• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 952 Views, 20 Comments

It must be real...... - TheBronyaroundthecorner



A first person HiE/PoE fic based on what would it be like if MLP was real in the POV of a human.

  • ...
10
 20
 952

Chapter 2: Kindness

It must be real….. Kindness
By TheBronyaroundthecorner

A/N: Hello fellow fanfic readers and writers, from what I have seen in the comments, the chapters need to be longer and paced longer as well. From now on the chapters will be at least 1,100+ words. Thanks to all who enjoy this story and gave it a like and/or fav, it helps me a lot! Now, onto the story.
<<>>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>
I must of sat on my bed for at least an hour maybe, that wasn't the issue at this point though, the main issue was figuring out how to find them; Twilight, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, but how could they be here on Earth? is it even possible? Well I did meet them in my dreams, but that’s different. I'm getting off topic now, I need to focus, where and what, where and what………
Feeling slightly stressed, I placed my hands on both sides of my head and rubbed softly, which seemed to relax me a lot. After a few minutes of massaging, I finally came up with the idea to research them, seeing as though I have to learn the values of friendship, I might as well give it a shot.
I got up off my bed and walked over to the computer and turned it on.

“Which pony should I research first?,” I said to myself, “how about…….Fluttershy!”
After typing her name in the search box, a big list of websites appeared on the screen. Closely examining the list, one website caught my eye, “Looks legit, ok…..” the site had everything; her height, weight and even her age, “ says here that that she is not afraid of meeting new animals, there is an animal nursery near here, maybe Fluttershy could be there, if the Main 6 are here on Earth then the first thing that they would do is get accustomed to this place and find a place to stay, in Fluttershy’s case, to stay with the wildlife that lives here. It’s worth a look!”

I decided to pack some things for the journey ahead like food, water, spare clothes, a torch and other necessities that I might need. Before I got under way on my adventure, I printed the biographies of the Main 6 to take with me so I know where to search for them.

I am now ready.
<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>

I was full of excitement and anxiety to be actually embarking on this ‘crusade’. Pushing my Yamaha up to the front gate I glance over my shoulder towards the house and all the memories and things about to be left behind. Without reconsidering, I push open the gate and make my way to the curb, closing the gate in the process.
It felt like time stopped right there and then, starting up the bike must of activated something inside my brain because all the bad memories just vanished and all that remained was determination and commitment. Commitment to finding the Main 6 and learning the values of friendship. I hopped on the bike and took off down the empty road, not looking back at my previous life but looking forward to my life that’s ahead of me.

The trip didn’t take long, except of the odd car turning off or on the road. I pulled up to the front gate and to my surprise, it was closed, a big rusty lock held the gates together. Over to my left was a gap in the fence, having no other way to get in, I hid my bike behind some bushes and slid through the hole. On the other side were multiple enclosures big and small, walking around brought back memories of happiness from when I was little. I smiled at the memory of the time I fed the animals for the first time and holding the bunnies in my arms.
Then it hit me, Fluttershy loves bunnies, chances are that she might be at the bunny enclosure, I hope.

Traversing through the nursery wasn’t hard, but not simple, with the day coming to an end and the storm that’s rolling in. after getting lost once or twice the enclosure came into my view, my body filled with excitement as I approached the fence, which quickly diminished when there was no sign of her anywhere. Leaning up against the fence started to hurt, but it was nothing compared to the pain I was feeling now, “Come on Anthony, concentrate. It’s not the end of the world, just keep searching until you find Fluttershy and the rest of the Elements of Harmony”

Wiping the tears away, I looked up at the sky to see the storm rolling in, droplets of rain landing on my face. Something soft brushed past my leg, I looked down to see a little white bunny snuggling against my leg. Its cute little nose and floppy ears got me like a knife to the heart.
“Hey little guy, are you lost?” I already knew that I can’t speak to animals but it still feels good to show that you care, “Are you cold? Wait there, I’ll get you something warm to wear”

The air was indeed getting chilly as the stormy night was well and truly on top of us, and the wind wasn’t making anything better either. I took my bag off and placed it on the ground, I then unzipped the bag and reached in it, rummaging through all the items until I found what I was looking for. “Ok, now hold still, this won’t hurt a bit”. Strangely enough, there was no attempt to resist and it seemed to fit perfectly. “Not bad, if I do say so myself”. The bunny seemed to nod in response, but I didn’t take notice of it to be certain. I used a sock and my pocket knife to cut it into a mini sweater, which turned out great.

Even though the feeling of doing a kind thing felt good, but seeing the bunny hop away reminded me of Fluttershy. There was no point of trying to hold back the sadness that was building up inside of me, so I walked over to a nearby bench and sat down, placing the bag on the ground in front of me. The weather only made the whole event even more dreary, but that was the least of my worries as my eyes began tearing up. I eventually gave in to the endless waves of emotion, placing my head into my hands, making my already soaked appearance all the worse.
<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><

Hours must of past before I could muster up the energy to glance up at my surroundings because by the time I stopped crying the sky was clear. I could still see, thanks to the automatic light posts. I was still quite sad and when I tried to let it out, nothing would happen, just a groan or sigh.

But soon after, something did happen. I felt a hoof being placed on my shoulder. A hoof….

“Ex…Excuse me sir, um…uh…are you alright? If you mind me asking?” said a shy, timid, whisper- like voice.
I knew that voice any day, I belonged to the most kind, sweet and nurturing pony. My expression changed instantaneously to a surprised and somewhat confused one.

“Fl…Flutt..t..Fluttershy?”

Author's Note:

Hi, I hope you enjoy this chapter and even though it is a bit small try reading it while picturing yourself in Anthony's position.
Thanks.

Comments ( 3 )

when you start making next chapter?

Comment posted by TheBronyaroundthecorner deleted Jan 7th, 2014
Login or register to comment