• Published 1st Oct 2013
  • 2,272 Views, 65 Comments

Supernatural Pony Tales. - Alchemystudent



Equestria is a nice country, but deep within, there are monsters that lie beneath its calm exterior. This is where they come in, The Whinnychesters.

  • ...
5
 65
 2,272

Mummy Dearest

Sam as he looked to his older brother while they rested on the cart.

“YEah?” Dean said, drinking his soda slowly.

“When the show you love a lot ends, what happens next? I mean do you just quit watching? Forget about it, just leave nd never talk about it again? What if the ast few bits of it you hated?” Sam asked, looking at the star.

Dean sighed and then looked to his little brother, “We move on. That’s what happens. I mean, yeah, the show ends but that doesn’t mean you have to forget about it. You could always go back and rewatch the parts you love the most, read the stories about the show that other fans made up, or just talk about it with gellow fans.”

“But, what if you hated the last part?” Sam asked.

“Then,” Dean said with a shrug, “You ignore it, just focus on the things you love. Make up your own ending or take someone’s story as your own cannon and forget about what happens after you stoppped.”

“I get it, just love what you loved about the show and characters and then move on. You can still love something, even when it’s gone,” Sam said with a smile and nod. Then he looked to Dean, “Dean, do you think that was the most meta we’ll ever get?”

“Only if Jasen and Jared walks by,” Dean said, before waving to the two actors as they walekd off into the sunset.

Supernatural Pony Tales

(Don’t worry, this isn’t the final season)

Neigh Orleans mesuem of natural history, a very quiet part of the city. A large building that is infrequently visited by the populace in complarison of the rest of the city and it’s big events. Deep within the bowels of this large complex, two ponies began to lift and move a sacragopus into a new exhibit, “Hey, Strawberry Fields” the thin one with a strong trottingham accent asked, “Ever have that feeling you are just destined to be cannon fodder for a cold opening? That you are doomed to die at one pont?”

“All the time, Hard Day,”said the plump one. “Like one day, I am going to get killed by a supernatural entity right before the opening credits.”

Almost as if he temped fate one too many times, the sarcogopus began to slid open slowly. From within, a group of locus flew out from the stone coffin, swarming the two unfortunate souls. The two ponies bearly had time to scream as their bodies were devoured with a loud buzz.


Dean yawned, leaning back in the cart as he watched the clouds roll by. Behind him, his younger brother was busy reading a newspaper, looking through it for weird murders. With a low groan, he said, “Sam, if you don’t find me a case in the next few minutes, I am going to go mad!”

“What can I say, it’s like the supernatural was taking a break today,” Sam said calmly, trying to ignore how annoyed his brother. Sounded.

Their Impala shook her head and laid down, “Dean,you really need to relax.”

This made Dean roll his eyes in exasperation. His attention then turned to Sam as he heard him make an exclimation, “You find something?”

“Well, there’s this meusuem,” Sam began, only to hear his brother groan in pain. Sam then smiled as he continued, “That has had some recent murders caused by infected blood, Locus, and someone falling to death in the middle of the night.”

Dean grinned as he said, “Aw, Sammy, you do know me!” and then with a crack of the harness, Roxanne took off towards Manehatten.


“Thank you for coming, mr...I’m sorry but what are your names again?” the old pony asked, his wrinkled coat somehow showing an air of age and diginity.

“Agent Haynes, and this is my partner, Agent Jones,” Sam said, showing his fake badge, “We are investigating some of the deaths that have been happening around here.”

The grey stallion nodded, his leering gaze looking over the two brothers as he nodded. His voice carried a creepy and sullen air, “Yes, those horrible accidents. What a horrible fate. But such is the life of those who disturb the tomb of Ramseas.”

Dean looked at him, “Ramseas? Like Celstia’s Chef?”

“Oh no,” the old pony said, shaking his head, “WQuite different I’m afraid. You see, Ramseas was a powerful unicorn back during the times of the three tribes, one who was close to being like Starswirl in power. However, he, like all mortals, began to grow old. He began to despise his fae.”

“Well, what can he do,” Sam said, “We all die sometime, it’s a natural part of life.”

The caretaker let out a snort as he continued, “HE did not see it that way. He believed that his magic, knowledge, needed to be preserved. So thus, he began his greatest ritual, a spell that would be the epitiome of his time.”

“What?” asked Dean.

“By using the power of seven souls lost to various spells, he would attach his sould to placathery. This would in effect, grant him immortality and turn him into a lich,” the grey unicorn said. “Ahhh, a lich, what I wouldn’t give to see one. But enough about that, he was caught before he could transform into one, just a few souls from becoming that grand being.”

“But he got found out, and then was mummified for his troubles. Am I reading you right?” asked dean, looking at the pony with narrowed eyes. “And that’s what the guy wo was taking a dirt nap over there in that sarcogapoush?”

“Yes, putting it plainly,” the pony said, before turning around and looking behind him, “If you excuse me, I need to talk to some other guests.”

Sam nodded, “We’ll take it from here. Thank you mr...”

“Call me Boarish Kough,” the grey unicorn said, walking away.

Dean arched an eyebrow at the name and began to turn to look back at his brother,” So, what you got for me Sam?”

Sam sighed and shook his head, “Nothing. All of this is written in ancient unicorn, so I can’t really translate it and this lich ritual is something new to me.”

“So basically, you don’t know,” Dean said, and then shook his head. Turning his head, he noticed a small red gem. Stepping curious, he looked at it, noticing the symbol that was etched within the gem, held by a golden pendant. “Got to admit, these old ponies new how to hype up their jewlery.”

