smiling. “A two headed dog. She had broken her leg when she dcided to tame it. Well, anyway, back to the story. The vamps all thought she was dead in the water, but one sneer from her told them all they needed to know. They charged at her, and she began to cut them down one by one, not a bead of sweat on her!”

“Then what happened? Did she meet a vampire chief?” asked a five-year old filly.

“Did she meet a vampire and fall in love?” asked a little colt,

Dean shook his head, “Nah, mom would never betray dad! She just walked through the piles of dead vamps and made her way to the head vampire. By now, she had gashes all over her body, and she was weak, lost too much blood.”

“Why didn’t she rest?” asked a thirteen-year-old.

“Because if she did, she would her quarry,” Dean said, not noticing the large crowd of foals he had started to attract. “And mom, never, loses a hunt when she has her hooves on it. So she walked in on the head vampire, and he turned to her, his fangs dripping blood from his latest kill. ‘You killed my babies? Now you will die by my hand you foalish infidel!”

A young filly, about three, flapped her wings and asked, “Mr. Sacwifice, what’s an infidel?”

“It means an inferior pony,” said an older mare as she began to eat some popcorn.

“Anyway,” Dean said, walking around with his mom’s smirk on his face.” Mom just looked at him coldly and went, ‘well, you threatened my babies. Fair is fair. Now, lay down Vampire bitch and take your medicine.’ The vamp leapt at her and slashed her across the chest with his claws, leavign deep bloody cuts in her body.”

“Did she die?”

“Was she muwdered?”

“Is she ok?”

“Of course!” Dean smiled. “Mom just got up again, wiped the blood off and asked, ‘That all ya got?’ and she leapt at him and stabbed him in the heart with her trusty blade before spinning and cutting his head off.”

“Then what did she do?”asked Sam, sitting alongside the rest of the young foals of the town.

“She went to the hotel where we were staying at and took us out for ice cream,” Dean said. His eyes looked up at all of the foals of the town, and began to reach for his knife, “Uh oh.”

“Anymore story?” asked an eight year old unicorn.

“What?” Dean deadpanned.

“Yeah,” asked another filly. “Got another story about your mom? She sounds like she kicks ass!”

“Yeah!” said another colt, “We never heard of an adult like your mom.”

Dean smiled, “Well, there was this one time when mom was hunting this werepony for three days, trying to save dad.”

“She saved your dad?” asked a filly, “But I thought only colts could be heroes.”

“Are you kidding? That was mom and dad’s second date,” Dean chuckled. “She had to kill a mummy when she purposed to Dad, and then when I was born, she fought a freaking water spirit.”

“Wow,” came the mutual noise from the children.

Dean opened his mouth when he heard rustling behind him. Turning around, he saw a giant two legged monster with a black shadow covering his body, and with an etherial growl roared, “What do you think you are doing children? Kill the earth and give back.”

“But he was telling us nice stories,” said a filly.

“I do not care. Kill them and then their mother,” said the spirit.

Dean stood in front of the kids, bring out his knife with his teeth, “They don’t have to listen to you. They don’t have to follow a piece of crap like you.”

“Oh, and you think you can oppose me?” he asked, black cornrows reaching out towards Dean. “I think I will kill you fi-urrk!” An arrow through his throat cut his speech short. Growling, he turned to look at the arched.

Mary Whinnychester stood in the center of the field, looking at the demon with narrow eyes, “Back away from my sons.”

The demon let out a roar as he swiped at Mary with black corn stalks, the sound of the vines making a moaning sound as it neared her. Mary leapt over the vines and rolled to the side, before reloading her crossbow to fire again. With a growl, the spirit charged at her with claws bared and slashed at her left foreleg before she could fire.

With a yelp of pain, Mary brought out her dagger and slashed upwards across the creature's chest. Getting to her hooves, Mary began to run away from the spirit, leading him in a circle. Every time the spirit came close to strike at her during the circuit, she would duck or leap over the swipes. After a minute of running, she rolled under the spirit and made her way to the center, “Tired yet?” she asked as the spirit walked closer, only to scream in pain.

“What, what did you do to-AHHHHH” he yelled as rocky hands reached up and grabbed the demon.

“Did you really think I didn’t figure out where a demon like you was hiding? Earth spirits like you always pull the center of the field bs. I was just walking around the field to mark a circle, then I used my own blood to create a seal within a larger seal. One meant to bring you back home, to the earth.”

“What? No, you can’t,” growled the spirit as he found himself unable to move.

“And to insure you a safe passage,” Mary smirked as she held up her crossbow, with a corn attached to a bolt on it. “An holy arrow, right at your heart. Probably keep you trapped for a few centuries. Bye.” and with a smirk, fired her bolt.

Dean smiled, “See, Sam. Nothing to worry about. Sam? Sam?”

(The present)

“Yo! Sammy, waked up,” Dean yelled, lightly rapping his brother against the head.

“Wha-Oh, morning Dean,” Sam said with a smile as the carriage rode through the forest. “I was just dreaming about mom, and that town we helped when we were kids. I wonder if it’s doing ok.”

Carmine smiled as she looked ahead, “Well, wonder no more...we’re here.”

“What?” Sam asked as he looked at the small town that come up into view. With a statue of their mother prominently in the center.

“So, do you think they turned out alright?” Dean asked with a smile.

Author's Note:

An thus, a new season starts. These might be a little shorter due to all of the other projects I am working on, so my apologies. Hope I can still make thes enjoyable