“Yeah, back then ponies used to value gems a lot more because it was rarer to find,” Sam said, looking at the rest of the exhibit, “Now they’re so easy to find that they are mainly used for things like enchantments and emboridery.”

Dean nodded and turned around, just in time to hear a pony scream. Looking ot his little brother, the two ran into the creation exhibit. Once there, they saw a pony as he began to scream to death with fire turning his body to ash.


Dean laid back onto the bed, looking at his little book, “Oh yeah, those are some nice-” sadly, before he could finish his hot neighpon mare porn, he heard the door to the hotel open and Sam step in, “Oh, hey Sam, enjoy nerd work?”

“It’s called being productive, look it up Dean,” Sam said, smirking at his older brother. Then he placed his book dwn and began to look through it, “I keep thinking about what Boaris said, about the lich and the connections between the curses.”

“So what?” Dean asked, “He’s a curator, he knows his stuff.”

“Yeah, but then I asked around,” Sam said, “No one can seem to remember when he started working there. And no one could confirm seeing him before a week ago.”

“Go on,” Dean said, his curiosity piqued as he leaned forward onto the bed and smiling.

“Well, it also seems that the runes that were on the coffin only gave me the name of the lich, and why we should never open it,” Sam said, looking at the book, “And according to the book, that whole 7 deaths ritual is not the way to bring about a lich. The true ritual is hidden in the Starswirl wing back in Canterlot under several magical sigils.”

“So, we have a new curator that no one knows about, and has lied to us, and there are mysterious deaths probably meant to distract us,” Dean said. “I see a return trip in our future.”

Sam nodded, “Espeically since when I left there were a few more deaths. I think there is only one more left.”

“Right, so shall we move?” Dean asked, getting up and putting on his crossbow.


The meusuem at night was dark and foreboding, the silence matching the tomb that the coffin was taken from. The two brothers, little lights attached to thier necks to keep the lights on, walked through the exhibit with trepitiation. Eyes peeled, they continued to keep their eyes peeled as they walked through the halls. Keeping himslef ahead of his brother, Dean said, “So, what are you banking on?”

“Mad scorcerer pony who wants to follow in his footsteps, or undead that whorship the original guy,” Sam said, looking around the tomb.

“Actually, I am him,” Boaris said, not seeing Sam giving Dean twenty-five bits Slowly, he began to make his way to a small altar, with two indentations on it. Within one was a heart, and the other was nothing. Turning to look at the brothers, his body began to become adorned with his robes from his previous life. Holding out a hoof, he began to speak, “I remember when I introduced the ritual to Starswirl. How I had planned to liv forever and cheat death. He called me mad and insane. That the power of necromancy was in the realm of the elks and the legend of Grogar. I called him a foal.”

Sam looked at him and frowned, “He was right tough. You can’t cheat death.”

“Can’t I? Grogar is a legend who had done it, Elk mages have been known to dabble in the arts, so why cannot I?” he asked as he rubbed his hoof along the heart. “All I needed was to distract Starswirl with some plauges and my plan could be completed. However, the stallion found me out before I could get the required ingrediants. All I had a chance to do was create my,” his eyes drifted to the gem, “Repalicifray.”

“So let me guess, the whole seven curses thing was just something to distract the ponies while you got the stuff you needed?” Dean said with a roll of his eyes.

“YEs, one of my many downsides is my love of the theatrical,” Boaris said, allowing his horn to ignite. Around them the coffins began to rumble a little. “Seeing that I already have one heart to help me complete my transformation into lichdom, I only need one more heart.”

“And we’re the sacrifice?” asked Dean.

Boaris chuckled, “Indeed. Tell me, you know what my last curse would’ve been had you not come in?” as the tombs opened, he smiled and siad, “The death of the first born.”

“Son of a-” Dean said, firing his crossbow at the zombie right behinf him. Looking around, he watched as the zombies of the past victims began to rise from their graves, shambling towards the two brothers. With a small growl, Dean began to run into the small group, killing the rising undead.

Sam narrowed his eyes and fired a few bolts at some of the shambling ghouls. Then he quickly ran from the group and fired a shot at the undead unicorn. Boaris only smiled as he held up a hoof to block the shot. Sam frowned when he watched the crossbow bolt bounce harmlessly off the shield. Stepping back, he began to look around, trying to see where his brother dissappeared, “Dean? DEAN!?”

“Over here,” Dean said, aiming his crossbow at the ruby. “Just found his little gem that is holding his soul.”

Boaris hasped, “No, don’t touch that! That’s my reliquathary!”

“No it isn’t,” Dean said, smirking as he aimed at the vase, “You made the ruby wayyyyy to obivious.”

“Ummm, no?” Boaris said with a sheepish grin.

“You, are not a good actor,”Dean said, firing his crossbow bolt at the vase and causeing the vase to shatter. With a loud scream, Boaris began to decay into dust.


Sam couldn’t help but chuckle as the two drove away from the city. Looking to his brother, he said, “You know, we’ve fought werewovles, frankenstiens, and vamps, but mummies always seem to be left...” he paused and looked at his brother writng something down. “What are you doing?”

Dean smirked, “Just jotting down on my monster bucket list. I’ve been wanting to fight a mummy for years. Now we just need to fight a real lich instead of a wanna be, a dragolich, a-”

“Dean, you really think we’ll be around that long?” Sam asked.

Dean shrugged, “Why not? Sure we might not have that many stories, but we’ll still find something to hunt and kill.”

“Yeah,” Sam smiled, “You’re right.”